Mike Alessi doesn't deserve this...

DC
Posts
3889
Joined
5/1/2009
Location
Morgantown, WV, USA
Edited Date/Time 7/21/2014 4:54pm


No motocross racer deserves this kind of terrible insult and hatred, but he's getting messages like this -- scores of them. Go read them on his Twitter and Instagram.

Alessi knocked Broc Tickle down in what Mike has admitted was a very bad move that he made in the heat of the race. He apologized profusely, he was fined heavily, he apologized again and took his medicine from the critics and callers on Matthes' show. What more does he have to do here?

I know there's been a lot of drama and nonsense and straight-up mistakes from those around him over the years, but Mike is a professional racer who has to go back out there on Saturday and do his best for his team and the fans, whether you cheer for him or not. No one condones what he did in Atlanta, but strangers act like he somehow directly hurt them. Only Broc should have that outrage, and he's behaved like a true professional and risen above all of this.

People need to let Mike Alessi move on and race and live his life without worrying about death threats or people wishing him such horrific things. Sorry, but this has gotten way out of hand.

DC
MX Sports
|
2/25/2014 12:48pm
Yep, wishing anyone injury is nutsy as it gets.

The guy that called into the show and got through twice was a full on nut job as well.
Racer92
Posts
17965
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Central, TX, USA
2/25/2014 12:48pm
*golf clap*
jeffro503
Posts
27651
Joined
7/22/2007
Location
St Helens, OR, USA
2/25/2014 12:52pm
Christ.....that is some terrible stuff! Nobody deserves that! I think what Mike did was wrong......but wishing him ill will , or to leave the sport? That's crazy talk. Sounds like some over hyped stalker fans that don't have a life need to get their connections to the world revoked! That is just pathetic!
BobbyM
Posts
21435
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
USA
2/25/2014 12:53pm
Right on DC. And Mike did pretty good Saturday night in atlanta too. Keep yer chin up MA

The Shop

jeffro503
Posts
27651
Joined
7/22/2007
Location
St Helens, OR, USA
2/25/2014 12:53pm
OH....and great post DC!
The Rock
Posts
8758
Joined
3/21/2007
Location
HAIKU, HI, USA
2/25/2014 12:57pm
What jeffro503 said.

DC is definitely the early bird RE: 4:47 AM time stamp. Man that is o dark thirty time.
gsxrcr28
Posts
7419
Joined
3/5/2009
Location
Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
2/25/2014 12:58pm
Welcome to social media.
It's the only place people like that can get any attention.

Pathetic.
jasonv43
Posts
10299
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Thousand Oaks, CA, USA
2/25/2014 12:58pm
Just a small sample of the human race at it's best. No he definitely does not deserve that kind of treatment. That being said I think he got off lucky with the penalties.
Grizz
Posts
3105
Joined
7/2/2012
Location
Los Angeles, CA, USA
2/25/2014 12:59pm
It's the internet. Unfortunately, the majority of motocross fans with the ability to get on the internet also happen to be fucking idiots. Smart phones didn't help.
2/25/2014 1:00pm
its a mad world , mad worse with social media
GuyB
Posts
35722
Joined
7/10/2006
Location
Aliso Viejo, CA, USA
2/25/2014 1:03pm
Grizz wrote:
It's the internet. Unfortunately, the majority of motocross fans with the ability to get on the internet also happen to be fucking idiots. Smart phones didn't...
It's the internet. Unfortunately, the majority of motocross fans with the ability to get on the internet also happen to be fucking idiots. Smart phones didn't help.
"It's the Internet" isn't a license to be completely stupid and inhumane.
2/25/2014 1:05pm
He doesn't deserve that. But in reality those aren't true threats. It's people being stupid.

Now that Ticklegate is seemingly behind us I would really like to think that this will be the LAST Alessi screw up and he will ride out the rest of his career without incident.


Oh jees I just can't though. It's gonna happen again people. It's like watching a movie for the second or third time. You just know what's gonna happen.


