TSM shopping for a rider for 2014

Edited Date/Time 5/28/2014 2:06pm
We are currently shopping for a top 10-20 rider for '14.
Inquires/Resume's can be sent to charles@twostrokemotocross.com

No need to reply if you didn't score points in '12 or '13.
Must know how and want to ride a 2 stroke.
Thanks!
|
Grizz
8/29/2013 10:41am
When you say, "score points," could you be more specific as to which series? And then you said, "want to ride a 2 stroke," would there be any possibility of riding a 4 stroke and just saying that it's a 2 stroke?

Just kidding, good luck finding some rippers!
500guy
8/29/2013 10:52am
You should edit this to looking for a top 10-20 rider who wants to Submarine his Career racing for Free a bike that is not competitive under the current rules.
8/29/2013 10:56am
No, we're paying. Nobody said free. Not competitive? Marshall pulled off better/the same finishes on the 250SX compared to his 450. Even on practice tracks, better times over the 450. They are very capable in the right hands. Move on.
Grizz
8/29/2013 10:59am
No, we're paying. Nobody said free. Not competitive? Marshall pulled off better/the same finishes on the 250SX compared to his 450. Even on practice tracks, better...
No, we're paying. Nobody said free. Not competitive? Marshall pulled off better/the same finishes on the 250SX compared to his 450. Even on practice tracks, better times over the 450. They are very capable in the right hands. Move on.
Yup, if you find someone that can get ride a two-stroke, well, then they can ride a two-stroke! Unfortunately that's hard to find now.

The Shop

slipdog
8/29/2013 11:03am
No, we're paying. Nobody said free. Not competitive? Marshall pulled off better/the same finishes on the 250SX compared to his 450. Even on practice tracks, better...
You might want to try talking to Austin Howell, I'm sure Team Green could help make the connection.
Shawn142
8/29/2013 11:10am Edited Date/Time 8/29/2013 11:10am
The list of guys who regularly score points that are without a ride is slim pickings. Honestly I think Robby is the best of the rest in under funded riders who can make it happen on a 2-stroke. I don't see anyone else looking at the points list that really fits the bill.

Here's a list of the guys that scored points in at least 1 moto.
Shawn142
8/29/2013 11:11am Edited Date/Time 8/29/2013 11:11am
Sorry about the double post but I uploaded the wrong pic and can't go back to upload the right one.

just James
8/29/2013 11:16am
Anyone who thinks someone like Tomac couldn't be competitive on that bike is just wrong. And yes, I do realize that Tomac is already committed to a team. I was only using him as an example. I would love to see one of the top guys give it a go.
motomike894
8/29/2013 11:18am
Travis Sewell can score points don't think he's ridden a two stroke much but he could be a thought don't know if he'd do it or not
500guy
8/29/2013 11:39am
Look I like 2 strokes yep they are cool but right now they are a disadvantage and with today's competitive nature of the game.

I just don't think you are going to be much more than an expensive side show.

I think Pieck is a great example of a guy wanting results over Money or else he would have rode anything but a Suzuki 450.
8/29/2013 11:44am
500guy wrote:
Look I like 2 strokes yep they are cool but right now they are a disadvantage and with today's competitive nature of the game. I just...
Look I like 2 strokes yep they are cool but right now they are a disadvantage and with today's competitive nature of the game.

I think Pieck is a great example of a guy wanting results over Money or else he would have rode anything but a Suzuki 450.
Thanks for the input, nothing in this post was directed at you. We're offering a well paying job to a willing rider. If that's not you, troll elsewhere.
8/29/2013 11:44am
500guy wrote:
Look I like 2 strokes yep they are cool but right now they are a disadvantage and with today's competitive nature of the game. I just...

you cannot tell me, that poto, dungey, roczen, or any of the other tops guys, wouldn't be in the same position they're in if they rode a 2 stroke, they're going to be fast no matter what they're on. Did you see any of poto's full moto's the past few races? yes he was going fast, but he wasn't utilizing half of the kawi's power.

They're more than competitive than you think. If 250f riders can put faster lap times than 450's then they will be competitive. All it takes is a rider with enough balls and raw speed to hop on a 2 stroke and prove everybody wrong.

Another example, did you see roczen get top 5 in the GP not too long ago on a 125 killing track against 250f's?

TSM is serious business now, and will continue to get bigger. We aren't going away
8/29/2013 11:54am
Do these riders have rides for 14?
Metcalf
Izzy
Warton
Sipes
Weston P
whomever gets that ride if they are of that calibre will bring alot of media attn to the team!
BBBRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPP!
Jt$
8/29/2013 12:03pm
500guy wrote:

twosmoke30 wrote:
you cannot tell me, that poto, dungey, roczen, or any of the other tops guys, wouldn't be in the same position they're in if they rode...
you cannot tell me, that poto, dungey, roczen, or any of the other tops guys, wouldn't be in the same position they're in if they rode a 2 stroke, they're going to be fast no matter what they're on. Did you see any of poto's full moto's the past few races? yes he was going fast, but he wasn't utilizing half of the kawi's power.

They're more than competitive than you think. If 250f riders can put faster lap times than 450's then they will be competitive. All it takes is a rider with enough balls and raw speed to hop on a 2 stroke and prove everybody wrong.

Another example, did you see roczen get top 5 in the GP not too long ago on a 125 killing track against 250f's?

