JS7

fader418
Edited Date/Time 4/8/2013 8:34am
Can we all agree it was never the bike? Still crashes every week....
|
kongols
4/7/2013 8:39am
He`s had 5 crashes this season. It`s less than RV, Canard, Barcia, etc. You see what you want to see.
500guy
4/7/2013 8:40am
Something is going on with James, I have no inside info. He can still run the fastest lap if he chooses,

I'm hoping he stays with it and works through the issues "what ever they are" and comes out the other side like Milsaps has done.

To me he is the most amazing talent on a bike I have ever seen.

But heck yes lets all hound him until he goes away then we can lament on how we miss him.
ATKpilot99
4/7/2013 8:40am
I just hope he stays healthy for the outdoors.

The Shop

gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
4/7/2013 8:45am
All tip over crashes vs many spectacular cartwheel crashes.

Brayton did better on the Honda last year and he was riding injured most of the year.

And Millsaps seems to be doing better also.

The Yamaha might be fine but I think the Suzuki works better for some riders.
jtomasik
4/7/2013 8:46am
kongols wrote:
He`s had 5 crashes this season. It`s less than RV, Canard, Barcia, etc. You see what you want to see.
And all three of those are ahead of JS in points. You might want to take your own comment to heart. Stewart has problems with crashing when the competition is tough. Since entering the big bores, that's the way it's been.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
4/7/2013 8:47am
To be fair, i think i saw a photog in the background. Woohoo
PastranaWho
4/7/2013 8:49am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
I just hope he stays healthy for the outdoors.
X2 . Hope he stays safe and brings it outdooors.
normanmx
4/7/2013 8:49am
He should retire like DW before he risks an important injury,,,Hes got it all and has acomplished everything,,,he can always go to the soap opera life again.
I rather miss him than watch these bad displays. (IMHO)
PastranaWho
4/7/2013 9:05am
normanmx wrote:
He should retire like DW before he risks an important injury,,,Hes got it all and has acomplished everything,,,he can always go to the soap opera life...
He should retire like DW before he risks an important injury,,,Hes got it all and has acomplished everything,,,he can always go to the soap opera life again.
No way JS has another good 2 or 3 years in him.
DonM
4/7/2013 9:14am
It appears that James hurt his right hand in that crash as he was flexing and shaking it, pulled off tried another lap and pulled off flexing his hand. Time will tell...
kongols
4/7/2013 9:16am
DonM wrote:
It appears that James hurt his right hand in that crash as he was flexing and shaking it, pulled off tried another lap and pulled off...
It appears that James hurt his right hand in that crash as he was flexing and shaking it, pulled off tried another lap and pulled off flexing his hand. Time will tell...
He was messing with front brake lever.
goonslurkin316
Fantasy
1212th
4/7/2013 9:24am
I do think bike setup/brand is very important in a rider being comfortable, willing to push, etc. Using that as an excuse I've always thought was garbage to a certain extent. It's not about the bike, this isn't NASCAR. Andrew Short finally showed some people that earlier this year. The different chassis or special new part isn't going to propel a rider from fifth to first. You may say well look at Davi. It wasn't "just" the brand switch that gave him that run then. These bikes are all super fast with extraordinary mechanics behind them. RV could win on anything.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
4/7/2013 9:32am
kongols wrote:
jtomasik wrote:
And all three of those are ahead of JS in points. You might want to take your own comment to heart. Stewart has problems with crashing...
And all three of those are ahead of JS in points. You might want to take your own comment to heart. Stewart has problems with crashing when the competition is tough. Since entering the big bores, that's the way it's been.
I agree it seems he crashes more when the competition gets tough. He also had two DNF's that were not his fault, and a torn ACL. It will be interesting to see how he does Outdoors with that knee and all the ruts.
Drfletcher
4/7/2013 9:32am
Davi got second place last year in Supercross and he is on pace for the same but I think Dungey catches him in points.

Stewart crashes and then calls it in - it wasn't a hard crash but there is always something wrong with the bike after that. I don't think he has that drive since the championship is out of reach for him.

One thing for certain, it wasn't the bike last year and its not the bike this year.
bvm111
4/7/2013 9:33am
Considering he is so far out in points i would imagine he is trying to make it through SX to go after the outdoor title. I am not sure why you guys want to crucify him so bad everytime he hits the ground, I guess you guys are so perfect you have never crashed on your dirt bikes before?
4/7/2013 9:41am
Whenever a rider decides to line up at the gate they have agreed to leave all the injury and bike excuses behind them.
plowboy
4/7/2013 9:46am
I thought he was looking good...trying some different lines...trying to find that little extra. He got bit...it happens. Hope he's ok. The races are better with him in 'em.
jeffro503
4/7/2013 9:56am
I thought he was looking really good , fast and smooth last night until that wreck. I saw him shaking his hand when he got up.....and I was hoping something didn't happen to that same damn wrist he messed up last year in the outdoors. Losing a front brake sucks.......but I'm not 100% sure that was the reason he pulled off.