That being said props to him an Genova for facing the music on the Pulp show.
newmann
Posts
24437
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
2/25/2014 1:05pm
That's the asses they get in the stadium seats.
Grizz
Posts
3105
Joined
7/2/2012
Location
Los Angeles, CA, USA
2/25/2014 1:05pm
Grizz wrote:
It's the internet. Unfortunately, the majority of motocross fans with the ability to get on the internet also happen to be fucking idiots. Smart phones didn't...
It's the internet. Unfortunately, the majority of motocross fans with the ability to get on the internet also happen to be fucking idiots. Smart phones didn't help.
GuyB wrote:
"It's the Internet" isn't a license to be completely stupid and inhumane.
Agreed. Too bad it's already perceived that way.
Chris O'Neal
Posts
1149
Joined
11/5/2007
Location
Essex, CT, USA
2/25/2014 1:09pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2014 1:12pm
I basically wrote the same thing on my Facebook page a couple days ago when I saw a post on Tony Alessi's Facebook page saying, " I hope your son crashes, breaks his neck and is paralyzed from the eyebrows down! " There is hundreds, if not thousands of comments with hatred towards Alessi throughout the internet right now!

This really has got out of hand and if I was Mike, I would be truly scared for my safety at the next event! All it takes is for one really crazy fan to do something nuts like throw acid in his face, start their motor home on fire or something crazy like that! People are capable of anything these days and the death threats should be taken very seriously. I don't think he should do autographs this weekend and hide from the public until things cool down a little.

Mike's made many bone-head moves in the heat of the battle and paid for them every time. The fans love to hate the Alessi's and now it is at a all time high. But I think it's time to let it go and move on. If he does it again he will be banned for the season anyway so I think he will keep his nose clean for the rest of the season.

It must be a terrible feeling knowing everyone either publicly or secretly hates you. This certainly wasn't what he wanted and I know he regrets it bad! Lets just hope some crazy fan doesn't do anything way worse than what Alessi did!
BAMX
Posts
2904
Joined
1/22/2012
Location
Fallbrook, CA, USA
2/25/2014 1:10pm
The comments are so stupid that they would be funny if it weren't for the wishing of harm. Hell, I wish that I sucked bad enough to always make the main in SX and also be a contender outdoors.

He made a bone head move. It is up to Tickle to accept his apology or not the rest just need to move on.
Grizz
Posts
3105
Joined
7/2/2012
Location
Los Angeles, CA, USA
2/25/2014 1:11pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2014 1:12pm
I look at Alessi's take out the same way I look at this take out (or any other).

https://youtu.be/l3EZEj6aEVQ

It was racing, it was entertaining, and it's why I love this sport (no, not because of take outs, but because these guys put it all on the track when they are out there).

Clearly KDub was quite a bit smarter than Mike with his move, but that's why he rode away and Mike didn't
2/25/2014 1:14pm
Broc Tickle didn't deserve that take out, either. It doesn't affect me personally, but its not the first time he (Mike Alessi) has done something dirty, or have you all forgotten all the dirty shit he has done, as if that t-bone on BT was the icing on the cake... NOT

Wishing someone ill will is fucked up, though. But of course, that usually comes from pathetic fucks that will never amount to nothing, hence the "HATE".

I don't feel sorry for the Alessi family
MXATC
Posts
420
Joined
12/4/2007
Location
USA
2/25/2014 1:14pm
I agree with DC but unfortunately the internet is the one place people pick their battles to make comments. Never in person......
2/25/2014 1:15pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2014 1:17pm
Grizz wrote:
I look at Alessi's take out the same way I look at this take out (or any other). https://youtu.be/l3EZEj6aEVQ It was racing, it was entertaining, and...
I look at Alessi's take out the same way I look at this take out (or any other).

https://youtu.be/l3EZEj6aEVQ

It was racing, it was entertaining, and it's why I love this sport (no, not because of take outs, but because these guys put it all on the track when they are out there).

Clearly KDub was quite a bit smarter than Mike with his move, but that's why he rode away and Mike didn't
What Alessi did wasn't racing at all, it was a bitch move. Seriously guy? C'mon..
gsxrcr28
Posts
7419
Joined
3/5/2009
Location
Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA
2/25/2014 1:18pm
I've seen the same garbage written to Stewarts mom on twitter.

