Kyle Chisholm - Factory Fill In Ride?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/28/2018 9:50 AM

Factory Yamaha passed up Chiz for Alex Ray. He is usually the top privateer every week and has never got that chance to be on a factory bike. KTM or Honda should look in to it for the rest of the outdoor season.

|

5/28/2018 9:55 AM

That’s an interesting pick—not a name that immediately came to mind, but I have to agree, I think he’d represent well. Is he riding for 51Fifty or out on his own this summer?

|

5/28/2018 10:22 AM

Graybeard wrote:

That’s an interesting pick—not a name that immediately came to mind, but I have to agree, I think he’d represent well. Is he riding for 51Fifty or out on his own this summer?

Hes basically riding for the team minus the rig. Team is helping with his bike and parts mechanic etc. Just not going to have the semi at the races.

|

5/28/2018 10:37 AM

Why dont we just give everyone a Factory ride?

If I were one of the big wigs making a decision it would be either Alessi, M. Stewart, or Reed.

Reed and Stewart would be more for marketing purposes/to put someone on a bike. If I can't get a former factory rider Im not going to sign someone to roll around in 12th-20th. Alessi I think could get a few top 5's with a good start. I would be surprised if alessi didnt get top 10 in most motos.

|

5/28/2018 10:38 AM

I believe it was SX only and the first 2 outdoors. Doing the rest of outdoors as a privateer with a little help from the team. A factory fill-in ride would be a great opportunity for Chiz.

|

5/28/2018 10:40 AM

mx 219 wrote:

If I were one of the big wigs making a decision it would be either Alessi, M. Stewart, or Reed.

Reed and Stewart would be more for marketing purposes/to put someone on a bike. If I can't get a former factory rider Im not going to sign someone to roll around in 12th-20th. Alessi I think could get a few top 5's with a good start. I would be surprised if alessi didnt get top 10 in most motos.

0% of the riders you just named are willing or able to ride US outdoors.

|

5/28/2018 10:41 AM

Kyle finished 9th OA this weekend.

|

5/28/2018 10:44 AM

mx 219 wrote:

early wrote:

0% of the riders you just named are willing or able to ride US outdoors.

Yeah, I haven't heard much about alessi lately and wondered why.

I would think he would be interested in riding if he was given a ride, but maybe not. I saw he never really did great in Canada, so maybe he would struggle here. I still think he would be a better rider than Chisholm though.

Mookie acts interested, but highly doubt he is. i thought I read Reed was somewhat interested in riding the nationals with a factory bike but maybe that wasnt true.

|

5/28/2018 10:52 AM

mx 219 wrote:

Yeah, I haven't heard much about alessi lately and wondered why.

I would think he would be interested in riding if he was given a ride, but maybe not. I saw he never really did great in Canada, so maybe he would struggle here. I still think he would be a better rider than Chisholm though.

Mookie acts interested, but highly doubt he is. i thought I read Reed was somewhat interested in riding the nationals with a factory bike but maybe that wasnt true.

Alessia was signed to race in Canada. They actually have a pretty competitive top 10 up there at least for the first round (results below).

Chad and Malcolm would both benefit by putting in a solid outdoor effort. But Chad would rather go enjoy his fame vacationing in Europe and Macolm would rather fish it seems.

Photo

|

5/28/2018 10:57 AM

The Chiz has had a factory ride. He was Stewarts teammate at L&M Yamaha

|

5/28/2018 11:02 AM

I like Chiz, but he had his shot. I don't know why everyone is panning Ray. Yamaha is exploring his upside, he was right behind Chiz in moto 2 when he didn't fall, he's just returning from injury, and Yamaha gets some extra exposure from PulpMX with ARay.

Alex has been training and deserves a shot. I can't believe how many people are so negative about it.

|

5/28/2018 11:53 AM

Crisp BRAAAP! wrote:

I like Chiz, but he had his shot. I don't know why everyone is panning Ray. Yamaha is exploring his upside, he was right behind Chiz in moto 2 when he didn't fall, he's just returning from injury, and Yamaha gets some extra exposure from PulpMX with ARay.

Alex has been training and deserves a shot. I can't believe how many people are so negative about it.

Personally I think Henry Miller should have been given the shot over A. Ray but that's just me.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

5/28/2018 11:57 AM

Zycki11 wrote:

The Chiz has had a factory ride. He was Stewarts teammate at L&M Yamaha

Yeah in 2009....his 2nd full year as a professional. And that was SX only which he raced that year with no ACL. Yet year after year he is right there around 10th place no matter who shows up. At least you know Chiz is willing to go out and do it on his own and isnt going to give up. His fitness is there and he will complete every lap of every moto for the most part.

|

5/28/2018 12:04 PM

As the series goes east you’ll see Chiz under the 3D awning.

|

5/28/2018 12:40 PM

GuyB wrote:

As the series goes east you’ll see Chiz under the 3D awning.

Started working on that at Vegas

|

5/28/2018 1:07 PM

A-Ray's ride is only guaranteed for two more rounds (when Coop comes back, the fill-in is over). In Kyle's case it wouldn't be good to shun support for a few rounds just to ride the factory bike, then have to go back and ask for that support to get through the rest of the series. Being loyal to sponsors and supporters is important.

|

5/28/2018 1:09 PM

Crisp BRAAAP! wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Personally I think Henry Miller should have been given the shot over A. Ray but that's just me.

Henry had some great rides last year and is definitely worthy of a shot. He probably should be in front of ARay, but Alex gets Pulp love so maybe the exposure is better for Yamaha.

Either way, I like that Yamaha is exploring the upside of riders that are true privateers instead of giving it to riders on the downside of their careers.

|

5/28/2018 1:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/28/2018 1:21 PM

Crisp BRAAAP! wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Crisp BRAAAP! wrote:

Henry had some great rides last year and is definitely worthy of a shot. He probably should be in front of ARay, but Alex gets Pulp love so maybe the exposure is better for Yamaha.

Either way, I like that Yamaha is exploring the upside of riders that are true privateers instead of giving it to riders on the downside of their careers.

I sort of agree with what you're saying. It's great that they're giving someone new a shot however there's something to be said about guys that are on the downside of their career. They already have a following, been there and done that, and the teams know exactly what they're going to get.

I saw that A. Ray has got 4 seasons of SX under his belt but absolutely no results outdoors. How come it's his first year of racing outdoors? Seems to me like he should have given them a go a couple years back.

As for Pulp, I have no idea. I don't listen to podcasts.

Edit: I saw that he raced outdoors. Racer X vault only shows his SX results unless you click individual races. I see outdoors results listed under there.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

5/28/2018 1:32 PM

maybe Yamaha wanted to test out some new clutch plates silly

|