Riding KTM450 in Mongolia is awesome!

Did the trip a year ago, just got some time to do the edit.

Usually ride mx, but once a year I do a big enduro trip. This year was suppose to be Iceland but since covid and all it got postponed so I was bored and made an edit of last year's trip in Mongolia:

Hope you enjoy, it is really epic, especially riding sand dunes and maxing out those 450 at 170km/h flat out on the endless Mongolian plains
|
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
8/23/2020 9:07pm
Great job on the edit. Looks like a great trip.
I’ve done Costa Rica the last two years and loved it. Mostly technical riding in the jungle and a loop on the beach, it’s a good one.

Hoping to do the New Zealand your with Ben Townley next year
dbx33
8/24/2020 5:39am
so much awesome riding across the ocean
bayodome
Fantasy
4305th
8/24/2020 7:01am
Pretty epic riding locales. Thanks for sharing!
wwdiii
8/24/2020 5:28pm
I bet that was a cool trip. I bet riding on two wheels is a lot better than riding one of those short shaggy little Mongolian horses.

The Shop

8/24/2020 6:17pm
wwdiii wrote:
I bet that was a cool trip. I bet riding on two wheels is a lot better than riding one of those short shaggy little Mongolian...
I bet that was a cool trip. I bet riding on two wheels is a lot better than riding one of those short shaggy little Mongolian horses.
Totally yeah, we saw a few tourists on bicycles, horses and even some in cars and there is no other way to fully enjoy Mongolia than on a dirt bike.

A few funny stories:

We met a French hippie camping near sand dunes coming to complain about the noise we were making saying he was going to call the police if we didn't leave (we didn't, he didn't call the police).
We randomly say him days later when we were riding camels and he was giving us shit for riding camels as it was unethical and other crap haha. Out of 1.5 milions sq.km what are the odds of meeting the same guy twice!

A group of retired people were doing some same bits of the tour as us by car. They would sit 10-12 hours a day in a car with an occasional stop. One time they stopped to admire a wild pack of camels. We noticed them standing with cameras and all until we passed by at 150km/h leaving them in shock. We met them again later at the ger camp and they were jealous of us doing the trip on 2 wheels as they were quite bored sitting in cars all day.

Xeno
8/24/2020 7:01pm
Wow! What an amazing trip. Thanks for posting the video.
navalseabee
8/25/2020 4:03am
Looks so cool, so is it like a tour company or something providing the support?
wwdiii
8/25/2020 5:17am
Did you see any hot Mongolian Women!!!
8/25/2020 6:05pm
wwdiii wrote:
Did you see any hot Mongolian Women!!!
In Ulaanbaatar it's full of very very poshy pretty Mongolian women. They are not very impressed by foreigners though. Some good clubs too. Once out of the capital it's a different world.

8/25/2020 6:07pm
Looks so cool, so is it like a tour company or something providing the support?
Yes, we thought going without a tour, but only tours provide real bikes and we didn't want to be bothered looking for gas in the middle of no where.

There were 2 support vehicles with a doctor, 2 mechanics with spare wheels and parts, and a tour leader. Very well organized. Only downside is that they wouldn't allow us to go crazy and the lead rider wasn't fast enough (maybe for the best haha).

Post a reply to: Riding KTM450 in Mongolia is awesome!

The Latest