Booked!

Stephon
Posts
2002
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Hollywood, CA, USA
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 12:35pm
It seems like it's been forever, but I finally booked a freakin commercial...and supposedly a Super Bowl spot at that. Ironically, I booked it on the same day that I found out that the KY Brand spot I shot in New York is not going to run. Jobs come and go...I also did a small part on Grey's Anatomy recently.
|
Kinetic1
Posts
2796
Joined
6/4/2009
Location
Gun Lake, MI, USA
12/18/2009 7:38am
Good for you. How about a link or just post the commercial.
zookrider62!
Posts
6825
Joined
12/22/2008
Location
Plano, TX, USA
12/18/2009 7:40am
Stephon wrote:
It seems like it's been forever, but I finally booked a freakin commercial...and supposedly a Super Bowl spot at that. Ironically, I booked it on the...
It seems like it's been forever, but I finally booked a freakin commercial...and supposedly a Super Bowl spot at that. Ironically, I booked it on the same day that I found out that the KY Brand spot I shot in New York is not going to run. Jobs come and go...I also did a small part on Grey's Anatomy recently.
If you shoot a commercial and it never airs, do you not get paid?
P
Posts
6054
Joined
11/21/2006
Location
Greensboro, NC, USA
12/18/2009 7:48am
Good deal dude.

Hey, are you going to A1? I'm all set.


P
Cygnus
Posts
14845
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Hanover, CO, USA
12/18/2009 7:49am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:31pm
You are one strong Dude.






Congrats man.

The Shop

12/18/2009 8:18am
Stephon wrote:
It seems like it's been forever, but I finally booked a freakin commercial...and supposedly a Super Bowl spot at that. Ironically, I booked it on the...
It seems like it's been forever, but I finally booked a freakin commercial...and supposedly a Super Bowl spot at that. Ironically, I booked it on the same day that I found out that the KY Brand spot I shot in New York is not going to run. Jobs come and go...I also did a small part on Grey's Anatomy recently.
My wife and I love Grey's, but I really think they have or about to have jumped the shark with the last couple of years storylines.
P
Posts
6054
Joined
11/21/2006
Location
Greensboro, NC, USA
12/18/2009 8:21am
Cygnus wrote:
You are one strong Dude.






Congrats man.
lol!! Funny stuff.


P
J.F.S
Posts
4383
Joined
10/20/2008
Location
Stockholm, SE
12/18/2009 8:22am
Congrats! Residuals, kaa-ching!
kcadrenalin
Posts
1427
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Turney, MO, USA
12/18/2009 8:29am
Stephon wrote:
It seems like it's been forever, but I finally booked a freakin commercial...and supposedly a Super Bowl spot at that. Ironically, I booked it on the...
It seems like it's been forever, but I finally booked a freakin commercial...and supposedly a Super Bowl spot at that. Ironically, I booked it on the same day that I found out that the KY Brand spot I shot in New York is not going to run. Jobs come and go...I also did a small part on Grey's Anatomy recently.
If you shoot a commercial and it never airs, do you not get paid?
I was wondering how that worked myself.
Stephon
Posts
2002
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Hollywood, CA, USA
12/18/2009 9:47am
Kinetic1 wrote:
Good for you. How about a link or just post the commercial.
The spot, for www.cars.com, hasn't been released yet. Hopefully I'll actually still be in it when it's finished. I'm assuming it'll be :60 for the Super Bowl and continue to run afterwards.
Stephon
Posts
2002
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Hollywood, CA, USA
12/18/2009 9:54am
Stephon wrote:
It seems like it's been forever, but I finally booked a freakin commercial...and supposedly a Super Bowl spot at that. Ironically, I booked it on the...
It seems like it's been forever, but I finally booked a freakin commercial...and supposedly a Super Bowl spot at that. Ironically, I booked it on the same day that I found out that the KY Brand spot I shot in New York is not going to run. Jobs come and go...I also did a small part on Grey's Anatomy recently.
If you shoot a commercial and it never airs, do you not get paid?
Yes, I did get paid. It's complicated, but yes.

I was paid for the day of work - 1 day of shooting.
Also, paid one day of travel to NYC and one day travel back to LA and per diem for all 3 days.


Plus holding fees every 13 weeks - that gives the ad agency/client the right to run the commercial. Use fees are paid to actually run the commercial.

In return, during which time they are paying holding/use fees, I cannot work for a competing product/service.
Stephon
Posts
2002
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Hollywood, CA, USA
12/18/2009 9:55am
J.F.S wrote:
Congrats! Residuals, kaa-ching!
Time will tell.
Stephon
Posts
2002
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Hollywood, CA, USA
12/18/2009 9:57am
Stephon wrote:
It seems like it's been forever, but I finally booked a freakin commercial...and supposedly a Super Bowl spot at that. Ironically, I booked it on the...
It seems like it's been forever, but I finally booked a freakin commercial...and supposedly a Super Bowl spot at that. Ironically, I booked it on the same day that I found out that the KY Brand spot I shot in New York is not going to run. Jobs come and go...I also did a small part on Grey's Anatomy recently.
tcannon521 wrote:
My wife and I love Grey's, but I really think they have or about to have jumped the shark with the last couple of years storylines.
As actors for hire, generally, we worry much less about those sharks you speak of - it's a gig, a chance to work and make a living...and it's usually a blast. We have our favorite shows too though.
TerryB
Posts
2840
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Cambridge, MN, USA
12/18/2009 10:14am
Cygnus wrote:
You are one strong Dude.






Congrats man.
Haha, very nice Stephon! WaMu doesn't have much of a presence around here, so I never see the commercials.

Post a reply to: Booked!

The Latest