Works Chassis Lab Update (a positive one)

Yeti831
Posts
1348
Joined
1/30/2020
Location
USA
Edited Date/Time 9/12/2021 2:52pm
So in another thread that got sent to the Dumbgion like the others, ML reported he was stepping down from WCL and gave us an email scot@workschassislab.com

I contacted him about the credit card dispute I opened. After I sent him a screenshot, he reported back that he’d get it handled and even offered to send a free set to try.

He responded in less than 24 hours and was pretty responsive after.

Anyone having issues with undelivered/unrefunded orders, I’d highly encourage you shoot him an email showing proof of payment with a date and anything you have regarding the order.

Seems like Scot is stepping up and getting this handled 🤘
7
5
|
yak651
Posts
9059
Joined
8/26/2006
Location
Appleton, WI, USA
Fantasy
8/30/2021 7:13am
Funny you have to put "positive" in the title to keep it from moving to the dumbgeon...
23
2
Yeti831
Posts
1348
Joined
1/30/2020
Location
USA
8/30/2021 7:35am Edited Date/Time 8/30/2021 8:44am
yak651 wrote:
Funny you have to put "positive" in the title to keep it from moving to the dumbgeon...
Well people need to know about this and they keep getting clipped.

I think GuyB didn’t like ML getting bashed and seeing as how he appears to be on the way out, maybe we can take the focus away from him and on the company instead.

The guy in the above email is giving better communication than in the history of the company and is getting things worked out. He’s inherited quite a mess so let’s see how things are moving forward.
2
5
MX Culture
Posts
3282
Joined
6/19/2009
Location
Lake Geneva, WI, USA
8/30/2021 7:42am
Yeti831 wrote:
Well people need to know about this and they keep getting clipped. I think GuyB didn’t like ML getting bashed and seeing as how he appears...
Well people need to know about this and they keep getting clipped.

I think GuyB didn’t like ML getting bashed and seeing as how he appears to be on the way out, maybe we can take the focus away from him and on the company instead.

The guy in the above email is giving better communication than in the history of the company and is getting things worked out. He’s inherited quite a mess so let’s see how things are moving forward.
When one door closes, another one opens...
1
Yeti831
Posts
1348
Joined
1/30/2020
Location
USA
8/30/2021 8:16am
Yeti831 wrote:
Well people need to know about this and they keep getting clipped. I think GuyB didn’t like ML getting bashed and seeing as how he appears...
Well people need to know about this and they keep getting clipped.

I think GuyB didn’t like ML getting bashed and seeing as how he appears to be on the way out, maybe we can take the focus away from him and on the company instead.

The guy in the above email is giving better communication than in the history of the company and is getting things worked out. He’s inherited quite a mess so let’s see how things are moving forward.
MX Culture wrote:
When one door closes, another one opens...
Agreed.

This seemed to be more of a personnel issue rather than a company issue.

Scot is stepping up and is giving timely responses. I think we should give him a chance to make this right.
2
4

The Shop

PNWRider
Posts
474
Joined
1/31/2021
Location
Stanwood, WA, USA
8/30/2021 8:17am Edited Date/Time 8/30/2021 8:17am
yak651 wrote:
Funny you have to put "positive" in the title to keep it from moving to the dumbgeon...
Yeti831 wrote:
Well people need to know about this and they keep getting clipped. I think GuyB didn’t like ML getting bashed and seeing as how he appears...
Well people need to know about this and they keep getting clipped.

I think GuyB didn’t like ML getting bashed and seeing as how he appears to be on the way out, maybe we can take the focus away from him and on the company instead.

The guy in the above email is giving better communication than in the history of the company and is getting things worked out. He’s inherited quite a mess so let’s see how things are moving forward.
Agreed except the “bashed” part, IMO. To me, “bashed” implies a whole bunch of people piling on the business based upon rumor and/or one side of the story. You see this a lot on the internet, unfortunately. One asshole customer who was completely unreasonable (in fact) relates a story just shy of them having a halo and some evil business doing them dirty.

It’s much different when numerous customers relate a story of payment made with nothing received and no communication, followed by the company or its rep offering half-baked excuses repeatedly.

ML might be a great guy. Might be too busy. Might have all manner of legitimate reasons why he’s unable to focus. Tough shit. If I’m a customer who paid good money for a part I never received and can’t get a refund or even an answer, none of that matters. When a business is formed and starts taking money, it’s a promise made to customers. That promise was obviously broken, repeatedly.
19
Yeti831
Posts
1348
Joined
1/30/2020
Location
USA
8/30/2021 8:23am Edited Date/Time 8/30/2021 8:44am
yak651 wrote:
Funny you have to put "positive" in the title to keep it from moving to the dumbgeon...
Yeti831 wrote:
Well people need to know about this and they keep getting clipped. I think GuyB didn’t like ML getting bashed and seeing as how he appears...
Well people need to know about this and they keep getting clipped.

