Did pourcel get dqed ?

Camp332
7/24/2017 7:50am
So send the bike off to impound, and let the rider go puke! WTH is the big deal?
agn5009
7/24/2017 7:52am
IWreckALot wrote:
Sometimes some common sense needs to override the "rules". If I were Pourcel, I next time I would have just gone and puked in the impound...
Sometimes some common sense needs to override the "rules". If I were Pourcel, I next time I would have just gone and puked in the impound. And when they asked why the hell he was puking there, I'd say "rules are rules".

Race Director: Hey guys, where is Christoph Pourcel?

Team: He's in the truck puking.

Race Director: Well, he should have done that in the impound.

Ask TeamGreen what happened. He can give you the run down. A certain team protested because Christope wasn't there. It's pretty damn low to protest that if you ask me.

But again, ask TeamGreen. He's very knowledgeable of the situation.
agn5009
7/24/2017 7:53am
Camp332 wrote:
So send the bike off to impound, and let the rider go puke! WTH is the big deal?
Exactly. The bike is the only thing that matters in case it needs torn down or whatever.
Sodipop
7/24/2017 7:56am
Btw some guy on twitter responded to Matthes and said that he was there and watched him vomit. There are obviously multiple factors. He got sick, didn't realize he beat Alessi for the podium, got frustrated and threw a fit back at the truck, etc.

The rule is ridiculous and the team that protested is bush league. It's stupid little things like this that make it harder to respect the series

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3778th
7/24/2017 7:57am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
There's a difference between a serious injury that requires immediate emergency care and a stomach virus where one simply throws up. I'm pretty sure he could...
There's a difference between a serious injury that requires immediate emergency care and a stomach virus where one simply throws up.

I'm pretty sure he could of waited 15 minutes while sitting in the shade with a water bottle. Sure he would of felt uncomfortable for those 15 minutes but I doubt whatever his issue was is life threatening. Besides that medics on site could of checked him out in the impound zone.

If you were sick wouldn't you be able to relax for 15 minutes while being checked out? I know that personally for me it takes a lot before I need to go and get checked out but everyone is diffetent.

If he did indeed kick his helmet he was probably not happy with himself and said fuck it I'm retreating back to the truck because I want to be left alone. We all have those moments.
Casting wrote:
Are you a doctor? Did you evaluate CP after the race? If not, your opinion on his health means jack shit. The rule is idiotic. Riders...
Are you a doctor? Did you evaluate CP after the race? If not, your opinion on his health means jack shit. The rule is idiotic. Riders health should come before everything else. No riders, no race.
You don't need to be a doctor to know when you need medical help. When you're sick do you go to the hospital every time and waste the doctor's time or do you assess your own health and either decide to take over the counter meds because you know you'll get better or say to yourself okay this might be something a little more serious than the flu and I should go to the hospital and seek a professional opinion from a doctor?

If he was so sick to the point that he needed medical help I'm positive he wouldn't of lined up for the 2nd moto or pulled out to go and get checked out if he was that worried about his health. After everything Christophe has been through with his injuries I'm pretty sure he knows that health comes before everything and that includes moto and championships.

The rule is idiotic? I'm guessing you don't know that impound rules are part of every series.
Sodipop
7/24/2017 7:58am
yz133rider wrote:
Maverick is so pro Canadian Nat's and so anti cp it's a little much. Mav honestly won't admit that to cp racing this season isn't the...
Maverick is so pro Canadian Nat's and so anti cp it's a little much. Mav honestly won't admit that to cp racing this season isn't the same cp of old. Cp is a world class talent, can set the fastest time on any track with any riders present, sx or Mx.

It's obvious he is not completely fit and healthy and if he loses the title mav will go on and tell us how competitive and fast the Canadian guys are because even cp couldn't win it.

Ugh. Yes a sick, not recovered from injury Cp getting penalized for dumb rules just like alessi in the past May not win it.
What millsaps did to the series last year is at a minimum what Pourcel could do if he was what he used to be....
Tuna
7/24/2017 8:01am
yz133rider wrote:
Maverick is so pro Canadian Nat's and so anti cp it's a little much. Mav honestly won't admit that to cp racing this season isn't the...
Maverick is so pro Canadian Nat's and so anti cp it's a little much. Mav honestly won't admit that to cp racing this season isn't the same cp of old. Cp is a world class talent, can set the fastest time on any track with any riders present, sx or Mx.

It's obvious he is not completely fit and healthy and if he loses the title mav will go on and tell us how competitive and fast the Canadian guys are because even cp couldn't win it.

