albee702

Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 12:34am
does albee have anything in the works for 2011? after a year in the gp's i would think he would come back here a lot stronger mentally. he got to experience a lot last year and i would think that would do nothing but help out.

hopefully he can find a spot on good team and do both series. someone get this dude a ride also!!!
|
Dias374
10/28/2010 7:29am
He had a tryout with Motoconcepts this week along with a couple other people, but so far no word on who is going to fill the spot.
Sandberm
10/28/2010 7:30am
Tryout with Motoconcepts coming up
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
10/28/2010 7:47am
Motoconcepts looking for a 3rd rider, or did something fall through with Hahn or Chisholm?
pb465
10/28/2010 7:55am
Sandberm wrote:
Tryout with Motoconcepts coming up
I am pretty sure the tryout with MotoConcepts was earlier this week, and yes, I believe they are looking for a third rider.

The Shop

10/28/2010 8:09am
Patrick, any word yet on the MotoConcepts deal? What are u doing just workin at dads?
DanDunes818
10/28/2010 8:13am Edited Date/Time 10/28/2010 8:31am
What I learned through Albee this year, although i kind on knew it already , is that GP teams are just as loyal and honest as American teams. If I remember correctly Martin Honda signed Albee to a two year deal but after only one season some how fired him. Real world contracts are written in ink but it seams to me that MX contracts are written in chalk. Contracts in mx are very easily changed or just flat out erased. I think it's BS to give a young kid like Albee only one year to adjust to a whole new situation, in a a whole new world and get great results. Despite all of the adversity Albee faced this year with injuries,a new bike, new team, new world, new series , all new competitors, new home and away from all friends and family I thought he did damn good. I thought it was cool when I first heard Martin was giving him two years to shine. I figured first year he would struggle and use it as a learning experience and then really start to shine in year two. But in true MX team loyalty the rug was pulled out after one season.

I'm just curious what Martin Honda expected out of Albee. Did they really expect to take this young kid that barely cracked the top 10 consistently in the states and was battling various injuries to just step into the GP's and battle for wins and podiums? That makes no sense and a team like Martin Honda should know better than that.. In fact before they hired Albee I read a report that said Martin was looking for a young American to hire that they could groom. Is one season their idea of grooming a kid? What's even more weird was Albee actually did better than what Martin did in 09 w/ DeRuever and Stribjos (sp?). Albee 17th in Championship.. De Ruever and Strijbos 19th and 24th in 2009. Granted they battled injuries but so did Albee. M

Martin Honda rant over.

It sounded to me in the Genova podcast that he and DV both were pretty sold on Albee. So hopefully that translates into us seeing him at motoconcepts. Also if Albee doesn't have an agent yet he should hire Matthes. Or at least call Matthes and thank him because Matthes spent a good 5-10 min selling Genova on the Albee signing. FTR I agree with Matthes and think Albee would be a good fit for motoconcepts and for Albee a great stepping stone to get back on track in the states. Wherever Albee ends up I think he'll give the team their monies worth. Albee is a kid that fights for every position and IMO is never intimidated.

Also if MX doesn't work out IMO Albee has a great career in the MX broadcasting field. He , and Paul Malin , made a great broadcast team for the GP's and youthstream obviously took note because they also had Albee doing the Des Nations TV w/ Malin.
Hanaa80
10/28/2010 8:42am
What I learned through Albee this year, although i kind on knew it already , is that GP teams are just as loyal and honest as...
What I learned through Albee this year, although i kind on knew it already , is that GP teams are just as loyal and honest as American teams. If I remember correctly Martin Honda signed Albee to a two year deal but after only one season some how fired him. Real world contracts are written in ink but it seams to me that MX contracts are written in chalk. Contracts in mx are very easily changed or just flat out erased. I think it's BS to give a young kid like Albee only one year to adjust to a whole new situation, in a a whole new world and get great results. Despite all of the adversity Albee faced this year with injuries,a new bike, new team, new world, new series , all new competitors, new home and away from all friends and family I thought he did damn good. I thought it was cool when I first heard Martin was giving him two years to shine. I figured first year he would struggle and use it as a learning experience and then really start to shine in year two. But in true MX team loyalty the rug was pulled out after one season.

I'm just curious what Martin Honda expected out of Albee. Did they really expect to take this young kid that barely cracked the top 10 consistently in the states and was battling various injuries to just step into the GP's and battle for wins and podiums? That makes no sense and a team like Martin Honda should know better than that.. In fact before they hired Albee I read a report that said Martin was looking for a young American to hire that they could groom. Is one season their idea of grooming a kid? What's even more weird was Albee actually did better than what Martin did in 09 w/ DeRuever and Stribjos (sp?). Albee 17th in Championship.. De Ruever and Strijbos 19th and 24th in 2009. Granted they battled injuries but so did Albee. M

Martin Honda rant over.

