Question for DC and Swap

fader418
Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 9:39pm
Just wondering why JP money never got a cover after winning this year? It was her 6th championship. I mean she got beat by Ashley I think the last 2 years and comes back this year and wins. That never happens, not to mention Ashley is a factory rider......
|
lafawnduh
12/22/2010 8:22pm
It was her 6th championship

You just answered your own question...
12/22/2010 9:20pm
It was a missed opportunity to expand the fan base. I doubt the hardcore fans would have objected to her getting a cover. They are professionals now, and have gained a ton of exposure in the last few years (thanks to Ashley). I certainly wouldn't want to see too much about womens moto in the media as they aren't the big show, but a little more wouldn't hurt.
hurtssogood
12/23/2010 7:47am Edited Date/Time 12/23/2010 8:21am
there is only one page available on the cover....
Highsider
12/23/2010 8:02am
Cold...verrrrry cold!

The Shop

Adam43
12/23/2010 8:17am
I get sick of all the one-rider covers. It's just kind of gotten stale. Why can't there be more racing shots or several photos like in the old days?
fader418
12/23/2010 8:17am
lafawnduh wrote:

How did I answer my own question? she won 6 times and has NEVER had a cover......
TerryK
12/23/2010 8:20am
Something was mentioned about this I believe it was in a Racerhead a few weeks ago. Not exactly sure.
redslush
12/23/2010 8:38am Edited Date/Time 12/23/2010 8:39am
lafawnduh wrote:

fader418 wrote:
How did I answer my own question? she won 6 times and has NEVER had a cover......
He was implying that because she being a she is why she wasn't on the cover. She won the title but she's a healthy female with no disabilities and probably not cover material in their eyes. I think she is much more deserving of a cover then Todd Potter...but thats just my opinion.
CrashMaster
12/23/2010 8:40am
That was mean, I bet she could smoke you. It seems like Ashley is still getting the spotlight like she won the championship again. To tell you the truth i'm kinda sick of seeing her all over the tv and magazines. I mean they are really playing the deaf card way to much, c'mon. Patterson pretty much crushed her accept for when she would crash. Also I wish Geiger would step up a little bit more than just fading, she could beat them she just needs a little more confidence in her self.
fader418
12/23/2010 8:42am
lafawnduh wrote:

fader418 wrote:
redslush wrote:
He was implying that because she being a she is why she wasn't on the cover. She won the title but she's a healthy female with...
He was implying that because she being a she is why she wasn't on the cover. She won the title but she's a healthy female with no disabilities and probably not cover material in their eyes. I think she is much more deserving of a cover then Todd Potter...but thats just my opinion.
Ok...I didnt notice how she highlighted "she" I was on my phone when I read it....and thanks Terry I read racerhead every week, I must have missed it.....
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
12/23/2010 8:54am
Ashley is marketed because she has a broader appeal to people unfamiliar with the sport. She's a hook to engage people who wouldn't otherwise pay a lick of attention to the sport and her sponsors. Patterson is a great rider but about as marketable as a brick beyond the small audience that is enthused about women's MX. And that is a small audience.
Mstock
12/23/2010 9:03am
Adam43 wrote:
I get sick of all the one-rider covers. It's just kind of gotten stale. Why can't there be more racing shots or several photos like in...
I get sick of all the one-rider covers. It's just kind of gotten stale. Why can't there be more racing shots or several photos like in the old days?
X 2. Covers should be about the sport not one rider. Just my opinion.
grover738
12/23/2010 9:04am
Normally I'd have not cared that JP didn't get a cover, as women's MX just doesn't draw the crowds or interest that men's does.

Then I got the latest issue - Todd Potter on the cover? WTF? What happened to the RACER part of RACERX? JP is obviously way more deserving than a freestyler. What's next, a quad rider? A quad freestyler?
fcr
12/23/2010 9:11am
Patterson is a great rider but about as marketable as a brick beyond the small audience that is enthused about women's MX.
speaking of cold. Har!
SMITH201
12/23/2010 9:12am
People might pass on buying the mag on news stands thinking it was just a MX mag for Vet riders. People would look at the cover and be like "oh, RacerX now covers the Vet Nationals?"
fader418
12/23/2010 9:21am
Jessica and Ashley are pretty close in lap times to qualify for a national......something almost all of US could not do......
Nealio
12/23/2010 9:24am
Maybe if they had a special issue on how to go fast with really bad form?
race
12/23/2010 9:45am
Ashley is marketed because she has a broader appeal to people unfamiliar with the sport. She's a hook to engage people who wouldn't otherwise pay a...
Ashley is marketed because she has a broader appeal to people unfamiliar with the sport. She's a hook to engage people who wouldn't otherwise pay a lick of attention to the sport and her sponsors. Patterson is a great rider but about as marketable as a brick beyond the small audience that is enthused about women's MX. And that is a small audience.
CASE CLOSED!

