colored hoses?

JoJmoto
Posts
1783
Joined
11/8/2006
Location
Clarkesville, GA, USA
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 12:58pm
My kid wants some of these colored hoses for his bike. Other then color, is there something they do better the stock? I read on one site they offer greater inner diamiter to allow more water in the lines but, wont the water pump only pump so much water anyway?
|
12/28/2010 7:23pm
JoJmoto wrote:
My kid wants some of these colored hoses for his bike. Other then color, is there something they do better the stock? I read on one...
My kid wants some of these colored hoses for his bike. Other then color, is there something they do better the stock? I read on one site they offer greater inner diamiter to allow more water in the lines but, wont the water pump only pump so much water anyway?
If they do flow more, I would think it would be a negligible amount. The cooling effect wouldn't change your engine's output for 5 or so lap amature races. I'd tell my kid to buy them himself, forget it, or soak his hoses in some kool-aid.
flarider
Posts
25496
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Daytona Beach, FL, USA
12/28/2010 7:24pm
Motohose is Lumpy790 on here

Talk to him



Trent179
Posts
1227
Joined
4/3/2010
Location
Princeton, IN, USA
12/28/2010 7:26pm
The red ones I bought off of ebay are junk.

The Shop

TerryK
Posts
9899
Joined
8/17/2006
Location
CA
12/28/2010 7:28pm
Trent179 wrote:
The red ones I bought off of ebay are junk.
Which ones?
Void Main
Posts
17013
Joined
3/19/2008
Location
USA
12/28/2010 7:30pm
Trent179 wrote:
The red ones I bought off of ebay are junk.
TerryK wrote:
Which ones?
The red ones.
roomtofly
Posts
80
Joined
8/8/2009
Location
Shreveport, LA, USA
12/28/2010 7:32pm
dude, motohose. seems they do not (no contraction necessary) get chalky and i am in no way sponsored by motohose.
Tim507
Posts
3490
Joined
6/8/2010
Location
Oregon City, OR, USA
12/28/2010 7:33pm
Think Gold Chains around the neck............
RACEGUY
Posts
1893
Joined
8/25/2009
Location
Moncton, CA
12/28/2010 7:35pm
roomtofly wrote:
dude, motohose. seems they do not (no contraction necessary) get chalky and i am in no way sponsored by motohose.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
JoJmoto
Posts
1783
Joined
11/8/2006
Location
Clarkesville, GA, USA
12/28/2010 7:39pm
he will be buying his own, I just dont know the difference in hoses. I thought Lumpy would be on here but guess not.
JoJmoto
Posts
1783
Joined
11/8/2006
Location
Clarkesville, GA, USA
12/28/2010 7:40pm
Tim507 wrote:
Think Gold Chains around the neck............
say what?
Trent179
Posts
1227
Joined
4/3/2010
Location
Princeton, IN, USA
12/28/2010 7:44pm
Trent179 wrote:
The red ones I bought off of ebay are junk.
TerryK wrote:
Which ones?
They were red. lol I really can't remember the brand name, bought them like a year ago. I only paid like 30 or 40 bucks for them. I'd say you get what you pay for. The ones I got were kind of small on the inner diameter and made some of them almost impossible to get on. I'd buy them from the guy one here, probably way better quality.
Tim507
Posts
3490
Joined
6/8/2010
Location
Oregon City, OR, USA
12/28/2010 8:03pm
Tim507 wrote:
Think Gold Chains around the neck............
JoJmoto wrote:
say what?
Bling buddy...nothing but BlingSmile
jmar
Posts
14154
Joined
2/11/2007
Location
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
12/28/2010 8:55pm
flarider wrote:
Motohose is Lumpy790 on here

Talk to him



Danger also has his own line of hoses.

PM me if you want his number.
bullpen58
Posts
4399
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Fresno, CA, USA
12/28/2010 8:57pm
They supposedly allow you to run greater PSI in your cooling system. This only benefits guys (aka factory) that have higher pressure radiator caps, larger radiators, etc. I've personally never heard of anyone blowing out a stock radiator hose on a late model bike that was well maintained.

The only other possible benefit I can see would be that on certain models (e.g., 2010/2011 YZ450), aftermarket hoses allow you to elminate that Y-fitting thingie and thus, reduce the chances of a hose coming off in a crash.
Cody24
Posts
779
Joined
11/15/2009
Location
Bend, OR, USA
12/28/2010 9:40pm
Trent179 wrote:
The red ones I bought off of ebay are junk.
TerryK wrote:
Which ones?
Void Main wrote:
The red ones.
Laughing Those are the best kind!
montesagold
Posts
684
Joined
10/15/2009
Location
East, TN, USA
12/28/2010 9:44pm
Trent179 wrote:
The red ones I bought off of ebay are junk.
TerryK wrote:
Which ones?
Trent179 wrote:
They were red. lol I really can't remember the brand name, bought them like a year ago. I only paid like 30 or 40 bucks for...
They were red. lol I really can't remember the brand name, bought them like a year ago. I only paid like 30 or 40 bucks for them. I'd say you get what you pay for. The ones I got were kind of small on the inner diameter and made some of them almost impossible to get on. I'd buy them from the guy one here, probably way better quality.
Other than fitment, did they hold up? My buddy just ordered some for a project he is working on, told him it may be a gamble.
nadeauracing229
Posts
654
Joined
11/27/2009
Location
Saratoga Springs, NY, USA
12/28/2010 9:51pm
Just spray paint them..Duh
race
Posts
3480
Joined
8/26/2006
Location
USA
12/28/2010 9:56pm
Trent179 wrote:
The red ones I bought off of ebay are junk.
TerryK wrote:
Which ones?
Trent179 wrote:
They were red. lol I really can't remember the brand name, bought them like a year ago. I only paid like 30 or 40 bucks for...
They were red. lol I really can't remember the brand name, bought them like a year ago. I only paid like 30 or 40 bucks for them. I'd say you get what you pay for. The ones I got were kind of small on the inner diameter and made some of them almost impossible to get on. I'd buy them from the guy one here, probably way better quality.
Sounds to me like you got .... HOSED.

