PR2 suspension?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/7/2020 8:19 PM

What’s everyone think of PR2 suspension for motocross? I’m a c rider at the top of the class at most races and just got a 20% off deal through them. Anybody ride there suspension?

|

5/8/2020 2:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/22/2020 4:14 AM

I've Rode other suspension companies but Have been on pr2 for over 5+ years now. They won me over with great customer service, quick turn around. If there is ever an issue they will help you out. Chris, Shane know what they're doing over there. They have have won numerous amateur titles over the years, there is a reason why they're one of the elite suspension companies in amateur racing. Also they're close to you in Pennsylvania, lower shipping costs for you.

|

5/8/2020 2:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/8/2020 2:59 AM

I’m not trying to be a smart butt or anything, but this is an honest question:

Is there really anything that makes 1 suspension company “better” than another? Are most of them just parts replacers or do some of them have their own after market products that they are not selling to anyone else?

(Pro Action in Florida did mine last December, heavier springs front and back and their valve body system, this stuff is so much better than stock I can’t believe it!

|

5/8/2020 3:48 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Is there really anything that makes 1 suspension company “better” than another? Are most of them just parts replacers or do some of them have their own after market products that they are not selling to anyone else?

(Pro Action in Florida did mine last December, heavier springs front and back and their valve body system, this stuff is so much better than stock I can’t believe it!

PR2 designs a lot of their parts the owner of pr2 Chris Durham has a large machining background. He designs and machines linkage parts for not only himself.... Anything is really better than stock, the knowledge that comes from a suspension company is what really matters. Hell there are people taking these race tech classes and starting a suspension company. There is a company in Pennsylvania that did not even know how to set their own sag 5 years ago..... take that for what it is worth.

|

5/8/2020 3:57 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Sauce96 wrote:

PR2 designs a lot of their parts the owner of pr2 Chris Durham has a large machining background. He designs and machines linkage parts for not only himself.... Anything is really better than stock, the knowledge that comes from a suspension company is what really matters. Hell there are people taking these race tech classes and starting a suspension company. There is a company in Pennsylvania that did not even know how to set their own sag 5 years ago..... take that for what it is worth.

That’s what I am seeing in Texas, a lot of people saying they are suspension gurus

|

5/8/2020 4:06 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Sauce96 wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

That’s what I am seeing in Texas, a lot of people saying they are suspension gurus

yeah its becoming more and more common. A lot of people who do suspension don't really know what they are doing, just going off what race tech tells them to put in but not really making adjustments. All riders are different in speed body position, aggressiveness all that goes into suspension cant go off someones weight then call it a day .

|

5/8/2020 5:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/8/2020 5:17 AM

Sauce96 wrote:

I've Rode other suspension companies but Have been on pr2 for over 5+ years now. They won me over with great customer service, quick turn around. If there is ever an issue they will help you out. Chris, Shane know what they're doing over there. They have have won numerous amateur titles over the years, there is a reason why they're one of the elite suspension companies in amateur racing. Also they're close to you in Pennsylvania, lower shipping costs for you.

Appreciate the feedback! I originally was looking at factory connection but almost 1300$ is ridiculous. I then received a 20% off sponsor through them and figured at about 630$ it’s a no brainer. Just wanted a little feedback! I will say so far just from emailing them about a quote and what not their customer service and response time has been very impressive! I also like the fact that he let me know of add ons that I could do to make the suspension better but it wasn’t needed, it doesn’t feel like they’re pushing me to spend a million dollars like some other company’s.

|

5/8/2020 6:45 AM

PR2 is good people

|

Violence You Can Believe In

5/8/2020 6:50 AM

Just about all the Japanese bikes 125 and up, have great platforms. If tuned properly, they can work well without the big price tag. The wp stuff seems to be more problematic when it comes to rider preference, and price reflects that. There are
Many replacement parts offered to resolve rider dislikes on the suspension. Some are fine with the aer forks modestly reworked, and some scrap the design altogether.

|

Livin' the dream, two wheels at a time!

5/8/2020 7:04 AM

joeymosher19 wrote:

Appreciate the feedback! I originally was looking at factory connection but almost 1300$ is ridiculous. I then received a 20% off sponsor through them and figured at about 630$ it’s a no brainer. Just wanted a little feedback! I will say so far just from emailing them about a quote and what not their customer service and response time has been very impressive! I also like the fact that he let me know of add ons that I could do to make the suspension better but it wasn’t needed, it doesn’t feel like they’re pushing me to spend a million dollars like some other company’s.

I am sure PR2 is good, but every time I have used factory connection I have been very pleased with their results. I have had other local shops improve suspension for a cheaper price, but factory connection's suspension has always been better. Just my opinion, FC is worth the money.

|

5/8/2020 11:07 AM

PR2 has tons of experience, they do great work. I was always happy with their performance. One of the best in the country for sure.

|

5/8/2020 4:48 PM

It’s good stuff. I actually have a set of suspension there right now.

|

5/8/2020 6:28 PM

You won’t be disappointed with PR2. I’ve been using them for years and it’s top notch stuff. It’s Darryn Durham’s dad that owns it. The customer service there is excellent. Really cool and easy to talk to guys.

|

5/9/2020 10:41 PM

joeymosher19 wrote:

What’s everyone think of PR2 suspension for motocross? I’m a c rider at the top of the class at most races and just got a 20% off deal through them. Anybody ride there suspension?

Go to Enzo and don’t even mess around. Tried and true

|