Webb Shoulder Injury

Related:
Create New Tag

3/26/2018 6:33 PM

Webb supposedly dislocated his shoulder in practice a couple weeks ago. Racing Indy this weekend only gave him a couple weeks recovery/healing time. Anyone have insight into how he was able to line back up so quickly? Special shoulder brace? I’m sure he is still super sore if he dislocated it. Also a much higher chance of dislocating that soon after the incident. Are guys taking shoulder dislocations less serious nowadays? Marv’s heat race incident earlier this year also comes to mind - he bounced back from a dislocation in a similar timeline as well. As someone who has suffered from chronic dislocations I’m curious to know how they are being treated by our elite riders. I wear the evs shoulder brace, seems to help a bit. But I’ve never been able to bounce back from a shoulder dislocation in less than a month.

|

3/26/2018 6:39 PM

I mean it hurts like hell but I’ve popped one back in and ridden more that day. It’s doable, just probably not a good idea.

|

RPM Performance
CT

3/26/2018 6:45 PM

Doc Metsger

|

3/26/2018 9:15 PM

murph783 wrote:

I mean it hurts like hell but I’ve popped one back in and ridden more that day. It’s doable, just probably not a good idea.

Exactly. My shoulder pops in and out all the time after a wake boarding injury several years ago. Normally happens while sleeping or on the couch putting my arm behind my head laughing it’s sore for a day or two then back to business as usual.

I can ride moto without a problem, but doing a pull up is a no go. I need to get it operated on, but haven’t yet because on a day to day there isn’t pain.

Shoulders are the toughest joint to fix properly and get back close to 100%.

|

3/28/2018 12:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/28/2018 12:02 AM

lumpy790 wrote:

Doc Metsger

I went down and visited his facilities in NC and SC in 2004 to see about training there. He's a cool guy with a ton of knowledge. I know he worked with a ton of pro riders back in the day to help them heal and get them back on the line.

|

3/28/2018 3:37 AM

|