And fwiw......that wreck didn't look all the gentle. He went down pretty good. Those type of wrecks happen so damn fast that you can't prevent from hitting the ground pretty hard. Hope to see him back next week.
Choppy
4/7/2013 9:59am
He has less crashes than almost everyone else this year...
4/7/2013 10:01am
normanmx wrote:
He should retire like DW before he risks an important injury,,,Hes got it all and has acomplished everything,,,he can always go to the soap opera life...
No way JS has another good 2 or 3 years in him.
My guess is that this is his penultimate season.
DonM
4/7/2013 10:01am
DonM wrote:
It appears that James hurt his right hand in that crash as he was flexing and shaking it, pulled off tried another lap and pulled off...
kongols wrote:
Watch it again and watch when he is getting up from the crash
Flip109
4/7/2013 10:02am
bvm111 wrote:
Considering he is so far out in points i would imagine he is trying to make it through SX to go after the outdoor title. I...
Considering he is so far out in points i would imagine he is trying to make it through SX to go after the outdoor title. I am not sure why you guys want to crucify him so bad everytime he hits the ground, I guess you guys are so perfect you have never crashed on your dirt bikes before?
I agree. People are way to hard on him. He's doing his best. He's just dealing with a lot of fast new kids. It's not like he's chasing reed and Rc anymore. He's still bad ass but so are all the new guys..
kongols
4/7/2013 10:05am Edited Date/Time 4/7/2013 10:10am
DonM wrote:
kongols wrote:
DonM wrote:
I saw it. It was from handlebar jerk as he was going down. You don`t expect to have a violent crash and just get up without any pain, do you? He was also limping with his right leg who`s ACL is torn.
Octane
4/7/2013 10:06am Edited Date/Time 4/7/2013 10:07am
James is riding better this year than he did last year in my opinion. Yes he DOES look better on the Suzuki as does Milsaps.
In truth James has been having little simple "tip overs" this year rather than "crashes". It's no biggie if you ask me. Sounds like the OP wants to make something out of nothing.
Choppy
4/7/2013 10:11am
Octane wrote:
James is riding better this year than he did last year in my opinion. Yes he DOES look better on the Suzuki as does Milsaps. In...
James is riding better this year than he did last year in my opinion. Yes he DOES look better on the Suzuki as does Milsaps.
In truth James has been having little simple "tip overs" this year rather than "crashes". It's no biggie if you ask me. Sounds like the OP wants to make something out of nothing.
Js7 haters, and people wanting to justify a Yamaha 450 buy off how pros do on them need to make something out of nothing.
DonM
4/7/2013 10:11am
kongols wrote:
DonM wrote:
kongols wrote:
I saw it. It was from handlebar jerk as he was going down. You don`t expect to have a violent crash and just get up without...
I saw it. It was from handlebar jerk as he was going down. You don`t expect to have a violent crash and just get up without any pain, do you? He was also limping with his right leg who`s ACL is torn.
Easy there Tonto...I was just stating what I saw...didn't say he did hurt himself just said it appears that he may have
JW381
4/7/2013 10:19am
kongols wrote:
It's not necessarily the quantity, it's the time and place. RV isn't crashing out of contention, Canard and Barcia haven't really been in contention. James has, and he has crashed out of it on numerous occasions. Whether that be a cracking under pressure, or just an illusion that makes his number of crashes seem greater than they are, I don't know, but for me the frustration with James and his crashes are that they always decide the race for him. It's never a bobble in a heat race that leaves him unhurt and ready for the main. It's either while leading a main, or the bike or his body breaks, or whatever else.
yam261
4/7/2013 10:20am
Choppy wrote:
He has less crashes than almost everyone else this year...
How has that worked out for him.
Octane
4/7/2013 10:25am
kongols wrote:
JW381 wrote:
It's not necessarily the quantity, it's the time and place. RV isn't crashing out of contention, Canard and Barcia haven't really been in contention. James has...
It's not necessarily the quantity, it's the time and place. RV isn't crashing out of contention, Canard and Barcia haven't really been in contention. James has, and he has crashed out of it on numerous occasions. Whether that be a cracking under pressure, or just an illusion that makes his number of crashes seem greater than they are, I don't know, but for me the frustration with James and his crashes are that they always decide the race for him. It's never a bobble in a heat race that leaves him unhurt and ready for the main. It's either while leading a main, or the bike or his body breaks, or whatever else.
The first so called "crash" out of contention had nothing to do with him; You can blame that one on Chad. The second out of contention race in Dallas had nothing to do with a crash at all...but rather bizarre mechanical issue with the clutch on the starting gate. James was already at a disadvantage this year because of the ACL. Despite that I still think he is riding better this year than last year in my opinion.

Post a reply to: JS7

The Latest