Makes you wonder what causes people to become that low with so much hate.
Grizz
Posts
3105
Joined
7/2/2012
Location
Los Angeles, CA, USA
2/25/2014 1:18pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2014 1:20pm
Guest.01 wrote:
What Alessi did wasn't racing at all, it was a bitch move. Seriously guy? C'mon..
I disagree.

Edit: If you're going to call Alessi's take out a bitch move, then you have to call Windham's the same Wink
peelout
Posts
18422
Joined
1/6/2011
Location
Ogden, UT, USA
2/25/2014 1:19pm
wow...

just sickening what people will say on the internet.

you would think having his name and picture as part of his internet persona, he would have a little common sense before saying that kind of hatred shit.

pathetic is an understatement.
GuyB
Posts
35722
Joined
7/10/2006
Location
Aliso Viejo, CA, USA
2/25/2014 1:19pm
Grizz wrote:
It's the internet. Unfortunately, the majority of motocross fans with the ability to get on the internet also happen to be fucking idiots. Smart phones didn't...
It's the internet. Unfortunately, the majority of motocross fans with the ability to get on the internet also happen to be fucking idiots. Smart phones didn't help.
GuyB wrote:
"It's the Internet" isn't a license to be completely stupid and inhumane.
Grizz wrote:
Agreed. Too bad it's already perceived that way.
#antisocialmedia
Jakes Dad
Posts
1864
Joined
6/22/2009
Location
Brooksville, FL, USA
2/25/2014 1:20pm
Nobody remembers old school, come to Dade City on a Sat. points night for a little refresher. Yeah that's why Randy's hair is pretty gray also! LOL
GuyB
Posts
35722
Joined
7/10/2006
Location
Aliso Viejo, CA, USA
2/25/2014 1:20pm
peelout wrote:
wow... just sickening what people will say on the internet. you would think having his name and picture as part of his internet persona, he would...
wow...

just sickening what people will say on the internet.

you would think having his name and picture as part of his internet persona, he would have a little common sense before saying that kind of hatred shit.

pathetic is an understatement.
I will say, that guy's Instagram page is a serious homage to broness.
2/25/2014 1:21pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2014 1:22pm
Grizz wrote:
I look at Alessi's take out the same way I look at this take out (or any other). https://youtu.be/l3EZEj6aEVQ It was racing, it was entertaining, and...
I look at Alessi's take out the same way I look at this take out (or any other).

https://youtu.be/l3EZEj6aEVQ

It was racing, it was entertaining, and it's why I love this sport (no, not because of take outs, but because these guys put it all on the track when they are out there).

Clearly KDub was quite a bit smarter than Mike with his move, but that's why he rode away and Mike didn't
Guest.01 wrote:
What Alessi did wasn't racing at all, it was a bitch move. Seriously guy? C'mon..
Those two take outs dont even compare. Alessi's was the most awkward looking take out I've seen (which he does a lot of awkward looking stuff.) Almost like he hesitated then whiskey throttled into him. But no one deserves those kind of threats.
RedRum666
Posts
866
Joined
2/6/2013
Location
USA
2/25/2014 1:26pm
Grizz wrote:
It's the internet. Unfortunately, the majority of motocross fans with the ability to get on the internet also happen to be fucking idiots. Smart phones didn't...
It's the internet. Unfortunately, the majority of motocross fans with the ability to get on the internet also happen to be fucking idiots. Smart phones didn't help.
indeed 100%....the social media opens the doors for all the morons to come out and post this crap....Whether you like the move or not, I doubt most TRUE moto fans would post crap like that.... All you have to do is read the comments of a Chad Reed post or Stewart to see what kind of morons are out there....People asking why Stewart isnt on a Kawasaki to will Dean Wilson use Reeds number....there are alot of people out there who dont know and dont care about MX...but they'll comment on it...Sadly to say, I think PINK is one of them....yeah, Alessi is slow
brocster
Posts
4653
Joined
6/9/2009
Location
Aliso Viejo, CA, USA
2/25/2014 1:27pm
can't Mike and Tony just change their account settings if they are that bothered by it and only let the people in that "NEED" to be in their social media circle.

unfortunately there are crazy people around every corner you turn....

Post a reply to: Mike Alessi doesn't deserve this...

The Latest