Official Stewart to JGR

Edited Date/Time 10/25/2012 11:15am
http://tucsoncitizen.com/usa-today-sports/2011/10/25/motocross-stewart-…

"JGR sent one of its NASCAR engineers to Stewart’s first tryout on their bike and also brought Stewart to North Carolina for a full tour.

“The facility was just unbelievable,” Stewart said. “I know we have the gnarliest capabilities of any team. When I saw their Yamaha compared to mine, I was like, ‘Are you kidding me? They haven’t won a championship yet?’ Let me come over and help these guys out."
|
jamma10
10/25/2011 3:07am
Why do these guys have such a fascination with NASCAR?
Stoop
Fantasy
767th
10/25/2011 3:22am
“My No. 1 focus is get to 73 wins and after that, we can hit (NASCAR) full force,”

i dont think he will be hitting nascar any time soon
ky_savage
Fantasy
500th
10/25/2011 3:28am
Stoop wrote:
[b]“My No. 1 focus is get to 73 wins and after that, we can hit (NASCAR) full force,”[/b] i dont think he will be hitting nascar...
“My No. 1 focus is get to 73 wins and after that, we can hit (NASCAR) full force,”

I'm thinking he hits the trail to NASCAR before he gets past 72 wins.

The Shop

Sunhouse
10/25/2011 3:32am
So does this mean he´s on a YZF, or is it just a comparison as to what JGR can do, and there is still a possibility they will ride RMZ?
jamma10
10/25/2011 3:34am
jamma10 wrote:
Why do these guys have such a fascination with NASCAR?
Because NASCAR pays more, and they can do it for longer.
But Stewart already has money in the bank. Why not IRL, Truck racing, American Le Mans Series etc? You'd think having raced motocross they'd appreciate more variation than just driving around in circles.
Stoop
Fantasy
767th
10/25/2011 3:38am
Stoop wrote:
[b]“My No. 1 focus is get to 73 wins and after that, we can hit (NASCAR) full force,”[/b] i dont think he will be hitting nascar...

ky_savage wrote:
I'm thinking he hits the trail to NASCAR before he gets past 72 wins.
Millopoto will see to that
ATKpilot99
10/25/2011 3:42am
Sunhouse wrote:
So does this mean he´s on a YZF, or is it just a comparison as to what JGR can do, and there is still a possibility...
So does this mean he´s on a YZF, or is it just a comparison as to what JGR can do, and there is still a possibility they will ride RMZ?
No , he said "When I saw their Yamaha compared to mine", he's riding blue.
Jake-247
10/25/2011 3:43am
10 wins a season to get to 73. LOL

Villopoto, Canard, Dungey, Reed........
ODB
10/25/2011 3:58am
bo-bubsy had his window of oppurtunity and he slammed it shut ............hes got a better chance of banging Sara Palin
Sunhouse
10/25/2011 4:03am
Sunhouse wrote:
So does this mean he´s on a YZF, or is it just a comparison as to what JGR can do, and there is still a possibility...
ATKpilot99 wrote:
No , he said "When I saw their Yamaha compared to mine", he's riding blue.
That was kind of my question. Obviously he won´t have anything to else to compare to. I´m not arguing for the sake of it here, but he is comparing the 2011 models. So there could still be a possibility of him riding a different brand.... (I´m not saying he will, I´m just saying the colours of the JGR bikes aren´t written in sand just yet) Smile
kongols
10/25/2011 4:09am
GuyB, please do not delete this thread for three years.
mxr102
10/25/2011 4:17am
Stoop wrote:

Agree he will never beat THE 'KINGS record...
JOHN CHOATE
10/25/2011 4:34am
James Stewart Signs Multi-Year Deal with The Toyota/Yamaha/JGRMX Team

HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. (October 25, 2011) – James “Bubba” Stewart has signed a multi-year contract to race with the motocross division of Joe Gibbs Racing, JGRMX. Additionally, JGRMX has extended its relationship with Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. racing exclusively Yamaha motorcycles through 2014.

Stewart, who began racing at the age of four, is one of the most decorated riders in motocross history.. He won the first of a record breaking 11 amateur national championships by age six. Turning professional in 2002 he would win the Lites AMA Motocross Championship in his rookie year. After claiming another Lites AMA Motocross title and two Lites AMA Supercross Championships he moved up to the premier class for the 2005 season. Stewart has since won two AMA Supercross titles and an AMA Motocross Championship (winning every moto in the process), becoming the first African American to win a major motorsports championship. He will debut with the Toyota/Yamaha/JGRMX Team at the opening round of the 2012 AMA Supercross Championship on Jan. 7, 2012 at Angel Stadium of Anaheim in Anaheim, Calif.

“I am excited about joining the Gibbs racing family,” said Stewart. “My goal in Supercross is to pass Jeremy McGrath’s record of 72 Supercross wins. I am more than half way there and look forward to realizing that dream during my time with JGR. I have also had an interest in car racing and we are going to explore my potential in that sport through the NASCAR side of the operation.”

“When we started the Supercross team in 2008 we had a building phase and a championship phase. We spent the past four years learning the sport and the equipment and now we are ready to compete at the highest level with an accomplished and talented athlete like James Stewart along with our founding partners Toyota and Yamaha,” said JGRMX President Coy Gibbs. “James will also have the opportunity to explore his interest in racing some of the four-wheel vehicles we have around here as well.”