I think GuyB didn’t like ML getting bashed and seeing as how he appears to be on the way out, maybe we can take the focus away from him and on the company instead.

The guy in the above email is giving better communication than in the history of the company and is getting things worked out. He’s inherited quite a mess so let’s see how things are moving forward.
PNWRider wrote:
Agreed except the “bashed” part, IMO. To me, “bashed” implies a whole bunch of people piling on the business based upon rumor and/or one side of...
Agreed except the “bashed” part, IMO. To me, “bashed” implies a whole bunch of people piling on the business based upon rumor and/or one side of the story. You see this a lot on the internet, unfortunately. One asshole customer who was completely unreasonable (in fact) relates a story just shy of them having a halo and some evil business doing them dirty.

It’s much different when numerous customers relate a story of payment made with nothing received and no communication, followed by the company or its rep offering half-baked excuses repeatedly.

ML might be a great guy. Might be too busy. Might have all manner of legitimate reasons why he’s unable to focus. Tough shit. If I’m a customer who paid good money for a part I never received and can’t get a refund or even an answer, none of that matters. When a business is formed and starts taking money, it’s a promise made to customers. That promise was obviously broken, repeatedly.
I’m right there with you. That was an assumption on my part. I can’t speak on GuyB’s behaviors. It was speculation that it was down because of the bad mouthing. Only he can tell us why as other Admins appeared to not have been the reason and supported having this in Moto.

I lost money on this too. Let’s give Scot a shot to sort this out.

@GuyB - look, if you don’t like what someone says can you please just nix their comment instead of moving the whole thread? This is a legitimate issue with a company that needs to be sorted and appears to be going in a good direction.

Moving a thread won’t do the company or it’s customers any good if it gets hidden away.
7
1
PNWRider
Posts
474
Joined
1/31/2021
Location
Stanwood, WA, USA
8/30/2021 8:31am
Yeti831 wrote:
Well people need to know about this and they keep getting clipped. I think GuyB didn’t like ML getting bashed and seeing as how he appears...
Well people need to know about this and they keep getting clipped.

I think GuyB didn’t like ML getting bashed and seeing as how he appears to be on the way out, maybe we can take the focus away from him and on the company instead.

The guy in the above email is giving better communication than in the history of the company and is getting things worked out. He’s inherited quite a mess so let’s see how things are moving forward.
PNWRider wrote:
Agreed except the “bashed” part, IMO. To me, “bashed” implies a whole bunch of people piling on the business based upon rumor and/or one side of...
Agreed except the “bashed” part, IMO. To me, “bashed” implies a whole bunch of people piling on the business based upon rumor and/or one side of the story. You see this a lot on the internet, unfortunately. One asshole customer who was completely unreasonable (in fact) relates a story just shy of them having a halo and some evil business doing them dirty.

It’s much different when numerous customers relate a story of payment made with nothing received and no communication, followed by the company or its rep offering half-baked excuses repeatedly.

ML might be a great guy. Might be too busy. Might have all manner of legitimate reasons why he’s unable to focus. Tough shit. If I’m a customer who paid good money for a part I never received and can’t get a refund or even an answer, none of that matters. When a business is formed and starts taking money, it’s a promise made to customers. That promise was obviously broken, repeatedly.
Yeti831 wrote:
I’m right there with you. That was an assumption on my part. I can’t speak on GuyB’s behaviors. It was speculation that it was down because...
I’m right there with you. That was an assumption on my part. I can’t speak on GuyB’s behaviors. It was speculation that it was down because of the bad mouthing. Only he can tell us why as other Admins appeared to not have been the reason and supported having this in Moto.

I lost money on this too. Let’s give Scot a shot to sort this out.

@GuyB - look, if you don’t like what someone says can you please just nix their comment instead of moving the whole thread? This is a legitimate issue with a company that needs to be sorted and appears to be going in a good direction.

Moving a thread won’t do the company or it’s customers any good if it gets hidden away.
Agreed and I forgot to put that in. Regardless of past issues, the new owner deserves a fair shake in righting the ship. If he is doing a good job thus far (sounds like he is), then kudos to him for taking it on, as that’s no easy task.
8
dkurtd
Posts
1144
Joined
4/15/2018
Location
USA
8/30/2021 8:48am
How do we know Scot is the new owner? Just because ML says so? He has already proved that his reputation of telling the truth isn't so good. I do hope all the people that are out money either get their product or money back.

