Reached out to RG3, bought BRP

Related:
Create New Tag

3/9/2019 6:19 AM

I’m in the market for a new set of triple clamps, because the stock KTM top triple clamp may be fantastic- however their bar mount design is awful. I really don’t toss the bike often but it seems like every time I tip over my rubber bar mounts twist. So I went on the hunt for a new style mount system.

I used to be absolutely in love with the RG3 product on Buddy Antunez’s (childhood hero because we always went to AX) primal impulse Suzuki 125 and 250. Then most recently Stewart’s bikes were equipped with cool RG3 product. Most importantly (proof advertising works) I remember RG3 full page ad’s showing their patented 4-post rubber mount top triple clamp system. Their website isn’t exactly up to date, and after browsing the catalogue it doesn’t seem they’re taking the CNC side of the business very seriously. I sent them an email, and heard nothing back for a few days. This was pretty disappointing because I was excited to be like Bud Man Ant finally.

Then after leaving their www the search continued, and on the second page of google searches BRP (who I don’t know I’ve ever heard of, or have I? So many acronyms in motocross) came up and out of curiosity I searched their setup. This is after I looked at Pro Taper, Tag, XTRiG, and so on but wasn’t really that stoked on their offerings. Within seconds on the BRP site I couldn’t believe what I was seeing- 4 post rubberized top triple clamps with an up to date catalogue. Not a bad price too at $250! Honestly I don’t know if that price is high or low- I just know they were selling what I wanted. Without hesitation, I clicked buy now.

The real surprise for me was either RG3 let go, sold off, or forgot about their patent for what’s the best design in a top triple clamp. Thanks BRP for being on point.

Photo

Billet Racing Products

|

3/9/2019 6:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/9/2019 6:30 AM

BRP is pretty well known on the off road side, lots of west coast guys use them due to their steering damper options for Scott’s and GPR.

Btw, James Stewart didn’t use the clamps you’re referring to.

The last team I remember using those clamps was Butelr Bros in 2013 when Short went there, by ‘14 they were on Neken or X-Trig I believe.

X-Trig is my personal preference for most bikes.

|

3/9/2019 8:13 AM

ML512 wrote:

BRP is pretty well known on the off road side, lots of west coast guys use them due to their steering damper options for Scott’s and GPR.

The last team I remember using those clamps was Butelr Bros in 2013 when Short went there, by ‘14 they were on Neken or X-Trig I believe.

Could've swore I saw the RG3 logo somehwere on his suzuki- but I cant find evidence of it.

Any idea how/why RG3 faded out?

|

3/9/2019 8:26 AM

ML512 wrote:

Jeff_Crutcher wrote:

Could've swore I saw the RG3 logo somehwere on his suzuki- but I cant find evidence of it.

Any idea how/why RG3 faded out?

There was a logo on the side plate, Rob from RG3 was hired on as a chassis/suspension guy for Suzuki for quite a few years. He was hired through Suzuki for JGR last year but that contract wasn’t re-upped this season. There was a season or so where Rob was contracted to KTM when Roger first went there, but I think that only lasted a season?

|

3/10/2019 4:52 AM

I have these for my yz250 and they work great. If you have the funds then the x trigs would be better.

|

3/10/2019 8:42 AM

cody41 wrote:

I have these for my yz250 and they work great. If you have the funds then the x trigs would be better.

How do you figure?

|

3/10/2019 8:46 AM

cody41 wrote:

Jeff_Crutcher wrote:

How do you figure?

More bar mount position options, flex characteristics designed around each model, more "damper" cushion options, swappable offset stem, etc...

|

3/10/2019 8:47 AM

Jeff_Crutcher wrote:

I’m in the market for a new set of triple clamps, because the stock KTM top triple clamp may be fantastic- however their bar mount design is awful. I really don’t toss the bike often but it seems like every time I tip over my rubber bar mounts twist. So I went on the hunt for a new style mount system.

I used to be absolutely in love with the RG3 product on Buddy Antunez’s (childhood hero because we always went to AX) primal impulse Suzuki 125 and 250. Then most recently Stewart’s bikes were equipped with cool RG3 product. Most importantly (proof advertising works) I remember RG3 full page ad’s showing their patented 4-post rubber mount top triple clamp system. Their website isn’t exactly up to date, and after browsing the catalogue it doesn’t seem they’re taking the CNC side of the business very seriously. I sent them an email, and heard nothing back for a few days. This was pretty disappointing because I was excited to be like Bud Man Ant finally.

Then after leaving their www the search continued, and on the second page of google searches BRP (who I don’t know I’ve ever heard of, or have I? So many acronyms in motocross) came up and out of curiosity I searched their setup. This is after I looked at Pro Taper, Tag, XTRiG, and so on but wasn’t really that stoked on their offerings. Within seconds on the BRP site I couldn’t believe what I was seeing- 4 post rubberized top triple clamps with an up to date catalogue. Not a bad price too at $250! Honestly I don’t know if that price is high or low- I just know they were selling what I wanted. Without hesitation, I clicked buy now.

The real surprise for me was either RG3 let go, sold off, or forgot about their patent for what’s the best design in a top triple clamp. Thanks BRP for being on point.

Photo

Billet Racing Products

Patents do not last forever BTW.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

3/10/2019 4:49 PM

I run this BRP clamp, works great. BRP is top shelf stuff.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.