NBC Sports update

motomike137
Posts
8180
Joined
4/22/2010
Location
Fenton, MI, USA
Edited Date/Time 2/16/2020 8:52am
So it seems they updated the app and now none of the SX or MX replays are available with my firestick or roku tv. I can still see them on my phone app. I sent them an email and got back a half assed response about how they are working on it. Needless to say I'm not impressed with their service!
4
4
|
SKlein
Posts
1504
Joined
3/25/2014
Location
MN, MN, USA
12/21/2019 1:16pm
Bugs are bound to happen across the numerous number of device platforms out there. I think them telling you they're working on it is an adequate response. If you needed to watch something couldn't you just screen mirror it from your phone to a TV?
1
motomike137
Posts
8180
Joined
4/22/2010
Location
Fenton, MI, USA
12/21/2019 1:55pm
Sorry buddy but I disagree. I paid for a service and don't expect to be a beta tester.
15
yz133rider
Posts
5027
Joined
8/1/2013
Location
Avondale, PA, USA
12/21/2019 1:57pm
Sorry buddy but I disagree. I paid for a service and don't expect to be a beta tester.
Its worked flawless all year for me. One weekoff season not working is ok especially with other options to get to it
1
motomike137
Posts
8180
Joined
4/22/2010
Location
Fenton, MI, USA
12/21/2019 2:20pm
Sorry buddy but I disagree. I paid for a service and don't expect to be a beta tester.
yz133rider wrote:
Its worked flawless all year for me. One weekoff season not working is ok especially with other options to get to it
Wrong answer. These companies take our money and then leave us hanging out in the breeze when things should have been buttoned up and working before releasing an update. It seems like an awful lot of folks who post on this board have a very casual attitude about the quality of this service and the content.
7
9

The Shop

yak651
Posts
9058
Joined
8/26/2006
Location
Appleton, WI, USA
Fantasy
12/21/2019 2:22pm
Sorry buddy but I disagree. I paid for a service and don't expect to be a beta tester.
yz133rider wrote:
Its worked flawless all year for me. One weekoff season not working is ok especially with other options to get to it
Wrong answer. These companies take our money and then leave us hanging out in the breeze when things should have been buttoned up and working before...
Wrong answer. These companies take our money and then leave us hanging out in the breeze when things should have been buttoned up and working before releasing an update. It seems like an awful lot of folks who post on this board have a very casual attitude about the quality of this service and the content.
Come on, you should be happy they take your money. You shouldn't expect to have a flawless experience...
2
B Gotti
Posts
363
Joined
7/24/2015
Location
Columbus, OH, USA
12/21/2019 2:34pm
Instead of emailing NBC & asking whats going on, you decide to bitch on a public forum. I bet you're fun to hang out with. Let us know what they tell you.
1
10
12/21/2019 3:05pm
B Gotti wrote:
Instead of emailing NBC & asking whats going on, you decide to bitch on a public forum. I bet you're fun to hang out with. Let...
Instead of emailing NBC & asking whats going on, you decide to bitch on a public forum. I bet you're fun to hang out with. Let us know what they tell you.
Instead of reading his post & seeing that he actually did email them asking what’s going on, you decide to bitch about someone bitching on a public forum. I bet you’re fun to hang out with. Let us know what they tell you.
14
B Gotti
Posts
363
Joined
7/24/2015
Location
Columbus, OH, USA
12/21/2019 3:54pm
B Gotti wrote:
Instead of emailing NBC & asking whats going on, you decide to bitch on a public forum. I bet you're fun to hang out with. Let...
Instead of emailing NBC & asking whats going on, you decide to bitch on a public forum. I bet you're fun to hang out with. Let us know what they tell you.
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Instead of reading his post & seeing that he actually did email them asking what’s going on, you decide to bitch about someone bitching on a...
Instead of reading his post & seeing that he actually did email them asking what’s going on, you decide to bitch about someone bitching on a public forum. I bet you’re fun to hang out with. Let us know what they tell you.
Thanks cool guy.I am fun, just ask your mom & girl.
2
22
12/21/2019 4:11pm
B Gotti wrote:
Instead of emailing NBC & asking whats going on, you decide to bitch on a public forum. I bet you're fun to hang out with. Let...
Instead of emailing NBC & asking whats going on, you decide to bitch on a public forum. I bet you're fun to hang out with. Let us know what they tell you.
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Instead of reading his post & seeing that he actually did email them asking what’s going on, you decide to bitch about someone bitching on a...
Instead of reading his post & seeing that he actually did email them asking what’s going on, you decide to bitch about someone bitching on a public forum. I bet you’re fun to hang out with. Let us know what they tell you.
B Gotti wrote:
Thanks cool guy.I am fun, just ask your mom & girl.
Mom jokes. Laughing I apologize little dude, I wasn’t aware you were only 13.
18
SKlein
Posts
1504
Joined
3/25/2014
Location
MN, MN, USA
12/21/2019 5:00pm Edited Date/Time 12/21/2019 5:00pm
Sorry buddy but I disagree. I paid for a service and don't expect to be a beta tester.
yz133rider wrote:
Its worked flawless all year for me. One weekoff season not working is ok especially with other options to get to it
Wrong answer. These companies take our money and then leave us hanging out in the breeze when things should have been buttoned up and working before...
Wrong answer. These companies take our money and then leave us hanging out in the breeze when things should have been buttoned up and working before releasing an update. It seems like an awful lot of folks who post on this board have a very casual attitude about the quality of this service and the content.
I think if you had any idea how app development worked that might change your attitude towards the matter. Most people are casual about it because they're capable of improvising. Fortunately for you I proposed one possible work-around in my first comment. Otherwise, if you're so dead set about being angry on the situation why not just cancel the service and move on?
7
2
Tuffy
Posts
73
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
12/21/2019 6:11pm
For all the people that say we should be patient with NBC and accept workarounds, I wonder what they would say when payment was due and we said they should be patient, I have a workaround and will pay you next month

