Work out?

BDOG
Posts
1327
Joined
1/10/2008
Location
Danville, VA, USA
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 11:15am
What are you old men with a hectic work and family schedule doing to get your endurance up on the bike?

Trying to ride one day a week now along with doing a push up workout. I need something I can do quick and be effective.
|
6/2/2008 7:14am
I wake up early and do 30 minutes of pilates or yoga then go on a run. At night when I have time I do plyometrix. All that is fast and you can do it in your house, no weights needed. Its all a good core workout and when you get old, its all about keeping the core strong.
Larry
Posts
5092
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Fayetteville, GA, USA
6/2/2008 7:21am
I swing my golf clubs harder. Also started drinking 16oz beers instead of those lightweight 12 oz'ers.
6/2/2008 7:26am
That is a workout I can admire.
Trinitite
Posts
1253
Joined
12/31/2007
Location
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
6/2/2008 7:28am
I have a spin bike in my living room.

The Shop

Racer92
Posts
17965
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Central, TX, USA
6/2/2008 7:29am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:09pm
More time on the eliptical. Easier on my knees than running outside and get similar cardio benefit. Watched that Stone Henge show while plodding along on the machine last night.

Got this one here, really good machine for the money and doesnt take up much room:



http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=content&target=products/fitness/c…
ThePipe
Posts
1834
Joined
8/2/2006
Location
Hell WI pop 1, WI, USA
6/2/2008 7:41am
I ride next to my house every day
nc_mx_kid
Posts
1485
Joined
3/6/2007
Location
Team Charlotte Motorsports, NC, USA
6/2/2008 7:55am
I hit the gym up a few times a week to keep my strength up.

MAINLY just Road and mt. bike during the week.

Try to ride mx atleast once a week

RACE on sunday.
Friday
Posts
2773
Joined
9/10/2007
Location
Playa Del Rey, CA, USA
6/2/2008 8:01am
I date 3 girls ranging in age from 20 -37.Smile
Slow ~ Pro
Posts
3834
Joined
3/27/2008
Location
Capistrano Beach, CA, USA
6/2/2008 8:12am
Friday wrote:
I date 3 girls ranging in age from 20 -37.Smile
Yeah...your tongue is nine inches long too !

Work out ?
I just show up and race...my results show my work/race ethic.
BDOG
Posts
1327
Joined
1/10/2008
Location
Danville, VA, USA
6/2/2008 8:13am
Friday wrote:
I date 3 girls ranging in age from 20 -37.Smile
At first I like the sound of that one until I realized how much work that would truly be!
Slow ~ Pro
Posts
3834
Joined
3/27/2008
Location
Capistrano Beach, CA, USA
6/2/2008 8:16am Edited Date/Time 6/2/2008 8:19am
Friday wrote:
I date 3 girls ranging in age from 20 -37.Smile
BDOG wrote:
At first I like the sound of that one until I realized how much work that would truly be!
If anyone can pull it off, it's Bryan Friday...I believe him.

But "The Pipe" has the coolest plan ! But for that kind of property in my area, I would need an extra 10 million dollars
Yamaha336
Posts
1219
Joined
5/2/2008
Location
Woodstock, IL, USA
6/2/2008 8:23am
I ride every other day and I work out every day. I bicycle, run, and swim for cardio and lift weights 3 times a week. I do all of this starting at 530AM. I ride in the evenings.
Dean
Posts
6089
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Goldsboro, NC, USA
6/2/2008 9:18am
Larry wrote:
I swing my golf clubs harder. Also started drinking 16oz beers instead of those lightweight 12 oz'ers.
hey - you stole my routine
Salsa811
Posts
34
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Reno, NV, USA
6/2/2008 9:38am
Check out www.crossfit.com. Short, high intensity workouts that are 20-30 minutes. Like doing a long moto on a rough sand track. 3 days on, 1 day off. These workouts focus on functional strength and are posted on the website daily. They give examples of the different exercises and it 's free.
txmxer
Posts
9770
Joined
8/21/2006
Location
Weatherford, TX, USA
6/2/2008 9:55am
Friday wrote:
I date 3 girls ranging in age from 20 -37.Smile
Bryan always does like to push his limits...
mxmiken
Posts
233
Joined
4/23/2008
Location
Fallbrook, CA, USA
6/2/2008 10:01am
Friday wrote:
I date 3 girls ranging in age from 20 -37.Smile
BDOG wrote:
At first I like the sound of that one until I realized how much work that would truly be!
HES TOO CONSERVATIVE FOR THAT..HES GETTING OLD .. HAR!!!
WhKnuckle
Posts
7327
Joined
7/17/2007
Location
USA
6/2/2008 10:21am
The best moto workout (in my opinion) is running 3 - 5 miles and then doing circuit training, 2 or 3 circuits with 5 or 6 stations each (push ups, sit ups, bent rows, shoulder presses, curls and wrist curls). No rest between stations, about 2 minutes between circuits. Motocross isn't aerobic and it isn't anaerobic, you have to train your body to cycle between those states. Total time = 45 minutes to one hour.
Racer92
Posts
17965
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Central, TX, USA
6/2/2008 10:46am
Total time = 45 minutes to one hour.

