Who makes more bonus $ this season?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/27/2018 3:40 AM

Tomac with more main/heat wins, or Anderson with a fraction of the wins and the championship?

|

2/27/2018 3:49 AM

Win/podium bonuses + Championship pays really well.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

2/27/2018 4:17 AM

150-200k per main or 1.5 mill for a championship with added 1.5 to following years salary. That’s what these men are racing for today. Might I add that’s more then felds entire night purse divided between 80 riders and well well beyond the overall bonus of the top 20 at the end of the season, just to 1 rider.

|

2/27/2018 4:21 AM

Id say tomac earns more. Hes wiping the field this season.

|

2/27/2018 6:55 AM

Jeff alessi wrote:

150-200k per main or 1.5 mill for a championship with added 1.5 to following years salary. That’s what these men are racing ...more

That money is coming from sponsors, so why compare it to what Feld pays?

|

2/27/2018 6:58 AM

kb228 wrote:

Oh really?Photo

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

2/27/2018 7:01 AM

kb228 wrote:

BobPA wrote:

Oh really?Photo

Must be a fan of dickhead Anderson.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

2/27/2018 7:04 AM

kb228 wrote:

BobPA wrote:

Oh really?Photo

You clearly knew what he meant, meaning wins. Why play dense? Or are you not playing?

|

2/27/2018 7:18 AM

Jeff alessi wrote:

150-200k per main or 1.5 mill for a championship with added 1.5 to following years salary. That’s what these men are racing ...more

Believe me when I say the purse isn’t enough. But when riders are getting these kind of bonuses maybe Feld does not feel the need to increase the purse. And please don’t take offense Jeff, but the fans are filling the stadiums to see the Tomacs, Roczens, Musquin etc.

I don’t ever see Feld putting up a large purse for all of the riders in the night show when it’s the top 10-15 that is bringing in the $$$

I’m thinking if Anderson wins the title (the way the riders are dropping every week nothing’s guaranteed) he would surpass Eli in $$$

|

2/27/2018 7:19 AM

Jeff alessi wrote:

It's called "winning" for a reason.

|

2/27/2018 7:20 AM

I hope Tomac.

Means the championship is getting tighter.

|

2/27/2018 7:33 AM

Don’t forget Tomac is banking million$ in his yearly salary. My guess is he would like to have the trophy’s and championship trophy for his trophy room

|

2/27/2018 7:34 AM

kb228 wrote:

BobPA wrote:

Oh really?Photo

Racer111 wrote:

Fan of both, just stating the facts. Which, apparently, brings a lot of flack from children who cannot handle a differing opinion...

|

2/27/2018 7:51 AM

Jeff alessi wrote:

BS on the added 1.5 to next year's salary.

|

2/27/2018 8:07 AM

BobPA wrote:

Oh really?Photo

Racer111 wrote:

BobPA wrote:

Fan of both, just stating the facts. Which, apparently, brings a lot of flack from children who cannot handle a differing ...more

To be honest, I have been around the sport since 1980. Since about 2014 I’ve enjoyed watching the Lites class racing more. I don’t know why. We have always had “The Guy”! We had Hannah, Johnson, Bale, Stanton, MC, RC, CR JS7 and RV Since JS7’s departure and RV’s retirement, we don’t have “The Guy” anymore.

From basically 1990-2014 there were 2-3 guys that were going to be up front EVERY weekend no matter what. Didn’t matter what the track was like. They were always there. We don’t have that in the premiere class anymore. Sure, when Tomac doesn’t go down, he’s there, but how many years in are with him in the big bike class and 0 championships in SX. There has been zero consistency with the cream of the crop. Dungey was the last one. The flamboyance and stuff isn’t there either. The racing and personalities are just dry nowadays.

I’m definitely looking forward to AC and Justin Hill move up. AC will be great for the class. The kid has all of it. Super talented and funny. Our sport needs that as much as it needs anything to else.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

2/27/2018 8:19 AM

Racer111 wrote:

To be honest, I have been around the sport since 1980. Since about 2014 I’ve enjoyed watching the Lites class racing more. I ...more

Anderson is a character. And is always charging to the front. Then, he is labeled as a “dickhead” because he rides aggressive.

You guys jerk off for Hannah, but cannot stand a bit of bar banging...strange crowd.

|

2/27/2018 8:27 AM

Racer111 wrote:

BobPA wrote:

Fan of both, just stating the facts. Which, apparently, brings a lot of flack from children who cannot handle a differing ...more

Racer111 wrote:

To be honest, I have been around the sport since 1980. Since about 2014 I’ve enjoyed watching the Lites class racing more. I ...more

Pretty sure Dungeys run made him ‘the guy’

|

2/27/2018 8:28 AM

Anderson the shit. Goes for it everytime he is on the track. Made that sand section look easy with that wheel tap. Him and tomac are really close speed wise. But tomac been nailing the starts this year.

|

2/27/2018 8:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/27/2018 9:39 AM

kb228 wrote:

BobPA wrote:

Oh really?Photo

Racer111 wrote:

Actually, it was just a "Reality Check" that made you look as foolish as the dude that made the 1st stupid comment about WHO is WIPING what.

