Ricky Carmichael illustration

DC41
Posts
88
Joined
9/1/2009
Location
BE
Edited Date/Time 4/17/2014 11:08am
I just finished this RC cartoon illustration, original photo is from 2006.
I'm new to creating illustrations from photo's, only made one for Chad Reed earlier.
Hope you guys like my work Smile





Here's the CR22 one i did.

|
dirtjumpcycle
Posts
222
Joined
7/18/2013
Location
Huntsville, AL, USA
4/16/2014 11:03am
That's pretty cool. Just remember to give shout outs to the original photographer when you put stuff like this on vital. You will get slammed if you don't!
DC41
Posts
88
Joined
9/1/2009
Location
BE
4/16/2014 11:05am
That's pretty cool. Just remember to give shout outs to the original photographer when you put stuff like this on vital. You will get slammed if...
That's pretty cool. Just remember to give shout outs to the original photographer when you put stuff like this on vital. You will get slammed if you don't!
Yes I know, but I don't know who took the photo, I got the photo from Tony Blazier his Flickr page and it doesn't say who the photographer is...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tblazier/6232057708/in/set-72157627617462…
4/16/2014 12:13pm
ever thought about doing those for customers or something like that? things are badass
JW381
Posts
10638
Joined
7/21/2009
Location
Harrisburg, OR, USA
4/16/2014 12:15pm
Nice! Just say I took the photo, I won't tell.

The Shop

4/16/2014 1:07pm
Awesome work man!!!Smile
DC41
Posts
88
Joined
9/1/2009
Location
BE
4/16/2014 1:10pm
ever thought about doing those for customers or something like that? things are badass
Yes, but I don't have enough time to do that, I have a full time job so it's not that easy...

Thanks for the comments!
IceMan446
Posts
4676
Joined
1/10/2010
Location
Sacramento, CA, USA
4/16/2014 2:04pm
ever thought about doing those for customers or something like that? things are badass
DC41 wrote:
Yes, but I don't have enough time to do that, I have a full time job so it's not that easy...

Thanks for the comments!
If you don't mind me asking, how did you do that? Whats the process entail?

Look really good.
jasonv43
Posts
10299
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Thousand Oaks, CA, USA
4/16/2014 2:10pm
I dig it!!!
DC41
Posts
88
Joined
9/1/2009
Location
BE
4/16/2014 11:40pm
IceMan446 wrote:
If you don't mind me asking, how did you do that? Whats the process entail?

Look really good.
Everything is done with Adobe Illustrator Smile
4/17/2014 12:43am
I was thinking it would be cool to have them as line art, so that way kids could color them. I used to have a motocross coloring book back in 1989 and it was awesome.
jamma10
Posts
10573
Joined
8/24/2008
Location
Bristol, GB
4/17/2014 2:16am
They're really nice mate, good Ai skills! Smile
308
Posts
3307
Joined
10/18/2010
Location
Des Moines, IA, USA
4/17/2014 6:02am
Nice lines, man!
Grieby54
Posts
2826
Joined
7/1/2008
Location
Castle Rock, CO, USA
4/17/2014 7:59am
That's pretty cool. Just remember to give shout outs to the original photographer when you put stuff like this on vital. You will get slammed if...
That's pretty cool. Just remember to give shout outs to the original photographer when you put stuff like this on vital. You will get slammed if you don't!
Mmmno. Not really.

Cool stuff, OP.
mx918
Posts
567
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Louisville, KY, USA
4/17/2014 8:20am
That's definitely sick bud! Using Ai a lot myself, I know that took many many hours. Very impressive.
4/17/2014 8:29am
My Avatar was done by hand in PSE 8, on a Wacom Bamboo Fun; Seeing things like this definitely makes me envious of you guys using AI... Maybe a tad jealous too. Laughing Wink Cool
Juss
Posts
1101
Joined
4/14/2011
Location
Bakersfield, CA, USA
4/17/2014 9:20am
Wow awsome
TRON
Posts
336
Joined
12/13/2013
Location
BFE, FM, USA
4/17/2014 9:30am
RC looks good.


CR kinda looks like the motosport catalog covers. I like it.
Miscreant317
Posts
45
Joined
11/22/2011
Location
Hedgesville, WV, USA
4/17/2014 11:08am
ever thought about doing those for customers or something like that? things are badass
Seconded. I wouldn't mind having one done for each of my kids.

Post a reply to: Ricky Carmichael illustration

The Latest