Red Bud Report (why no Des Nations?!)

zookie
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:41am
Amazing time.

Amazing facility, well run, well organized, great fans, great attendance, great racing, etc. Every race should be run like this one is.

The track blew my mind. It was amazing, tons of lines, made for some great racing, dirt somehow doesn't dry out and is super soft. The owners of this facility really know how to impress! I have ridden there on open ride days, and it is just as nice then too. Doesn't get quite as rough however!

The only thing that stinks is the viewing. No good place to see a majority of the track because it is built on many hills.

Someone tell me why we haven't had a Des Nations here and are having one in Denver?!?!?!?!
|
pb465
7/3/2010 8:42pm
The Motocross of Nations is not just picked based on who wants to host the event more than the other, or which country had it last year. The host has to pay FIM and other promoters crazy money to have the event at their facility, and some track owners don't feel like the profit is worth the headache.
chrisbuehler
7/3/2010 8:49pm
zookie wrote:
Amazing time. Amazing facility, well run, well organized, great fans, great attendance, great racing, etc. Every race should be run like this one is. The track...
Amazing time.

Amazing facility, well run, well organized, great fans, great attendance, great racing, etc. Every race should be run like this one is.

The track blew my mind. It was amazing, tons of lines, made for some great racing, dirt somehow doesn't dry out and is super soft. The owners of this facility really know how to impress! I have ridden there on open ride days, and it is just as nice then too. Doesn't get quite as rough however!

The only thing that stinks is the viewing. No good place to see a majority of the track because it is built on many hills.

Someone tell me why we haven't had a Des Nations here and are having one in Denver?!?!?!?!
That's funny before the race even starting today I was thinking the same thing. Probably the best outdoor track in the world, why no Des Nations?
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
7/3/2010 8:50pm
I was there today after a couple of years off and again, what a piece of motocross heaven.

That track is badass! From a spectator point of view, the dirt looked amazing. It must be so good that I the trophies they handed out were a large glass vile with (I think) dirt inside.
7/3/2010 10:09pm
Being that i have raced ever a few times its one of the best for viewing if you ask me and i would love des nations to come there

The Shop

davis224
Fantasy
165th
7/3/2010 10:12pm
there is one spot that you can see most of the track, just off the edge of the grandstands on the launchpad side, I always watch there when I go, you just have to walk back and forth to see everything. Pissed i couldnt make it this year
Spinner
7/3/2010 10:52pm
zookie wrote:
Amazing time. Amazing facility, well run, well organized, great fans, great attendance, great racing, etc. Every race should be run like this one is. The track...
Amazing time.

Money. Lots of it.
Highsider
7/4/2010 5:33am
I have my spot bought for the MXdN, but have my doubts on how, what appears to be a smaller venue, will handle it.

Red Bud and Budds Creek just plain old have the acres it takes to do it right.
Cory976
7/4/2010 7:14am
David Clabaugh took one hell of a loan out, that's why.
jasonward73
7/4/2010 8:48am
I read in another thread awhile ago that in order for a track to qualify for a Des Nations race it has to be within a certain amount of miles from an international airport. I believe only Glen Helen (LAX), Budds Creek (Baltimore), and Lakewood (DEN) qualify. I would thing Detroit would be close enough but I don't know the specifics.

Don't hold me to this though.
chrisbuehler
7/4/2010 9:08am
I read in another thread awhile ago that in order for a track to qualify for a Des Nations race it has to be within a...
I read in another thread awhile ago that in order for a track to qualify for a Des Nations race it has to be within a certain amount of miles from an international airport. I believe only Glen Helen (LAX), Budds Creek (Baltimore), and Lakewood (DEN) qualify. I would thing Detroit would be close enough but I don't know the specifics.

Don't hold me to this though.
Interesting
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
7/4/2010 7:32pm
Chicago would be close.
rocrac
7/4/2010 8:10pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2010 6:54am
Kudos to all involved another outstanding weekend at Red Bud
oldx
7/4/2010 9:42pm
Made for the best race in years. That was one hell of a race by both classes.
JustMX
7/5/2010 6:48am
oldx wrote:
Made for the best race in years. That was one hell of a race by both classes.
Hell, Even the women's race was good.
Highsider
7/5/2010 6:52am Edited Date/Time 7/5/2010 7:06am
Ramrod wrote:
Chicago would be close.
Driving directions to Chicago O'Hare International Airport, Chicago, IL from Red Bud 110 mi – about 2 hours 10 mins

Driving directions to San Diego International Airport from Pala Raceway
56.5 mi – about 1 hour 4 mins

Glen Helen is too small a venue for an MXdN.

Driving directions to Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport, Baltimore, MD to Budds Creek
US-301 N/Crain Hwy
73.8 mi 1 hour 32 mins, 1 hour 50 mins in traffic

Driving directions to Denver International Airport, Denver, CO to Thunder Valley
43.8 mi 53 mins
1 hour 20 mins in traffi

Post a reply to: Red Bud Report (why no Des Nations?!)

The Latest