Jimmy D

Edited Date/Time 5/23/2013 9:57am
Just wondered why there is no posts about how well he is doing in the gp's
|
Lamecake
5/22/2013 1:48am
Yeah he managed to get passed by brazilian riders last gp's i think. And al the americans were so convinced he would get top 5. I mean the MX2 GP field is just plain crap. absolutely no talent there.
5/22/2013 1:54am
Yeah I know how many points has he scored so far about 5? mx2 is so shit there's only herlings that's any good and he wouldn't even be top 5 in the mighty USA I wish some more Americans would grace the European soil to show us how to race
kongols
5/22/2013 1:56am
I would not want to be in his shoes. Nope.

The Shop

Sunhouse
5/22/2013 2:22am
You`re using a blue whale as bait...

With that said, when signing US riders to ride GP`s it is a wise idea to sign a rider who isn`t known for riding as American as it gets (i.e. flat out, throttle pinned) GP tracks are just not like that. They are slower and harder to ride than just sheer momentum/speed as you see with most US national tracks.

Anyway, I hope he can score some points soon. If not it will scare other US riders from trying the GP`s later.
BKoonts
5/22/2013 2:39am
Don't think it will be long before he's off back to America
If you are really a fan of the sport you'll rise above the petty USA vs. everyone else nonsense and root for all of the guys who are tough enough to do this for a living. Don't be so angry. Your anti American stance makes you look as small minded as the jackasses that you rant against.
mmcmx
5/22/2013 3:30am Edited Date/Time 5/22/2013 3:31am
I for one wish he puts it together. Think he is improving.

Oh, and the fact you don't know their names doesnt mean some Brazilian riders can't be fast, dont make the same mistake the yanks do with the GP's
burnside
5/22/2013 3:35am
What kind of results was he getting in the Nationals?

I think you need to commit 100% to Europe like Osbourne did to make it work, rather than a safety blanket if theres no offers in the States. I can't see any last minute fill in riders doing well in their first few races. Esp for the guys that end up on teams in non-English speaking countries. Must be so much to adjust to off the track.

Puts Roczen's rookie US season into perspective doesn't it?
5/22/2013 3:49am
Don't wanna judge quality of the gp's and the AMA races just from the results Jimmy has made in Europe so far. But to me, it seems like the top guys in US and in Europe are on the similar level. If you're not the top rider at home soil you can't be top rider elsewhere...
5/22/2013 3:59am
I thought he'd do a lot better to be fair but like the guy said above tracks are so different I hope he does better so more Americans do come over
JB 19
5/22/2013 4:05am
Just wondered why there is no posts about how well he is doing in the gp's
MX Des Nations was seven months ago......little late to the American bashing party. Try to keep up.
5/22/2013 4:14am
Since when was he at the nations or anything in this post about the nations. I know you Americans can't let it go cause you all got spanked but don't discuss the nations on my post about something else
Huckster
5/22/2013 4:17am Edited Date/Time 5/22/2013 4:22am
I thought he'd do a lot better to be fair but like the guy said above tracks are so different I hope he does better so...
I thought he'd do a lot better to be fair but like the guy said above tracks are so different I hope he does better so more Americans do come over
Just curious why you thought he would do better? Was it based off his results in the US Nationals series where his best finish was outside the top 15? Or was it his stealer career average of 23rd place over the course of his entire career in the Nationals. Or maybe it was the fact that he sat out the entire nationals last year with an injury and you expected him to be well rested?
5/22/2013 4:26am
Well the only decent rider in mx2 is herlings so I based it on that as America has better riders I don't follow American mx really
Huckster
5/22/2013 4:31am
Well the only decent rider in mx2 is herlings so I based it on that as America has better riders I don't follow American mx really
so you based YOUR thoughts on the idea the USA has BETTER riders? interesting..... Not disagreeing with you but Jimmy D is not one of them. He is at best a Mid pack guy in the nationals as shown by his career results. Throw in foreign countries, new/different tracks, a new bike and no surprise to most at how he is doing....
JB 19
5/22/2013 5:12am
Since when was he at the nations or anything in this post about the nations. I know you Americans can't let it go cause you all...
Since when was he at the nations or anything in this post about the nations. I know you Americans can't let it go cause you all got spanked but don't discuss the nations on my post about something else
Hey dipshit, you're making everyone from Great Britain look like low class jackholes.

