Motocross media has gone mainstream

BigBoreFan58
Just like in real life, now motocross media has gone main stream. Look at the "news" MSNBC bad mouths FOX, FOX badmouths MSNBC. The "news" is all about what their competition is up too.There is no "news" in the "news" anymore.

Now we have the same thing on MotoNews. Pulp vs Gypsy vs Cooksey vs Hooper vs Whiskey Throttle.

Maybe it's not mainstream, maybe it's just the YouTube-ification of moto news. I was watching a YouTube video the other day where YouTube A was reviewing YouTuber B's video of YouTuber B watching YouTuber C's video.

I think it's all a scam. They're in cahoots to drive their numbers up.

I gotta get out more.

|
aeffertz
7/14/2021 5:12pm
Sounds like you’re just watching the drama based YouTube channels. Huh

Stick to real media outlets that are actually spending money to report accurate news to the consumer, or some guy sitting in his living room spilling out conspiracy theories.
RalphS
7/14/2021 5:14pm
Just like in real life, now motocross media has gone main stream. Look at the "news" MSNBC bad mouths FOX, FOX badmouths MSNBC. The "news" is...
Just like in real life, now motocross media has gone main stream. Look at the "news" MSNBC bad mouths FOX, FOX badmouths MSNBC. The "news" is all about what their competition is up too.There is no "news" in the "news" anymore.

Now we have the same thing on MotoNews. Pulp vs Gypsy vs Cooksey vs Hooper vs Whiskey Throttle.

Maybe it's not mainstream, maybe it's just the YouTube-ification of moto news. I was watching a YouTube video the other day where YouTube A was reviewing YouTuber B's video of YouTuber B watching YouTuber C's video.

I gotta get out more.

I regret to inform you that news have been a cheap form of entertainment since many decades ago, social media just made it worst.

The Shop

deanwhite51
Fantasy
2591st
7/14/2021 5:16pm
Just like in real life, now motocross media has gone main stream. Look at the "news" MSNBC bad mouths FOX, FOX badmouths MSNBC. The "news" is...

I gotta get out more.

Gypsy isn't a news source or a gossip show.. Its a 1 on 1 conversation between him and athletes and people about their views and life. doesn't focus on just moto or chase the current scoop. He is creating some great content and has some super interesting guest on.
Its a legit podcast.

Pulp, Cooksey, Hooper and Whisky are kinda all pure moto based and its a conversation about what's happened pre and post race.
I'm all for it though.. the more people involved, the more media and shows gives us more options and different views.
Spudnut
7/14/2021 5:38pm
*tin foil hat on*
It’s all a ploy to get each other more viewers, they all talk about each other and be just vague enough so their viewers think oooh I should go see his side of this BS and a couple clicks later you’re watching their video
*Tin foil hat off*
aeffertz
7/14/2021 5:58pm
Spudnut wrote:
*tin foil hat on* It’s all a ploy to get each other more viewers, they all talk about each other and be just vague enough so...
*tin foil hat on*
It’s all a ploy to get each other more viewers, they all talk about each other and be just vague enough so their viewers think oooh I should go see his side of this BS and a couple clicks later you’re watching their video
*Tin foil hat off*
More like small creators ‘calling out’ well established brands to try and get views.
7/14/2021 6:09pm

I gotta get out more.

Gypsy isn't a news source or a gossip show.. Its a 1 on 1 conversation between him and athletes and people about their views and life...
Gypsy isn't a news source or a gossip show.. Its a 1 on 1 conversation between him and athletes and people about their views and life. doesn't focus on just moto or chase the current scoop. He is creating some great content and has some super interesting guest on.
Its a legit podcast.

Pulp, Cooksey, Hooper and Whisky are kinda all pure moto based and its a conversation about what's happened pre and post race.
I'm all for it though.. the more people involved, the more media and shows gives us more options and different views.
Could have sworn Gypsy was strictly a Jett Lawrence fanboy show. Ok I'm kidding but holy cow I've never seen a grown man fawn over another dude like he does Lawrence. We get it he's a phenom and he's from your country. Put your tongue back in your mouth
7/14/2021 10:48pm
I think it’s good they all are so different, you can find one that suits you best..
Pulpnation for me, whiskey if the guest is someone that interests me next. I have done a few gypsy if he has someone I really want to hear from (dude is improving each time I listen)
I check in with cooksey aproximately never.
7/15/2021 1:06am Edited Date/Time 7/15/2021 1:08am
I think that's how you perceive it or how you want to see it but in reality that is not the case.

