Which rider is the "next?" Which company will pay the most?

pilotdude
The answers to these questions will be evident shortly.
|
mx313
8/22/2022 12:07am
Jett and Honda?
Or are you eluding to something?
Ryder d and deegan will be good. But calling them the next now will be a guess. They will race 2 seasons then there will be a bidding war if they succeed in that time.
Or they could come into pros and be behind the likes Jo, hunter, j-mart, rj and kitchen for the next 4 years.
To be the "next" they kinda need to win a championship as a teen.
8/22/2022 1:21am
Sexton is the “Next” but one could argue he is “now”
Jett obviously has a bright future, but seems to be missing something the last couple weeks. I don’t think he is just going to jump into the 450’s and dominate right away..
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
8/22/2022 1:57am Edited Date/Time 8/22/2022 1:58am
It will be interesting if Honda find the money to keep sexton and jett
8/22/2022 5:33am
Sexton is the “Next” but one could argue he is “now” Jett obviously has a bright future, but seems to be missing something the last couple...
Jett obviously has a bright future, but seems to be missing something the last couple weeks. I don’t think he is just going to jump into the 450’s and dominate right away..
He definitely didn't look like he was missing anything last weekend. He was buried second moto and came from miles back. Absolutely flying. First moto he took a second and didn't look like he was pushing at all. Just shows how smart he is with his racecraft. RJ is no threat to his title why push to get him?

The Shop

Eagle_70
8/22/2022 5:56am
I'd say that, as of right now, Sexton and Jett are looking like the next 2 'big things' at the 450 level. And, in their case, they'll both be Honda barring something unexpected.

Out of the current crop of 250 guys, the only one other than Jett that I think will get a big factory 450 deal is Shimoda. He's only 20 years old, and if I had to guess, will be in the 250 class 2 more years before moving up to ME Kawasaki.

Outside of them, it's hard to say. The more veteran guys like Cooper, Mosiman, Hampshire, Mcadoo, Forkner, etc. might get factory deals for a year or 2 before going to smaller teams (or they might just do 250 MX only). And then the other young guys just haven't shown enough to have any expectations.

One outlier is Hunter cause he signed a new deal with Honda, but if he can win a SX title next year, then he'll be forced to move up after a title defense.

Luckily for all the guys above, the 450 class is pretty old right now. So, we could see lots of dudes getting bigger deals just to fill in the gaps. However, the only riders I'm banking on right now are Jett, Sexton, and Jo.
183Matt
Fantasy
1637th
8/22/2022 7:18am
Sexton is the “Next” but one could argue he is “now” Jett obviously has a bright future, but seems to be missing something the last couple...
He definitely didn't look like he was missing anything last weekend. He was buried second moto and came from miles back. Absolutely flying. First moto he...
He definitely didn't look like he was missing anything last weekend. He was buried second moto and came from miles back. Absolutely flying. First moto he took a second and didn't look like he was pushing at all. Just shows how smart he is with his racecraft. RJ is no threat to his title why push to get him?
RJ will be a threat next year on the Star bike in both SX and outdoors.
__bgreene
8/22/2022 8:02am
He definitely didn't look like he was missing anything last weekend. He was buried second moto and came from miles back. Absolutely flying. First moto he...
183Matt wrote:
Since when is RJ going to Star?
Payup_199
8/22/2022 8:06am
183Matt wrote:
Pretty sure RJ signed back with Husky a month or 2 ago.
SGoodman
8/22/2022 8:31am
Remember when MC was on Sportscenter all the time and took SX/MX to all new heights? that's because he had not only speed, but something special when on the mic....

I feel like guys like Jett and Danger Boy could do the same thing.... Jett is super fast, but also has vast amounts of charisma... something guys like RC, ET3, and Webb simply don't have..... but MC did!

Danger Boy has the following and of course raw speed... but he doesn't have charisma like Jett... but simply do to the size of his social media, he could change the sport.... or burn it all to the ground.... I mean, look at how the kid has entered the pro ranks... like nobody else we've ever seen....

IMO... if the crazy old school sized checks are gonna get cut, they'll go to Jett and/or Danger Boy....
Mick 22
8/22/2022 8:36am
Eagle_70 wrote:
I'd say that, as of right now, Sexton and Jett are looking like the next 2 'big things' at the 450 level. And, in their case...
I'd say that, as of right now, Sexton and Jett are looking like the next 2 'big things' at the 450 level. And, in their case, they'll both be Honda barring something unexpected.

Out of the current crop of 250 guys, the only one other than Jett that I think will get a big factory 450 deal is Shimoda. He's only 20 years old, and if I had to guess, will be in the 250 class 2 more years before moving up to ME Kawasaki.

Outside of them, it's hard to say. The more veteran guys like Cooper, Mosiman, Hampshire, Mcadoo, Forkner, etc. might get factory deals for a year or 2 before going to smaller teams (or they might just do 250 MX only). And then the other young guys just haven't shown enough to have any expectations.

One outlier is Hunter cause he signed a new deal with Honda, but if he can win a SX title next year, then he'll be forced to move up after a title defense.