BTW, that Swanepole guy really got it handed to him at Hangtown........see what I did there?
vlh
5/22/2013 5:24am
Don't wanna judge quality of the gp's and the AMA races just from the results Jimmy has made in Europe so far. But to me, it...
Don't wanna judge quality of the gp's and the AMA races just from the results Jimmy has made in Europe so far. But to me, it seems like the top guys in US and in Europe are on the similar level. If you're not the top rider at home soil you can't be top rider elsewhere...
Are you kidding me, JD's best ama US national results was a 17th on his home track which he has ridden 300+ times. He will never make it in the GP's.

To say the top guys in the US and Europe are on a Similar Level again you are nuts. It is Safe to say that if Osbourne was in the MX2 class this year he would be in the top 3 each week. He will be lucky to finish inside the top 10 in America.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
5/22/2013 5:32am
vlh wrote:
Are you kidding me, JD's best ama US national results was a 17th on his home track which he has ridden 300+ times. He will never...
Are you kidding me, JD's best ama US national results was a 17th on his home track which he has ridden 300+ times. He will never make it in the GP's.

To say the top guys in the US and Europe are on a Similar Level again you are nuts. It is Safe to say that if Osbourne was in the MX2 class this year he would be in the top 3 each week. He will be lucky to finish inside the top 10 in America.
Even though he finished 5th overall on the weekend
vlh
5/22/2013 5:41am
vlh wrote:
Are you kidding me, JD's best ama US national results was a 17th on his home track which he has ridden 300+ times. He will never...

Derpin' DJ wrote:
Sadly yes...9-5 result is might be his best result...rookies hill,webb martin and AC are better riders and will show it by mid season. He will be a 9-9 guy
jamma10
5/22/2013 5:47am
vlh wrote:

Derpin' DJ wrote:
vlh wrote:
Sadly yes...9-5 result is might be his best result...rookies hill,webb martin and AC are better riders and will show it by mid season. He will be...
Sadly yes...9-5 result is might be his best result...rookies hill,webb martin and AC are better riders and will show it by mid season. He will be a 9-9 guy
GrinningGrinningGrinning
JB 19
5/22/2013 5:51am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
You implied a South African is a European?
No......I indirectly stated that a " GP guy" didn't do well at hangtown. I thought British people weren't European? What about Australians if they race in Europe? How about if you were born in Europe, but spent your childhood and adult life in America? Euro? American? Born in the U.S., but moved to Germany? How does this work?

Aren't we all just people? WTF?
fader418
5/22/2013 7:47am
Yeah I know how many points has he scored so far about 5? mx2 is so shit there's only herlings that's any good and he wouldn't...
Yeah I know how many points has he scored so far about 5? mx2 is so shit there's only herlings that's any good and he wouldn't even be top 5 in the mighty USA I wish some more Americans would grace the European soil to show us how to race
Herlings is so fast bro. Thats why he will never race in America. NEVER! Because he is too good.
5/22/2013 7:55am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
You implied a South African is a European?
JB 19 wrote:
No......I indirectly stated that a " GP guy" didn't do well at hangtown. I thought British people weren't European? What about Australians if they race in...
No......I indirectly stated that a " GP guy" didn't do well at hangtown. I thought British people weren't European? What about Australians if they race in Europe? How about if you were born in Europe, but spent your childhood and adult life in America? Euro? American? Born in the U.S., but moved to Germany? How does this work?

Aren't we all just people? WTF?
Swanny won at Southwick a while back didn't he? With all due respect he was a pretty average GP guy and way past his best now

Jimmy Decotis best finish was 9th,I think he's got great potential,and thought he'd be more than dialed in by now,that's one sweet ride,hope things click soon,I like the US guys giving it a go in the GPs,it takes some balls to make the switch any way around

Post a reply to: Jimmy D

The Latest