Josiah Natzke interview

Rotaholic
Edited Date/Time 7/13/2022 2:53pm
Great interview by SML, please reach out to Josiah if you can help this kid this summer.

https://youtu.be/nlBa9dQj3ZA
|
bens152
6/16/2022 2:52pm
He did well second moto and Thunder Valley, was hoping for a little screen time. Good to see a kiwi out there mixing it up.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
6/16/2022 3:28pm
Hope he can get a decent ride. He was impressive last weekend. First moto came from last to 17th. 2nd moto 11th beating multiple factory guys on a stock 250 at altitude

7 years ago

MXMattii
6/16/2022 3:34pm Edited Date/Time 6/16/2022 3:57pm
Mitch should try him out, I mean what has he to lose?! As team owner and team manager you want a rider who has grit and fighting spirit. I've met Joshua in Belgium when he was in Everts KTM Youth team. He and his mecanic shared a trailer, as basic as it gets. In his first race me and my brother where laughing with him because he wasn't doing well in Mons/Bergen his results where decent 3-3 but he was 6 seconds a lap slower then Cyril Genot. Few months later he sixth and third in Lommel!! He's a hard working dude, who can still become a champ with the right guidance.
6/16/2022 4:15pm Edited Date/Time 6/16/2022 4:16pm
MXMattii wrote:
Mitch should try him out, I mean what has he to lose?! As team owner and team manager you want a rider who has grit and...
Mitch should try him out, I mean what has he to lose?! As team owner and team manager you want a rider who has grit and fighting spirit. I've met Joshua in Belgium when he was in Everts KTM Youth team. He and his mecanic shared a trailer, as basic as it gets. In his first race me and my brother where laughing with him because he wasn't doing well in Mons/Bergen his results where decent 3-3 but he was 6 seconds a lap slower then Cyril Genot. Few months later he sixth and third in Lommel!! He's a hard working dude, who can still become a champ with the right guidance.
I thought Mitch should throw him a bike too. He’d run around 5th I’d guess as he’d get better starts, and he sure has the speed to run there.

The Shop

thorns
6/16/2022 4:29pm
Be cool to see him get some support and have a strong season, always seemed to have a lot of potential in his younger years.

What happened to Dylan Walsh? Was he only there for the first coupe of rounds? Looked on his instagram but no mention of anything since hangtown.
6/16/2022 5:45pm
Walsh has gone back to UK to ride british 250 championship this weekend, not sure if coming back to USA.
bowl
6/16/2022 7:29pm
MXMattii wrote:
Mitch should try him out, I mean what has he to lose?! As team owner and team manager you want a rider who has grit and...
I thought Mitch should throw him a bike too. He’d run around 5th I’d guess as he’d get better starts, and he sure has the speed...
I thought Mitch should throw him a bike too. He’d run around 5th I’d guess as he’d get better starts, and he sure has the speed to run there.
5th unlikely maybe 11th
jazza167
Fantasy
4010th
6/16/2022 9:25pm
Josiah has some serious speed, went toe to toe with prado in emx125 all while living on the other side of the world as a 16 year old kid.. if I’m not mistaken. Give him a good bike and a run at the whole series I think he could be close to top 5.
6/16/2022 9:58pm
MXMattii wrote:
I thought Mitch should throw him a bike too. He’d run around 5th I’d guess as he’d get better starts, and he sure has the speed...
bowl wrote:
5th unlikely maybe 11th
He got 11th on a stocker out of van
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
6/16/2022 10:18pm
Flicked him some money this morning. He’s a good kid and has shown some heart in the past few weeks
bowl
6/16/2022 10:31pm
bowl wrote:
5th unlikely maybe 11th
Got passed and gapped by another privateer Derek Kelly and he beat him by 20 plus seconds.
He was over a minute behind 5 th place.
Since he moved 250 few years ago was reports of bad work ethic on the trainning track and that's why he got dropped.( plus injury poor results)
Hopefully his turned the corner, guess time will tell.
6/16/2022 10:44pm
bowl wrote:
5th unlikely maybe 11th
bowl wrote:
Got passed and gapped by another privateer Derek Kelly and he beat him by 20 plus seconds. He was over a minute behind 5 th place...
Got passed and gapped by another privateer Derek Kelly and he beat him by 20 plus seconds.
Since he moved 250 few years ago was reports of bad work ethic on the trainning track and that's why he got dropped.( plus injury poor results)
Derek ridden that track before and on a stocker?
Derek does well not to detract from him.
6/16/2022 10:55pm
scott_nz wrote:
Flicked him some money this morning. He’s a good kid and has shown some heart in the past few weeks
Sounds like a great idea, do you have a link?
romain524
6/16/2022 11:24pm
bowl wrote:
5th unlikely maybe 11th
bowl wrote:
Got passed and gapped by another privateer Derek Kelly and he beat him by 20 plus seconds. He was over a minute behind 5 th place...
Derek is a hard worker that’s for sure and is doing really good this year but their equipment are night and day different! AEO uses factory services engine so it’s pretty close to what Vohland was racing with last year and the bike has A-kit and a bunch of great parts.
Josiah been doing really good with what he has and deserve a full-in at a factory team. He seems to be a better mindset now that he was used to. He was working but mostly rode on talent in Europe.

