Southwick thread

Tryhard
Edited Date/Time 6/29/2019 5:11am
I really love just about every track on the national list , but southwick is just awesome to me .

I dont have much time to ride , and only have 2 track located near me . And with 2 young children I barely ever have time to ride and when I do injust dont feel like it .

It would be an ultimate dream to ride southwick one day , I admire sand tracks , and always have obsessed over the sand .

What are you guys opinion on southwick ?
What are you projections for rider finishes?
Do you think anyone will shake this title up this weekend ?
|
ElliotB16
6/28/2019 2:34pm
Hannah Hodges making her pro debut this weekend
JonM37
6/28/2019 3:00pm
Pumped for Hannah Hodges. Hoping she makes the fast 40!

The Shop

sandtrack315
6/28/2019 3:31pm
Growing up in California, it was always a dream of mine to ride it too. I live in Philly now and ride there as much as possible. No better feeling than finding the perfect lines and going fast on that track. It takes a mix of strength, hanging it out, and skills. Can’t wait to see the pros do it this weekend.
ledger
6/28/2019 3:50pm
Love Southwick, last year's battle between Marvin and Eli will never be forgotten.
Tryhard
6/28/2019 4:20pm
ledger wrote:
Love Southwick, last year's battle between Marvin and Eli will never be forgotten.
I hope the switch is on for eli , mm25 is a great sand rider and his confidence is up. I want to see a battle. Eli let it all hang out last year. ive never personally witness someone flat track a mx corner that was chopped to shit like he did like his whole body looked like he was just hanging on. It was amazing
aeffertz
6/28/2019 5:38pm
MM was hauling ass but off the rails last year trying to keep up with Tomac. I was bummed to see him go down and out. Had he not have that bad Moto the championship would’ve been even crazier.

Was it last year Tomac was carving out the hillside in one corner which led to one of the tractors to fall through it?
6/28/2019 5:51pm
Growing up in California, it was always a dream of mine to ride it too. I live in Philly now and ride there as much as...
Growing up in California, it was always a dream of mine to ride it too. I live in Philly now and ride there as much as possible. No better feeling than finding the perfect lines and going fast on that track. It takes a mix of strength, hanging it out, and skills. Can’t wait to see the pros do it this weekend.
There is an upcoming round of ACRMX coming up at southwick in a few weeks. They usually have a practice day on friday before the race. I don't see it on the website but they usually have a post on the facebook page.
If you have a vintage bike you can race that and a modern bike. No ama licence needed for this race. Its a fun low key race.

https://www.acrmx.com/2019-schedule
Sonny
6/28/2019 6:53pm
Tryhard wrote:
I really love just about every track on the national list , but southwick is just awesome to me . I dont have much time to...
I really love just about every track on the national list , but southwick is just awesome to me .

I dont have much time to ride , and only have 2 track located near me . And with 2 young children I barely ever have time to ride and when I do injust dont feel like it .

It would be an ultimate dream to ride southwick one day , I admire sand tracks , and always have obsessed over the sand .

What are you guys opinion on southwick ?
What are you projections for rider finishes?
Do you think anyone will shake this title up this weekend ?
Theres an open practice July 13th. Come and ride. I promise you wont forget the experience ever. It's a great summer get away in southern new england
MXerDW
6/28/2019 7:06pm
ElliotB16 wrote:
Hannah Hodges making her pro debut this weekend
Hannah finished 9th place last weekend in the 125 All Stars race at WW Ranch. And the pre-entry list shows her in the 125 All Stars race again.

So is she Racing the 125’s again or trying to qualify for the 250 class like Jordan Jarvis?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/28/2019 7:27pm
MXerDW wrote:
Hannah finished 9th place last weekend in the 125 All Stars race at WW Ranch. And the pre-entry list shows her in the 125 All Stars...
Hannah finished 9th place last weekend in the 125 All Stars race at WW Ranch. And the pre-entry list shows her in the 125 All Stars race again.

So is she Racing the 125’s again or trying to qualify for the 250 class like Jordan Jarvis?
Tryhard
6/28/2019 7:34pm
aeffertz wrote:
MM was hauling ass but off the rails last year trying to keep up with Tomac. I was bummed to see him go down and out...
MM was hauling ass but off the rails last year trying to keep up with Tomac. I was bummed to see him go down and out. Had he not have that bad Moto the championship would’ve been even crazier.

Was it last year Tomac was carving out the hillside in one corner which led to one of the tractors to fall through it?
Yes that was last year , tomac was carving those turns like Kelly Slater...

I do hope we see it again this year .

Post a reply to: Southwick thread

The Latest