TSM is serious business now, and will continue to get bigger. We aren't going away
Anyone who thinks it isn't a disadvantage is fooling themselves in my opinion. Having said that, I applaud your efforts to make this team work and I wish you guys success.
mxb2
8/29/2013 12:08pm
I think its cool and give credit for the effort, a top 10-15 rider will take a good amount of money , probably more than if they were on a 450. IMO.
8/29/2013 12:12pm
Yes, there may be a slight disadvantage to some riders.
A 125 can compete against 250F's (Ricky Renner last year)
250F's usually run the same(or close) lap times as the 450's. Sometimes even faster.
A 250 2 stroke is very competitive against the 250F's..
We're not looking for anyone in the points chase (Unless they want to do it)

If anything a rider signs with us, makes some money, has some fun, gains tons of fans, tons of media and loses a couple points over not choosing a 450.. maybe.
8/29/2013 12:18pm
mxb2 wrote:
I think its cool and give credit for the effort, a top 10-15 rider will take a good amount of money , probably more than if...
I think its cool and give credit for the effort, a top 10-15 rider will take a good amount of money , probably more than if they were on a 450. IMO.
Thank you, and yes we know. The checkbook is ready.
Radical
Fantasy
2384th
8/29/2013 12:29pm
What about Ivan Tedesco?
fullfloater
Fantasy
13th
8/29/2013 12:31pm
Charles is handling himself really well here. Hoping for good things TSM. Seems like you should also consider rookie AMs with 2-stroke experience and potential. Publicity sure worked for Jerry R.
8/29/2013 12:32pm
Do these riders have rides for 14? Metcalf Izzy Warton Sipes Weston P whomever gets that ride if they are of that calibre will bring alot...
Do these riders have rides for 14?
Metcalf
Izzy
Warton
Sipes
Weston P
whomever gets that ride if they are of that calibre will bring alot of media attn to the team!
BBBRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPP!
Metcalf is a great idea! He loves two strokes and would probably jump at the chance!
AS64
Fantasy
2175th
8/29/2013 12:34pm Edited Date/Time 8/29/2013 12:34pm
twosmoke30 wrote:
you cannot tell me, that poto, dungey, roczen, or any of the other tops guys, wouldn't be in the same position they're in if they rode...

This put a smile on my face. Best of luck to you guys. This is exciting and I hope it all works out!
8/29/2013 12:36pm
Metcalfe is one of our top picks right now, we've been trying to reach him.
DavidR
8/29/2013 12:38pm
500guy wrote:

twosmoke30 wrote:

Poto, Dungey, Roczen would be in the same position if they rode a 2 stroke? Then you give as an example a guy, Roczen, who won races and a GP title on a 250f then he rides a 125 2 stroke against the 250f's and the best he can do is a top 5? Yeah, you're math don't work. Go watch the video of JS on the YZ 250 2 stroke from a few years ago and listen to his comments about the 2 stroke. Something to the effect of arm pump and that if you're on a 450 and get passed by someone on a 2 stroke you should just quit. I'm paraphrasing there but you get my point.
fullfloater
Fantasy
13th
8/29/2013 12:46pm
Metcalfe is one of our top picks right now, we've been trying to reach him.
You'll have to outbid Leading Edge Kawi who will want him back in Canada to run the #1...
Shawn142
8/29/2013 12:47pm Edited Date/Time 8/29/2013 12:48pm
twosmoke30 wrote:

AS64 wrote:
This put a smile on my face. Best of luck to you guys. This is exciting and I hope it all works out!
It always makes me roll my eyes a little to hear someone talk about somehow it takes more balls to ride a 2-stroke, but I get the point. Best of luck really. There have been several 2-strokes really close to a points paying finish over the last couple years, it would be great to see one break through into the top 20 or even top 15. He's right, it's all about the rider. Unfortunately the top 20 is filled with guys who have excellent support.

If I was playing team manager I'd have to take a good look at Michael Leib despite all the drama that surrounded him this year. The dude has raw speed and a knack for racing 2-strokes. He could be a good sleeper with real potential assuming he doesn't have anymore freak accidents.

8/29/2013 12:47pm
Competitive enough to make most riders happy. This was at Muddy Creek, with a poorly built motor dynoed at 44.9HP.

Our current motors are built by PC with more than 7HP over that.
8/29/2013 12:49pm
Shawn142 wrote:
It always makes me roll my eyes a little to hear someone talk about somehow it takes more balls to ride a 2-stroke, but I get...
It always makes me roll my eyes a little to hear someone talk about somehow it takes more balls to ride a 2-stroke, but I get the point. Best of luck really. There have been several 2-strokes really close to a points paying finish over the last couple years, it would be great to see one break through into the top 20 or even top 15. He's right, it's all about the rider. Unfortunately the top 20 is filled with guys who have excellent support.

If I was playing team manager I'd have to take a good look at Michael Leib despite all the drama that surrounded him this year. The dude has raw speed and a knack for racing 2-strokes. He could be a good sleeper with real potential assuming he doesn't have anymore freak accidents.

We are considering all options
8/29/2013 12:51pm Edited Date/Time 8/29/2013 12:54pm
Awesome! might have to get TSM graphics for the bike and maybe a KTM too ha!

The biggest difference between the 250F, 2502t and 450F is the rider, why do you think the best riders get the good money?
Huckster
8/29/2013 12:55pm
Competitive enough to make most riders happy. This was at Muddy Creek, with a poorly built motor dynoed at 44.9HP. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2013/08/29/30218/s1200_Top20Qual450.jpg[/img] Our current motors are built...
Competitive enough to make most riders happy. This was at Muddy Creek, with a poorly built motor dynoed at 44.9HP.

Our current motors are built by PC with more than 7HP over that.
thats ONE lap in practice, correct? Just curious, did you offer this ride to Robby Marshall?

Post a reply to: TSM shopping for a rider for 2014

The Latest