Race Gas

Edited Date/Time 9/11/2012 6:25am
So i just concluded my vacation to the united states, back home in australia now.. While i was over there i did some riding and i couldnt help but smell the awesome scent of race gas in the air every time i went to the track.
Now back here im not sure what the rules are on what sort of fuel you can use.. but im just curious...

What exactly is that smell i am picking up? I can still smell it now haha such a great smell.
I dont think its just high octane fuel, is it some addative they put it? Or are they running some sort of straight VP gas?

anyone who knows what it is please tell me.. i could wear that stuff as cologne hahah
|
9/3/2012 5:08am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2012 5:10am
VP U4.2 smells like that, I am not sure if any of the newer VP fuels have that smell or not, as I haven't used them. I use Sunoco race gas out of a pump, which has a sweet smell just not as prominent as the 4.2. Oh yeah, there are also some additives you can add to your fuel to make it smell like grapes, cherries etc. I have smelled a couple of bikes running that stuff over the years.
pete24
Posts
2733
Joined
10/20/2011
Location
Marlborough, MA, USA
9/3/2012 6:37am
maxima 927 is the smell of mx
9/5/2012 10:39am
for the four strokes they are using either VP U4.4 or MR-12 Pro6(ama fuel)

for the two strokes they are using C-12 with 927
9/10/2012 6:08pm
Is VP U4.4 worth running in a stock motor?

The Shop

mx5471
Posts
985
Joined
7/10/2008
Location
USA
9/10/2012 7:26pm
No.
9/11/2012 6:25am
Is VP U4.4 worth running in a stock motor?
Yes with proper EFI mapping or carburetion changes.

Post a reply to: Race Gas

The Latest