It sounded to me in the Genova podcast that he and DV both were pretty sold on Albee. So hopefully that translates into us seeing him at motoconcepts. Also if Albee doesn't have an agent yet he should hire Matthes. Or at least call Matthes and thank him because Matthes spent a good 5-10 min selling Genova on the Albee signing. FTR I agree with Matthes and think Albee would be a good fit for motoconcepts and for Albee a great stepping stone to get back on track in the states. Wherever Albee ends up I think he'll give the team their monies worth. Albee is a kid that fights for every position and IMO is never intimidated.

Also if MX doesn't work out IMO Albee has a great career in the MX broadcasting field. He , and Paul Malin , made a great broadcast team for the GP's and youthstream obviously took note because they also had Albee doing the Des Nations TV w/ Malin.
I hope Matthes got Genova convinced. To me it sounded like he had decided to give Friese the last spot.
DanDunes818
10/28/2010 8:56am
Hanna.. I read the same thing into that conversation. I was a little taken back by it as well. Genova must really like Vince as a person or (which is for sure true) he knows something we don't about him.because I just don't see all the potential on the track that Genova talked about. I would think (remember, JMO, and nobody is offering me a team manager position) that Albee would be a no brainer for a 450 ride over Vince . One thing that's for sure is Vince has a lot of heart and maybe he and Genova just clicked. All I saw out of Vince this year though was some good starts and then watched him take out riders as he faded backwards. FTR I don't know Vince personally , have never seen him ride a 450, and barely got to see him race much this year because he seldom got camera time but I have heard numerous racers saying he's by far the dirtiest rider in the pits.
jo2910
10/28/2010 9:01am
I think the thing for Honda Martin is that last year they didn't get a Honda budget til very late and didn't have much $$ which is why in my view they went for Albee pretty cheap and hope for some decent results and exposure I think he did more or less what they expected.

This year they seem to have more money since they were the heavy favourites to land Townley before Mitch commited to have a 450F rider. If you had the money I think you'd go after Townley and not Albee. Not sure who's going to ride for Martin now though...

Also i was really surprised in his podcast that he said he was really homesick, couldn't get motivated and went through a big dip morally quite early on. To me it sounded like he did the job the rest of the year but the heart wasn't there. Even though at the end of the podcast he said now he would mind going back I think it's too much risk for a Euro team to take him on board now.

That said props to Leib for going back next year and changing country. Read his blog and sounds like a good guy that's really embracing the experience.
DanDunes818
10/28/2010 9:19am
Jo2910..

I don't blame Martin for going after more established racers that can get immediate results for them. Shit, we know that's the name of the game. My issue is why not just sign a guy to a 1 year deal and then resign him for 2 if he does well. Instead of signing him to a 2 year and then ,like always in this sport, act like a contract means nothing and fire him. It's amazing ,how in this sport, teams get away w/that so much. It's a win win for the teams and a fcked spot for the riders. They have a rider sign a two year deal. If he does well they have him under , what they'll say, is a binding and legal contract. If he does bad the contract now doesn't mean shit and they find a loop hole to duck out of it.

At some point there has to be some kind of (I hate to use this scary word) union that protects the riders. The OEM's , promoters , sponsors and teams have all the power in this sport and they all have each others backs it seems. Who has the riders backs in situations like contract breaches and non payment of monies owed. It seems to me at times nobody has the riders backs. Unless that rider is rich and surrounded by lawyers and agents they're stuck having to deal w/the BS by themselves and they just say fck it and move on.
mccread
10/28/2010 10:30am
Dixon Yamaha GP team would be good for Albee
DanDunes818
10/28/2010 10:34am
mccread wrote:
Dixon Yamaha GP team would be good for Albee
Does Dixon even field a rider in MX1? Or are you thinking he should go back down to MX2?
mccread
10/28/2010 10:53am Edited Date/Time 10/28/2010 10:54am
I think they could field an MX1 rider.. not sure if they will..but if they did, with Zach already there, being based in england, and Jimmy already having a years experiance.. it could be a good fit.
DanDunes818
10/28/2010 11:03am
mccread wrote:
I think they could field an MX1 rider.. not sure if they will..but if they did, with Zach already there, being based in england, and Jimmy...
I think they could field an MX1 rider.. not sure if they will..but if they did, with Zach already there, being based in england, and Jimmy already having a years experiance.. it could be a good fit.
I agree with that. It also seemed like , from interviews I saw and read, that Zach and Jimmy had become pretty close over there. Also , on a more selfish note, I'd like Albee to stay over there so I have a decent American to root for in MX1.
Alex
10/28/2010 11:53am Edited Date/Time 10/29/2010 5:47pm
Dixon has Dougan in MX1 GPs for next season so that spots taken. Yknow for all the talk of Martin doing the dirty the major issue here was Albee was homesick. You cant expect a team to field a rider that doesnt even want to be there. I think Albee would be the first to admit that he wasnt living up to his own or the teams expectations.
mccread
10/28/2010 12:41pm
jo2910 wrote:
I think the thing for Honda Martin is that last year they didn't get a Honda budget til very late and didn't have much $$ which...
I think the thing for Honda Martin is that last year they didn't get a Honda budget til very late and didn't have much $$ which is why in my view they went for Albee pretty cheap and hope for some decent results and exposure I think he did more or less what they expected.

