Rmz shock on rm125?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/10/2018 1:43 PM

Does anyone know if an Rmz shock (08-09)or any year's will fit on a 2004 rm125? I've looked everywhere and a few people have said that they do fit but didn't specify which year, the rmz shocks are quite a lot cheaper than a showa 125 shock so figured I'd just get one from an rmz if it worked, thanks! ?

|

1/10/2018 2:53 PM

Yes it will. It's the RMZ 250 shock up to 2009 if I remember correctly. However, I will have a great condition shock from a 2008 RM125 spare in a few weeks.

|

1/10/2018 4:14 PM

Bruneval wrote:

Yes it will. It's the RMZ 250 shock up to 2009 if I remember correctly. However, I will have a great condition shock from a 2008 RM125 spare in a few weeks.

Ok great! Mhmm how much would you be willing to sell it for? Main reason I want to go with an rmz shock is price, they are $80-150 on ebay, a showa 125 shock is usually between 250-300 CAD

|

1/10/2018 5:22 PM

What parts do you need? I have a spare rm125 shock in lives that I could sell real cheap

|

1/10/2018 5:23 PM

Ps. It's the shock body that's the most different.... primarily the comp adjuster location and angle

|

1/10/2018 7:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2018 7:11 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

What parts do you need? I have a spare rm125 shock in lives that I could sell real cheap

Need the adjuster valve piece, not really experienced enough to do the work myself and a shop would be about the same price as a "new" shock, or are you saying you have an entire shock for sale?

|

1/13/2018 11:23 AM

Does anyone have proof or experience putting an rmz shock on an rm125? Lots of speculation that it does fit but haven't seen any proof or heard of anyone doing it themselves

|

1/15/2018 12:00 AM

Here's a pic of my 08 RM250 with a 2009 RMZ250 Ohlins Shock fitted.

I also own a 2015 RMZ450 and the standard Showa shock from that fits.
And just this weekend I have also fitted a KYB shock from a 2016 RMZ250 to my RM250 (although it was tight and required a little modification). I'll snap some pics and post them.


Photo

|

@russ_69

1/15/2018 2:39 AM

RussB wrote:

Here's a pic of my 08 RM250 with a 2009 RMZ250 Ohlins Shock fitted.

I also own a 2015 RMZ450 and the standard Showa shock from that fits.
And just this weekend I have also fitted a KYB shock from a 2016 RMZ250 to my RM250 (although it was tight and required a little modification). I'll snap some pics and post them.


Photo

Hi Russ,

How did you like the new KYB from 2016 RMZ compared to an Ohlins?
I'm on the fence on those. Can have either of those two for similar amount of money.
Leaning towards the Ohlins, as I have Ohlins up front, but I would appreciate your input since you tried both.

|

1/15/2018 3:29 AM

Turbojez wrote:

Hi Russ,

How did you like the new KYB from 2016 RMZ compared to an Ohlins?
I'm on the fence on those. Can have either of those two for similar amount of money.
Leaning towards the Ohlins, as I have Ohlins up front, but I would appreciate your input since you tried both.

I haven't had chance to ride with the KYB yet, and it will be difficult to compare as this year I'm doing Enduro racing on the RM250 so I have had the KYB shock re-valved for Enduro use.
However I'm hoping it will work well with the extra adjustability with the High and Low speed rebound adjusters.
I'm going to ride it for the first time this weekend so will report back with how it feels.

The Ohlins was really good for MX, better than re-valved stock. It's lighter too which is another bonus. The Ohlins I used (in the pic) is an older model TTX so a newer one is likely to be even better again. Highly recommended

|

@russ_69

1/15/2018 5:22 PM

RussB wrote:

Here's a pic of my 08 RM250 with a 2009 RMZ250 Ohlins Shock fitted.

I also own a 2015 RMZ450 and the standard Showa shock from that fits.
And just this weekend I have also fitted a KYB shock from a 2016 RMZ250 to my RM250 (although it was tight and required a little modification). I'll snap some pics and post them.


Photo

Do the 08 rm250 and 04 rm125 have interchangeable shocks? Cause is the mounting spots are the same on those two then the rmz would fit my rm125 too, thanks!

|

1/15/2018 11:48 PM

Yep 04 and 08 RM shocks are the same

|

@russ_69

1/16/2018 2:25 AM

RussB wrote:

Yep 04 and 08 RM shocks are the same

Awesome thank you! Looks like I'll be getting an rmz shock then:p not too worried about the valving/spec differences in rmz compared to rm125 shock, I'm a bit on the heavy side for a 125 and prefer a stiffer shock than softer

|