Did pourcel get dqed ?

Sodipop
7/24/2017 9:13am
DRAGONBACK wrote:
Love this Pourcel podcast. So, Canada, the tracks are crap, safety is close to zero, the rules are dumb, the medics don't know what they're doing...
Love this Pourcel podcast.
So, Canada, the tracks are crap, safety is close to zero, the rules are dumb, the medics don't know what they're doing, he's far better than the others guys but they keep beating him 'cause the tracks suck and everything is nicer in the US.
A true masterpiece.

The guy really knows how to make himself popular.

On a more serious note, I really think it's about time he retires.
When you spend half of the time talking about how much racing is dangerous, injuries and friends who died, it only means one thing: you're done.
You can't race pro MX being scared all the time.

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Said Gopher Dunes was shit more than likely because he got his ass handed to him. Goerke went from last to 2nd in one of the...
Said Gopher Dunes was shit more than likely because he got his ass handed to him. Goerke went from last to 2nd in one of the moto's.

I'll definitely have to take a listen to that interview.

If he didn't want to come up and race he should of just got out of his contract. I'm sure he's not struggling too much for money but who knows maybe he needs the paycheck.
I hate to break it to you but 70% scared to take risks CP is running second in the series right now so he deserves to race if he wants to. He can also have his opinions on the tracks
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/24/2017 9:20am
DRAGONBACK wrote:
Love this Pourcel podcast. So, Canada, the tracks are crap, safety is close to zero, the rules are dumb, the medics don't know what they're doing...
So, Canada, the tracks are crap, safety is close to zero, the rules are dumb, the medics don't know what they're doing, he's far better than the others guys but they keep beating him 'cause the tracks suck and everything is nicer in the US.
A true masterpiece.

When you spend half of the time talking about how much racing is dangerous, injuries and friends who died, it only means one thing: you're done.

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Said Gopher Dunes was shit more than likely because he got his ass handed to him. Goerke went from last to 2nd in one of the...
Said Gopher Dunes was shit more than likely because he got his ass handed to him. Goerke went from last to 2nd in one of the moto's.

If he didn't want to come up and race he should of just got out of his contract. I'm sure he's not struggling too much for money but who knows maybe he needs the paycheck.
Sodipop wrote:
I hate to break it to you but 70% scared to take risks CP is running second in the series right now so he deserves to...
I hate to break it to you but 70% scared to take risks CP is running second in the series right now so he deserves to race if he wants to. He can also have his opinions on the tracks
Scared = Time to retire!
7/24/2017 9:58am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2017 10:01am
Matthes has good sources and is usually right majority of the time. Knowing Pourcels track record with incidents and tantrums it doesn't seem far fetched.
MXMattii
7/24/2017 10:02am
Tuna wrote:
Fuck I almost spit out my drink.
Sue Matthes? That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard.
MXMattii wrote:
You're probably one of the guys crying about fake news but now supporting it.
Tuna wrote:
You're the one with the sore pussy here aren't you? Lots of BS being spewed in this thread and it takes Matthes to give people the...
You're the one with the sore pussy here aren't you?
Lots of BS being spewed in this thread and it takes Matthes to give people the real scoop.
I use qualitative products, so no sore pussy.

The Shop

oshow
7/24/2017 10:10am
agn5009 wrote:
I think he lost 7 points rather than dq. I don't really understand it. I mean, I get that the bike has to go to impound...
I think he lost 7 points rather than dq. I don't really understand it. I mean, I get that the bike has to go to impound and that's fine. But why didn't they just take the bike to impound and allow christophe to get medical attention or whatever he needed? Or did his bike go to impound and he just wasn't there and was penalized? I would like to hear what happened.
Because it's freaking Canada.... they have to do something to get attention
GangGreen
7/24/2017 10:15am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2017 10:17am
Crush wrote:
That is one of the dumbest fucking rules i've heard of in MX, and it is a sport filled to the brim with dumb fucking rules.
I could care less about the US vs. Canada, or the Matthes vs. Pourcel conflicts. This is supposed to be a professional sport. Initially I thought, “What jackass would protest a medical condition?”, but then thought, Jesus everyone would say they were ill, to get into the air conditioning faster.