Ugh. Yes a sick, not recovered from injury Cp getting penalized for dumb rules just like alessi in the past May not win it.
Sodipop wrote:
What millsaps did to the series last year is at a minimum what Pourcel could do if he was what he used to be....
Well he's not what he used to be is he? That's why he is racing in Canada and not the US.
Sodipop
7/24/2017 8:04am
yz133rider wrote:

Sodipop wrote:
Tuna wrote:
Well he's not what he used to be is he? That's why he is racing in Canada and not the US.
Thats true. His two neck injuries last year have affected him greatly.
Tuna
7/24/2017 8:13am
Sodipop wrote:
Tuna wrote:
Sodipop wrote:
Thats true. His two neck injuries last year have affected him greatly.
Pourcel is a great rider, he has battled some major issues. He's winding his career down.
Most people who follow CDN MX is happy that he is here. THat being said, he's racing a professional series now and his past is his past. Racers are judged on their current performance or last race.
He rides for a pro factory team that knows the rules so there is no excuse for not following the rules or at least consulting the officials to determine what should have been done. That is plain and simple bush league, more of a joke than people commenting on what a joke our series is.
seth505
Fantasy
1214th
7/24/2017 8:19am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
You don't need to be a doctor to know when you need medical help. When you're sick do you go to the hospital every time and...
You don't need to be a doctor to know when you need medical help. When you're sick do you go to the hospital every time and waste the doctor's time or do you assess your own health and either decide to take over the counter meds because you know you'll get better or say to yourself okay this might be something a little more serious than the flu and I should go to the hospital and seek a professional opinion from a doctor?

If he was so sick to the point that he needed medical help I'm positive he wouldn't of lined up for the 2nd moto or pulled out to go and get checked out if he was that worried about his health. After everything Christophe has been through with his injuries I'm pretty sure he knows that health comes before everything and that includes moto and championships.

The rule is idiotic? I'm guessing you don't know that impound rules are part of every series.
"You don't need to be a doctor to know when you need medical help."

Maybe log out and sit the rest of this one out man...
7/24/2017 8:20am
RG1 wrote:
I like Matthes but he isn't exactly an impartial voice in any subject concerning Pourcel
MXMattii wrote:
It becomes time that CP377 just sues Matthes. What he's doing isn't journalism but mudslinging.
Tuna wrote:
Fuck I almost spit out my drink.
Sue Matthes? That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard.
Especially if you consider that Matthes is about the only one outside Europe who tells it like it is about Pourcel.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3778th
7/24/2017 8:22am
yz133rider wrote:

I'm a fan of Christophe and have been for a long time. I know he's not the same rider he use to be. If he was I know he wouldn't be up here competing in our series but instead be racing down south where the fastest guys are.

Win or lose it doesn't change the fact that even he admitted that the guys are fast. Some of you guys just can't accept that we do have some fast guys up here. It's just rediculous that some people think that America and American riders are the be all end all of everything moto. There's talent all over the world.

If he loses the title this year he'll be losing it to an American not a Canadian and I'm fine with that. To say I'm so pro Canadian without you knowing me is just plain stupid. I cheer for a lot of different riders. It doesn't matter where they are from. I couldn't care less if we had a guy from Brazil or China leading our series. As long as they have a good attitude/personality I'd cheer them on as well.

If he wins the title this year great and if he doesn't there's always next year if he decides to come back.

I'm a fan of moto and racing. All I really care about is watching good racing and we've had that this year.
7/24/2017 8:24am
By the way, I don't know Maverick, I can't thank him enough for all the info he gives us about the canadian nationals and he seems absolutely neutral to me in this Pourcel matter or about who's winning in general.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3778th
7/24/2017 8:29am
RG1 wrote:
I like Matthes but he isn't exactly an impartial voice in any subject concerning Pourcel
MXMattii wrote:
It becomes time that CP377 just sues Matthes. What he's doing isn't journalism but mudslinging.
Tuna wrote:
In the land known as America people suing people over stupid shit is an every day thing. They even have televised shows on it. Judge Judy, Judge Joe Brown, etc.
bvm111
7/24/2017 8:30am
I cant believe I just read this whole thread .... BlinkBlinkBlink
Tuna
7/24/2017 8:31am
MXMattii wrote:
Tuna wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
In the land known as America people suing people over stupid shit is an every day thing. They even have televised shows on it. Judge Judy...
In the land known as America people suing people over stupid shit is an every day thing. They even have televised shows on it. Judge Judy, Judge Joe Brown, etc.
I owned a couple of businesses in South Florida, I know all about getting sued.
BobPA
7/24/2017 8:32am
MXMattii wrote:
Tuna wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
In the land known as America people suing people over stupid shit is an every day thing. They even have televised shows on it. Judge Judy...
Fake shows
Tuna
7/24/2017 8:35am
Tuna wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
BobPA wrote:
Fake shows
Still the most litigious country in a world, and that's a fact.
When you have lawyers soliciting handicapped people to come to your business so they can catch you for a violation with the sole purpose of suing you for money, you have a problem.
Matthes
7/24/2017 8:37am
First off I think the rule is pretty dumb but it is a rule but I guess he got lucky to get docked five spots and not DQ'd.

I spoke to three people who were there or who had witnessed what happened. CP pulled off track, went to his pits, kicked his helmet and knocked some stuff around on his tailgate. The ref came to get his bike and was told he was too sick to stop and put bike in impound. There was no protest as reported by other media, it was CMRC docking him.

After finding out he was docked he went to the CMRC trailer and argued about the penalty (again, IMO, that's not a five spot infraction).