I personally wouldn't order from a company that has had so many complaints, especially based off the one person who was responsible for all the complaints saying things have changed. It would be like sending my motor to Terry Varner because Terry said he could get it done in a week provided I paid up front. Sorry, a tiger doesn't change his stripes.

Let's see how long this thread stays in Moto.
11
1
Yeti831
Posts
1348
Joined
1/30/2020
Location
USA
8/30/2021 9:37am Edited Date/Time 8/30/2021 9:38am
dkurtd wrote:
How do we know Scot is the new owner? Just because ML says so? He has already proved that his reputation of telling the truth isn't...
How do we know Scot is the new owner? Just because ML says so? He has already proved that his reputation of telling the truth isn't so good. I do hope all the people that are out money either get their product or money back.

I personally wouldn't order from a company that has had so many complaints, especially based off the one person who was responsible for all the complaints saying things have changed. It would be like sending my motor to Terry Varner because Terry said he could get it done in a week provided I paid up front. Sorry, a tiger doesn't change his stripes.

Let's see how long this thread stays in Moto.
I don’t.

I just know I’m getting good communication from Scot which was a MAJOR issue with ML on top of everything else. A tiger can’t change it’s stripes but you can change the tiger.

Look, worst case scenario - we’re back at square one and know to avoid them

Best case scenario - the company is back to fulfilling past orders/refunds and is able to take new one.

I wouldn’t have bothered making this if the email wasn’t getting responses. I went from full on ghosted to “I’ll get you a refund and sent you free shit”.

I’m not defending past behavior, I’m saying let’s give this new guy a chance and see what happens.

Like I said, I got screwed out of $320 as well. I have just as much reason to be pissed as everyone else. I’ll report back here what happens.
5
8/30/2021 9:40am
dkurtd wrote:
How do we know Scot is the new owner? Just because ML says so? He has already proved that his reputation of telling the truth isn't...
How do we know Scot is the new owner? Just because ML says so? He has already proved that his reputation of telling the truth isn't so good. I do hope all the people that are out money either get their product or money back.

I personally wouldn't order from a company that has had so many complaints, especially based off the one person who was responsible for all the complaints saying things have changed. It would be like sending my motor to Terry Varner because Terry said he could get it done in a week provided I paid up front. Sorry, a tiger doesn't change his stripes.

Let's see how long this thread stays in Moto.
Unfortunately I was thinking the same thing about this new owner thing; is there really a new owner at all? THAT is how bad this whole debacle has gotten.

The fact ML was on The Weege Show two days after he claimed to be "laid up in a hotel with Covid" is just another thing dragging the ship down.

In this tiny industry, I'd assume someone has to know this Scot dude....
11
1
SilverSpurs
Posts
560
Joined
2/5/2021
Location
Sarasota, FL, USA
8/30/2021 10:09am
Unfortunately I was thinking the same thing about this new owner thing; is there really a new owner at all? THAT is how bad this whole...
Unfortunately I was thinking the same thing about this new owner thing; is there really a new owner at all? THAT is how bad this whole debacle has gotten.

The fact ML was on The Weege Show two days after he claimed to be "laid up in a hotel with Covid" is just another thing dragging the ship down.

In this tiny industry, I'd assume someone has to know this Scot dude....

ML looked a bit like a deer in the headlights when Weigant ambushed him in the truck to talk about Schock,
1
ljb061
Posts
8
Joined
6/29/2020
Location
Mission Viejo, CA, USA
8/30/2021 10:26am
dkurtd wrote:
How do we know Scot is the new owner? Just because ML says so? He has already proved that his reputation of telling the truth isn't...
How do we know Scot is the new owner? Just because ML says so? He has already proved that his reputation of telling the truth isn't so good. I do hope all the people that are out money either get their product or money back.

I personally wouldn't order from a company that has had so many complaints, especially based off the one person who was responsible for all the complaints saying things have changed. It would be like sending my motor to Terry Varner because Terry said he could get it done in a week provided I paid up front. Sorry, a tiger doesn't change his stripes.

Let's see how long this thread stays in Moto.
Yeti831 wrote:
I don’t. I just know I’m getting good communication from Scot which was a MAJOR issue with ML on top of everything else. A tiger can’t...
I don’t.

