Conspiracy Theories

Titan1
3/29/2016 10:05am Edited Date/Time 4/5/2016 6:53pm
So with every single terrorist attack (from 9/11 to Brussels), mass murder in America YouTube fills up with a ton of conspiracy theorists posting their videos about how it doesn't add up, its a false flag, etc. etc.

Anyway, having never been close to one of those-knowing anyone involved personally-I've watched the videos, and had to admit that they do make sense and given them some credibility.

As I posted before, I have a close friend that was injured in the Brussels terrorist attack. I've known him for 10+ years, his wife and my wife are great friends. I know his son that left here almost immediately and flew to Brussels (and who has been in the media with his mom), I know what he was doing in Brussels, I know what the other three Mormon missionaries that were injured in the attacks were doing in Brussels.

So when I see conspiracy theorists start calling Richard and the other missionaries "actors" and "traitors" for participating in this, and that they weren't really injured, and that it didn't really happened...well, lets just say...that conspiracy theorists-on this incident and others-are a bunch of morons...and I'm embarrassed I ever gave any of them the time of day.

Not sure the point of this, other than to say that conspiracy theorists are idiots. Carry on. Smile
|
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
3/29/2016 10:11am Edited Date/Time 3/29/2016 10:12am
Most those folks running those type of TY channels are just attention whores looking for views.
They try to be clever. I think it's novelty for a a lot of them.

The rest are clearly idiots,especially when you look deep into their pasts.

Firefly47
3/29/2016 10:11am
FastEddy wrote:
Most those folks running those type of TY channels are just attention whores looking for views. They try to be clever. I think it's novelty for...
Most those folks running those type of TY channels are just attention whores looking for views.
They try to be clever. I think it's novelty for a a lot of them.

The rest are clearly idiots,especially when you look deep into their pasts.

So, you're saying they're likely members here at Vital?
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
3/29/2016 10:18am
Firefly47 wrote:
So, you're saying they're likely members here at Vital?
Hah Smile
We've had a few over the years,haven't we?

But for the most the part,the majority of the guys on this site are good people.
They just like to rib each other every now & then.
MR. X
3/29/2016 10:43am
I enjoy reading a good conspiracy theory, the problem is when people start believing all of them.

The Shop

motogeezer
3/29/2016 11:00am
MR. X wrote:
I enjoy reading a good conspiracy theory, the problem is when people start believing all of them.
Yeah.

I kinda miss Horndog sometimes.
motogeezer
3/29/2016 11:10am
I read a book a while back called "Why People Believe Weird Things."

It turns out, it's simply because they want to.
kongols
3/29/2016 11:45am
motogeezer wrote:
I read a book a while back called "Why People Believe Weird Things."

It turns out, it's simply because they want to.
Exactly. People believe what they want to believe.
Firefly47
3/29/2016 11:49am
Don't even get me started on the anti-vaxxers.
IWreckALot
3/29/2016 12:47pm
I bet you guys all think we've actually landed on the moon too huh? pffffttttt
newmann
3/29/2016 12:55pm
So, we all trust the gub'mint?Laughing
Hman144
Fantasy
798th
3/29/2016 1:32pm
But, but, steel is fireproof!

coolhand
3/29/2016 3:53pm
look ! a bear
MR. X
3/29/2016 4:30pm
One thing is for sure ,if there was a theory that i believed in ,this would be the last place i would admit it.
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
3/29/2016 4:35pm
I love watching conspiracy videos on Youtube.

Mini Elsinore
3/29/2016 5:48pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2016 8:38pm
I'm going with Mr.X on this one.
philG
3/30/2016 3:12am
When you look at everything in isolation, stuff is easy to dismiss as co-incidence , or bad luck , or whatever, but when you look at the big picture of who and why and how.. it all falls into place.

You either believe everything you are told , or choose not to based on evidence and science.

When someone telling you stuff has a vested interest in ensuring you believe it , it ceases to be truth , and becomes a narrative to what they want you to know.

Governments lie... all the time , history shows us this is the way, and yet people still think otherwise.

Barrett57
3/30/2016 7:40am
My favorite conspiracy theory is about the Titanic and it's sinking being the biggest maritime insurance fraud in history.

It's an entertaining watch.

philG
3/30/2016 8:11am
Barrett57 wrote:
My favorite conspiracy theory is about the Titanic and it's sinking being the biggest maritime insurance fraud in history.

It's an entertaining watch.

I have seen that, very interesting .

Quite compelling to watch , the whole ' well they wouldn't ever do that ' logic makes it hard to take in, but never underestimate the lengths that rich people will go to to stop themselves becoming poor.
Barrett57
3/30/2016 8:49am Edited Date/Time 3/30/2016 8:49am
philG wrote:
I have seen that, very interesting . Quite compelling to watch , the whole ' well they wouldn't ever do that ' logic makes it hard...

