HTF Does Chiz Not Have A Ride?

petie11o5
Edited Date/Time 10/31/2012 9:21am
How the f*** does Kyle Chisolm not have a ride? This is a complete joke. He finished 8th overall in MX and 11th in SX. I wish I had some cash and wasn't in college I would love to help him out. It must be politics as Hanny mentioned. Also, you know there is something wrong when a solid kid like Chiz is bitching about a team. Keep your head up bud.

Britney Chisholm ‏@BritneyChizzy
@KyleChisholm11 I just want you to know I'm proud to be your wife! Your dedicated & hard-working and HUMBLE. Not too cool to go racing with your dad as your mechanic on stock bikes with duct tape helmets. And that's kind of attitude will pay off. Promise. Love you with all my ❤!

People who lead people on just to hurt them in the end are the worst kind of people

Kyle Chisholm ‏@KyleChisholm11
Well now I know how @jimmyalbertson felt when he tried out for the MotoConcepts Team a couple years ago! #BS #WasteMyTime
|
BR_HERO
10/24/2012 5:36pm
For people wondering, Josh Hill got the second spot on RCH (H$H). (Got picked over Chiz)
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
10/24/2012 5:46pm
I thought he was also in the running for the final spot at JWR?
MXerDW
10/24/2012 5:47pm
Steve Matthes‏@pulpmx

So yeah, looks like Josh Hill got the last spot on the RCH Suzuki team. Someone's not too happy....
Trauma
10/24/2012 5:54pm
I'm confused, he tried out for a spot and didn't get it? So is there an issue here? Did they say he had it then took it from under him after he had turned down other offers?

The Shop

hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
10/24/2012 5:59pm
Roger needs to get on the phone. Couldnt think of a more deserving rider to fill a spot than Chiz. He seems to make a great 2nd rider who just works hard and gets faster.
DH502
10/24/2012 6:05pm
WTH are the chizzy's freaking out about. He went to a try out and didn't make the cut! This is professional sports people. No one 'deserves' anything
mxwrench66
10/24/2012 6:18pm
They both have the agent. Seems like a conflict of interest to me.
Braaap14
10/24/2012 6:22pm
go put up $200g's for bikes , mechanic , travel and salary for him.

then he will have a ride...
petie11o5
10/24/2012 7:03pm Edited Date/Time 10/24/2012 7:05pm
DH502 wrote:
WTH are the chizzy's freaking out about. He went to a try out and didn't make the cut! This is professional sports people. No one 'deserves'...
WTH are the chizzy's freaking out about. He went to a try out and didn't make the cut! This is professional sports people. No one 'deserves' anything
When there are guys who have finished way worse that have a ride it's a complete joke.

Actually, you're wrong. When you finish 8th in SX and 11th in MX you DESERVE a ride.
Trauma
10/24/2012 7:09pm
Does anyone have some actual context here? Did RCH string him along by saying he had the spot, potentially costing Chiz other rides or is he just pissed that he lost it?

I can understand him being pissed to lose it to Hill, his recent efforts far out strip that of Hill. GuyB, get the deets!
petie11o5
10/24/2012 7:12pm
Trauma wrote:
Does anyone have some actual context here? Did RCH string him along by saying he had the spot, potentially costing Chiz other rides or is he...
Does anyone have some actual context here? Did RCH string him along by saying he had the spot, potentially costing Chiz other rides or is he just pissed that he lost it?

I can understand him being pissed to lose it to Hill, his recent efforts far out strip that of Hill. GuyB, get the deets!
I'm not sure about those details, Trauma. I just can't believe he doesn't have a ride lol
velocitygear
10/24/2012 7:15pm
DH502 wrote:
WTH are the chizzy's freaking out about. He went to a try out and didn't make the cut! This is professional sports people. No one 'deserves'...
petie11o5 wrote:
When there are guys who have finished way worse that have a ride it's a complete joke. Actually, you're wrong. When you finish 8th in SX...
When there are guys who have finished way worse that have a ride it's a complete joke.

Actually, you're wrong. When you finish 8th in SX and 11th in MX you DESERVE a ride.
8th and 11th...

