What’s up Keith McCarty!!!

Talisker
Hats off to Star Racing. They have done, in a little over a year, what Keith and his Gucci Crew could not pull off in the last 8 seasons. There must have been some serious mismanagement coupled with tons of corporate red tape. He has made some real bone head moves while sitting in the top seat. One is not signing McGrath for one last season. McGrath said in a interview, if he would have had one last year, he would have been Yamaha for life. Not to mention you have the current bike that has been winning shootouts just looking like shit on the track.
Glad to see Yamaha finally turning the 450 program around!!!
Arrivederci Keith!!!!
|
CPR
2/6/2022 12:18am
R.I.P. the McCarty Pig 2020.
Yeti831
2/6/2022 1:07am Edited Date/Time 2/6/2022 11:27am
Talisker wrote:
Hats off to Star Racing. They have done, in a little over a year, what Keith and his Gucci Crew could not pull off in the...
Hats off to Star Racing. They have done, in a little over a year, what Keith and his Gucci Crew could not pull off in the last 8 seasons. There must have been some serious mismanagement coupled with tons of corporate red tape. He has made some real bone head moves while sitting in the top seat. One is not signing McGrath for one last season. McGrath said in a interview, if he would have had one last year, he would have been Yamaha for life. Not to mention you have the current bike that has been winning shootouts just looking like shit on the track.
Arrivederci Keith!!!!
I highly recommend listening to Keith on Whiskey Throttle. It was more corporate Japan than anything.

Mitch, Ping and a few others have touched multiple times on the fact that once the Japanese make up their minds, they do not stray from that decision.

I feel that stubborn business model got Keith most of the grief from the peanut gallery and riders.
Motofinne
2/8/2022 10:55pm
Talisker wrote:
Hats off to Star Racing. They have done, in a little over a year, what Keith and his Gucci Crew could not pull off in the...
Arrivederci Keith!!!!
Yeti831 wrote:
I highly recommend listening to Keith on Whiskey Throttle. It was more corporate Japan than anything. Mitch, Ping and a few others have touched multiple times...
I highly recommend listening to Keith on Whiskey Throttle. It was more corporate Japan than anything.

Mitch, Ping and a few others have touched multiple times on the fact that once the Japanese make up their minds, they do not stray from that decision.

I feel that stubborn business model got Keith most of the grief from the peanut gallery and riders.
That sounds a lot like him trying to clean his hands and blame someone else, i don't buy it.

So Star Racing being privately owned makes them somehow immune to corporate Yamaha? Even if what he says is somewhat true, it's on the leading figures in the factory team that they weren't able to do better with what they had and didn't play the political game with corporate Yamaha well enough.
6555_Katella
2/8/2022 11:11pm
How long are you going to hold a grudge because KM wasn't sucking MC's tit? Riders dont manage teams. Oh, and KM was inducted into the Motorcycle Hall of fame and spent 43 years at Yamaha. Yeah, what a total failure.

The Shop

Sully
2/8/2022 11:17pm
Talisker wrote:
Arrivederci Keith!!!!
Yeti831 wrote:
I highly recommend listening to Keith on Whiskey Throttle. It was more corporate Japan than anything. Mitch, Ping and a few others have touched multiple times...

Motofinne wrote:
That sounds a lot like him trying to clean his hands and blame someone else, i don't buy it. So Star Racing being privately owned makes...
That sounds a lot like him trying to clean his hands and blame someone else, i don't buy it.

So Star Racing being privately owned makes them somehow immune to corporate Yamaha? Even if what he says is somewhat true, it's on the leading figures in the factory team that they weren't able to do better with what they had and didn't play the political game with corporate Yamaha well enough.
"So Star Racing being privately owned makes them somehow immune to corporate Yamaha?"

That seemed to be the case with Chapparel and L&M, so yeah, makes sense that Regan told corporate that it was his way or nothing.
2/8/2022 11:33pm
Yeti831 wrote:

Motofinne wrote:
That sounds a lot like him trying to clean his hands and blame someone else, i don't buy it. So Star Racing being privately owned makes...

Sully wrote:
[i]"So Star Racing being privately owned makes them somehow immune to corporate Yamaha?"[/i] That seemed to be the case with Chapparel and L&M, so yeah, makes...
"So Star Racing being privately owned makes them somehow immune to corporate Yamaha?"