In this podcast after the race http://www.directmotocross.com/rockstar-mx-nationals-pleasant-valley-po… he never mentions being sick, he says that he didn't know he got third.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3778th
7/24/2017 8:37am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
BobPA wrote:
Fake shows
Tuna wrote:
Still the most litigious country in a world, and that's a fact. When you have lawyers soliciting handicapped people to come to your business so they...
When you have lawyers soliciting handicapped people to come to your business so they can catch you for a violation with the sole purpose of suing you for money, you have a problem.
I hope you're not speaking from experience. If so that's just plain messed up.
Sodipop
7/24/2017 8:38am
MXMattii wrote:
Tuna wrote:
DRAGONBACK wrote:
Especially if you consider that Matthes is about the only one outside Europe who tells it like it is about Pourcel.
How is it exactly? Matthes hasn't spoken to him in at least 7 years.

Obviously there is always some axe to grind.

The other day on the pulp mx show the question was posed "who wins now in a race between McGrath and Carmichael?"

All obvious information points to Carmichael. Matthes of course argued McGrath very enthusiastically. Matthes holds grudges and biases.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3778th
7/24/2017 8:40am
So what's the story behind throwing a baby tantrum after the moto? Just not happy with his performance?
Tuna
7/24/2017 8:41am
BobPA wrote:
Fake shows
Tuna wrote:
Still the most litigious country in a world, and that's a fact. When you have lawyers soliciting handicapped people to come to your business so they...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I hope you're not speaking from experience. If so that's just plain messed up.
Believe it brother...
7/24/2017 8:43am
Just listened to the podcast.
Right from the start, Pourcel admits he's full of shit.
Litterally.
Laughing
Tuna
7/24/2017 8:43am
Matthes wrote:
First off I think the rule is pretty dumb but it is a rule but I guess he got lucky to get docked five spots and...
First off I think the rule is pretty dumb but it is a rule but I guess he got lucky to get docked five spots and not DQ'd.

I spoke to three people who were there or who had witnessed what happened. CP pulled off track, went to his pits, kicked his helmet and knocked some stuff around on his tailgate. The ref came to get his bike and was told he was too sick to stop and put bike in impound. There was no protest as reported by other media, it was CMRC docking him.

After finding out he was docked he went to the CMRC trailer and argued about the penalty (again, IMO, that's not a five spot infraction).

In this podcast after the race http://www.directmotocross.com/rockstar-mx-nationals-pleasant-valley-po… he never mentions being sick, he says that he didn't know he got third.
Sounds like he got off easy Steve.
Can't wait to hear all the bro tastic Vital replies now.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3778th
7/24/2017 8:49am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Personally I think him saying he didn't know he made the podium is bullshit. With the start he had he knew full well he was on...
Personally I think him saying he didn't know he made the podium is bullshit. With the start he had he knew full well he was on the podium in that second moto. Not to mention his mechanic has a pit board.

Next 6 moto's will be good but he'll have to win some of them if he wants the championship.
Sodipop wrote:
Personally I think the series has questionable rules and rule enforcement. He thought Alessi edged him out.
How can he think Alessi edged him out when he's in 3rd with Epstein and Goerke in front of him and Alessi was back in 7th?
7/24/2017 8:58am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2017 9:53am
Love this Pourcel podcast.
So, Canada, the tracks are crap, safety is close to zero, the rules are dumb, the medics don't know what they're doing, he's far better than the others guys but they keep beating him 'cause the tracks suck and everything is nicer in the US.
A true masterpiece.

The guy really knows how to make himself popular.

On a more serious note, I really think it's about time he retires.
When you spend half of the time talking about how much racing is dangerous, injuries and friends who died, it only means one thing: you're done.
You can't race pro MX being scared all the time.

MXMattii
7/24/2017 9:01am
RG1 wrote:
MXMattii wrote:
Tuna wrote:
You're probably one of the guys crying about fake news but now supporting it.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3778th
7/24/2017 9:07am
DRAGONBACK wrote:
Love this Pourcel podcast. So, Canada, the tracks are crap, safety is close to zero, the rules are dumb, the medics don't know what they're doing...
Love this Pourcel podcast.
So, Canada, the tracks are crap, safety is close to zero, the rules are dumb, the medics don't know what they're doing, he's far better than the others guys but they keep beating him 'cause the tracks suck and everything is nicer in the US.
A true masterpiece.

The guy really knows how to make himself popular.

On a more serious note, I really think it's about time he retires.
When you spend half of the time talking about how much racing is dangerous, injuries and friends who died, it only means one thing: you're done.
You can't race pro MX being scared all the time.

Said Gopher Dunes was shit more than likely because he got his ass handed to him. Goerke went from last to 2nd in one of the moto's.

I'll definitely have to take a listen to that interview.

If he didn't want to come up and race he should of just got out of his contract. I'm sure he's not struggling too much for money but who knows maybe he needs the paycheck.
Tuna
7/24/2017 9:08am
MXMattii wrote:
Tuna wrote:
MXMattii wrote:
You're probably one of the guys crying about fake news but now supporting it.
You're the one with the sore pussy here aren't you?
Lots of BS being spewed in this thread and it takes Matthes to give people the real scoop.

Post a reply to: Did pourcel get dqed ?

The Latest