This is as inconsistent as AMA Pro, Feld, & MX Sports, just making the rules up as they go along. Even if it is a stupid rule, you still need to FOLLOW IT, AND be consistent with the penalty. Possibly the Ambulance or an EMT should be stationed at the impound area in the future. “What if ....” Pourcel really didn’t know he was third and no race official directed him? The Championship COULD be decided by these 7 points !!!
7/24/2017 10:17am
DRAGONBACK wrote:
A true masterpiece.

Isn't this like your third account with the constant hate on Pourcel? I wonder what he ever did to you to make you so angry about him Grinning
7/24/2017 10:32am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2017 10:43am
So Pourcel has drama literally anywhere he races and when it happens in Canada it's the series' fault? To me I think the rule is a little bullshit but that doesn't change the fact him and especially his team know the rules and they broke them. I get the guy was sick but to me going to impound where they probably have fans to cool you down and water for you to drink is a little better rest for an illness than going back to your pit and throwing a temper tantrum.

I like Pourcel he's a great rider, is incredible to watch and gone through a lot to be where he's at but him and some of his fan boys need to look in the mirror a little bit and realize it's not always someone else's fault, especially when stuff like this happens no matter what series he's racing or what team he's racing for.
7/24/2017 10:34am
Don't see where the hate is...

I'm not gonna try and pretend I like the guy, but what I wrote is exactly what he said...
The title could be "Man, your crappy country really sucks", lol...
Listen to the interview.
Ozzy
7/24/2017 10:37am
STUPID FN RULE!!!
Yes, Rules are Rules, & I'm ALL for Rules,
but the Officials always have to look at what caused what & use common sense beyond such Rules in certain circumstances as you have here!!
So for me & my vast yrs of experience, the OfficIals left their common sense at their hotel.
& yes, his loss of Points is better than a DQ, but still if the Athlete is Proven to be Ill or Injured then that changes everything to me..
Sodipop
7/24/2017 10:40am
DRAGONBACK wrote:
Don't see where the hate is... I'm not gonna try and pretend I like the guy, but what I wrote is exactly what he said... The...

I'm not gonna try and pretend I like the guy, but what I wrote is exactly what he said...
Listen to the interview.
No, that's actually not what he said.
F.B
7/24/2017 10:45am
DRAGONBACK wrote:
Don't see where the hate is... I'm not gonna try and pretend I like the guy, but what I wrote is exactly what he said... The...

Listen to the interview.
Gator, your obsession with Pourcel is really creepy. You need help.
7/24/2017 10:50am
Thanks, I'll be fine.
Think you should do something about your blindness, though.
Wink
Once again, this podcast is the funniest sh** I heard in a while...
Don't think I'm the one who needs help.
It sounds like it's from "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here"!

GangGreen
7/24/2017 10:56am
Ozzy wrote:
STUPID FN RULE!!! Yes, Rules are Rules, & I'm ALL for Rules, but the Officials always have to look at what caused what & use common...
STUPID FN RULE!!!
Yes, Rules are Rules, & I'm ALL for Rules,
but the Officials always have to look at what caused what & use common sense beyond such Rules in certain circumstances as you have here!!
So for me & my vast yrs of experience, the OfficIals left their common sense at their hotel.
& yes, his loss of Points is better than a DQ, but still if the Athlete is Proven to be Ill or Injured then that changes everything to me..
Ozzy wrote. ".... common sense beyond such Rules in certain circumstances"

I respectfully disagree. He should have been disqualified. If the rule is that bad, then the teams can petition, or lobby, to have it altered. What if next race the top three just decide to go back to their motorhomes saying they don't feel well? Even if it is a stupid rule, you still need to FOLLOW IT, and be CONSISTANT with the penalty.
Canadad
7/24/2017 11:24am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Watching Goerke go from last to second that day was one of the most amazing things on a motorcycle I have ever seen. That was a stunning accomplishment...I still believe Goerke is the fastest North American rider in the sand....just an animal.

Gopher was Gopher that day....track management was awesome but that place gets gnarly, makes Southwick look smooth....just ask JYD.

Don't mind hearing some criticism on our tracks but Gopher Dunes should not be one of them.

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/24/2017 11:54am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Canadad wrote:
Watching Goerke go from last to second that day was one of the most amazing things on a motorcycle I have ever seen. That was a...
Watching Goerke go from last to second that day was one of the most amazing things on a motorcycle I have ever seen. That was a stunning accomplishment...I still believe Goerke is the fastest North American rider in the sand....just an animal.