Every day?
6/2/2008 10:55am
UpTiTe wrote:
I wake up early and do 30 minutes of pilates or yoga then go on a run. At night when I have time I do plyometrix...
I wake up early and do 30 minutes of pilates or yoga then go on a run. At night when I have time I do plyometrix. All that is fast and you can do it in your house, no weights needed. Its all a good core workout and when you get old, its all about keeping the core strong.
That explains it then...I'm rotten to the core. Silly
yzvet426
Posts
864
Joined
5/12/2008
Location
Lake Zurich, IL, USA
6/2/2008 11:00am Edited Date/Time 6/2/2008 11:00am
yzvet426
Posts
864
Joined
5/12/2008
Location
Lake Zurich, IL, USA
6/2/2008 11:01am
ThePipe wrote:
I ride next to my house every day [img]http://www.onthepiperacing.com/uploads/gallery/album33/100_1795.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.onthepiperacing.com/uploads/gallery/album33/100_1794.jpg[/img]
I ride next to my house every day
you dick Smile

croom mx
Posts
1964
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
miami, FL, USA
6/2/2008 12:03pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
The best moto workout (in my opinion) is running 3 - 5 miles and then doing circuit training, 2 or 3 circuits with 5 or 6...
The best moto workout (in my opinion) is running 3 - 5 miles and then doing circuit training, 2 or 3 circuits with 5 or 6 stations each (push ups, sit ups, bent rows, shoulder presses, curls and wrist curls). No rest between stations, about 2 minutes between circuits. Motocross isn't aerobic and it isn't anaerobic, you have to train your body to cycle between those states. Total time = 45 minutes to one hour.
You should try bicycle riding about 20 miles at high speed it works the same muscles as mx. I lift alot of weights also. If you run alot your knees will start to have problems, It might take a few years but with riding and running its really hard on the knee.
jtomasik
Posts
12895
Joined
8/17/2006
Location
Golden, CO, USA
6/2/2008 12:11pm
I gave up the remote and go change channels manually. Yeah, I know that might be a bit too much for some.
Racer92
Posts
17965
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Central, TX, USA
6/2/2008 12:16pm
jtomasik wrote:
I gave up the remote and go change channels manually. Yeah, I know that might be a bit too much for some.
No way,,,, I aint sacrificing that much.

Jtom is core.
ThePipe
Posts
1834
Joined
8/2/2006
Location
Hell WI pop 1, WI, USA
6/2/2008 12:25pm
ThePipe wrote:
I ride next to my house every day [img]http://www.onthepiperacing.com/uploads/gallery/album33/100_1795.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.onthepiperacing.com/uploads/gallery/album33/100_1794.jpg[/img]
I ride next to my house every day
yzvet426 wrote:
you dick Smile

Jeff
You can come ride it when you are in the Wisconsin Dells
I am only 2 1/2 hrs North
Moto East Mag
Posts
3462
Joined
9/4/2006
Location
Arlington, VA, USA
6/2/2008 12:44pm
UpTiTe wrote:
I wake up early and do 30 minutes of pilates or yoga then go on a run. At night when I have time I do plyometrix...
I wake up early and do 30 minutes of pilates or yoga then go on a run. At night when I have time I do plyometrix. All that is fast and you can do it in your house, no weights needed. Its all a good core workout and when you get old, its all about keeping the core strong.
I never hear about moto guys doing yoga. I've been doing it with my gf.
Standing on one leg, with your other foot in your crotch, tilting your head back with your arms above your head pointing behind you is-- really hard.
Also a great light burn on the muscles that will improve your balance and mental focus.
OldTiddler
Posts
630
Joined
4/16/2007
Location
Longwood, FL, USA
6/2/2008 12:53pm
Endurance used to be a big problem for me, now not at all...

3 days a week:

20 minutes stationary bike, heart rate @ 160
15 minutes elliptical trainer, heart rate @ 170
15 minutes light weight training-tripceps, biceps, forearm, calf raise, neck, shoulders, back

ride once a week 4 x 15 min. motos

Eat right and hydrate, less problem to move around lighter body
WhKnuckle
Posts
7327
Joined
7/17/2007
Location
USA
6/2/2008 3:41pm
Racer92 wrote:
Total time = 45 minutes to one hour.

Every day?
Well, every day when I was 20 years old - which was 33 years ago...If I can get 3 or 4 workouts a week in, I'm doing good. Some weeks are less than that - and some are WAY less...LOL.
KAWboy14
Posts
6502
Joined
12/31/2007
Location
Austin, TX, USA
6/2/2008 6:24pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:10pm
cheapest best thing you can get to work out and improve your balance is one of the mini trampolines....cost maybe $30

jeff ward swore by it back in the day and i ahve been doin it ever since!
KAWboy14
Posts
6502
Joined
12/31/2007
Location
Austin, TX, USA
6/2/2008 6:24pm

Post a reply to: Work out?

The Latest