I just know I’m getting good communication from Scot which was a MAJOR issue with ML on top of everything else. A tiger can’t change it’s stripes but you can change the tiger.

Look, worst case scenario - we’re back at square one and know to avoid them

Best case scenario - the company is back to fulfilling past orders/refunds and is able to take new one.

I wouldn’t have bothered making this if the email wasn’t getting responses. I went from full on ghosted to “I’ll get you a refund and sent you free shit”.

I’m not defending past behavior, I’m saying let’s give this new guy a chance and see what happens.

Like I said, I got screwed out of $320 as well. I have just as much reason to be pissed as everyone else. I’ll report back here what happens.
Scot was a silent partner. More the brains behind the mounts. Anyone see the Team Green guys at Ironman. WCL top and bottoms.
2
2
ML512
Posts
17067
Joined
12/28/2008
Location
Wildomar, CA, USA
Fantasy
8/30/2021 11:16am

ML looked a bit like a deer in the headlights when Weigant ambushed him in the truck to talk about Schock,
I missed the entire race day due to being sick, I just got to the track to ride in the semi back to California when Weege jumped up on the side, definitely caught me off guard.
5
26
SCC
Posts
386
Joined
10/16/2019
Location
Los Angeles, CA, USA
8/30/2021 11:18am
Too little too late. Shit customer service/ communication and delivery is inexcusable forever. Black ball wcl unless your an idiot. They did this to themselves. 18mo credit card disputes w/o product. Yeah no. F wcl.
3
10
SCC
Posts
386
Joined
10/16/2019
Location
Los Angeles, CA, USA
8/30/2021 11:40am

ML looked a bit like a deer in the headlights when Weigant ambushed him in the truck to talk about Schock,
ML512 wrote:
I missed the entire race day due to being sick, I just got to the track to ride in the semi back to California when Weege...
I missed the entire race day due to being sick, I just got to the track to ride in the semi back to California when Weege jumped up on the side, definitely caught me off guard.
Sounds like a personal problem like we all have and we keep it to ourselves. Everyone's sick or injured. Whats the point of your post? Seems like your seeking acceptance/sympathy/empathy.. Be great if life worked that way lol.
14
SilverSpurs
Posts
560
Joined
2/5/2021
Location
Sarasota, FL, USA
8/30/2021 11:41am

ML looked a bit like a deer in the headlights when Weigant ambushed him in the truck to talk about Schock,
ML512 wrote:
I missed the entire race day due to being sick, I just got to the track to ride in the semi back to California when Weege...
I missed the entire race day due to being sick, I just got to the track to ride in the semi back to California when Weege jumped up on the side, definitely caught me off guard.
You handled it.

Your driver said something I didn't quite catch though.
1
Yeti831
Posts
1348
Joined
1/30/2020
Location
USA
8/30/2021 1:12pm Edited Date/Time 8/30/2021 5:27pm
Guys, ffs please keep the off topic Covid crap out of this.

We have a new contact at WCL and a lot of us are actually trying to get this cluster fuck resolved.

Let’s try to keep this on par with results of responses/results from dealing directly with Scot, please and thank you.
6
5
tobz
Posts
3891
Joined
3/5/2007
Location
Adelaide, AU
8/30/2021 2:25pm
“Scot”’s email is worth a shot to those that have already given this idiot their money and have been met with no response and lies. But for anyone else thinking about buying engine mounts, I’d steer clear of the shit show that is WCL.
8
1
Yeti831
Posts
1348
Joined
1/30/2020
Location
USA
8/30/2021 5:28pm
tobz wrote:
“Scot”’s email is worth a shot to those that have already given this idiot their money and have been met with no response and lies. But...
“Scot”’s email is worth a shot to those that have already given this idiot their money and have been met with no response and lies. But for anyone else thinking about buying engine mounts, I’d steer clear of the shit show that is WCL.
I’d second that. Let’s see how the resolution is handled before more orders are placed.
Yeti831
Posts
1348
Joined
1/30/2020
Location
USA
8/31/2021 10:06pm
Well, I said I’d be transparent about how Scot is handling this.

One thing that is already rubbing me wrong is he said he’d issue a refund immediately and still send the mounts, which sounds like one hell of a step up.

But then in another response, he said he couldn’t get my order from “his guy” for the refund, but would send the parts right out.

If he can’t find my order info, then how does he have my address to ship the parts out?

I’m not liking how this is looking but I’m trying to stay positive and see how it develops under his watch.





2
3
Yeti831
Posts
1348
Joined
1/30/2020
Location
USA
8/31/2021 10:15pm
New responses from him right now. Wish I was closer so I could go to his shop and help the guy out but I’m still in full defense mode.