Quite compelling to watch , the whole ' well they wouldn't ever do that ' logic makes it hard to take in, but never underestimate the lengths that rich people will go to to stop themselves becoming poor.
It's wouldn't surprise you, and there are some very strange happenings before, during and after the sinking.

One of the problems with the theory is that the wreck has been found and explored, and not a single artifact or part with the number 400 has been found, even the propellers have 401 stamped on them.

(400 was the number of the Olympic, 401 was the number of the Titanic)

Sunhouse
3/30/2016 8:57am
I was looking for all kinds of debunking videos on YT, just because I enjoy watching the conspiracy idiots taking a spanking. My favourite are the ones giving it to 9/11 idiots. They are soooo convinced of their own awesomeness and outside of the box-thinking. They are angry too! Very angry. I see alot of similarities between them and creationists. They are speaking out on things they know nothing about.
Anyway, I came across the biggest idiot of them all - Alex Jones. Holy sh!t, if someone needed to be beat up it's him. And people follow that idiot as if he was the Pope. If I have kids one day, I will kick them out of the house if I find them watching that stuff. They make the human race dumber
huck
3/30/2016 9:11am
MR. X wrote:
One thing is for sure ,if there was a theory that i believed in ,this would be the last place i would admit it.
True. You wouldn't believe who reads this place...
philG
3/30/2016 2:17pm
philG wrote:
I have seen that, very interesting . Quite compelling to watch , the whole ' well they wouldn't ever do that ' logic makes it hard...

Barrett57 wrote:
It's wouldn't surprise you, and there are some very strange happenings before, during and after the sinking. One of the problems with the theory is that...
It's wouldn't surprise you, and there are some very strange happenings before, during and after the sinking.

One of the problems with the theory is that the wreck has been found and explored, and not a single artifact or part with the number 400 has been found, even the propellers have 401 stamped on them.

(400 was the number of the Olympic, 401 was the number of the Titanic)

I have an open mind on it to be honest , nothing would surprise me , but its not all the stuff that they found at the bottom you need to think about... all the other stuff on the boat that didnt go down HAD to have 400 on it.

I know there were differences on the hulls , and that was what started it all off i think.

Its very interesting .
3/30/2016 5:19pm
Titan1 wrote:
So with every single terrorist attack (from 9/11 to Brussels), mass murder in America YouTube fills up with a ton of conspiracy theorists posting their videos...
So with every single terrorist attack (from 9/11 to Brussels), mass murder in America YouTube fills up with a ton of conspiracy theorists posting their videos about how it doesn't add up, its a false flag, etc. etc.

Anyway, having never been close to one of those-knowing anyone involved personally-I've watched the videos, and had to admit that they do make sense and given them some credibility.

As I posted before, I have a close friend that was injured in the Brussels terrorist attack. I've known him for 10+ years, his wife and my wife are great friends. I know his son that left here almost immediately and flew to Brussels (and who has been in the media with his mom), I know what he was doing in Brussels, I know what the other three Mormon missionaries that were injured in the attacks were doing in Brussels.

So when I see conspiracy theorists start calling Richard and the other missionaries "actors" and "traitors" for participating in this, and that they weren't really injured, and that it didn't really happened...well, lets just say...that conspiracy theorists-on this incident and others-are a bunch of morons...and I'm embarrassed I ever gave any of them the time of day.

Not sure the point of this, other than to say that conspiracy theorists are idiots. Carry on. Smile
"Conspiracy theorist" is a misnomer. 9/11 was a conspiracy of 19 guys according to the official story. Most big events require that people conspire to do something.
TailSoHard
4/5/2016 9:14am
A small part of me thinks that the government is behind the creation of conspiracy theories. Conspiracy theories are, in fact, a larger conspiracy theory... They're a way for the government to create fear and obedience. I don't believe that they've committed all the crimes they're accused of (maybe some, who knows), but the conspiracy theorists are doing a hell of a job of making it look like they could... and in the process, are creating power over the people without actually having to hurt their own citizens

Watch the South Park 9/11 conspiracy theory episode lol
Jim in VA
4/5/2016 6:53pm
Everybody here has a good point. I've seen lots of it too, much is hype and fear mongering, but a lot of it holds real truth. Anybody who is a blind follower of anything we're told is kind of stupid. I'll stay pretty neutral here like MR.X, lol, but use your own good judgement. Old wise man once say.... Believe half of what you hear, and none of what you're told.

Post a reply to: Conspiracy Theories

The Latest