This year they seem to have more money since they were the heavy favourites to land Townley before Mitch commited to have a 450F rider. If you had the money I think you'd go after Townley and not Albee. Not sure who's going to ride for Martin now though...

Also i was really surprised in his podcast that he said he was really homesick, couldn't get motivated and went through a big dip morally quite early on. To me it sounded like he did the job the rest of the year but the heart wasn't there. Even though at the end of the podcast he said now he would mind going back I think it's too much risk for a Euro team to take him on board now.

That said props to Leib for going back next year and changing country. Read his blog and sounds like a good guy that's really embracing the experience.
Bobreyshev is riding for them I believe. That guy is brilliant.. GP podiums and mayb a win next year is possible
Hanaa80
10/28/2010 12:44pm
mccread wrote:
Bobreyshev is riding for them I believe. That guy is brilliant.. GP podiums and mayb a win next year is possible
Seemed like his fitness was pretty much the only thing that held him back this year.
ST Anmore
10/28/2010 2:54pm
Alberson should have done alot better! He went back to the US because he didn't have much in Europe to stay for...

holeshot100
10/29/2010 9:54am
Tryout for Motoconcepts was not even necessary. Genova already had his mind made up to hire Friese, but allowed Vuillemin to look at Jimmy. Jimmy was within tenths of Chisolm and a couple tenths faster than Hahn after not being on a SX track for over a year and half. Friese was a couple seconds{not tenths} back. Their Yamahas were very good.
I feel for Vuillemin-hired to do a job, but not given the authority to hire the best person for the job.
Hopefully Jimmy will get on a Valli Yamaha, and show Genova to let DV pick the riders for the job he was hired to do.
DL
10/29/2010 9:57am
Tryout for Motoconcepts was not even necessary. Genova already had his mind made up to hire Friese, but allowed Vuillemin to look at Jimmy. Jimmy was...
Tryout for Motoconcepts was not even necessary. Genova already had his mind made up to hire Friese, but allowed Vuillemin to look at Jimmy. Jimmy was within tenths of Chisolm and a couple tenths faster than Hahn after not being on a SX track for over a year and half. Friese was a couple seconds{not tenths} back. Their Yamahas were very good.
I feel for Vuillemin-hired to do a job, but not given the authority to hire the best person for the job.
Hopefully Jimmy will get on a Valli Yamaha, and show Genova to let DV pick the riders for the job he was hired to do.
That sucks for Jimmy..... politics suck. Hope DV gets to do his job!
Gio
10/29/2010 10:32am
What I learned through Albee this year, although i kind on knew it already , is that GP teams are just as loyal and honest as...

Martin Honda rant over.

Martin Honda has a lot of experience with foreign riders (since the 90's they have had Albertson, Demaria, DeReuver, Dymond, Jorgensen, Leuret, Manneh, Mills, Parker, Paulin, Pichon and Strijbos) and they have had their fair shares of success and disappointments. Also, Paolo Martin signed up both Cairoli and Paulin before they became who they are now and helped them winning the European championship, so it is fair to say that he is very knowledgeable when it comes to "reading" the riders: I guess he realized that Albee was not into the GPs, and he was right.

In any case, based on what Albee himself said in the podcast with Matthes, it seems both the rider and the team came to the conclusion that it just was not a good fit. And when that is the case, regardless of what the contract says (btw, who actually knows whether it was a 1 year contract with an option for the 2nd year or a straight 2-year contract?), the parties are better off parting ways.

I like Jimmy because you can tell from his actions (doing the Nationals as a privateer in 08, scrambling to get the ride with Valli in '09 and moving to Europe to race the GPs) that he really likes what he does and I hope we get the chance to see him ready to go at A1.

mccread
10/29/2010 10:43am
Tryout for Motoconcepts was not even necessary. Genova already had his mind made up to hire Friese, but allowed Vuillemin to look at Jimmy. Jimmy was...
DL wrote:
That doesn't sound good... hope he can get a good ride.
DanDunes818
10/29/2010 10:50am Edited Date/Time 10/29/2010 10:57am
DL wrote:
mccread wrote:
That doesn't sound good... hope he can get a good ride.
Yeah I just saw this tweet from Albee.

