Jo Shimoda merch

B Gotti
Fantasy
4205th
Edited Date/Time 9/14/2022 4:33pm
Looking for some Jo merch. Where can I find it? Not having much luck.
|
AH387
9/13/2022 8:58am
While it's technically not "Shimoda merch" if you go on Mototees site, they have left-over event tees from Pala 2, which featured Shimodo as the rider.

The Shop

KONG
9/13/2022 11:15am
I've got what you need.
Laughing

Eagle_70
9/13/2022 1:12pm Edited Date/Time 9/13/2022 1:23pm
__bgreene wrote:
The whole merch situation for this sport is a joke.
It's honestly ridiculous; riders like Jett and Deano should be the norm not the exceptions. So many riders are leaving money on the table by not working on their brand.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/13/2022 1:39pm
__bgreene wrote:
Eagle_70 wrote:
It's honestly ridiculous; riders like Jett and Deano should be the norm not the exceptions. So many riders are leaving money on the table by not...
It's honestly ridiculous; riders like Jett and Deano should be the norm not the exceptions. So many riders are leaving money on the table by not working on their brand.
They are not leaving any money on the table if they don't have a brand to begin with.
9/13/2022 1:44pm
__bgreene wrote:
Eagle_70 wrote:
It's honestly ridiculous; riders like Jett and Deano should be the norm not the exceptions. So many riders are leaving money on the table by not...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
They are not leaving any money on the table if they don't have a brand to begin with.
And yet Kevin Moranz still out there hustlin' bucks wherever he can.
KONG
9/13/2022 1:51pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
C'mon, I'm sure he even uses Ogio bags like everyone else!
Laughing

Eagle_70
9/13/2022 2:50pm
__bgreene wrote:
Eagle_70 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
They do all have a brand though, cause they are the brand. They could do 0 outward promotion and still have a brand just from riding a dirt bike. That being said, some of them take advantage of it more than others, which is what I'm getting at. Merch not only helps the riders earn money (and subsequently makes them more marketable to sponsors), but also gives fans a way to support riders more directly. Especially with social media, it just makes 0 sense in my opinion for these factory guys to not be taking advantage.
sandman768
9/13/2022 2:57pm
If he slams the shit out of one of the Lawrence bros. I will buy whatever he is selling…
aeffertz
9/13/2022 3:25pm
Eagle_70 wrote:
Selling print-on-demand clothing does not make you much money at all, unless you sell a T-shirt for $40+ Which will out off most people. To make clothing merch profitable you need to order in bulk and deal with stocking it yourself. A bit of a gamble for not much reward considering they can’t sell merch on site at the races.

From a branding perspective, I agree they should all do something but it isn’t a massive money maker like you’re insinuating unless they go full in and do it properly which is an investment.
crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
9/13/2022 4:13pm
AH387 wrote:
While it's technically not "Shimoda merch" if you go on Mototees site, they have left-over event tees from Pala 2, which featured Shimodo as the rider.
Is Mototee’s still just a trailer full of ugly shirts? I haven’t stopped by there in decades. Last time I didn’t see one shirt I’d wear in a public setting.

I can’t believe riders STILL aren’t allowed to sell merch out of their pits.
AH387
9/13/2022 4:35pm
crowe660 wrote:
Is Mototee’s still just a trailer full of ugly shirts? I haven’t stopped by there in decades. Last time I didn’t see one shirt I’d wear...
Is Mototee’s still just a trailer full of ugly shirts? I haven’t stopped by there in decades. Last time I didn’t see one shirt I’d wear in a public setting.

The first part of the question, I can't answer for you as that is subjective.

The 2nd part, there is a lot more flexibility with the riders now, than people give them credit for. And to be honest, these days with social media, riders can sell their though their own sites and social media, so I think that subject is way blown out of proportion. Regardless of that, Jett, Eli, Deegan, Cairoli and many others have their own supplied designs in the Event trailers and a fair deal was made for the riders. It's nowhere near how it was back then, with the riders being pushed around on that stuff.

And aeffertz makes very valid points. A lot of people just simply off the mark on how that whole thing works.
9/13/2022 4:36pm Edited Date/Time 9/13/2022 6:38pm
crowe660 wrote:
Is Mototee’s still just a trailer full of ugly shirts? I haven’t stopped by there in decades. Last time I didn’t see one shirt I’d wear...

AH387 wrote:
The first part of the question, I can't answer for you as that is subjective. The 2nd part, there is a lot more flexibility with the...
The first part of the question, I can't answer for you as that is subjective.

The 2nd part, there is a lot more flexibility with the riders now, than people give them credit for. And to be honest, these days with social media, riders can sell their though their own sites and social media, so I think that subject is way blown out of proportion. Regardless of that, Jett, Eli, Deegan, Cairoli and many others have their own supplied designs in the Event trailers and a fair deal was made for the riders. It's nowhere near how it was back then, with the riders being pushed around on that stuff.