If a company this size is going to offer a product, it should work flawlessly, and without workarounds.

NBC Full Year 2018 Highlights:
Net Cash Provided by Operating Activities was $24.3 Billion ; Free Cash Flow was $12.6 Billion. Earnings per Share Decreased 46.7% to $2.53 ; On an Adjusted Basis, Earnings per Share Increased 25.6% to $2.55.Jan 23, 2019
Subsidiary: Sky, Xfinity, NBCUniversal
Person: Brian L.Roberts
Industry: Media
4
DPR250R
Posts
2186
Joined
9/14/2006
Location
USA
12/21/2019 8:00pm
yz133rider wrote:
Its worked flawless all year for me. One weekoff season not working is ok especially with other options to get to it
Wrong answer. These companies take our money and then leave us hanging out in the breeze when things should have been buttoned up and working before...
Wrong answer. These companies take our money and then leave us hanging out in the breeze when things should have been buttoned up and working before releasing an update. It seems like an awful lot of folks who post on this board have a very casual attitude about the quality of this service and the content.
SKlein wrote:
I think if you had any idea how app development worked that might change your attitude towards the matter. Most people are casual about it because...
I think if you had any idea how app development worked that might change your attitude towards the matter. Most people are casual about it because they're capable of improvising. Fortunately for you I proposed one possible work-around in my first comment. Otherwise, if you're so dead set about being angry on the situation why not just cancel the service and move on?
The replays haven't worked for me for some time now on my Roku TV.

I have Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast and a HTPC in my house so finding a work around is no issue.

The issue I have is that the Roku TV is in front of my rower.... frustrating but not the end of the world. The bigger issue I have is that Roku is listed as a compatible device on their home page.




Again... not the end of the world... not something I would start a Vital post about... but surely understand someone else's frustration with it not working.
motomike137
Posts
8180
Joined
4/22/2010
Location
Fenton, MI, USA
12/29/2019 12:58pm
Still no replay availability. This is horseshit.
2
2
12/29/2019 1:00pm
Still no replay availability. This is horseshit.
What? Im watching highpoint from last season right now
1
Moto_Geek
Posts
1826
Joined
6/26/2007
Location
Golden, CO, USA
12/29/2019 1:12pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2019 1:14pm
Still no replay availability. This is horseshit.
What? Im watching highpoint from last season right now
Think he's expecting firestick and roku streaming which should be available but appears to be under works with app developers a.k.a. bad timing for a hot head. Maybe he does not know how to do a work around by streaming from phone to smartview on the tv he owns? Be happy to share with you how to do it if you want to share your phone and tv models.
3
12/29/2019 1:32pm
Still no replay availability. This is horseshit.
What? Im watching highpoint from last season right now
Moto_Geek wrote:
Think he's expecting firestick and roku streaming which should be available but appears to be under works with app developers a.k.a. bad timing for a hot...
Think he's expecting firestick and roku streaming which should be available but appears to be under works with app developers a.k.a. bad timing for a hot head. Maybe he does not know how to do a work around by streaming from phone to smartview on the tv he owns? Be happy to share with you how to do it if you want to share your phone and tv models.
Im using an andriod and apple tv. No problem on watching replays. I do have a roku in one of my rooms. Ill try it out in a bit.
yz133rider
Posts
5027
Joined
8/1/2013
Location
Avondale, PA, USA
12/29/2019 1:33pm
https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/support

Everyone having issues should email them and complain. I told them if this was the football package im betting the issue would have been resolved by now and im very disappointed. If they get flooded with emails perhaps theyll get around to it.
4
StellARrr
Posts
54
Joined
1/4/2018
Location
Austin, TX, USA
12/30/2019 3:01pm Edited Date/Time 1/1/2020 11:34am
yz133rider wrote:
https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/support Everyone having issues should email them and complain. I told them if this was the football package im betting the issue would have been resolved...
https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/support

Everyone having issues should email them and complain. I told them if this was the football package im betting the issue would have been resolved by now and im very disappointed. If they get flooded with emails perhaps theyll get around to it.
This is the response I got from NBC after complaining that all the replays are gone on both my Roku and Firestick.

