RacerTV

I usually only watch Loretta's and Mini O's on racer tv but I saw today they want money. What Happened to watching it for free?
3
|
mxb2
Posts
22437
Joined
6/15/2010
Location
Bowie, MD, USA
11/27/2019 9:23am
I think its only $10.
1
3
11/27/2019 10:12am
Curious if that will be the move on the GNCC stream?
1
oceantrav
Posts
1004
Joined
10/20/2015
Location
Tarpon Springs, FL, USA
11/27/2019 10:14am
I would assume they lost 90% of potential viewers

I’ll pay to watch supercross and motocross without a second thought. Wanted to watch mini o’s, not bad enough to enter a credit card though
12
1
11/27/2019 10:54am
oceantrav wrote:
I would assume they lost 90% of potential viewers I’ll pay to watch supercross and motocross without a second thought. Wanted to watch mini o’s, not...
I would assume they lost 90% of potential viewers

I’ll pay to watch supercross and motocross without a second thought. Wanted to watch mini o’s, not bad enough to enter a credit card though
That is what i was saying. Who wants to pay $10 for only a week of coverage when we get SX/MX for $90. They will most likely loose most of the people who watch it.
2
1

The Shop

tek14
Posts
4972
Joined
1/26/2014
Location
Vantaa, FI
11/27/2019 11:07am
Not sure what they are thinking.. many people would watch it like before but hardly any would pay 5 dollars per day to see kids race.
Bet next year it will be free again.
1
2
oceantrav
Posts
1004
Joined
10/20/2015
Location
Tarpon Springs, FL, USA
11/27/2019 11:18am
Think they could make
More money off advertising dollars than what they will make going this route.

Probaly some auto renewing BS too
Kurtis158
Posts
37
Joined
6/17/2018
Location
Riverview, FL, USA
11/27/2019 11:26am
They didn't get my money but I'm sure they got a lot of riders relatives money. I'd rather lose viewership and make money than put it out for free and make nothing, I think it's a smart move. They may get my money for LL next summer.
1
1
kawa38
Posts
183
Joined
9/3/2007
Location
Cairo, GA, USA
11/27/2019 4:54pm
It’s $10 not bad for 5 days of racing.. some really good racing at that.. I don’t any dogs in the fight but I’ll support the sport anyway I can .
4
dimetime
Posts
639
Joined
5/27/2017
Location
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
11/27/2019 5:11pm
Hate to say l told y................

In five years y'all will he paying more for your 67 different niche streaming channels than had ya just left cable alone.

It always amazes me when people think there going to save money with new tech. Because that's why Silicon Valley is worth billions because they're looking out for your wallet and trying to save you a buck. Jesus.
1
4
oceantrav
Posts
1004
Joined
10/20/2015
Location
Tarpon Springs, FL, USA
11/27/2019 6:20pm
dimetime wrote:
Hate to say l told y................ In five years y'all will he paying more for your 67 different niche streaming channels than had ya just left...
Hate to say l told y................

In five years y'all will he paying more for your 67 different niche streaming channels than had ya just left cable alone.

It always amazes me when people think there going to save money with new tech. Because that's why Silicon Valley is worth billions because they're looking out for your wallet and trying to save you a buck. Jesus.
Don’t think mini o’s would ever have been on cable anyways.....

2
DC
Posts
3889
Joined
5/1/2009
Location
Morgantown, WV, USA
11/28/2019 7:45am
Kurtis158 wrote:
They didn't get my money but I'm sure they got a lot of riders relatives money. I'd rather lose viewership and make money than put it...
They didn't get my money but I'm sure they got a lot of riders relatives money. I'd rather lose viewership and make money than put it out for free and make nothing, I think it's a smart move. They may get my money for LL next summer.
The Mini O's doesn't get the sponsorship level that Loretta Lynn's and the GNCC series does, nor does it have a TV package, so the only way to make a livestream work to take all of that equipment down there to film, plus the camera crew, plus the production trailer, plus the bandwith they are using because there is not much internet coverage out at the track... The only way to fund the production to get even close to even is to have a nominal viewer fee.

Charging $10 for five days of live coverage is maybe half what you probably pay to go to a movie by yourself.

DC
Racer X
10
1
mxb2
Posts
22437
Joined
6/15/2010
Location
Bowie, MD, USA
11/28/2019 7:51am
Kurtis158 wrote:
They didn't get my money but I'm sure they got a lot of riders relatives money. I'd rather lose viewership and make money than put it...
They didn't get my money but I'm sure they got a lot of riders relatives money. I'd rather lose viewership and make money than put it out for free and make nothing, I think it's a smart move. They may get my money for LL next summer.
DC wrote:
The Mini O's doesn't get the sponsorship level that Loretta Lynn's and the GNCC series does, nor does it have a TV package, so the only...
The Mini O's doesn't get the sponsorship level that Loretta Lynn's and the GNCC series does, nor does it have a TV package, so the only way to make a livestream work to take all of that equipment down there to film, plus the camera crew, plus the production trailer, plus the bandwith they are using because there is not much internet coverage out at the track... The only way to fund the production to get even close to even is to have a nominal viewer fee.

Charging $10 for five days of live coverage is maybe half what you probably pay to go to a movie by yourself.

DC
Racer X
X2,. Beer,cigs, out to.dinner. more than $10. Do they complain on that also lol.
3
Ray_MXS
Posts
1154
Joined
10/28/2016
Location
SE
11/28/2019 9:52am
What a good way to get rid of future TV coverage of these kinds of events.

It's not charity they deal with. Obviously they don't get nearly the same amount of money to cover it as the SX and MX broadcast do so the only way is to get people to pay a small fee. 10 bucks for full coverage is nothing considering how few people actually tune in and how much it costs them to do it.

It's so typical of the younger generation, or the cheap idiots of my generation. They want everything covered, with a good production, but holy fuck if they have to pay for anything they'd complain like nobody's business. Everything is supposed to be free.

So how about we actually support the people and companies that goes out of their way to cover these races and give them a little extra cash to perhaps make them able to cover even more races?
2
1
hamncheeze
Posts
2427
Joined
1/13/2018
Location
British Columbia, CA
11/28/2019 10:12am
Ray_MXS wrote:
What a good way to get rid of future TV coverage of these kinds of events. It's not charity they deal with. Obviously they don't get...
What a good way to get rid of future TV coverage of these kinds of events.

It's not charity they deal with. Obviously they don't get nearly the same amount of money to cover it as the SX and MX broadcast do so the only way is to get people to pay a small fee. 10 bucks for full coverage is nothing considering how few people actually tune in and how much it costs them to do it.

It's so typical of the younger generation, or the cheap idiots of my generation. They want everything covered, with a good production, but holy fuck if they have to pay for anything they'd complain like nobody's business. Everything is supposed to be free.

So how about we actually support the people and companies that goes out of their way to cover these races and give them a little extra cash to perhaps make them able to cover even more races?
No shit. I just turned 51 and for the majority of my life I've only been frustrated by the inability to get coverage of the sports I want to see, mainly moto and cycling. Now there are great options, but they cost money. I'm not embarrassed to say I pay for: SX, outdoors, MXGP, MotoGP and a bike racing package through Flo Sports. Yeah, it's a good chunk of change to do so, but again, I've spent most of my life wanting this stuff so now that it's here I feel I should just enjoy it and not complain about the cost.

I'd probably pop the $10 for Mini Os if I had the time to watch this week, too.

Post a reply to: RacerTV

The Latest