Gopher was Gopher that day....track management was awesome but that place gets gnarly, makes Southwick look smooth....just ask JYD.

Don't mind hearing some criticism on our tracks but Gopher Dunes should not be one of them.

Speaking of the Junk Yard Dog look for him on the line with his son at Deschambault and I'm not talking him being his mechanic. He's apparently strapping the boots on for that one. Awesome!
Canadad
7/24/2017 12:10pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Speaking of the Junk Yard Dog look for him on the line with his son at Deschambault and I'm not talking him being his mechanic. He's...
Speaking of the Junk Yard Dog look for him on the line with his son at Deschambault and I'm not talking him being his mechanic. He's apparently strapping the boots on for that one. Awesome!
It was awesome to see him at MX Bon-Conseil, he looks to be in amazing shape. It was really cool to see the number of people walking up to him to shake his hand...classy! I look forward to seeing him on the bike at Deschambault......#legend
IceMan446
7/24/2017 12:24pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
He broke the impound rule. Sick or not, like I mentioned unfortunately rules are rules. He got protested because he didn't follow the rules. 7 points...
He broke the impound rule. Sick or not, like I mentioned unfortunately rules are rules.

He got protested because he didn't follow the rules. 7 points loss when it's suppose to be an automatic DQ I say they were generous.

He's still in the hunt for the title.
Yeah cause the CMRC is so fair with their "rules are rules"

So if he has a broken arm but finishes the moto in the top three he should have to go to impound still????

What a joke.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/24/2017 12:39pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Speaking of the Junk Yard Dog look for him on the line with his son at Deschambault and I'm not talking him being his mechanic. He's...
Canadad wrote:
It was awesome to see him at MX Bon-Conseil, he looks to be in amazing shape. It was really cool to see the number of people...
It was awesome to see him at MX Bon-Conseil, he looks to be in amazing shape. It was really cool to see the number of people walking up to him to shake his hand...classy! I look forward to seeing him on the bike at Deschambault......#legend
You got to see Goerke's ride a Gopher's and now you'll see JYD ride Deschambault. Do you attend all the Nationals or all of the East ones? Have a son racing the series?

Only nationals I've attended were SDL since it's my home track, Ste-Julie when it was on the schedule because it was a short 2 hour drive and Joliette back in the early 2000's. Now that those 3 are off the schedule the next closest ones are the 2 Quebec rounds but are a few hours away. Ulverton and Deschambault look great on TV so I can only imagine what it's like in person. Same goes for MX Bon-Conseil. Quebec has a lot of great tracks to choose from. Glad I got to ride some of them.

Canadad
7/24/2017 12:54pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
You got to see Goerke's ride a Gopher's and now you'll see JYD ride Deschambault. Do you attend all the Nationals or all of the East...
You got to see Goerke's ride a Gopher's and now you'll see JYD ride Deschambault. Do you attend all the Nationals or all of the East ones? Have a son racing the series?

Only nationals I've attended were SDL since it's my home track, Ste-Julie when it was on the schedule because it was a short 2 hour drive and Joliette back in the early 2000's. Now that those 3 are off the schedule the next closest ones are the 2 Quebec rounds but are a few hours away. Ulverton and Deschambault look great on TV so I can only imagine what it's like in person. Same goes for MX Bon-Conseil. Quebec has a lot of great tracks to choose from. Glad I got to ride some of them.

Gopher is our home track as we are in London. We attend all the ladies rounds with my daughter (#8). Ulverton was awesome, great track and very picturesque setting...Christophe would approve LOL! Deschambault is a great track also, both of them very much National calibre tracks. We miss SDL, we enjoyed the track and being so close to Ottawa was great. MX Bon-Conseil was not a good weekend for us and with only 4 rounds, 1 bad round is difficult to bounce back from.
elementmx
7/24/2017 1:05pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
You got to see Goerke's ride a Gopher's and now you'll see JYD ride Deschambault. Do you attend all the Nationals or all of the East...

lol this fucking guy.

fix the bunch in your canadian flag panties and pipe down. you are irrationally biased
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/24/2017 1:09pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
He broke the impound rule. Sick or not, like I mentioned unfortunately rules are rules. He got protested because he didn't follow the rules. 7 points...
He broke the impound rule. Sick or not, like I mentioned unfortunately rules are rules.