That seemed to be the case with Chapparel and L&M, so yeah, makes sense that Regan told corporate that it was his way or nothing.
Yeah that makes sense.
Yamaha wanted someone to offload it to.
Reagan said “I’ll do it, but I’ll do it my way, just like the 250s”

Yamaha didn’t have many viable options.
fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
2/9/2022 2:04am
How long are you going to hold a grudge because KM wasn't sucking MC's tit? Riders dont manage teams. Oh, and KM was inducted into the...
How long are you going to hold a grudge because KM wasn't sucking MC's tit? Riders dont manage teams. Oh, and KM was inducted into the Motorcycle Hall of fame and spent 43 years at Yamaha. Yeah, what a total failure.
Hi Keith!
Mr. Afterbar
2/9/2022 4:17am
Talisker wrote:
Arrivederci Keith!!!!
Yeti831 wrote:

Motofinne wrote:

Seeing as how Keith was a direct employee of Yamaha running their team, I'd assume that he had to follow Yamaha's orders more than someone who is nothing more than sponsored by Yamaha.
Moto24
2/9/2022 12:07pm
No reason to run the guy down…he did a lot of good at Yamaha for a lot of years. He may have hung on a bit too long, but if you look at his total body of work the guy easily deserves his spot in the HOF.
toroP
2/9/2022 12:23pm
This place does love to find someone to bash
mxtech1
2/9/2022 12:58pm
Yeti831 wrote:

I DID listen to Keith on the Whiskey Throttle show.

Most of his career success was largely in part due to being in the right scenarios at the right time, but not necessarily due to him being a great leader or team manager savant. It was also VERY apparent that he was mostly motivated to climb the Yamaha corporate ladder....which usually means playing the yes-man role. Not being brave enough to ruffle corporate feathers in fear that it could impact his career path was a significant reason why Factory Yamaha was so constrained by the corporate politics. This had a DIRECT link to why things were slow to develop, resulting in Yamaha undoubtedly falling behind some of the competition.

Keith tried to pin most of the team's shortcomings on Yamaha Japan, but when you read between the lines of the interview in what he is saying, it leads to a lot of excuses that are common with poor leadership skills.

I'm not trying to bag on Keith, I think he's an OK dude with a legendary career, but I just don't feel that he was the cat's meow when it came to leading a Factory team.
RMT
2/9/2022 1:21pm
Did you ever consider it was Keith's idea to move the 450's to Star and therefore set up what is happening now?
DGE.532
2/9/2022 2:19pm
Jesus Christ the guy was Team Yamaha since the 70s this is motorcycle racing, not car racing. When they have had top riders, they had success, when they didn't have riders,no success. This is almost as dumb as the people who think our des nations team will b more successful without Decoster
yak651
Fantasy
214th
2/9/2022 2:30pm
Keith and Brian Lunis, a match made in heaven
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
2/9/2022 2:38pm Edited Date/Time 2/9/2022 2:40pm
He had a great run but never adapted to 4 stroke racing, IMO. His program was a shit show and if Regan was given the 4 stroke program from its inception he would have gotten shit done, pushed back on Japan, and developed the bike into a winner a decade earlier.
friday10
2/9/2022 5:55pm
Look at Keith's championships as a mechanic with Tony D and Hannah!
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
2/9/2022 6:38pm
Jim Perry seemed to be the guy ruffling feathers, not Keith. JMHO
dv12.com
Fantasy
134th
2/10/2022 10:21pm
Sully wrote:
[i]"So Star Racing being privately owned makes them somehow immune to corporate Yamaha?"[/i] That seemed to be the case with Chapparel and L&M, so yeah, makes...

2 things…

-Bobby has nothing to do with the actual Factory Yamaha 450 team.

-Keith is to this day the best person I worked for in the industry… By a mile…
jaun
2/11/2022 2:22pm
Sully wrote:

dv12.com wrote:
2 things… -Bobby has nothing to do with the actual Factory Yamaha 450 team. -Keith is to this day the best person I worked for in...
2 things…

-Bobby has nothing to do with the actual Factory Yamaha 450 team.

-Keith is to this day the best person I worked for in the industry… By a mile…
Lol, I love you DV you say it how it is but.....is that because Keith took a chunk of MC's cash and gave it to you so MC left?

Post a reply to: What’s up Keith McCarty!!!

The Latest