Fantasy
1233rd
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 8:56am
Good little funny one by Matthes.

http://www.pulpmx.com/content/mxas-gone-wacky

|
motomike137
4/30/2010 9:45am
Im so sick of all this nonsense... Once upon a time the the roles were reversed and our guys (US riders) would take any oppurtunity to race with and hopefully put a beat down on the Euros, especially on our own soil... times have changed and money talks a lot more than pride... end of story.
CamP
4/30/2010 9:49am Edited Date/Time 4/30/2010 9:51am
I lose some respect for journalists that feel compelled to publically call out other journalists or their publications. I didn't like it when Swap and Jimmy felt compelled to dog each other in their columns and I don't like it when Matthes dogs MXA, which is every chance he gets. It's that tear them down so I look better approach that's petty and immature.

The Shop

jbomx363
4/30/2010 10:07am Edited Date/Time 4/30/2010 10:09am
CamP wrote:
I lose some respect for journalists that feel compelled to publically call out other journalists or their publications. I didn't like it when Swap and Jimmy...
I lose some respect for journalists that feel compelled to publically call out other journalists or their publications. I didn't like it when Swap and Jimmy felt compelled to dog each other in their columns and I don't like it when Matthes dogs MXA, which is every chance he gets. It's that tear them down so I look better approach that's petty and immature.
So you're okay with misinforming the gen. mx pop.? You're okay with half truths? Misrepresentation? Obfuscation? or simply put.. propaganda?
I gladly welcome and encourage anyone to challenge any news story, publication, or opinion piece.
I'm glad Matthes shed some light on the story that promo wagon at MXA put forth.
flarider
4/30/2010 10:10am
jbomx363 wrote:
So you're okay with misinforming the gen. mx pop.? You're okay with half truths? Misrepresentation? Obfuscation? or simply put.. propaganda?I gladly welcome and encourage anyone to...
So you're okay with misinforming the gen. mx pop.? You're okay with half truths? Misrepresentation? Obfuscation? or simply put.. propaganda?
I gladly welcome and encourage anyone to challenge any news story, publication, or opinion piece.
I'm glad Matthes shed some light on the story that promo wagon at MXA put forth.
Except in non-moto

In non-moto, lies, half-truths and unsubstantiated rumor is perfectly acceptable and refuting it is not allowed
Kinetic1
4/30/2010 10:14am
flarider wrote:
Except in non-moto

In non-moto, lies, half-truths and unsubstantiated rumor is perfectly acceptable and refuting it is not allowed
"Why, ....whatever do you mean"

Val Kilmer as Doc in Tombstone.
CamP
4/30/2010 10:21am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:31pm
CamP wrote:
I lose some respect for journalists that feel compelled to publically call out other journalists or their publications. I didn't like it when Swap and Jimmy...
jbomx363 wrote:
So you're okay with misinforming the gen. mx pop.? You're okay with half truths? Misrepresentation? Obfuscation? or simply put.. propaganda?I gladly welcome and encourage anyone to...
So Matthes is now the figure of journalistic integrity and truth? Yeah right.

Matthes is constantly talking about how MXA never leaves socal or the REM races at Glen Helen. How does he explain away the fact that I saw Jody at multiple east coast SX rounds last year? Maybe he just wants to believe that MXA is out of touch with the sport so that he can be more "core" in his mind.
jbomx363
4/30/2010 10:25am
CamP wrote:
So Matthes is now the figure of journalistic integrity and truth? Yeah right. Matthes is constantly talking about how MXA never leaves socal or the REM...
So Matthes is now the figure of journalistic integrity and truth? Yeah right.

Matthes is constantly talking about how MXA never leaves socal or the REM races at Glen Helen. How does he explain away the fact that I saw Jody at multiple east coast SX rounds last year? Maybe he just wants to believe that MXA is out of touch with the sport so that he can be more "core" in his mind.
Did I say that about Matthes? I'm just saying, good on him for taking a poke at MXA's story. He has his opinion on their propaganda piece. No different than a rebuttal.

It's up to the individual to decide for themselves whom to believe.
CamP
4/30/2010 10:27am Edited Date/Time 4/30/2010 10:28am
That's not how real journalism works.
Truespode
4/30/2010 10:29am
CamP wrote:
That read more as an Internet poster replying to another than it did an article taking an opposing viewpoint.

I had a hard time following it with all the bold type being just inserted in the middle of a paragraph instead of taking the time to at least properly format the point and then counterpoint.

I think that it could have been done in a different style and provided the same critical response instead of looking like Internet fodder.