1
3
Yeti831
Posts
1348
Joined
1/30/2020
Location
USA
8/31/2021 10:23pm

3
yz133rider
Posts
5027
Joined
8/1/2013
Location
Avondale, PA, USA
8/31/2021 10:27pm
Just give him an email address to send a PayPal payment to for the refund how difficult is that?
2
Yeti831
Posts
1348
Joined
1/30/2020
Location
USA
8/31/2021 10:33pm
yz133rider wrote:
Just give him an email address to send a PayPal payment to for the refund how difficult is that?
Which would be the one he has now.

I’m going to be patient and give him a fair shot at the refund. It’s cool he’s sending parts, but with me already have the FCP set I don’t need two sets of engine mounts.
5
yz133rider
Posts
5027
Joined
8/1/2013
Location
Avondale, PA, USA
8/31/2021 10:41pm Edited Date/Time 8/31/2021 10:43pm
yz133rider wrote:
Just give him an email address to send a PayPal payment to for the refund how difficult is that?
Yeti831 wrote:
Which would be the one he has now. I’m going to be patient and give him a fair shot at the refund. It’s cool he’s sending...
Which would be the one he has now.

I’m going to be patient and give him a fair shot at the refund. It’s cool he’s sending parts, but with me already have the FCP set I don’t need two sets of engine mounts.
Seems like its still a bit of a mess.

Hope it works out! Did you like the fcp mounts? What bike is it for?
Yeti831
Posts
1348
Joined
1/30/2020
Location
USA
8/31/2021 11:05pm
yz133rider wrote:
Just give him an email address to send a PayPal payment to for the refund how difficult is that?
Yeti831 wrote:
Which would be the one he has now. I’m going to be patient and give him a fair shot at the refund. It’s cool he’s sending...
Which would be the one he has now.

I’m going to be patient and give him a fair shot at the refund. It’s cool he’s sending parts, but with me already have the FCP set I don’t need two sets of engine mounts.
yz133rider wrote:
Seems like its still a bit of a mess.

Hope it works out! Did you like the fcp mounts? What bike is it for?
2021 crf450r

I tried the full set and it was a little better than stock. But the FCP uppers with the stock aluminum lowers are so nice. Really took the spiking you feel from aluminum frames in rough hard pack out of the chassis.



It’s very noticeable IMO, and I’m not exactly the fastest guy on a track.
1
DB97
Posts
1179
Joined
7/28/2016
Location
Orlando, FL, USA
9/1/2021 1:57am
Scot will pull through. Way back he was the one that I dealt with because ML never pulled through. He’s the original owner of Fcp like he said and the real designer of the mounts. He works for Showa as well.
4
3
Chippy
Posts
190
Joined
11/18/2019
Location
Santa Cruz, CA, USA
9/1/2021 6:49am
So FCP is now taking over WCL?

I'd feel uneasy emailing someone about business & purchase matters who's "gunna" respond with words spelled like "wuts" but that's just me.
13
yak651
Posts
9059
Joined
8/26/2006
Location
Appleton, WI, USA
Fantasy
9/1/2021 7:32am
Chippy wrote:
So FCP is now taking over WCL? I'd feel uneasy emailing someone about business & purchase matters who's "gunna" respond with words spelled like "wuts" but...
So FCP is now taking over WCL?

I'd feel uneasy emailing someone about business & purchase matters who's "gunna" respond with words spelled like "wuts" but that's just me.
From what I get from this is Scott was part of FCP and then was pushed out. Started WCL with ML and things got messy and he's now trying to clean up WCL by himself??
Yeti831
Posts
1348
Joined
1/30/2020
Location
USA
9/1/2021 7:39am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2021 10:35am
Chippy wrote:
So FCP is now taking over WCL? I'd feel uneasy emailing someone about business & purchase matters who's "gunna" respond with words spelled like "wuts" but...
So FCP is now taking over WCL?

I'd feel uneasy emailing someone about business & purchase matters who's "gunna" respond with words spelled like "wuts" but that's just me.
yak651 wrote:
From what I get from this is Scott was part of FCP and then was pushed out. Started WCL with ML and things got messy and...
From what I get from this is Scott was part of FCP and then was pushed out. Started WCL with ML and things got messy and he's now trying to clean up WCL by himself??
What I got from his email was a guy working with him branched off and “stole his work” to “take over” FCP, so he continued through WCL.

Post a reply to: Works Chassis Lab Update (a positive one)

The Latest