Don't count him out just yet. Reed tweet

Edited Date/Time 2/21/2012 9:27pm
CR22: I can honestly say I'm blown away with the support. To each and everyone of you THANK YOU. #twotwolove FYI this old dog will be BACK...

-----------------------------------------------------

TwoTwo Motorsports has this morning confirmed that Chad Reed’s AMA Supercross season is over, now formulating a plan that could see him return in time for the AMA Pro Motocross Championship.

Reed suffered a horrific crash while challenging for the race lead on lap seven at Dallas’ seventh round of the season last weekend and was unable to finish the race.

Initial scans have revealed the Australian has torn his anterior cruciate ligament, broken his tibia and fibula, sustained two broken ribs and has a broken T6 vertebrae.

At this point in time doctors are waiting for the swelling on his knee to subside before they conduct surgery.

“To say I am hurting right now would be a major understatement,” Reed said. “I am just trying to figure out what hurts more, the injuries or the fact that I am going to be out for a while with knee surgery.

“This is bitterly disappointing, I felt like I had everything in my corner this time. I’ve never felt more comfortable, from the bike and team to my riding.

“I was genuinely in a position to fight for race wins week in week out and expected to be going to Las Vegas for a shot at the title.

“To my sponsors and fans thank-you for your messages of support, they mean a lot. This is a difficult time,” Reed added.

The TwoTwo Motorsports team and sponsors will regroup over the next week and work on a plan to move forward.

Reed is aiming to return for the outdoor season but that goal will be re-evaluated by doctors post surgery.

http://www.motoonline.com.au/2012/02/21/reed-ruled-out-of-ama-sx-remain…
|
SlowMoFo
Posts
1539
Joined
4/17/2008
Location
USA
2/20/2012 6:47pm
SWEEEEET!
bd
Posts
6056
Joined
4/6/2007
Location
Las Vegas, NV, USA
2/20/2012 6:52pm
He is a bonafide beast. Currently one of the best ATHLETES in the world.
TDeath21
Posts
6515
Joined
2/22/2011
Location
Somewhere, MO, USA
2/20/2012 6:52pm
One of the toughest athletes, if not the toughest athlete, that I have ever had the opportunity to watch. Go get em Chad.
jndmx
Posts
9699
Joined
1/20/2008
Location
South Kingston, RI, USA
2/20/2012 6:55pm
Glad to hear that he is planning on coming back.
Knew that wasn't going to be the way he wanted to go out of the sport.

The Shop

mxr300ex
Posts
200
Joined
3/14/2010
Location
USA
2/20/2012 7:03pm Edited Date/Time 2/20/2012 7:04pm
TDeath21 wrote:
One of the toughest athletes, if not the toughest athlete, that I have ever had the opportunity to watch. Go get em Chad.
He's beast no doubt. Broke back, broke ribs, broke leg, torn up knee and he still stood up on his own. He's all man, thats fo sho!
They would have been med flighting me out of there.
BigDaddyG
Posts
1215
Joined
10/8/2010
Location
Saint Helens, OR, USA
Fantasy
2/20/2012 7:03pm
Chads a stud and is very good for the sport. It would be cool to see him have Windham like longevity as a rider. Dudes a bad ass!
exsarg
Posts
514
Joined
11/26/2010
Location
CA
2/20/2012 7:10pm
i would still be lying there! i cried like a little girl when i tore my knee up,
Mstock
Posts
2044
Joined
9/14/2010
Location
Middleton, WI, USA
2/20/2012 7:13pm
That tweet made my week! I was crushed Saturday night and REALLY crushed with the announcement of the laundry list of injuries. I feared it was the last we would see of that (not so) old Dog. Thanks Reedy! Enjoy the home time with the family.
TeamGreen
Posts
37734
Joined
11/25/2008
Location
Thru-out, CA, USA
2/20/2012 7:17pm
Dear Chad,

Those injuries take time, I know...new a.c.l. 8 weeks ago; however, TIng and Ortho's like him can have a guy like you back in the winners circle pretty damn quickly...maybe even by the 3rd week in May!

Thoughts and Prayers and keep the Ice on that knee!
Trent179
Posts
1227
Joined
4/3/2010
Location
Princeton, IN, USA
2/20/2012 7:27pm
The whole national series is a stretch. I hope it happens but very doubtful.
jeffro503
Posts
27651
Joined
7/22/2007
Location
St Helens, OR, USA
2/20/2012 7:37pm
Sad to hear he'll be out the remaining SX rounds.....BUT...........Fucking AWESOME we will see him back for the outdoors! At least I hope he is healed up by then.

Damn.....he took one hell of a hit too! I didn't expect to hear he messed himself up that bad.....dude was goin' for it!!

Heal up soon Chad , we all want to see you back!

God Damn tough son of a bitch!!
gharmon
Posts
2767
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Valley, AL, USA
2/20/2012 7:39pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Dear Chad, Those injuries take time, I know...new a.c.l. 8 weeks ago; however, TIng and Ortho's like him can have a guy like you back in...
Dear Chad,

Those injuries take time, I know...new a.c.l. 8 weeks ago; however, TIng and Ortho's like him can have a guy like you back in the winners circle pretty damn quickly...maybe even by the 3rd week in May!