I don't disagree with any of the views and support having a response / counter point. However, it seemed more of an Internet post or E-mail response than an actual article. But I can't really complain too much... the entire industry of journalism now gets more news from Twitter than it does research and investigation.

Ivan
flarider
4/30/2010 10:31am
CamP wrote:
Cam, I have to disagree
I am not addressing this instance, but many times I have seen stories reported by one outlet refuted and/or proven wrong by another outlet
We see that between Fox News and other outlets like MSNBC and/or CNN

We have seen that in newspapers

It is not unusual

Wrong information is wrong information, and to think the general public is to just accept that incorrect information and no other reporter or outlet can refute the incorrect information is blatantly silly
Matthes
4/30/2010 10:33am
CamP wrote:
Who said I was a real journalist?

For the record, Basher and Zap at MXA are great guys. I'm not sure if either of them wrote this (I highly doubt it) but if they did, I'd tell them they are nuts to their face. As far as Jody, well I would also highly doubt you saw him at any east coast supercrosses. Like, REALLY highly doubt it.

Maybe GuyB or DC could correct me on this.
CamP
4/30/2010 10:40am
CamP wrote:
Matthes wrote:
Who said I was a real journalist? For the record, Basher and Zap at MXA are great guys. I'm not sure if either of them wrote...

For the record, Basher and Zap at MXA are great guys. I'm not sure if either of them wrote this (I highly doubt it) but if they did, I'd tell them they are nuts to their face. As far as Jody, well I would also highly doubt you saw him at any east coast supercrosses. Like, REALLY highly doubt it.

Maybe it was Jody's evil twin. Jody is fairly distinctive looking and I'm pretty damn sure it was him that I saw from two feet away.

CamP
4/30/2010 10:44am
CamP wrote:
flarider wrote:
Cam, I have to disagree I am not addressing this instance, but many times I have seen stories reported by one outlet refuted and/or proven wrong...
Cam, I have to disagree
I am not addressing this instance, but many times I have seen stories reported by one outlet refuted and/or proven wrong by another outlet
We see that between Fox News and other outlets like MSNBC and/or CNN

We have seen that in newspapers

It is not unusual

Wrong information is wrong information, and to think the general public is to just accept that incorrect information and no other reporter or outlet can refute the incorrect information is blatantly silly
These are opinion pieces, not reports of fact. I never see one paper trying to refute another paper's op-ed pieces. The closest to that is "Point, Counterpoint" every Sunday morning, where open dialog and debate is the point of the show.
txmxer
4/30/2010 11:05am
It's an interesting take. I'd have to agree that it's not "journalism."

On the other hand, I can't really say that the MXA article is journalism either. It's an op-ed piece and that makes Matthes story a rebuttal.

This kind of back and forth is common amongst op-ed writers, or was back in the newspaper heyday.

If the two items had appeared on an independent site (neither Matthes site nor, MXA's)...maybe a Vital Industry Editorial page??? it would have been more appropriate.

sorry...industree.

SRP33
4/30/2010 11:12am
Personally I can care less about the stupid shit like who said what and where leave that stuff to the fake news on TV
all I know is that there is a USGP and that is cool if none of the top guys race it well thats the way it is but maybe one day when they are retired they may look back and say damm maybe I should have added a GP to my resume but who cares I don't
Glen Helen looks awesome I am sure the GP guys are excited to race in the States and race that track so good for them. Those 2 young kids must be so pumped to go ride glen Helen because if you are a racer anywhere in the world thats a track you wan to race at
Unadailla and Budds are the other just because of the history

WORCSRacer
4/30/2010 11:17am Edited Date/Time 4/30/2010 11:21am
CamP wrote:
Matthes wrote:
Who said I was a real journalist? For the record, Basher and Zap at MXA are great guys. I'm not sure if either of them wrote...

I will only speak for myself but I do know that high ranking factory officials I that talked to don't consider you a real journalist, so your safe there.

What's the point anyway? You disagree with MXA's position? Like you have Indisputable facts? Seems to me you have "factual errors" in your opinion Rebuttal piece too.

i.e I don't think Scott Whipple over at Canidae would agree with you that he's not a Title sponsor of that Suzuki team. Further more the correct name of the Teka Suzuki effort is: Rockstat Teka Suzuki....

Damn those glass houses!!
agency399
4/30/2010 11:19am
I am confused.......is all of this over dirtbike racing?
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
4/30/2010 11:26am
CamP wrote:
Matthes wrote:

WORCSRacer wrote:
I will only speak for myself but I do know that high ranking factory officials I that talked to don't consider you a real journalist, so...
I will only speak for myself but I do know that high ranking factory officials I that talked to don't consider you a real journalist, so your safe there.