@Albee702
I love tryouts when the faster rider doesn't get the job... Don't waste my time!

Matthes replied to Albees tweet with.
From pulpmx

@Albee702 Hrd that yesterday, as u know speed doesn't mean everything in this sport. Hey, it could be nascar or indycar I was pushing for u!

I'm not sure what Genova sees in Friese that nobody else sees but it was obvious to me in the pulpmx podcast with him that he really thought Friese would shine on the 450. Maybe Genova is just a loyal guy that has really taken a liking to Friese personally and wants to give him a good shot. It's Genovas money so he can spend it on who he wants I guess. Personally I don't see Friese ever being a factor in a 450 main event unless you consider taking someone out a factor.. Heck to be totally honest I'm not sure he'll make many main events.
swizcore
10/29/2010 11:18am
Friese will get exposure for Motoconcepts when he puts a guy or four over the berm.
Matthes
10/29/2010 11:24am
Yeah I just saw this tweet from Albee. @Albee702 I love tryouts when the faster rider doesn't get the job... Don't waste my time! Matthes replied...

@Albee702
I love tryouts when the faster rider doesn't get the job... Don't waste my time!

From pulpmx

@Albee702 Hrd that yesterday, as u know speed doesn't mean everything in this sport. Hey, it could be nascar or indycar I was pushing for u!

I'm not sure what Genova sees in Friese that nobody else sees but it was obvious to me in the pulpmx podcast with him that he really thought Friese would shine on the 450. Maybe Genova is just a loyal guy that has really taken a liking to Friese personally and wants to give him a good shot. It's Genovas money so he can spend it on who he wants I guess. Personally I don't see Friese ever being a factor in a 450 main event unless you consider taking someone out a factor.. Heck to be totally honest I'm not sure he'll make many main events.
I def think Jimmy is the better rider but as you said, it's his team and his money. He can hire who he wants. Who doesn't think I would hire JT, Jason Frenette and Ferry on my team if I was a dude who had enough money to start a team?

Maybe Vince ends up being a bunch better on a 450 than on a 250f? I don't know, it could happen. Loyalty in the sport is also cool to see because there isn't much of it going around.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
10/29/2010 11:47am
Hope he gets a ride. How old is he?
NeWskoolmxer
10/29/2010 11:50am Edited Date/Time 10/29/2010 11:51am
WTF? Did they sign him for the WMX series?

DanDunes818
10/29/2010 11:59am Edited Date/Time 10/29/2010 12:02pm
Yeah I just saw this tweet from Albee. @Albee702 I love tryouts when the faster rider doesn't get the job... Don't waste my time! Matthes replied...

@Albee702

From pulpmx

Matthes wrote:
I def think Jimmy is the better rider but as you said, it's his team and his money. He can hire who he wants. Who doesn't...
I def think Jimmy is the better rider but as you said, it's his team and his money. He can hire who he wants. Who doesn't think I would hire JT, Jason Frenette and Ferry on my team if I was a dude who had enough money to start a team?

Maybe Vince ends up being a bunch better on a 450 than on a 250f? I don't know, it could happen. Loyalty in the sport is also cool to see because there isn't much of it going around.
Matthes I 100% agree w/you and that's why I brought up the level of loyalty Genova is displaying by going out on a limb w/the , for the time being, slower Friese. I can't say that if I had a personal relationship that had developed over time w/ a rider like Friese that I wouldn't do the same thing. Like you said it's refreshing to see.

But at the same time , like Albee said, why even waste Albees time if you're already knowing you're hiring Friese. And if what I heard , that Friese was 2 sec a lap off Albee is true, it quite obvious that Genova had no intentions , other than to humor DV and maybe even Matthes, in hiring anyone other than Friese.

That all being said was it really a waste of time for Albee? I'm sure a few other teams with possible spots open I'm sure heard that Albee was barely off Kyle's time and slightly faster than T. Hahns time and because of that Albee could end up somewhere because of that ,as he put it waste of time , tryout.

I think Albee needs to refrain from bad mouthing Motoconcepts on twitter and think of the tryout in a optimistic view that maybe some other team took notice.
mxwrench66
10/29/2010 4:28pm
Jimmy was just upset because he really felt like the moto concepts would have been a good fit. He really enjoyed the staff and the bike and the fact that DV was the manager. I think jimmy was just frustrated because other teams will see that motoconcepts chose vince over jimmy without knowing what really happened.

Post a reply to: albee702

The Latest