Phoenix Handlebars

soggy
Fantasy
3846th
Anyone used these? Wonder how the flex is compared to stock KTM nekken bars as well as pro taper EVO

https://www.phoenixhandlebars.com/

|
Robbirob25
2/25/2021 10:40am
I have a buddy who loves them! I am going be ordering a set as well! He put them on his 2020 KTM Fo -Fiddy and raves about them enough i am about to purchase!
skeef
Fantasy
1421st
2/25/2021 10:45am
Are the Nekken bars that come on the new KTMs 70mm height?
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
2/25/2021 11:56am
There website doesn’t say how thick or what material they use. Anyone have any idea?
2/25/2021 12:11pm
Hey there Vital MX crew. Stoked you found the bars and cared enough to make a post. My buddy at Vital told me this morning that I have "arrived" and made the forum. That can be either really cool... or I can get hung out to dry.

My name is Jason Gearld and I'm the owner. I'll do my best to answer any questions or just be a shoulder to cry on if needed.

The website shows the material if you clicked on a bar. We should probably make that be more front and center but I won't bore you with details why we didn't.

Sorry for the chatter. Here are your answers: 118 bars *1.1/8") are 2014-T6 aluminum. 78 bars (7/8") are 7075 aluminum. All bars are 4mm thick.

The Shop

JBlain619
2/25/2021 12:22pm
Hey there Vital MX crew. Stoked you found the bars and cared enough to make a post. My buddy at Vital told me this morning that...
Hey there Vital MX crew. Stoked you found the bars and cared enough to make a post. My buddy at Vital told me this morning that I have "arrived" and made the forum. That can be either really cool... or I can get hung out to dry.

My name is Jason Gearld and I'm the owner. I'll do my best to answer any questions or just be a shoulder to cry on if needed.

The website shows the material if you clicked on a bar. We should probably make that be more front and center but I won't bore you with details why we didn't.

Sorry for the chatter. Here are your answers: 118 bars *1.1/8") are 2014-T6 aluminum. 78 bars (7/8") are 7075 aluminum. All bars are 4mm thick.
Welcome Jason! My buddy Ian Riley has stocked your bars for a while now at Fredericktown Yamaha in Frederick, MD.
2/25/2021 12:26pm
Hey there Vital MX crew. Stoked you found the bars and cared enough to make a post. My buddy at Vital told me this morning that...

JBlain619 wrote:
Welcome Jason! My buddy Ian Riley has stocked your bars for a while now at Fredericktown Yamaha in Frederick, MD.
Ian is a rad dude. Moto to the core. We worked together at Fox Racing back in the olden days.

And hey, you can see by all of my two posts that I don't know how to reply to people. Feel free to guide me along.
JBlain619
2/25/2021 12:31pm
Ian is a rad dude. Moto to the core. We worked together at Fox Racing back in the olden days. And hey, you can see by...
Ian is a rad dude. Moto to the core. We worked together at Fox Racing back in the olden days.

And hey, you can see by all of my two posts that I don't know how to reply to people. Feel free to guide me along.
I figured you guys were there together by reading your bio on the website. Good luck with everything! I'll grab a set of bars and grips for my YZ125 I'm rebuilding!
2/25/2021 12:33pm
Ian is a rad dude. Moto to the core. We worked together at Fox Racing back in the olden days. And hey, you can see by...

JBlain619 wrote:
I figured you guys were there together by reading your bio on the website. Good luck with everything! I'll grab a set of bars and grips...
I figured you guys were there together by reading your bio on the website. Good luck with everything! I'll grab a set of bars and grips for my YZ125 I'm rebuilding!
Much appreciated. Enjoy your buck and a quarter.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
2/25/2021 12:50pm

Thanks for the reply, may give these a shot instead of the EVO’s.
2/25/2021 12:52pm

soggy wrote:
Don't hesitate to ask any questions. Or just talk moto. I'm down for all of it.
skeef
Fantasy
1421st
2/25/2021 1:02pm
I am running 15 mm of riser on the stock KTM bar (78mm?) on a 2020 450. I am torn between 90 and 100mm for which bar to get. Any suggestions?
2/25/2021 1:19pm
skeef wrote:
I am running 15 mm of riser on the stock KTM bar (78mm?) on a 2020 450. I am torn between 90 and 100mm for which...
I am running 15 mm of riser on the stock KTM bar (78mm?) on a 2020 450. I am torn between 90 and 100mm for which bar to get. Any suggestions?
I'd be inclined to say the 100mm bar. Here is the other thing, if you hated it... I'm here to make things right. It's one of the great parts of being a smaller brand. We can make up stuff as we go along.
Luxon MX
Fantasy
1205th
2/25/2021 1:40pm
Jason is good people and his bars are a solid product. If you're looking for something different from the norm, but still high quality, these are the ones.
Robbirob25
2/26/2021 11:10am
Jason Gerald is "Good People", he is as "Core" as it gets...
LungButter
2/26/2021 11:57am
Your marketing works I'll tell ya that. I'd never even heard of your company....clicked on this thread and now I'm seeing Facebook ads.