Go listen to the latest gypsy show with ping on there.
McG194
7/15/2021 5:54am
aeffertz wrote:
Sounds like you’re just watching the drama based YouTube channels. :huh: Stick to real media outlets that are actually spending money to report accurate news to...
Sounds like you’re just watching the drama based YouTube channels. Huh

Stick to real media outlets that are actually spending money to report accurate news to the consumer, or some guy sitting in his living room spilling out conspiracy theories.
I love when people say "Real media outlets" and then refer to people that have sponsorship or series conflicts. The fact is there are no real media outlets in this sport without biases.
Does that mean you shouldn't believe RacerX because of Racer Productions?
Does that mean you shouldn't believe Pulp on neck braces because they have sponsorship dollars with Atlas?
Does that mean you shouldn't believe Ping because he has TLD sponsorship?
Does that mean you shouldn't believe Hopper because he never succeeded as a pro and may be a bitterman?
Not at all, just understand that everyone has a dog in the fight and will always protect their own interests. So make your own decisions based on everything you see and hear and just a little freaking common sense.
MyBobbym
7/15/2021 6:18am

I gotta get out more.

What size do you wear?
alphado
7/15/2021 6:33am
I like what the Weege is doing with the Pre and Post race shows.
dpingree101
7/15/2021 10:21pm
I was just on Gypsy Tales and I invited him to come on our show any time he's stateside, I've been on DMXS dozens of times, and I have no issues with Blair or Cooksey... There's a common thread of drama, but I'll let you decide where that's rooted. For the most part, we all share the same passion for the sport and we're all trying to bring unique content to fans. I think its amazing that you have so many options now that all take a different approach to sharing the sport. Watch/listen to the ones you want... but don't feed the drama. To reiterate a great phrase that Jase and I discussed: Fuck the scene, build the community. We are all the community, guys.
PING
7/16/2021 6:29am
I was just on Gypsy Tales and I invited him to come on our show any time he's stateside, I've been on DMXS dozens of times...
I was just on Gypsy Tales and I invited him to come on our show any time he's stateside, I've been on DMXS dozens of times, and I have no issues with Blair or Cooksey... There's a common thread of drama, but I'll let you decide where that's rooted. For the most part, we all share the same passion for the sport and we're all trying to bring unique content to fans. I think its amazing that you have so many options now that all take a different approach to sharing the sport. Watch/listen to the ones you want... but don't feed the drama. To reiterate a great phrase that Jase and I discussed: Fuck the scene, build the community. We are all the community, guys.
PING
Subtle 🤣
USA
Fantasy
507th
7/16/2021 6:47am
I was just on Gypsy Tales and I invited him to come on our show any time he's stateside, I've been on DMXS dozens of times...
PING
Subtle 🤣
So true though, it's obvious who feels threatened in the media world.
ZOBITO
7/16/2021 7:08am
PING
Sorry, I don't feel I belong in the same community as Cooksey or Hopper.
McG194
7/16/2021 7:22am
PING
ZOBITO wrote:
Sorry, I don't feel I belong in the same community as Cooksey or Hopper.
The difference between a wise man and a fool is that a wise man can learn from a fool, a fool cannot learn from a wise man.
jasonv43
7/16/2021 9:04am
PING
Ping,

Love everything you put out and also been listening to Gypsy Tales more lately. I like how TWTS is different from Gypsy Tales, Pulp, etc. Me personally I don't like the way that Cooksey, and dare I say Hopper got about their shows. I think every show that is out there can improve. Can you give any details as to the so called "beef" that is between you and Pulp? Difference of views or is it more than that? If you don't comment I understand.
mwr
7/16/2021 9:16am

I gotta get out more.

Gypsy isn't a news source or a gossip show.. Its a 1 on 1 conversation between him and athletes and people about their views and life...
Its a legit podcast.

Gypsy Tales is just some insufferable dork talking while some racer guest chimes in for a split second now and then. Bleh.
jasonv43
7/16/2021 9:28am
Its a legit podcast.

I've come around on Gypsy recently. Cooksey and Hopper are not in the same ballpark as Pulp and TWTS. But you are right there are more options and views for sure.

Post a reply to: Motocross media has gone mainstream

The Latest