Martin Davalos

MtnBoy
Edited Date/Time 8/11/2015 11:41pm
Has anybody ever made as much money in this sport by doing so little?

How many more "top tier" rides will he get?
|
MotoMalyDad
8/11/2015 7:21am
You wonder if sometimes it is an image sponsor's want ?
Moto75
8/11/2015 7:25am
Teams always put an emphasis of speed / potential to win. Of course speed without falling / completing a season is best. But a rider who shows the speed will more often than not, get the ride over someone who is consistent top 10 / 5 & finishes the series.

Davalos has taken himself out of more races while leading, than anyone I can remember.
Starcrossed
8/11/2015 7:25am
As long as he can win motos in Supercross he will still be in contention for top rides. See Davi Millsaps.

The Shop

PastranaWho
8/11/2015 8:08am Edited Date/Time 8/11/2015 8:15am
MtnBoy wrote:

For the risk these guys take they deserve every penny they get plus davalos can run up front in sx.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
8/11/2015 8:12am
Some times a guy offers more then just wins to a team.
gt80rider
8/11/2015 8:29am
IMO, good guy, super fast at times (especially indoors), but he has had his chance, give his ride to an up and comer.
8/11/2015 8:39am
sometimes i wonder how he still has a ride but matthes/weege/JT, always remind me... if you show flashes of brilliance, you can keep a ride for a long time.

mxtech1
8/11/2015 8:54am
As a sponsor who would your you rather pay??

A solid guy that's going to run 5-10 consistently, with little TV time and limited exposure. Or...A guy that's capable of winning and being on the podium IF he puts it together?

Think of how much TV time he gets during the race and on the podium. Now try to name a 5-10 guy that gets the same amount of exposure.

Core fans measure success by results - sponsors measure success by advertising exposure and brand recognition.
TeamGreen
8/11/2015 9:06am
In 2014, who was leading 250SX-East until a chain broke on his practice bike before New Jersey causing a practice crash and injuries...?

This year he's been sick, for real, and the Team he currently rides for sees PLENTY of Speed and Opportunity with Martin going in to 2016.

Another thing, the Team truly "likes" him and wants to see him have an opportunity to "get back out there".

Loyalty is kinda a "Good Thing".

Isn't it?
8/11/2015 9:08am
TeamGreen wrote:
In 2014, who was leading 250SX-East until a chain broke on his practice bike before New Jersey causing a practice crash and injuries...? This year he's...
In 2014, who was leading 250SX-East until a chain broke on his practice bike before New Jersey causing a practice crash and injuries...?

This year he's been sick, for real, and the Team he currently rides for sees PLENTY of Speed and Opportunity with Martin going in to 2016.

Another thing, the Team truly "likes" him and wants to see him have an opportunity to "get back out there".

Isn't it?
there's definitely no doubt that when hes on, hes ON. his speed is right there with the best or even better in the 250f class.
WoodsRacer
Fantasy
2889th
8/11/2015 9:12am
MtnBoy wrote:

You're trolling right? This can't be a serious question.
MtnBoy
8/11/2015 1:36pm
MtnBoy wrote:

WoodsRacer wrote:
You're trolling right? This can't be a serious question.
Very serious, the guy has been in the 250 class FOREVER (2006 to be exact), the fact that he has managed to avoid pointing out proves my point.

I gotta agree that it's the flashes of brilliance that keep him on teams, but at what point do people start saying "This guy has ridden every good bike in the pits and still can't run up front consistently, time for someone new"?

I for one would rather see someone like Darian Sanayei on his bike, give him a shot to show some "brilliance" because you know what your going to get with Davalos, some brilliance and a lot of let down....

8/11/2015 1:40pm Edited Date/Time 8/11/2015 1:42pm
MtnBoy wrote:
Very serious, the guy has been in the 250 class FOREVER (2006 to be exact), the fact that he has managed to avoid pointing out proves...
Very serious, the guy has been in the 250 class FOREVER (2006 to be exact), the fact that he has managed to avoid pointing out proves my point.

I gotta agree that it's the flashes of brilliance that keep him on teams, but at what point do people start saying "This guy has ridden every good bike in the pits and still can't run up front consistently, time for someone new"?

I for one would rather see someone like Darian Sanayei on his bike, give him a shot to show some "brilliance" because you know what your going to get with Davalos, some brilliance and a lot of let down....

Who?

I agree Davalos is like Rattray, what you see is what you get.
S.Loyer
8/11/2015 1:57pm
Dude, he would of had a SX title if not for a freak accident practicing.
He also just returned to racing from injury, give him a fucking break, he's fast as shit and can in indoors.
Grieby54
8/11/2015 2:04pm Edited Date/Time 8/11/2015 2:11pm
TeamGreen wrote:
In 2014, who was leading 250SX-East until a chain broke on his practice bike before New Jersey causing a practice crash and injuries...? This year he's...