Luckily for all the guys above, the 450 class is pretty old right now. So, we could see lots of dudes getting bigger deals just to fill in the gaps. However, the only riders I'm banking on right now are Jett, Sexton, and Jo.
I'd agree, but would add ......... " and Cianciarulo are looking like the next 3 "big things.' "
DonM
8/22/2022 9:21am
183Matt wrote:
I believe you've got Smith and RJ mixed up...
8/23/2022 12:08am
Mick 22 wrote:
I'd agree, but would add ......... " and Cianciarulo are looking like the next 3 "big things.' "
This isn’t a dig at AC, but sometimes I forget all about him, it’s so long since we saw him out there..
Sully
8/23/2022 2:22am
183Matt wrote:
Payup_199 wrote:
I could have sworn I saw something about that too, but there wasn’t a press release on the Husky website about it. Maybe it’s the Mandela Effect.
zehn
8/23/2022 10:41am
SGoodman wrote:
Remember when MC was on Sportscenter all the time and took SX/MX to all new heights? that's because he had not only speed, but something special...
Remember when MC was on Sportscenter all the time and took SX/MX to all new heights? that's because he had not only speed, but something special when on the mic....

I feel like guys like Jett and Danger Boy could do the same thing.... Jett is super fast, but also has vast amounts of charisma... something guys like RC, ET3, and Webb simply don't have..... but MC did!

Danger Boy has the following and of course raw speed... but he doesn't have charisma like Jett... but simply do to the size of his social media, he could change the sport.... or burn it all to the ground.... I mean, look at how the kid has entered the pro ranks... like nobody else we've ever seen....

IMO... if the crazy old school sized checks are gonna get cut, they'll go to Jett and/or Danger Boy....
If you take away his social media channels and his fanboys, Haiden is just another fast amateur, no different from so many others. The rest is fluff
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
8/23/2022 10:48am
Mick 22 wrote:
This isn’t a dig at AC, but sometimes I forget all about him, it’s so long since we saw him out there..
I worry that the factories are forgetting about him, too. He needs to step it up in '23 for sure. I hope he can stay healthy.
mxb2
8/23/2022 10:51am
183Matt wrote:
Payup_199 wrote:
Sully wrote:
I could have sworn I saw something about that too, but there wasn’t a press release on the Husky website about it. Maybe it’s the Mandela...
I could have sworn I saw something about that too, but there wasn’t a press release on the Husky website about it. Maybe it’s the Mandela Effect.
Rj. Has another year at husky,. Jordan smith will be at star
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
8/23/2022 11:19am
Eagle_70 wrote:
I'd say that, as of right now, Sexton and Jett are looking like the next 2 'big things' at the 450 level. And, in their case...

Mick 22 wrote:
Hey, I love AC but that injury bug....

If you said AC would remain injury free from today forward for his career I think he has the talent level to be right where Sexton is now, easy. They seem very similar and have a lot of upside.
LungButter
8/23/2022 11:33am
Is OP talking about Sexton going to KTM in 2024?
arebnac
8/23/2022 11:44am
A '23 450sx grid with Shimoda, the Lawrences, Cooper, RJ and australian Aaron Tanti would be very fun to watch together with eli, kenny, anderson, barcia, dylan, malcolm, sexton, craig, ap, webb, cianci, savatgy, hill, etc... Hey wow. Need more teams....
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
8/23/2022 11:58am Edited Date/Time 8/23/2022 12:00pm
LungButter wrote:
Is OP talking about Sexton going to KTM in 2024?
That's my guess, OP heard the rumor Cooksey is spreading and made this thread.
LungButter
8/23/2022 12:09pm
GrapeApe wrote:
For some reason I feel like "there's some fire to go with this smoke"

First of all, Cooksey gets this shit right 25-35% of the time, so we've got that.

Then...on one of Matthes pods he mentions overhearing Dungey and Sexton talking about the Championship and Dungey giving him advice. He ends by saying "they talked about some other stuff but I probably can't talk about that"

Third, Jett is Honda's golden child obviously (for good reason too) so maybe Sexton doesn't want to deal with that when the time comes and is gonna make a switch to a Team he can be top dog?
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
8/23/2022 12:40pm
GrapeApe wrote:
LungButter wrote:
For some reason I feel like "there's some fire to go with this smoke" First of all, Cooksey gets this shit right 25-35% of the time...
For some reason I feel like "there's some fire to go with this smoke"

First of all, Cooksey gets this shit right 25-35% of the time, so we've got that.

Then...on one of Matthes pods he mentions overhearing Dungey and Sexton talking about the Championship and Dungey giving him advice. He ends by saying "they talked about some other stuff but I probably can't talk about that"

Third, Jett is Honda's golden child obviously (for good reason too) so maybe Sexton doesn't want to deal with that when the time comes and is gonna make a switch to a Team he can be top dog?
Yeah I have no idea if Cooksey is right or not, more commenting on OP acting like he has a great secret he can't share. If I'm not mistaken he has a history of this.
8/23/2022 12:42pm
Drew Adams - mark my words!
Eagle_70
8/23/2022 4:02pm
Eagle_70 wrote:

Mick 22 wrote:
Really wish I could add AC to that group, but with his injury history it's tough to bet on him. He's still got time though, and with his speed anything's possible.

Post a reply to: Which rider is the "next?" Which company will pay the most?

The Latest