I like it, seriously, good work!
2/26/2021 12:01pm
LungButter wrote:
Your marketing works I'll tell ya that. I'd never even heard of your company....clicked on this thread and now I'm seeing Facebook ads. I like it...
Your marketing works I'll tell ya that. I'd never even heard of your company....clicked on this thread and now I'm seeing Facebook ads.

I like it, seriously, good work!
Facebook.... a necessary evil sometimes. As long as you dig the brand, then it's OK. If it starts to be annoying, then you can pop me in the face.
LungButter
2/26/2021 12:39pm
Facebook.... a necessary evil sometimes. As long as you dig the brand, then it's OK. If it starts to be annoying, then you can pop me...
Facebook.... a necessary evil sometimes. As long as you dig the brand, then it's OK. If it starts to be annoying, then you can pop me in the face.
It's all good with me, internet marketing is my 'day to day' world so it's cool to see moto companies get it right.
TeamGreen
2/26/2021 2:00pm

soggy wrote:
Don't hesitate to ask any questions. Or just talk moto. I'm down for all of it.
Last name Gearld or Gerald?

Manny
2/26/2021 2:20pm Edited Date/Time 2/26/2021 2:21pm
TeamGreen wrote:

Manny
It’s Gearld. I’m from Indiana originally. My speculation is some redneck many a’moons ago made an A and R look similar and that’s how it got recorded. Forever screwed.
TeamGreen
2/26/2021 2:28pm
TeamGreen wrote:

Manny
It’s Gearld. I’m from Indiana originally. My speculation is some redneck many a’moons ago made an A and R look similar and that’s how it got...
It’s Gearld. I’m from Indiana originally. My speculation is some redneck many a’moons ago made an A and R look similar and that’s how it got recorded. Forever screwed.
The Immigration Peeps did it to my family. They dropped the "Di" or "di" at the front of our name.

Those bastards!
Zaugg
2/26/2021 5:24pm
Jason is the man...in fact he's so nice you'd swear he's Canadian. HAHA

If you guys want to support the "little guy" and a growing brand, Phoenix Handlebars is a good start.

cwel11
2/27/2021 1:51am
Just heard about your company a few days ago, and now a thread on vital. I’m all about supporting the “little guy” so I’m in the market for a set of bars. I’m running the stock pro tapers on my FC350 and same on my TC250 before that. I like the bend. Can you tell me which one I need? Also are your bars made in the U.S.? Just wondering. Thanks for coming on here also!
2/27/2021 5:26am
cwel11 wrote:
Just heard about your company a few days ago, and now a thread on vital. I’m all about supporting the “little guy” so I’m in the...
Just heard about your company a few days ago, and now a thread on vital. I’m all about supporting the “little guy” so I’m in the market for a set of bars. I’m running the stock pro tapers on my FC350 and same on my TC250 before that. I like the bend. Can you tell me which one I need? Also are your bars made in the U.S.? Just wondering. Thanks for coming on here also!
Thanks for even considering us. The way I see it, bars are a trust product. It takes a lot of trust to put bars on our bikes and hope they do their job. When it came to a vendor, I had worked with the factory when I was at MSR Hard Parts. They are based in Taiwan and make great products. The plan to get bars made in the US has always been on my mind. Ultimately I want to make it happen... just need to build the brand first. And find a vendor that can make them.

As for your bend, the stock bars are 78mm high (I think). If you like where you are, I’d go with 80mm. I like a slightly lower bar because I like riding “on” the bike, no “in” the bike.

We are getting dangerously low on 80’s. We have re-ordered. But all of the factories are way slow. It’s gonna be a long tough summer without our best bend.
Bolt-On
Fantasy
1219th
2/27/2021 8:47am Edited Date/Time 2/27/2021 10:46am
Like others have said, Jason is a great guy and the bars are awesome. I have a set on my personal Husaberg FE390 and have been planning to get a set for my GNCC sweep bike (21 300XC-W) as well. I had grown accustomed to the stock KTM bars, and went with the 90mm for the Berg which have been perfect.

The biggest difference I noticed from the stock bars was the Phoenix bars have a fair bit more sweep, but after a couple of rides I ended up really liking it to the point that when I got back on my KTM with the stock bars, they felt a little weird.

The overall presentation and marketing of the brand is great as well. The packaging is quality, I also got a couple shirts and a hat and they were quality, great products also.

Everything is definitely well worth the purchase and if you have any questions or need help, Jason is more than willing to help out.
2/28/2021 6:29am
Bolt-On wrote:
Like others have said, Jason is a great guy and the bars are awesome. I have a set on my personal Husaberg FE390 and have been...
Like others have said, Jason is a great guy and the bars are awesome. I have a set on my personal Husaberg FE390 and have been planning to get a set for my GNCC sweep bike (21 300XC-W) as well. I had grown accustomed to the stock KTM bars, and went with the 90mm for the Berg which have been perfect.

The biggest difference I noticed from the stock bars was the Phoenix bars have a fair bit more sweep, but after a couple of rides I ended up really liking it to the point that when I got back on my KTM with the stock bars, they felt a little weird.

The overall presentation and marketing of the brand is great as well. The packaging is quality, I also got a couple shirts and a hat and they were quality, great products also.

Everything is definitely well worth the purchase and if you have any questions or need help, Jason is more than willing to help out.
You're too good to me, Cowboy.

Post a reply to: Phoenix Handlebars

The Latest