I’m not sure if the replays being gone is a bug...



mxbigd17
Posts
431
Joined
9/1/2010
Location
Johnstown, OH, USA
12/30/2019 3:55pm
I can’t watch anything on my Apple TV, says I don’t have a subscription to the package. There is a key symbol next to the preview show which is the only replay it shows. On my iPad/iPhone the lock key symbol isn’t there meaning I have access. All the SX/MX replays are available on the iPad/iPhone but when I tap on a race all I get is a spinning loading wheel then the wheel stops and the screen is the same screen I tap any race I want to watch on still. So frustrating, I’ve had the gold for Mx for a couple seasons before purchasing the SX/MX combined package this year. My auto renew is set to on so you know they are going to take my money. Wonder if the app department up and quit for the new year, leaving us high and dry....just guessing here.
2
1
motomike137
Posts
8180
Joined
4/22/2010
Location
Fenton, MI, USA
12/30/2019 3:59pm
Still no replay availability. This is horseshit.
What? Im watching highpoint from last season right now
Moto_Geek wrote:
Think he's expecting firestick and roku streaming which should be available but appears to be under works with app developers a.k.a. bad timing for a hot...
Think he's expecting firestick and roku streaming which should be available but appears to be under works with app developers a.k.a. bad timing for a hot head. Maybe he does not know how to do a work around by streaming from phone to smartview on the tv he owns? Be happy to share with you how to do it if you want to share your phone and tv models.
A "hot head" lol! I just want what I paid for.
5
motomike137
Posts
8180
Joined
4/22/2010
Location
Fenton, MI, USA
12/30/2019 4:01pm
yz133rider wrote:
https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/support Everyone having issues should email them and complain. I told them if this was the football package im betting the issue would have been resolved...
https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/support

Everyone having issues should email them and complain. I told them if this was the football package im betting the issue would have been resolved by now and im very disappointed. If they get flooded with emails perhaps theyll get around to it.
I did a few times but they dont seem to be in any hurry to get it fixed.
motomike137
Posts
8180
Joined
4/22/2010
Location
Fenton, MI, USA
12/30/2019 4:03pm
Still no replay availability. This is horseshit.
What? Im watching highpoint from last season right now
Moto_Geek wrote:
Think he's expecting firestick and roku streaming which should be available but appears to be under works with app developers a.k.a. bad timing for a hot...
Think he's expecting firestick and roku streaming which should be available but appears to be under works with app developers a.k.a. bad timing for a hot head. Maybe he does not know how to do a work around by streaming from phone to smartview on the tv he owns? Be happy to share with you how to do it if you want to share your phone and tv models.
I shouldn't have to do a work around. Just because you're the "IT" guy at Radio Shack doesn't mean these aholes should get a pass for leaving people hanging in the breeze.
4
3
vetmxr
Posts
1113
Joined
1/10/2009
Location
USA
12/30/2019 4:04pm
Mine didn't work until I shut off all my ad blockers....and my duck duck go search engine........then it worked.....
12/31/2019 6:38am
What? Im watching highpoint from last season right now
Moto_Geek wrote:
Think he's expecting firestick and roku streaming which should be available but appears to be under works with app developers a.k.a. bad timing for a hot...
Think he's expecting firestick and roku streaming which should be available but appears to be under works with app developers a.k.a. bad timing for a hot head. Maybe he does not know how to do a work around by streaming from phone to smartview on the tv he owns? Be happy to share with you how to do it if you want to share your phone and tv models.
I shouldn't have to do a work around. Just because you're the "IT" guy at Radio Shack doesn't mean these aholes should get a pass for...
I shouldn't have to do a work around. Just because you're the "IT" guy at Radio Shack doesn't mean these aholes should get a pass for leaving people hanging in the breeze.
I go to apple tv, click on nbc gold, select sx or pro motocross, select which race, watch race.
2
motomike137
Posts
8180
Joined
4/22/2010
Location
Fenton, MI, USA
12/31/2019 9:01am Edited Date/Time 12/31/2019 9:03am
I go to apple tv, click on nbc gold, select sx or pro motocross, select which race, watch race.
That's really good for you but what does that have to do with it now not showing replays on Roku or Firestick?