RexBackman
12/23/2010 10:08am
FTE's comments are spot on...

Having just auctioned off a dozen or so helmets from top riders for the charity MX for Children, including Ashley, I can verify her popularity.

Her helmet saw, at times, 3x more interest (measured in ebay views) than Dungey's or Canard's - though oddly Dungey's took in the highest $$$.

FYI, the Fiolek family is top notch, too. Very good people.
CrashMaster
12/23/2010 10:18am
Ashley is marketed because she has a broader appeal to people unfamiliar with the sport. She's a hook to engage people who wouldn't otherwise pay a...
Ok so who is her broader fan base? Deaf people, the blind, or lets just say people that were disabled at birth. Besides that Patterson can be marketed the same way, she should have a factory spot she's a 6 time champion! A inspiration for women and young girls. I'm not going to not give credit where credit is due because Ashley's a great rider, but on the track she clearly got handled by patterson speed wise and she rode with broken ribs towards the end of the season. All Ashley is... is a big smileSmile
mxknowitall
12/23/2010 10:29am
Ok so who is her broader fan base? Deaf people, the blind, or lets just say people that were disabled at birth. Besides that Patterson can...
Ok so who is her broader fan base? Deaf people, the blind, or lets just say people that were disabled at birth. Besides that Patterson can be marketed the same way, she should have a factory spot she's a 6 time champion! A inspiration for women and young girls. I'm not going to not give credit where credit is due because Ashley's a great rider, but on the track she clearly got handled by patterson speed wise and she rode with broken ribs towards the end of the season. All Ashley is... is a big smileSmile
Sorry, but no. Ashley is a great story that many non-moto people are drawn to. Plus, regardless of disabilities, Ashley is a young, lively, pretty girl, and Patterson is well....
raddad
12/23/2010 10:41am
Ok so who is her broader fan base? Deaf people, the blind, or lets just say people that were disabled at birth. Besides that Patterson can...
Sorry, but no. Ashley is a great story that many non-moto people are drawn to. Plus, regardless of disabilities, Ashley is a young, lively, pretty girl...
Sorry, but no. Ashley is a great story that many non-moto people are drawn to. Plus, regardless of disabilities, Ashley is a young, lively, pretty girl, and Patterson is well....
a meany? Wink
CrashMaster
12/23/2010 10:42am
I understand it's all about looks to you, but c'mon have you ever seen the transworld shadow of Patterson she's pretty cool and laid back person. It's just the whole disability deaf story is just so played out, and like I said she is just a smile. There is more to wmx than just Ashley, and if you want looks...Look at Tarah Geiger and Sarah price they are so much prettier than Ashley.
fader418
12/23/2010 11:25am
This wasn't Jessica versus Ashley....I mean Jessica took care of that on the track....I'm saying she deserves a cover and I wrote to Ping last night and he said she deserves a cover,but its a question for DC....which I should have known....I do not know Jessica, just talked to her on facebook and twitter and she seems very nice to me....and she rides a scooter pretty damn fast too.....
downandup
12/23/2010 11:35am
I agree, jpmoney should be on the cover.

6 time winner? If any man had done that, he would be on EVERY cover!

It never matters what the guy looks like, or what his fan base is, it only matters what he has done on the track. (most times)

txmxer
12/23/2010 11:46am
fader418 wrote:
This wasn't Jessica versus Ashley....I mean Jessica took care of that on the track....I'm saying she deserves a cover and I wrote to Ping last night...
This wasn't Jessica versus Ashley....I mean Jessica took care of that on the track....I'm saying she deserves a cover and I wrote to Ping last night and he said she deserves a cover,but its a question for DC....which I should have known....I do not know Jessica, just talked to her on facebook and twitter and she seems very nice to me....and she rides a scooter pretty damn fast too.....
I agree that she deserves a cover. Certainly a helluva a lot more than Potter.

But, I think you have your answer in the posts above.
CrashMaster
12/23/2010 11:50am
fader418 wrote:
This wasn't Jessica versus Ashley....I mean Jessica took care of that on the track....I'm saying she deserves a cover and I wrote to Ping last night...
I totally back you up, I believe she deserves the cover too, my point is just every where you look its, look at how Ashley this and look at Ashley that. We get it but there are other amazing girls out their racing too.
abn166
12/23/2010 11:54am
fader418 wrote:
Jessica and Ashley are pretty close in lap times to qualify for a national......something almost all of US could not do......
although they are both very fast, they still are a long way from actually being able to qualify for a national.

Post a reply to: Question for DC and Swap

The Latest