gotwings
Posts
849
Joined
7/11/2010
Location
Nor Cal, CA, USA
12/28/2010 10:11pm
WE don't use "colored" anymore, fyi...
dl117
Posts
1547
Joined
2/8/2007
Location
Cambridge, MN, USA
12/29/2010 6:21am
my buddy just dipped his in plactic dip........taped up the ends and dripped, then let dry pull off tape and you have colored hoses.
SMITH201
Posts
1994
Joined
1/9/2007
Location
Frederick, MD, USA
12/29/2010 6:34am
Unless you are running 30 min plus 2 lap motos or do a lot of hare scrambles, then there is no benefit to having them. They do look trick though Cool
12/29/2010 7:03am
JoJmoto wrote:
My kid wants some of these colored hoses for his bike. Other then color, is there something they do better the stock? I read on one...
My kid wants some of these colored hoses for his bike. Other then color, is there something they do better the stock? I read on one site they offer greater inner diamiter to allow more water in the lines but, wont the water pump only pump so much water anyway?
then fork out a little extra and buy a really trick looking PC pump too.
lumpy790
Posts
11793
Joined
9/18/2007
Location
York, SC, USA
12/29/2010 7:32am Edited Date/Time 12/29/2010 7:40am
Good morning all........where do I start?



Colored Silicone Radiator hoses vs. Stock Black Radiator hoses.



CV4 - "With a smoother I.D. coolant flow is also increased" SFS Performance in the UK makes the hoses for CV4 and they do not claim this. (SFS in CV4's hose logo)



Nice theory but IMO this is a BS smoke & mirrors sales tactic to add value to their product. It is not the hose that limits the flow its the ID of the metal fittings the hoses slide over that restricts the flow.



There are other benefits to using Silicone radiator hoses:

Withstand much higher internal pressures.

Silicone withstands a much higher temperature than a stock rubber hose. Think bent header melting the hose from the outside.



At Moto Hose We are not afraid of going head to head with our competition. Here in the USA CV4 has the largest market share. If your ever at the track and see the Moto Hose display.....come on over. We will hand you a CV4 hose and the same bike model hose by Moto Hose...... then you can compare your self the difference in quality, materials and workmanship. The products are the same.....we just sell ours for less $$$.



How? Moto Hose is a small Motorcycle radiator hose company. We do not sell other parts like pistons and valves. We are not a NASCAR company with a big expensive warehouse or retail locations and many many employees.



My name is Steve and I am Moto Hose......a 1 man business.....at least for now! Smile We started selling colored carb hose kits in 2001. Since adding Moto Hose Colored Silicone Radiator hose kits 3 years years ago We have grown fast.




lumpy790
Posts
11793
Joined
9/18/2007
Location
York, SC, USA
12/29/2010 7:38am
bullpen58 wrote:
They supposedly allow you to run greater PSI in your cooling system. This only benefits guys (aka factory) that have higher pressure radiator caps, larger radiators...
They supposedly allow you to run greater PSI in your cooling system. This only benefits guys (aka factory) that have higher pressure radiator caps, larger radiators, etc. I've personally never heard of anyone blowing out a stock radiator hose on a late model bike that was well maintained.

The only other possible benefit I can see would be that on certain models (e.g., 2010/2011 YZ450), aftermarket hoses allow you to elminate that Y-fitting thingie and thus, reduce the chances of a hose coming off in a crash.
The YZ450F kit you are thinking of does not eliminate the Y fitting. It replaces the stock steel Y fitting with a aluminum Y fitting.

flarider
Posts
25496
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Daytona Beach, FL, USA
12/29/2010 7:44am
But he is an accomplice of Motoclown

So bear that in mind



lumpy790
Posts
11793
Joined
9/18/2007
Location
York, SC, USA
12/29/2010 8:56am
LOL.....But you sponsor Moto Clown too Dave ??? ......and here come the bears!





Karma
Posts
871
Joined
9/14/2009
Location
CA
12/29/2010 10:09am
Clowns are scary... Sad ...I love jumping big triples, but please make the clown go away.
jndmx
Posts
9699
Joined
1/20/2008
Location
South Kingston, RI, USA
12/29/2010 10:32am Edited Date/Time 12/29/2010 10:32am
I have a few friends that run the MotoHose products and have always been happy with their quality and response time on the orders.

I'd rather buy from a guy that lives and breathes moto than a big company any day.
JoJmoto
Posts
1783
Joined
11/8/2006
Location
Clarkesville, GA, USA
12/29/2010 5:17pm
Steve, will you be at the Circle M Arena race this Saturday in Greenville?

Post a reply to: colored hoses?

The Latest