Shortages:

Related:
Create New Tag

8/2/2021 7:02 PM

How is it that there are no FMF or Pro Cuit pipes for KXs? And no mx12 from Dunlop?

Where are these shortages coming from?

|

8/2/2021 7:08 PM

The raw materials used to make those things are also used to make other goods that are in high demand.

Demand across multiple industries, without an equal increase in raw material supply and manufacturing output creates shortages.

Couple that with the current transportation bottlenecks and the labor shortages being witnessed in some industries, then you have the global supply chain challenge that we are currently witnessing.

|

8/2/2021 7:09 PM

Go take a look at all the boats anchored off the coast of So Cal. That should clue you in.

|

8/2/2021 7:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/2/2021 7:12 PM

I’m in automotive parts distribution...it has been rough. Even down to pallet deliveries of parts to our warehouses being wrecked due to untrained workers.

|

8/2/2021 7:42 PM

Kawboy14! wrote:

How is it that there are no FMF or Pro Cuit pipes for KXs? And no mx12 from Dunlop?

You been living under a rock for the last year and a half?

|

8/2/2021 7:46 PM

Raw materials, especially titanium and specialty metals have dicked up supply chains mainly coming out of China. The global supply chain is screwed 16 ways from Thursday. We're finally getting to install equipment this week that we ordered last October. It was originally supposed to be installed in January. At least people realize its a global supply chain issue and aren't blaming us.

|

8/2/2021 8:28 PM

There’s been a bit of a steel and PVC pipe shortage. All costs of materials have almost doubled in less than one year.

|

8/3/2021 3:47 AM

The reprocussions of the shutdowns. You think stuff is expensive and hard to get now, wait until the corporate tax rate gets hiked

|

8/3/2021 4:11 AM

Well...a 2x4 around here was 1.88...now...8.88

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

8/3/2021 4:33 AM

Photo
|

8/3/2021 4:34 AM

Kawboy14! wrote:

The government blowing covid way out of proportion.

|

8/3/2021 4:40 AM

Quit paying people to stay home...

|

8/3/2021 5:55 AM

Robbirob25 wrote:

Quit paying people to stay home...

The crazy boosted unemployment checks are over for most I believe. Unemployment rate in UT is 2%. People had the opportunity to find new careers and took advantage. Good for them.

|

8/3/2021 6:08 AM

The world shutdown for a year. We drank the water in the pipes and no new water was added. Its a bad time to build or buy just anout anything.

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

8/3/2021 6:32 AM

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

8/3/2021 6:35 AM

Its because we shut down the world for the sniffles and still havent caught up yet.

Its also because the gov keeps giving unemployment check bonuses when its not needed and nobody wants to go back to work because they make more staying home.

The entire market is in a shortage. Thats why inflation is running thru the roof.

|

8/4/2021 3:02 AM

Well I can purchase any other tire….just not the MX12 and some other pipes are getable.

This has to be killing these guys profits.

|

8/4/2021 3:05 AM

Kawboy14! wrote:

JazzyJJ wrote:

You been living under a rock for the last year and a half?

I have 2 companies so I haven’t been living under a rock. Things have slowed down but most everything is getable. In the mx world some things have not been getable for a year now

|

8/4/2021 3:08 AM

Apparently yoshimura has found some of that unobtainable metals!

Photo

|

8/4/2021 5:39 AM

Mass shortages of kart tyres in the UK too. Big problem across multiple industries.

|

8/4/2021 5:58 AM

Man I can’t wait to try this tire the Pros are running as MX12s

|

8/4/2021 5:59 AM

Photo
|

8/4/2021 6:06 AM

The tire issues have not even begun yet. Flooding and disease wiped out a massive amount of the natural rubber plantations in 2019. Planning ahead for the anticipated shortage, China paid huge premiums to secure themselves all the rubber they could get their hands on and contracts for future production. The United States did nothing and will be screwed big time within the next year.

Similar situation with the chip shortage. China saw it coming and bought them all up, United States did nothing so costs are high for us right now and quantities limited.

But yeah, it's all because Taco Bell workers would rather collect unemployment than shovel taco meat for minimum wage.........

|

8/4/2021 6:39 AM

In adjacent market shortages, a buddy of mine owns a vodka company with distribution all over the US.

He cannot get glass bottles to put his product into...

For those that do not drink vodka, good luck finding your Pellegrino. Even AMazon can fulfil on it.

|

8/4/2021 6:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2021 6:43 AM

More reasons that we need to make EVERYTHING here in the USA.

|

I'm just here to stir sh#t up...

8/4/2021 6:47 AM

Fonzarelli wrote:

The tire issues have not even begun yet. Flooding and disease wiped out a massive amount of the natural rubber plantations in ...more

I wonder how the chinese saw this coming.

|

21 TC125
09 CR500AF
08 Ducati Hypermotard
03 CR125
05 YZ125
95 CR250
83 Husqvarna 125XC

8/4/2021 7:22 AM

Fonzarelli wrote:

The tire issues have not even begun yet. Flooding and disease wiped out a massive amount of the natural rubber plantations in ...more

yota wrote:

Almost like they knew a "pandemic" was about to happen 🤷

|

8/4/2021 7:33 AM

And I'm over here just hoping we don't run out of Chinese food! 😂

|

8/4/2021 7:51 AM

Are you on a 250 or 450?

|

8/4/2021 8:03 AM

Fonzarelli wrote:

yota wrote:

mxracer816 wrote:

Almost like they knew a "pandemic" was about to happen

Actually, it doesn't take a conspiracy. All it takes is not being shortsighted. They bought up as much scrap metal as they could (years and years ago, long before any pandemic). Fast forward to now, more manufacturing in the US is closed down and we are paying more for overseas manufacturing.

|