Here, let me help you...

Anderson: 181
Tomac: 116
(65 points back)

Now, go have a Nice Day.

(Edit: my math is suspect at best)

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

2/27/2018 8:36 AM

What if a privateer like lets say Enticknap wins a main. Does he still get the same win bonus from Honda as would the two factory riders?

|

2/27/2018 8:39 AM

Betuel wrote:

What if a privateer like lets say Enticknap wins a main. Does he still get the same win bonus from Honda as would the two ...more

No

The Factory Riders each have their own contract.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

2/27/2018 8:43 AM

Jeff alessi wrote:

Asimo wrote:

Not bullshit. Say someone has a 3 year contract. Salary 750K. Title bonus $1 Million. If said rider wins the title in year one his salary gets bump up to $1.750 Million for the remainder of his contract. If he wins the title again in year 2 the salary stays the same and he gets another million dollar bonus.

|

2/27/2018 8:46 AM

Betuel wrote:

What if a privateer like lets say Enticknap wins a main. Does he still get the same win bonus from Honda as would the two ...more

He would get the Honda contingency, if he was signed up for it.

|

2/27/2018 8:46 AM

kb228 wrote:

BobPA wrote:

Oh really?Photo

Currently, I would say kb228 is right. husky isnt paying Jason anything for being a red plate holder, however Tomac is earning much more for his wins.

|

2/27/2018 8:52 AM

BobPA wrote:

Oh really?Photo

Racer111 wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

Actually, it was just a "Reality Check" that made you look as foolish as the dude that made the 1st stupid comment about WHO ...more

Tomac: 165?

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

2/27/2018 8:57 AM

Betuel wrote:

No, he'd get whatever Feld pays for a main event win and whatever Honda pays out in contingency.

|

2/27/2018 9:05 AM

Roostermx58 wrote:

Currently, I would say kb228 is right. husky isnt paying Jason anything for being a red plate holder, however Tomac is earning ...more

They might not be paying Anderson anything extra for being the red plate holder but he gets bonuses for any step of the podium he stands on after the race.

Currently Tomac might be earning more for his wins than Anderson but come the end of the series if Anderson grabs the title he'll earn more than Tomac between his race bonuses and championship bonus.

The question was for the entire season not race wins.

|

2/27/2018 9:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/27/2018 9:24 AM

Jeff alessi wrote:

KennyT wrote:

Believe me when I say the purse isn’t enough. But when riders are getting these kind of bonuses maybe Feld does not feel the ...more

I fill the stand for the first turn......if it turns into ONLY 3 guys racing eachother I won’t go.

Whoever wins the series will be gettin paid. Not the guy that won 9 rounds and DNFs a few here and there.

|

GP740
Since 1987

2/27/2018 9:31 AM

Jeff alessi wrote:

Asimo wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Not bullshit. Say someone has a 3 year contract. Salary 750K. Title bonus $1 Million. If said rider wins the title in year one ...more

Both right and wrong in a way. Asimo is right in the fact that 1.5 across the board is incorrect, that would be very contract specific and there's usually a way to max out a raise in a contract. From a direct source at KTM for instance, it was mentioned that Dungey had maxed out a bonus raise in a sense. So your term is correct Maverick, it usually only adds on once and if you continue to take titles it stays at the same salary.

1.5 mil for a title seems a bit high unless you're adding in personal sponsor bonuses into that amount. Most contracts I've seen list 500k for 250 titles and 1mil for 450 titles...I have seen 750k for a 250 title once, that was J-Law's contract.

Interesting though, is riders don't always have race-to-race bonus contracts. For instance, Carmichael's own admission is he rode for title only bonuses at Suzuki, no race bonuses.

|

2/27/2018 9:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/27/2018 9:37 AM

Tomac has won four races but finished off the podium at all other rounds and outside a bonus pay area...he's been in bonus pay area four times.

Anderson was won three races, finished third in two races, and finished second in one race...he's been in bonus pay area six times.

At this point and based off the average numbers I hear for pay on the podium spots...I'd say Anderson has probably made a little bit more money in terms of race bonus pay than Tomac has this season.

As a note, I did a rough estimate without including heat bonuses as the amounts I've seen for those vary a ton and I've seen deals without them.

|