What's the point anyway? You disagree with MXA's position? Like you have Indisputable facts? Seems to me you have "factual errors" in your opinion Rebuttal piece too.

i.e I don't think Scott Whipple over at Canidae would agree with you that he's not a Title sponsor of that Suzuki team. Further more the correct name of the Teka Suzuki effort is: Rockstat Teka Suzuki....

the team name is Rockstar Suzuki, it is not canidae, that is why there logo is only on the front fender.

As a side note, I really dont think Pulp is for journalism, it is Matthes personal website
4/30/2010 11:34am
Matthes wrote:

You wouldn't have that problem if MXA started sticking the author's name on their opinion pieces.

My favorite part:

"Can they afford to have the KTM 350SXF look unbeatable on USA soil?"

Better tell Metcalfe to stop showing up when Mikey is racing, then.
CamP
4/30/2010 11:37am
Zap probably wrote it.
WORCSRacer
4/30/2010 11:38am
Matthes wrote:

WORCSRacer wrote:
I will only speak for myself but I do know that high ranking factory officials I that talked to don't consider you a real journalist, so...

the team name is Rockstar Suzuki, it is not canidae, that is why there logo is only on the front fender. As a side note, I...
the team name is Rockstar Suzuki, it is not canidae, that is why there logo is only on the front fender.

As a side note, I really dont think Pulp is for journalism, it is Matthes personal website
In the spirit of accuracy the team name is "Rockstar Suzuki/Canidae Pet Food"...
txrider44
4/30/2010 11:38am
From http://www.canidaeracing.com/

"CANIDAE® All Natural Pet Foods is a proud sponsor of the Rockstar Energy/Suzuki/CANIDAE Pet Foods team for the 2010 Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship Series, and the Lucas Oil AMA Pro Motocross Championship Series."

mxlarge.com

"Motocross teams Rockstar Teka Suzuki World MX1 and Teka Suzuki Europe World MX2"

Rockstar doesnt sponsor the mx2 team because Roczen is a redbull rider.
Matthes
4/30/2010 11:41am
WORCSRacer wrote:

Well I'm glad we're on the same page then!

When these managers call me back for interviews, podcasts, to bullshit and let me into their trucks, I'll be sure to remember that they don't think I'm a real journalist.

Please point out to me, anywhere you can, that the old Canidae Suzuki team is NOT called Rockstar Suzuki with Canidae now an associate sponsor. I'll be waiting...

What does me not calling Teka by their name have anything to do with anything. I never wrote that I knew what their official name was.

I'm just calling it like it is and that story is full of holes. I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm going to enjoy the GP with all of you but let's call a spade a spade here.
Fuzion
4/30/2010 11:47am
Matthes wrote:
Well I'm glad we're on the same page then! When these managers call me back for interviews, podcasts, to bullshit and let me into their trucks...
Well I'm glad we're on the same page then!

When these managers call me back for interviews, podcasts, to bullshit and let me into their trucks, I'll be sure to remember that they don't think I'm a real journalist.

Please point out to me, anywhere you can, that the old Canidae Suzuki team is NOT called Rockstar Suzuki with Canidae now an associate sponsor. I'll be waiting...

What does me not calling Teka by their name have anything to do with anything. I never wrote that I knew what their official name was.

I'm just calling it like it is and that story is full of holes. I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm going to enjoy the GP with all of you but let's call a spade a spade here.
Thanks for the article Steve!

Real journalist or not, you speak your mind and give another perspective to your reporting. (another perspective meaning no BS and sugar coating teams and sponsors, etc).

I've read somewhere that entre fee's for GP's is $20 000 per rider per event, is that true?

If so, how can MXA suggest that all privateers should try to race, somewhat expensive IMO... I may be wrong so some clarification could help

Thanks!!!!!
RACEGUY
4/30/2010 11:51am
Matthes wrote:

WORCSRacer wrote:

the team name is Rockstar Suzuki, it is not canidae, that is why there logo is only on the front fender. As a side note, I...

PERSONAL site unaffiliated with any magazine.

Zookrider, whatchoo doin' comin' in here clouding things up with facts.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
4/30/2010 11:51am Edited Date/Time 4/30/2010 11:51am
WORCSRacer wrote:

WORCSRacer wrote:
In the spirit of accuracy the team name is "Rockstar Suzuki/Canidae Pet Food"...
Id be pissed if I were them, as Canidae is mentioned maybe half of the time
flarider
4/30/2010 11:52am
I believe the $20K entry fee is for the season
Prepaid

Post a reply to: MXA Gone Wacky

The Latest