Thoughts and Prayers and keep the Ice on that knee!
HOw is the new knee doing. I get mine march 8th.
nickm
Posts
702
Joined
9/15/2011
Location
CA
2/20/2012 7:56pm
exsarg wrote:
i would still be lying there! i cried like a little girl when i tore my knee up,
THIS

Reed isn't human...can't wait to see him in the outdoors!
bish153
Posts
440
Joined
11/28/2010
Location
Frisco, TX, USA
2/20/2012 8:04pm
Are we going full nude on the avatars now? Right on! And yeah bummer for Reed! He will be back!
TeamGreen
Posts
37734
Joined
11/25/2008
Location
Thru-out, CA, USA
2/20/2012 8:13pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Dear Chad, Those injuries take time, I know...new a.c.l. 8 weeks ago; however, TIng and Ortho's like him can have a guy like you back in...
Dear Chad,

Those injuries take time, I know...new a.c.l. 8 weeks ago; however, TIng and Ortho's like him can have a guy like you back in the winners circle pretty damn quickly...maybe even by the 3rd week in May!

Thoughts and Prayers and keep the Ice on that knee!
gharmon wrote:
HOw is the new knee doing. I get mine march 8th.
They say the allograft/ligament s the most vulnerable during weeks 4-8...I'll be taking it DAMN easy on mine 'til week 10 and then I'll start some light road-biking. I -DID- ride a 300XC for about 30 minutes at Mike's Sky Ranch and it felt AWESOME...even my newly assembled shoulder, too.

Do the PT. Do as your doctor says on "protocols", too.

It DOES work!

Good luck and thanks for asking,

Manny
RaceFace
Posts
1608
Joined
8/15/2010
Location
USA
2/20/2012 8:19pm
Sounds good, Reedy!
WhipMeister
Posts
5282
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Big D, TX, USA
2/20/2012 8:27pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Dear Chad, Those injuries take time, I know...new a.c.l. 8 weeks ago; however, TIng and Ortho's like him can have a guy like you back in...
Dear Chad,

Those injuries take time, I know...new a.c.l. 8 weeks ago; however, TIng and Ortho's like him can have a guy like you back in the winners circle pretty damn quickly...maybe even by the 3rd week in May!

Thoughts and Prayers and keep the Ice on that knee!
gharmon wrote:
HOw is the new knee doing. I get mine march 8th.
New knees outperform old. In my experience. I had the left done about 15 years ago. Need the right, now.
pilotdude
Posts
3867
Joined
1/12/2009
Location
Vancouver, WA, USA
2/20/2012 8:43pm
Man for him to be back for the Nationals would be AWESOME.
Zycki11
Posts
7914
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Edwardsville, IL, USA
2/20/2012 8:46pm
Watching that crash in person was sketchy at best. The guy was faster this weekend than he ever was in his career. He summed it up best himself. Weither he is 29 or 23, he is faster now than he was then, has a better outlook and is a awesome guy. Sucks bad, my buddy and i talked to him for a little during track walk and to see his positive outlook as well as the genuine smile while talking to us was pretty awesome. This sport keeps changing and if your body feels good and your mind is in the game i do not see a reason why you wouldnt play it. Chad has proven this already. I hope he keeps rewriting the unwritten rules and continues to shut the critics up. DV's point is very valid. From a riders standpoint, i can see how Chad is itching to come back. He was faster, better prepared physically, better prepared mentally, and his bike was working well. When that feeling leaves you suddenly, that is all you can think about(outside of holy fuck this hurts). Somehow these last two years have found a way for Chad to be vindicated for all of the issues that were tagged to him throughout his career. He deserves every bit of praise thrown his way.
KAWboy14
Posts
6502
Joined
12/31/2007
Location
Austin, TX, USA
2/20/2012 8:49pm
every old guy has said after a bunch of injurys....."ill be back" but not many can make it back from all that at his age.....having said that, if anyone can do it, he could!
tobz
Posts
3891
Joined
3/5/2007
Location
Adelaide, AU
2/20/2012 9:02pm
Don't they have synthetic ligaments that only take months to recover?
CamP
Posts
6826
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Colleyville, TX, USA
2/20/2012 9:07pm
tobz wrote:
Don't they have synthetic ligaments that only take months to recover?
They've tried synthetic ligaments, but they didn't last.
tobz
Posts
3891
Joined
3/5/2007
Location
Adelaide, AU
2/20/2012 9:09pm
Weird, they still do them here successfully in our AFL leagues, and the like.
2/20/2012 10:57pm
I'll be surprised if he races a National in 2012, but sincerely hope he does make a 100% recovery & come back.
wardy
Posts
1794
Joined
3/31/2008
Location
USA
2/20/2012 11:28pm
ALot of sleeping in the recliner now til those ribs heal up. Anyone that rides and seen that crash knows it was a nasty hit for sure. folding up under the bike like that sucks. Not sure if it said anywhere but is the surgeroy for the tib fib or the knee or both?

hope he heals up fast. he like windham keeps the sport fun to watch for us old guys. !
Trauma
Posts
557
Joined
1/19/2010
Location
Victoria, AU
2/21/2012 2:45am
Sif anyone doubted it. It's just a question of when, outdoors or SX 2013?
catatonic
Posts
1575
Joined
3/20/2008
Location
Cape cod, MA, USA
2/21/2012 3:54am
Gritty.
Big
Posts
1006
Joined
10/18/2010
Location
SE
2/21/2012 5:06am
tobz wrote:
Weird, they still do them here successfully in our AFL leagues, and the like.
Do you know that's a fact or have you "heard" it only? They don't do it in belgium for mxers and they do all crazy stuff there.
2/21/2012 5:06am
bd wrote:
He is a bonafide beast. Currently one of the best ATHLETES in the world.
YES
Big
Posts
1006
Joined
10/18/2010
Location
SE
2/21/2012 5:11am
Love to see Reed race but i think his whole year is gone. 6-9 months recover even with Us-special-medicshots a la Eldon.

Post a reply to: Don't count him out just yet. Reed tweet

The Latest