With those kind of numbers and no ride; that makes our sport look like a complete joke! Makes me sick!! Anyone who says otherwise is on crack!
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
10/24/2012 7:17pm
Chisholm and Kiniry are first inline for replacement rides.

People pick talent and potential upside over consistency and durability almost every time in MX.
petie11o5
10/24/2012 7:38pm
DH502 wrote:
petie11o5 wrote:
When there are guys who have finished way worse that have a ride it's a complete joke. Actually, you're wrong. When you finish 8th in SX...

8th and 11th... With those kind of numbers and no ride; that makes our sport look like a complete joke! Makes me sick!! Anyone who says...
8th and 11th...

With those kind of numbers and no ride; that makes our sport look like a complete joke! Makes me sick!! Anyone who says otherwise is on crack!
Exactly! Someone else gets it! As a fan of the sport I'm honestly pissed off and aggravated by this. I want to see the BEST guys in our sport compete every weekend. What a freaking joke...
jndmx
10/24/2012 7:46pm
I can understand why Chisolm is bummed out, he has been putting in the time and racing constantly, gets a shot at a team and they pick a guy that has barely finished a race in the last couple years.

Now don't get me wrong I love Josh Hill and respect what he has come back from the guy is gutsy no doubt.
But....

If you were Kyle wouldn't you feel like they had you come out and test for a ride for nothing.....
Makes it kinda seem like the spot just went to someone they were going to pick all along because they like the guy?
Xavier
10/24/2012 7:57pm
Ramrod wrote:
Chisholm and Kiniry are first inline for replacement rides.

People pick talent and potential upside over consistency and durability almost every time in MX.
True (unless your name is Pourcel but that is another story Shocked )
C.Worthy
10/24/2012 8:19pm
On the pulp show Watson was saying how good Chisholm looked. He said he was phenomenal and felt really good on the bike. Then went on to say that Hill wasn't too comfortable on whatever bike he was riding and some other stuff. I for sure thought the spot was going to Chiz and thats what Watson made it seem like on the show. But I guess not.
jo2910
10/25/2012 1:32am
I would imagine this was more a financial decision from H&H rather than pure rider talent. I doubt Josh Hill at this point is asking for a lot in salary if anything at all. Chiz had some good results and probably is asking for a salary closer to Tickle.

If he's going full privateer he might as well tag along with team Two Two
Crush
10/25/2012 2:46am
I am happy Hilly got the ride, not at the expense of Chiz, just that he has been working there and really if you look at it, Tickle and Chiz are pretty much the same guy... I'd flip for Hilly at the risk of trying to make a splash cause he's top 3 speed if he is back.

Plus they are only taking this guy to SX so there is a good chance that he'd show better results if it works out...

Sux for Chis but i'm sure he'll find something, he's solid as a rock... If they were looking at motoconcepts, I almost think that's a good thing they didn't go there...

Surely he's looking good at JWR tho?
montesagold
10/25/2012 6:25am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
I thought he was also in the running for the final spot at JWR?
Anyone? Who is there 2nd?
mws02
10/25/2012 6:49am Edited Date/Time 10/25/2012 6:50am
what a couple of you are missing is that when a team is "courting" him, he put his eggs in that basket with that team because things are looking sure. Tells other teams no, gets the rug pulled out and the music has now stopped with no other teams having room. Thats where the frustration comes from.
normanmx
10/25/2012 6:50am
BR_HERO wrote:
For people wondering, Josh Hill got the second spot on RCH (H$H). (Got picked over Chiz)
Whoever has the most tatoos wins the spot....other than that I dont understand their thinking.
rcm406
10/25/2012 6:56am
James Stewart ‏@js7
Fun day at the track riding with @JosHill75 and @Broctickle. Dust bowl bc the water system broke but it was still a good day.
Steakhead
10/25/2012 7:19am
petie11o5 wrote:
How the f*** does Kyle Chisolm not have a ride? This is a complete joke. He finished 8th overall in MX and 11th in SX. I...
How the f*** does Kyle Chisolm not have a ride? This is a complete joke. He finished 8th overall in MX and 11th in SX. I wish I had some cash and wasn't in college I would love to help him out. It must be politics as Hanny mentioned. Also, you know there is something wrong when a solid kid like Chiz is bitching about a team. Keep your head up bud.