Another guy that been a little surprising was Romain Pape out of France! Took a few weeks off from his fulltime job (install equipment for pork farms) to come race the first 3 rounds on a stock Kawi aswell. He finished 17th second moto at thunder valley. He never been a top guy at the French championship either, he won the “B” 250 class title before though.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
6/16/2022 11:52pm Edited Date/Time 6/16/2022 11:55pm
thorns wrote:
Be cool to see him get some support and have a strong season, always seemed to have a lot of potential in his younger years. What...
Be cool to see him get some support and have a strong season, always seemed to have a lot of potential in his younger years.

What happened to Dylan Walsh? Was he only there for the first coupe of rounds? Looked on his instagram but no mention of anything since hangtown.
Back on British duty I think
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
6/16/2022 11:54pm
scott_nz wrote:
Sounds like a great idea, do you have a link?
I Message him and got his Nz bank account so was easy for me , message him on fb or insti and he will tell you how , I can forward you his Nz bank account if he doesn’t reply
6/17/2022 5:32am
forgot that name, he raced the british series a few years ago then never heard of him again
6/17/2022 5:44am
last time i remember his he had a falling out with the dave thorpe honda squad back in 2018 and quit the team
6/17/2022 5:52am
scott_nz wrote:
Hey Scott do you have a contact for him. Would like to do the same. I’m not on social.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
6/17/2022 12:21pm
scott_nz wrote:
Hey Scott do you have a contact for him. Would like to do the same. I’m not on social.
I only have social media contact, I have DM'd you his NZ bank account number,
MXMattii
6/17/2022 2:55pm Edited Date/Time 6/17/2022 3:02pm
bowl wrote:
5th unlikely maybe 11th
bowl wrote:
For people knowing Josiah it's clear that he needs people like Stefan and to be more concrete: Harry Everts to kick his ass day in and day out. He showed his best results when he was in their boat and I know they are running a tight ship! They aren't scared to send you away when you are there cutting corners, they booted Hunter Lawrence out their trainings group because he was relaying to much on his talent back at Suzuki. So the fact that Josiah Natzke made such a big progress but didn't continue growing when he didn't worked with Harry Everts anymore makes me believe that he needs someone who gives him the needed guidance.

Mitch isn't screwing around either, so it could work! He's still only about 22 years of age and has already a ton of experiences!

Edit: He becomes 24 years old at the end of the year.
6/17/2022 3:45pm
Josiah and Tayla stayed at my house for a couple of days this week. Last time he was here was 13 years ago and headed for LLs. He got to ride and just sit still for a bit, then more driving to Mt. Morris. Laid some cash on him to help the cause. Hope he gets a top 10 this week. Good kid.
6/17/2022 11:03pm
I remember Josiah being pretty damn good in EMX125 but when he went up to EMX250 he’s results dive bombed. At that time he was riding for Red Bull KTM with Prado as his teammate.
bens152
6/17/2022 11:42pm
Thanks to those sending some cash his way! So cool having a kiwi to cheer for. A different perspective can be helpful for a kid. Glad he took some time to step back and enjoy being young. Seems hungrier than ever now.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
6/18/2022 10:54am
Another 11th ahead of a heap of factory bikes.
karsmakers
6/18/2022 12:13pm
He is doing great but there are 7-8 fast guys who arehurt who are taking up some team spots. I guess a team could give him a bike until they are healthy enough to race but that's not as easy as it would seem. If he keeps up the progress he could earn a position for next year. Can he ride supercross or is a MX only guy? If he can't be competitive in supercross his team options will be limited
6/19/2022 5:59am
karsmakers wrote:
He is doing great but there are 7-8 fast guys who arehurt who are taking up some team spots. I guess a team could give him...
He is doing great but there are 7-8 fast guys who arehurt who are taking up some team spots. I guess a team could give him a bike until they are healthy enough to race but that's not as easy as it would seem. If he keeps up the progress he could earn a position for next year. Can he ride supercross or is a MX only guy? If he can't be competitive in supercross his team options will be limited
This old chestnut!

Everyone said that about Coty Shock last year too…
Brent
6/19/2022 11:22am
I remember Josiah being pretty damn good in EMX125 but when he went up to EMX250 he’s results dive bombed. At that time he was riding...
I remember Josiah being pretty damn good in EMX125 but when he went up to EMX250 he’s results dive bombed. At that time he was riding for Red Bull KTM with Prado as his teammate.
He got hurt

Post a reply to: Josiah Natzke interview

The Latest