Eric Gorr CR144 questions

ron727
Fantasy
2353rd
Edited Date/Time 6/4/2022 8:21pm
Hey guys, I'm looking for a little help.

I recently bought a 2005 Honda CR125 rolling chassis with the motor in a box...all in pieces. The guy claimed the motor was a 144 built by Eric Gorr and at least the bore checks out, measuring just over 58mm.

I'm planning to do a full rebuild and need a little more info to go ahead. I've tried calling Eric Gorr's shop but there's no answer and it says the voicemail is full.

Anyway, according to his website, you get you choice of 3 powerbands and 2 fuel types. I'm just wondering if there's any way to identify which of these was done?

Also, does anyone have information on what piston to run?

Thanks!
|
FWYT
5/9/2022 3:41pm
You know, I just sent Gorr an email about a YZ144, myself. Have not heard back yet, though. According to his website, it looks like he uses Wossner piston. (Good quality!). I am guessing you could contact Wossner and explain your situation and see if they have the one you need. Particularly if you have your old piston to measure. I've ordered several pistons and cranks from them and they were knowledgeable and friendly. The US distributer is in Ohio.

I don't know if he is in house at Millenium... the addresses are different and it looks like he uses US Chrome for his plating. I could be wrong, of course.

Not sure about the fuel question.

Keep us posted what you find out.
Bruce372
5/9/2022 4:24pm
Does it have the old piston? If so, Eric using aftermarket stuff and you can Google the number from the piston.

On the powerband, you have to measure port height from top of the cylinder.
ron727
Fantasy
2353rd
5/10/2022 6:23am
Thanks for the info guys.

@suspensionguy - I was wondering about that too but couldn't find any markings anywhere on the head or cylinder.

@Bruce372 - unfortunately the piston is the only thing missing in the box of parts. As far as the powerband, do you know what the stock measurement should be?

The Shop

Bruce372
5/10/2022 7:25am
ron727 wrote:
Thanks for the info guys. @suspensionguy - I was wondering about that too but couldn't find any markings anywhere on the head or cylinder. @Bruce372 -...
Thanks for the info guys.

@suspensionguy - I was wondering about that too but couldn't find any markings anywhere on the head or cylinder.

@Bruce372 - unfortunately the piston is the only thing missing in the box of parts. As far as the powerband, do you know what the stock measurement should be?
No, but Eric's books are a good place to look. Since it's a 125 stroke with bigger bore, it's the same port height for 125 vs 144.

You might want to call wiseco or check their website. Also, try emailing Eric. He's a good dude, but sometimes a little aloof.
garasaki
5/10/2022 9:30am Edited Date/Time 5/10/2022 9:44am
I've not had any luck emailing Eric but he picked up the phone over the winter for me. Quick on the phone, no real communication regarding a cylinder replating after i sent it in, but did an awesome job quickly on the project. The cylinder just arrived on my doorstep one day shortly after sending it in.

What I'm saying is, communication may not be his strong suit.
tsmitty2661
5/23/2022 5:40pm
I have a 2007 CR125 with gorrs 144 kit. Not sure how to tell what port job he did on it besides asking him. You’ll be able to tell when you ride it though. I had him port for top and the bottom was gone, I actually sent it back for the mo betta.

He uses a proprietary piston from what I gathered. It was a weisco racer elite piston. Last time he sent me one I tried looking the part number up online and had no luck. Didn’t try dealers or anything like that
Tracktor
5/25/2022 9:48am
In my 96 Gorr ported CR144 I use a Wiseco YZ144 piston. I can track down part number. It's almost the exact same as the "custom" one it originally came with that was discontinued...........

Post a reply to: Eric Gorr CR144 questions

The Latest