@KyleChisholm11 I just want you to know I'm proud to be your wife! Your dedicated & hard-working and HUMBLE. Not too cool to go racing with your dad as your mechanic on stock bikes with duct tape helmets. And that's kind of attitude will pay off. Promise. Love you with all my ❤!

People who lead people on just to hurt them in the end are the worst kind of people

Kyle Chisholm ‏@KyleChisholm11
Well now I know how @jimmyalbertson felt when he tried out for the MotoConcepts Team a couple years ago! #BS #WasteMyTime
www.barackobama.com

Thats why he has no ride. Economy
Preston412
10/25/2012 7:46am Edited Date/Time 10/25/2012 7:49am
Chisholm has never gotten into the top 5, with every one staying healthy next year, he will be lucky to even finish around 12th. Teams need top 10 finishers to even think about asking for some big money from sponsors. He will probably be placed on the replacement rider list from here on out or only find a ride on a low budget team.
Has for Hill, I think that was a bad decision as well as but a better choice than Chisholm.
IceMan446
10/25/2012 8:00am
What about Chiz as the second rider with James?

I havent heard that Metcalfe is back forsure yet.
G Force
10/25/2012 8:23am Edited Date/Time 10/25/2012 8:25am
jo2910 wrote:
I would imagine this was more a financial decision from H&H rather than pure rider talent. I doubt Josh Hill at this point is asking for...
I would imagine this was more a financial decision from H&H rather than pure rider talent. I doubt Josh Hill at this point is asking for a lot in salary if anything at all. Chiz had some good results and probably is asking for a salary closer to Tickle.

If he's going full privateer he might as well tag along with team Two Two
Just a guess, but im thinking you hit the nail on the head here. Doubt very much Hill is getting a salary, there are very few rides (even factory) that include a salary. Chisholm may be asking for $$?? Who knows?

But if Chiz has more riding ability, there must be something else holding him back.. EG: attitude? Demanding? Entourage?

Look at Hansen, more talent than most, but obviously a cancer in the big rig, otherwise teams would be lined up to sign the guy.
chrisbuehler
10/25/2012 8:38am
Preston412 wrote:
Chisholm has never gotten into the top 5, with every one staying healthy next year, he will be lucky to even finish around 12th. Teams need...
Chisholm has never gotten into the top 5, with every one staying healthy next year, he will be lucky to even finish around 12th. Teams need top 10 finishers to even think about asking for some big money from sponsors. He will probably be placed on the replacement rider list from here on out or only find a ride on a low budget team.
Has for Hill, I think that was a bad decision as well as but a better choice than Chisholm.
X2. Chisholm will struggle to even crack the top ten. That's not a put down, he just doesnt have that next level speed. Solid rider but tier 2. The economy sucks and rides are few and far between. That's just the way it is, get over it
10/25/2012 9:03am
Suck's for Chiz, but there is a handful of riders who are better and without a ride.
jo2910
10/25/2012 9:06am
X2. Chisholm will struggle to even crack the top ten. That's not a put down, he just doesnt have that next level speed. Solid rider but...
X2. Chisholm will struggle to even crack the top ten. That's not a put down, he just doesnt have that next level speed. Solid rider but tier 2. The economy sucks and rides are few and far between. That's just the way it is, get over it
It is stacked for sure:

RV
Stewart
Dungey
Reed
Barcia
Wilson
Canard
Weimer
Millsaps
Brayton
Grant
Short

That's 12 riders already that i don't think Chiz can beat on a regular basis and I've even forgotten Alessi, kdub, tickle, tedesco.

I can see the reasoning from RCH. Why pay Chiz a salary (which he deserves) to have him around the 12 spot. You can get Hill for almost free and hope he'll make the main then wait for a few guys to crash and bang he's top 15... If you follow that logic I would have got kiniry like Matthes says, less money than Chiz but more reliable than Hill.

Post a reply to: HTF Does Chiz Not Have A Ride?

The Latest