“We are proud of what Coy and the motocross team has accomplished and landing a talent like James is certainly a huge step up for our program,” stated Joe Gibbs. “We are looking forward to being a serious championship contender in 2012.”

About Yamaha Motor Corp., U.S.A.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A., (YMUS), is a leader in the motorsports market. The company’s ever-expanding product offerings includes Off Road, Sport, and Cruiser motorcycles, ATVs and Side-by-Side vehicle, outboard motors, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel and much more. YMUS products are sold through a nationwide network of dealers in the United States. Headquartered in Cypress, Calif., since its incorporation in 1976, Yamaha also has facilities in Wisconsin and Georgia, as well as factory operations in Tennessee and Georgia. For more information on Yamaha, visit www.yamaha-motor.com.

Whew!!! That was a hard secret to keep.
tbanks
10/25/2011 4:36am
Glad his deal is finally announced. Now we can move on from all of his secrecy and watch the other players fall into place.
AUS_Twisted
10/25/2011 4:36am Edited Date/Time 10/25/2011 4:45am
James just does not have the brains to beat MC's record, MC had the speed and brains to always be up front and rarely make mistakes. James has the speed but makes a lot of mistakes, the competition in 450 SX over the last few years has made things even tougher regardless of how fast James can ride.

To be honest a rider should not set his goals to beat such a record as MC's at this stage. 1) He's not even close to it 2) He should purely be focused on the 2012 Championship and not some win record that is so far out of reach right now..

Maybe if he gets closer in future then fair enough, but at this stage he's thinking way to far forward
rileymx
10/25/2011 4:51am Edited Date/Time 10/25/2011 4:51am
Glad to hear he's part of a team that goes outdoors! Smile
well.........in fact the pr only talks about supercross......and nascar....!!!!!!!
Wandell
10/25/2011 4:57am
http://tucsoncitizen.com/usa-today-sports/2011/10/25/motocross-stewart-joins-gibbs-eyes-nascar/ "JGR sent one of its NASCAR engineers to Stewart’s first tryout on their bike and also brought Stewart to North Carolina for a full tour...

"JGR sent one of its NASCAR engineers to Stewart’s first tryout on their bike and also brought Stewart to North Carolina for a full tour.

“The facility was just unbelievable,” Stewart said. “I know we have the gnarliest capabilities of any team. When I saw their Yamaha compared to mine, I was like, ‘Are you kidding me? They haven’t won a championship yet?’ Let me come over and help these guys out."
That's very gracious of JS to go over and "help them guys out". Like he doesn't gain anything out of the deal. Dry
ts.p311
10/25/2011 5:03am
Shouldnt his goal be to get more championships than MC? Says a lot about the way he rides. No wonder its basically first or last for him, he's only in it for race wins, not championships.
Trent179
10/25/2011 5:13am
http://tucsoncitizen.com/usa-today-sports/2011/10/25/motocross-stewart-joins-gibbs-eyes-nascar/ "JGR sent one of its NASCAR engineers to Stewart’s first tryout on their bike and also brought Stewart to North Carolina for a full tour...

Wandell wrote:
That's very gracious of JS to go over and "help them guys out". Like he doesn't gain anything out of the deal. Dry
I seen that. lol
10/25/2011 5:19am
Jake-247 wrote:
10 wins a season to get to 73. LOL

Villopoto, Canard, Dungey, Reed........
if we're talking about beyond next season aswel- i think you'd have to factor roczen, barcia and wilson into that argument aswel- if we're talking outdoors aswel then rattray and baggett too!

In my opinion james will never win any more titles in mx or supercross- he might win a couple of races, but 10 a season- NO WAY! dungey/ rv etc are too good for that.
10/25/2011 5:21am
His goal is to battle with Jimmie Johnson and Dale jr LOLOL Good Luck with that !!!!!!!!! Ask Ricky how easy it is I just don't see JS running Nascar with his wreckers or checkers attitude those cars are WAY to $$$$$.
karnivool
10/25/2011 5:29am
all you bitches have been whining about him not riding nationals...NOW HE IS...

and yet you still bitch...proof of your hate...

and whats wrong with setting a goal of getting to 72? guess he should just accept mediocrity like all of us on here working day jobs...
karnivool
10/25/2011 5:30am
kongols wrote:
GuyB, please do not delete this thread for three years.
why?
1-forty-8
10/25/2011 5:31am
Glad to hear he's part of a team that goes outdoors! Smile
rileymx wrote:
well.........in fact the pr only talks about supercross......and nascar....!!!!!!!
I noticed that as well! To be honest though I've given up on seeing him race outdoors again. No matter what he says it's still gonna be that "I'll believe it when I see it" deal for me. He's gotta survive 17 rounds of indoors first anyway.. Unsure
karnivool
10/25/2011 5:32am
ts.p311 wrote:
Shouldnt his goal be to get more championships than MC? Says a lot about the way he rides. No wonder its basically first or last for...
Shouldnt his goal be to get more championships than MC? Says a lot about the way he rides. No wonder its basically first or last for him, he's only in it for race wins, not championships.
it has worked 42 times, I'd take it...how many other guys have that many wins?
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
644th
10/25/2011 5:38am
Is this the official haters thread or is there going to be another one started?

Post a reply to: Official Stewart to JGR

The Latest