And aeffertz makes very valid points. A lot of people just simply off the mark on how that whole thing works.
I can answer the first part: They are still a bunch of goofball composite photos with big impact lettering across the top.

Regard to the second part: I have sold a whole shitload of merch for small touring acts. For the little guy, It is very easy to sell merch face-to-face. And it is pretty much impossible once you put it behind a retail counter.

Joe Privateer can have dozens of folks gladly drop on merch, if it is sitting right there when they meet him. But they will not stand in a 30 minute line to get Joe Privateer merchandise from some random schmoe.

That's because merch purchases at that level aren't a normal commodity transaction of goods. They are a form of interpersonal communication -- a basic show of support and solidarity that one can't personally convey to the MotoTees trailer guy.
SEEMEFIRST
9/13/2022 5:04pm
Drag racers, sprint car guys, boat racers, all sell shit in their pits.
AH387
9/13/2022 7:10pm
I can answer the first part: They are still a bunch of goofball composite photos with big impact lettering across the top. Regard to the second...
I can answer the first part: They are still a bunch of goofball composite photos with big impact lettering across the top.

Regard to the second part: I have sold a whole shitload of merch for small touring acts. For the little guy, It is very easy to sell merch face-to-face. And it is pretty much impossible once you put it behind a retail counter.

Joe Privateer can have dozens of folks gladly drop on merch, if it is sitting right there when they meet him. But they will not stand in a 30 minute line to get Joe Privateer merchandise from some random schmoe.

That's because merch purchases at that level aren't a normal commodity transaction of goods. They are a form of interpersonal communication -- a basic show of support and solidarity that one can't personally convey to the MotoTees trailer guy.
Somewhat valid points, at least on the surface. But a lot of this I could counter with specific examples but it's really not my place to say and I am not going to name riders to prove a point. But there are things with the situation that unless you are involved with the situation, you don't really know everything that goes on. It's easy to make assumptions or point the finger without knowing such things. All I'm saying is things have become a lot more relaxed and flexible to help the riders, big picture.

As far as the original topic. Here is the shirt. I have not seen any Shimoda-specific items, unless maybe Pro Circuit has something? I checked his Instagram and did not see any links to any store for personal merch.

731chopper
Fantasy
355th
9/13/2022 10:13pm Edited Date/Time 9/13/2022 10:13pm
Somebody with some cartoonist skills needs to draw him riding his bike looking like the shredder with “Jo Shimoda is… THE SHREDDER!” in some cool typeface. Please and thank you.
lukaitis9
9/14/2022 6:43am
The whole merch thing is interesting to me from a business perspective.

Here is a strange question. Team Fried is Jason Anderson's deal with Matt and Tom, but there are no JA21 shirts in the line.

Curious about what the reasoning is behind that? More long-term after moto? Just thinking...
AH387
9/14/2022 7:02am
lukaitis9 wrote:
The whole merch thing is interesting to me from a business perspective. Here is a strange question. Team Fried is Jason Anderson's deal with Matt and...

Here is a strange question. Team Fried is Jason Anderson's deal with Matt and Tom, but there are no JA21 shirts in the line.

Curious about what the reasoning is behind that? More long-term after moto? Just thinking...
I can't speak for JA but I think in general a lot of the guys try to build their brand and not have a bike on it or anything. Because at that point, it just looks like every other bike shirt, whether it be an event tee, regular rider shirt or even a MX Brand like Pro Circuit etc shirt that features a bike. Jett's merch this year has no pictures of him riding. It's just logo based, or the doughnut stuff. There is even a Nascar type of shirt where it's a racecar that is painted up in his theme. So I think it's trying to reach a more broad audience than just making it a "dirt bike shirt."
lukaitis9
9/14/2022 4:33pm
lukaitis9 wrote:
The whole merch thing is interesting to me from a business perspective. Here is a strange question. Team Fried is Jason Anderson's deal with Matt and...

AH387 wrote:
I can't speak for JA but I think in general a lot of the guys try to build their brand and not have a bike on...
I can't speak for JA but I think in general a lot of the guys try to build their brand and not have a bike on it or anything. Because at that point, it just looks like every other bike shirt, whether it be an event tee, regular rider shirt or even a MX Brand like Pro Circuit etc shirt that features a bike. Jett's merch this year has no pictures of him riding. It's just logo based, or the doughnut stuff. There is even a Nascar type of shirt where it's a racecar that is painted up in his theme. So I think it's trying to reach a more broad audience than just making it a "dirt bike shirt."
It makes sense, but nothing with his name or number at all.

He's got good people around him, so I imagine it is a conscious decision, just strange to me.

Post a reply to: Jo Shimoda merch

The Latest