Ferrandis out!

Edited Date/Time 5/12/2015 4:38pm
For the whole season because of a knee injury.
|
5/12/2015 4:54am Edited Date/Time 5/12/2015 4:59am
Wow .. That's a bummer. Is this rumor or confirmed news ?
He was the only rider somewhat 'close' to JH84.
He scored a 3rd place finish in the last moto at Spain so i guess he got hurt at practice this week ?
Thinking ahead now, JH has allready almost a 2 GP lead over the 3rd rider. This could mean he gets the title early if he keeps those results up and either do some MXGP rounds on a 350/450 or race a USA round ... I can bet you he won't be doing anything else before the title is locked looking at last year....
5/12/2015 5:08am
No he injured his knee in the warm up I think. And it has been confirmed by Dylan himself.
DeStouwer
5/12/2015 5:26am
Dylan Ferrandis had a mixed weekend in the Spanish round of the FIM World MX2 Motocross Championship at Talavera de la Reina, as he could only finish one race for the Monster Energy Kawasaki MX2 Racing Team.

Dylan posted twice the second fastest time during the practice session, but during the qualifying race he crashed; he knocked his head on the ground, and qualified in eighth position. Sadly his first GP moto came to an early sudden end as the rear brake disc was damaged in a race incident, but Dylan sprinted clear at the start of race two to lead until hurting again his knee three laps from the end. It was the second time as he already hurt his left knee during the warm up, and back to France Dylan had examinations that revealed that his ligaments and meniscus are damaged. Second in the MX2 World Championship, Dylan will be unable to defend his chances, as he will have surgery this week to repair the damaged knee.

Dylan Ferrandis: “ On Saturday I felt confident during the practice sessions, but in the qualifying race I crashed pretty hard on my head when I tried to pass Jordi. I don’t remember exactly what happened, and then Sunday morning I hurt my knee and had some pain all day long. My first start was not so good but after I passed Zaragoza the rear brake disk broke though I can’t explain when and where! I was very happy to get the holeshot in the second race, but on the third lap I again hit the ground with my painful knee and couldn’t maintain the same rhythm. Back at home yesterday I had further examinations on Tuesday morning; the ligaments of my left knee are broken and the meniscus is damaged, so I will have surgery on Thursday. The season is over for me, unfortunately.”

The Shop

5/12/2015 6:08am
damn that just made it the JH show a bit more for the rest of the championship
Yeah, that's tough, but I think we saw someone new emerge this weekend... it'll be ok.
mx_563
5/12/2015 6:10am
That sucks. He was the only dude with a NFG attitude toward Herlings which I really appreciated.
mjskier
5/12/2015 6:54am
Bummer.
I assume Tixier gets the MxDN MX2 spot now.
RY4N37
5/12/2015 6:56am
mjskier wrote:
Bummer.
Don't assume anything with the French MXdN team. The FFM operate in very strange ways when it comes to picking a team
DeStouwer
5/12/2015 7:27am
mjskier wrote:
Bummer.
RY4N37 wrote:
Don't assume anything with the French MXdN team. The FFM operate in very strange ways when it comes to picking a team
But with succes last year.
Teej317
Fantasy
2087th
5/12/2015 8:48am
Hope he recovers quickly. I bet the thought process is to get healed up quickly to be ready for his '16 Pro Circuit ride.
Brent
5/12/2015 10:56am
mjskier wrote:
Bummer.
RY4N37 wrote:
Maybe they will finally call Marv?
5/12/2015 11:11am
mjskier wrote:
Bummer.
RY4N37 wrote:
In french, we usually say "c'est l'hôpital qui se fout de la charité"... (sorry guys, no way to translate this one!)

Tongue

mjskier
5/12/2015 1:17pm
In french, we usually say "c'est l'hôpital qui se fout de la charité"... (sorry guys, no way to translate this one!)

Tongue

Haha, I have to come to a redneck forum to learn French idioms! Laughing
I wasn't familiar with that expression. I think the English equivalent is "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

RY4N37
5/12/2015 2:44pm
Brent wrote:
Hopefully. A lot of people, myself included, saw the decision to pick Dylan over Musquin as a very strange one. Especially considering he was only the 3rd best Frenchman in MX2 last year. But I think they saw the opportunity to pick 3 riders who rode for the same team and that had a number of advantages. With Paulin and Frossard moving teams this year and Ferrandis ruled out for the season, it must surely open the door for the likes of Musquin and Pourcel to get back in the team. If you had to pick it now it would be Paulin, Musquin and Febvre. Although France could probably pick 2 teams capable of a podium
5/12/2015 2:50pm
Brent wrote:
RY4N37 wrote:
Hopefully. A lot of people, myself included, saw the decision to pick Dylan over Musquin as a very strange one. Especially considering he was only the...
Hopefully. A lot of people, myself included, saw the decision to pick Dylan over Musquin as a very strange one. Especially considering he was only the 3rd best Frenchman in MX2 last year. But I think they saw the opportunity to pick 3 riders who rode for the same team and that had a number of advantages. With Paulin and Frossard moving teams this year and Ferrandis ruled out for the season, it must surely open the door for the likes of Musquin and Pourcel to get back in the team. If you had to pick it now it would be Paulin, Musquin and Febvre. Although France could probably pick 2 teams capable of a podium
Ferrandis, Paulin and Frossard were NOT on the same team last year (CLS Kawi / KRT Kawi).

And Pourcel's hypothetic venue has absolutely nothing to do with Paulin or Frossard moving teams...
5/12/2015 2:51pm

Tongue

mjskier wrote:
Haha, I have to come to a redneck forum to learn French idioms! :laugh: I wasn't familiar with that expression. I think the English equivalent is...
Haha, I have to come to a redneck forum to learn French idioms! Laughing
I wasn't familiar with that expression. I think the English equivalent is "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

You're probably right on that one !

Wink
5/12/2015 4:38pm
What's the deal with Kawasaki and injuries this year? Too bad Anstie can't manage to put 2 motos together on the same weekend, there's the threat to Jeffery.

Post a reply to: Ferrandis out!

The Latest