So last night I go to watch the season preview show again which I was able to view the other night and it tells me I don't have access to that content lol. What a cluster! And just for the record I've had the gold pass since it was MX only. I gladly pay the $ for this even though I am a critic. I just want it to work like it should.
1
Mr. Afterbar
Posts
2427
Joined
5/13/2019
Location
Green Bay, WI, USA
12/31/2019 9:06am
I go to apple tv, click on nbc gold, select sx or pro motocross, select which race, watch race.
That's really good for you but what does that have to do with it now not showing replays on Roku or Firestick? So last night I...
That's really good for you but what does that have to do with it now not showing replays on Roku or Firestick?

So last night I go to watch the season preview show again which I was able to view the other night and it tells me I don't have access to that content lol. What a cluster! And just for the record I've had the gold pass since it was MX only. I gladly pay the $ for this even though I am a critic. I just want it to work like it should.
So you've been knowingly purchasing a product that doesn't work for you? I've never had a single issue. Hope you get it figured out, but I don't know why you're bitching about it still. Just stop paying for it.
3
motomike137
Posts
8180
Joined
4/22/2010
Location
Fenton, MI, USA
12/31/2019 9:14am
So you've been knowingly purchasing a product that doesn't work for you? I've never had a single issue. Hope you get it figured out, but I...
So you've been knowingly purchasing a product that doesn't work for you? I've never had a single issue. Hope you get it figured out, but I don't know why you're bitching about it still. Just stop paying for it.
First of all you obviously haven't read through the post or you would realize that it has worked on Roku and Firestick for most of the three or four years they have offered it. Secondly if you don't like me criticizing what is going on then don't read the thread and comment, capiche?
2
Mr. Afterbar
Posts
2427
Joined
5/13/2019
Location
Green Bay, WI, USA
12/31/2019 9:17am Edited Date/Time 12/31/2019 9:20am
So you've been knowingly purchasing a product that doesn't work for you? I've never had a single issue. Hope you get it figured out, but I...
So you've been knowingly purchasing a product that doesn't work for you? I've never had a single issue. Hope you get it figured out, but I don't know why you're bitching about it still. Just stop paying for it.
First of all you obviously haven't read through the post or you would realize that it has worked on Roku and Firestick for most of the...
First of all you obviously haven't read through the post or you would realize that it has worked on Roku and Firestick for most of the three or four years they have offered it. Secondly if you don't like me criticizing what is going on then don't read the thread and comment, capiche?
Nah. It's my internet as much as it is yours. I just don't see the big deal. Sure it's an inconvenience and you paid for it, but shit happens. I'm sure you could figure out a way to watch it if you really wanted to watch it. I've read how in this very thread, not that I didn't already know.
3
Jaybird67k
Posts
567
Joined
10/27/2013
Location
Vidor, TX, USA
12/31/2019 9:46am
This is just my experience with Gold. I live way out in the sticks with no internet available so I simply use my Samsung smart phone and cast it to my Samsung TV and it work great. I do have good cell signal through Verizon.
I also stream Netflix, Amazon, and Disney+ ect.
Works great 99% of the time.
I don't know about Firestick and Roku except your using you internet provider with those I think.

For the ones having the problems have you tried streaming without WiFi and just cell data on your smart phone?

I can watch the replays with no problem as well.

Jason
motomike137
Posts
8180
Joined
4/22/2010
Location
Fenton, MI, USA
12/31/2019 9:57am
So you've been knowingly purchasing a product that doesn't work for you? I've never had a single issue. Hope you get it figured out, but I...
So you've been knowingly purchasing a product that doesn't work for you? I've never had a single issue. Hope you get it figured out, but I don't know why you're bitching about it still. Just stop paying for it.
First of all you obviously haven't read through the post or you would realize that it has worked on Roku and Firestick for most of the...
First of all you obviously haven't read through the post or you would realize that it has worked on Roku and Firestick for most of the three or four years they have offered it. Secondly if you don't like me criticizing what is going on then don't read the thread and comment, capiche?
Nah. It's my internet as much as it is yours. I just don't see the big deal. Sure it's an inconvenience and you paid for it...
Nah. It's my internet as much as it is yours. I just don't see the big deal. Sure it's an inconvenience and you paid for it, but shit happens. I'm sure you could figure out a way to watch it if you really wanted to watch it. I've read how in this very thread, not that I didn't already know.
Look I'm not looking for arguments with any of you guys. I'm very tech savvy and yes I can " figure out a way to watch it" but I shouldn't have to do that should I? That's the point.
7

Post a reply to: NBC Sports update

The Latest