Isn't it?
In answer to your first question:
The guy who inherited the points lead when the guy in first dislocated his shoulder out of nowhere.

The guy turned pro in 2006. Ryan Villopoto turned pro the same year and Martin hasn't even made it to the 450 class yet.
MtnBoy
8/11/2015 2:05pm
S.Loyer wrote:
Dude, he would of had a SX title if not for a freak accident practicing. He also just returned to racing from injury, give him a...
He also just returned to racing from injury, give him a fucking break, he's fast as shit and can in indoors.
I can use that same logic and say he wouldn't have been in position to get that title if AC hadn't got hurt...

Seriously, who is another example of someone who has had great rides for almost 10 years and such lackluster results. It's just kinda shocking that he's able to keep at it, I don't really dislike the guy (he actually seems like a nice guy) it just seems like he has the golden ticket for some reason.
S.Loyer
8/11/2015 2:11pm
S.Loyer wrote:
Dude, he would of had a SX title if not for a freak accident practicing. He also just returned to racing from injury, give him a...
MtnBoy wrote:
I can use that same logic and say he wouldn't have been in position to get that title if AC hadn't got hurt... Seriously, who is...
I can use that same logic and say he wouldn't have been in position to get that title if AC hadn't got hurt...

Seriously, who is another example of someone who has had great rides for almost 10 years and such lackluster results. It's just kinda shocking that he's able to keep at it, I don't really dislike the guy (he actually seems like a nice guy) it just seems like he has the golden ticket for some reason.
People who can win.

Would rather piss away money on him getting a win here and there than some dude in 5th with no shot of winning.
MtnBoy
8/11/2015 2:19pm
S.Loyer wrote:
People who can win. Would rather piss away money on him getting a win here and there than some dude in 5th with no shot of...
People who can win.

Would rather piss away money on him getting a win here and there than some dude in 5th with no shot of winning.
140+ Pro starts

2 wins

There is some serious money being pissed away if they are looking for wins...
struth
8/11/2015 2:27pm
I reckon the guy would have most laps lead with the fewest wins in sx.
S.Loyer
8/11/2015 2:44pm
S.Loyer wrote:
People who can win. Would rather piss away money on him getting a win here and there than some dude in 5th with no shot of...
People who can win.

MtnBoy wrote:
140+ Pro starts

2 wins

Better than 140 starts and no wins.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
8/11/2015 2:57pm
Grieby54 wrote:
In answer to your first question: The guy who inherited the points lead when the guy in first dislocated his shoulder out of nowhere. The guy...
The guy who inherited the points lead when the guy in first dislocated his shoulder out of nowhere.

The guy turned pro in 2006. Ryan Villopoto turned pro the same year and Martin hasn't even made it to the 450 class yet.
^^^ THIS ^^^

Truer words have never been spoken !!
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
8/11/2015 3:21pm
S.Loyer wrote:
People who can win.

MtnBoy wrote:
140+ Pro starts

2 wins

S.Loyer wrote:
If you took a guy like Matt Lemoine and gave him 140 starts in the 250 class on Star Yamaha, Factory KTM, Pro Circuit Kawasaki and Factory Husqvarna, I bet he could come up with more than 2 wins.
Insider347
8/11/2015 3:58pm
MtnBoy wrote:
140+ Pro starts

2 wins

S.Loyer wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
If you took a guy like Matt Lemoine and gave him 140 starts in the 250 class on Star Yamaha, Factory KTM, Pro Circuit Kawasaki and...
If you took a guy like Matt Lemoine and gave him 140 starts in the 250 class on Star Yamaha, Factory KTM, Pro Circuit Kawasaki and Factory Husqvarna, I bet he could come up with more than 2 wins.
Cough cough bull cough shit. I like Lemoine but not sure if I believe that.
He has the speed but a lot of bad luck like most racers have at times.
AC is very young but he's been having alot of bad luck. Maybe we'll give him another 2-3 years and if no results then give the ride to someone else..NOT!!!
Give Martin a break and be glad he can keep racing. Good for all.
TeamGreen
8/11/2015 4:27pm
TeamGreen wrote:

Isn't it?
Grieby54 wrote:
In answer to your first question: The guy who inherited the points lead when the guy in first dislocated his shoulder out of nowhere. The guy...

You remember who beat AC at ATL?

Grieby54
8/11/2015 4:41pm
TeamGreen wrote:

Yea, the guy second in points.
TeamGreen
8/11/2015 5:50pm
TeamGreen wrote:

Grieby54 wrote:
Yea, the guy second in points.
Still missing the point I was making; but, that's fine...

Haters gonna hate.

No worries.
motokiwi
Fantasy
269th
8/11/2015 6:14pm
I just assumed he is a rich foreigner and his parents pay for his rides.
TeamGreen
8/11/2015 6:28pm
motokiwi wrote:
I just assumed he is a rich foreigner and his parents pay for his rides.
Mitch & Bobby just laughed

Post a reply to: Martin Davalos

The Latest