The pass.

Related:
Create New Tag

5/20/2019 4:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/20/2019 4:22 PM

Photo

The Pass. Ricky Carmichael (#4) passes Jeremy McGrath (#1) during Anaheim 3, 2001. Tied in points heading into the race, Carmichael tracked down McGrath & made the pass on the 17th lap , winning the race. McGrath would never win another race & Ricky would dominate the sport for the next 6 years.

Is this a legit picture? I've seen it countless times over my life in different places.... and i know its from anaheim 3, but the TV coverage never showed such a pass... or any bit of carmichael throwing such a dirty whip in McGraths face..... The picture never made sense to me because of the directions they both look like they are going.... the trajectory doesn't look right, so i looked up the race on YouTube and cannot find a clip of what this photo shows.

Can anyone tell me if its a legit picture or if its been edited...

Here's the race on youtube :

And if its in the video, could someone post the time stamp?
|

5/20/2019 4:22 PM

About as legit as this

Photo

|

5/20/2019 4:26 PM

zehn wrote:

About as legit as this

Photo

Jeeeesus Christ, what is the deal with some people?

|

5/20/2019 4:32 PM

That's a pic from opening ceremonies when the top riders use to run a lap of the track. In that pic MC is wearing an old school helmet cam that he wasn't wearing in the main.

|

5/20/2019 4:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/20/2019 4:34 PM

That picture is legit during the opening ceremony, not in the actual race.

oops, just saw your post

|

5/20/2019 6:50 PM

zehn wrote:

About as legit as this

Photo

What does whatever this is have to do with the MC/RC poster?

|

5/20/2019 6:56 PM

Shawn142 wrote:

That's a pic from opening ceremonies when the top riders use to run a lap of the track. In that pic MC is wearing an old ...more

It actually wasn't a helmet cam, but a pyrothechnic thing that was supposed to go off when Jeremy pushed a button, but it didn't and that's when this was taken.

|

5/20/2019 7:13 PM

zehn wrote:

About as legit as this

Photo

Ramrod wrote:

Every time the OP posts anything it should be followed by that screen shot, being an unprovoked dickhead should have consequences.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

5/20/2019 7:13 PM

zehn wrote:

About as legit as this

Photo

Ramrod wrote:

That’s the OP being internet tough guy toward Payton/Forkner.

|

5/20/2019 7:17 PM

zehn wrote:

About as legit as this

Photo

Ramrod wrote:

SEE ARE125 wrote:

That’s the OP being internet tough guy toward Payton/Forkner.

Wow. Sounds like a turd.

|

5/20/2019 7:22 PM

zehn wrote:

About as legit as this

Photo

These are literal fighting words. What a fucking pussy.

|

2001 RM125
2016 RMz450

5/20/2019 7:28 PM

Shawn142 wrote:

That's a pic from opening ceremonies when the top riders use to run a lap of the track. In that pic MC is wearing an old ...more

avidchimp wrote:

It actually wasn't a helmet cam, but a pyrothechnic thing that was supposed to go off when Jeremy pushed a button, but it ...more

What's cool about the shot (besides the obvious) is that the pyro was wired to MC's thumb and finger and he had to touch them together to get it to light... You can see him trying in the pic (his left hand).

|

James

5/20/2019 7:29 PM

Also, OP is a douche and deserves all the shit he gets.

|

James