He got protested because he didn't follow the rules. 7 points loss when it's suppose to be an automatic DQ I say they were generous.

He's still in the hunt for the title.
IceMan446 wrote:
Yeah cause the CMRC is so fair with their "rules are rules" So if he has a broken arm but finishes the moto in the top...

So if he has a broken arm but finishes the moto in the top three he should have to go to impound still????

What a joke.
Usually when you break an arm you don't finish your moto. When you hit the ground and you know something isn't right you stay off the track and the medical crew comes to assess you.

BTW impound is right next to the podium and the medics are on site.

Like other's have mentioned he's on a professional team and they know the rules. It was up to them to follow the rules and make sure he stayed there after the moto. If he's not happy about the points deduction that's his problem. He didn't get DQ'ed like the rule book states so he should count himself lucky.

The end result would of been the same had it been Goerke, Facciotti, Medaglia, Alessi, Epstein, Benoit, etc.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
7/24/2017 1:11pm
IceMan446 wrote:
Yeah cause the CMRC is so fair with their "rules are rules" So if he has a broken arm but finishes the moto in the top...

What a joke.
i would think if you are receiving medical attention then your bike would stay and you could go,

Pourcell (according to Matthes's tweets) did not receive medical attention,
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/24/2017 1:36pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2017 1:37pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

elementmx wrote:
lol this fucking guy.

fix the bunch in your canadian flag panties and pipe down. you are irrationally biased
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. I'm just saying Quebec has a lot of nice tracks to choose from. Not every province in Canada has that luxury. I'm sure it's the same thing stateside.

Besides if you don't like our series it's simple, just don't click on the thread.

Apparently that's a hard concept to grasp for some people.
JustMX
7/24/2017 2:45pm Edited Date/Time 7/24/2017 2:46pm
Hut wrote:
He was sick and didn't go sit in impound for 15 minutes? if that is his major violation that is an asinine rule! lol
X2

Because watching our riders go directly the the podium and thumb blow their snot on camera is bad enough.
Who wants to watch a rider puking, either in real life or the inevitable youtube/instagram/snapchat/ fb video
Tuna
7/24/2017 2:50pm
Hut wrote:
He was sick and didn't go sit in impound for 15 minutes? if that is his major violation that is an asinine rule! lol
JustMX wrote:
X2 Because watching our riders go directly the the podium and thumb blow their snot on camera is bad enough. Who wants to watch a rider...
X2

Because watching our riders go directly the the podium and thumb blow their snot on camera is bad enough.
Who wants to watch a rider puking, either in real life or the inevitable youtube/instagram/snapchat/ fb video
He wasn't sick, his sore pussy was bugging him. He had to get off the seat.
Snapper
7/24/2017 3:04pm
Tuna wrote:
Still the most litigious country in a world, and that's a fact. When you have lawyers soliciting handicapped people to come to your business so they...
Still the most litigious country in a world, and that's a fact.
When you have lawyers soliciting handicapped people to come to your business so they can catch you for a violation with the sole purpose of suing you for money, you have a problem.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I hope you're not speaking from experience. If so that's just plain messed up.
Tuna wrote:
Believe it brother...
Then why say that it's stupid for someone to suggest that someone gets sued? Weird.
Tuna
7/24/2017 5:14pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I hope you're not speaking from experience. If so that's just plain messed up.
Tuna wrote:
Believe it brother...
Snapper wrote:
Then why say that it's stupid for someone to suggest that someone gets sued? Weird.
One is a reality living and doing business in South Flirida, the other is a total joke, as if a judge is going to go forward with a civil slander suit because a guy with a podcast makes a joke here and there about someone's service dog and the fact that they are weird. It's not fiction, CP is a fucking weird guy that does weird shit. Of course people will mock him. Just like people in North America would mock or make fun of a dude name snapper...
Sodipop
7/24/2017 5:37pm
Tuna wrote:
Believe it brother...
Snapper wrote:
Tuna wrote:
One is a reality living and doing business in South Flirida, the other is a total joke, as if a judge is going to go forward...
One is a reality living and doing business in South Flirida, the other is a total joke, as if a judge is going to go forward with a civil slander suit because a guy with a podcast makes a joke here and there about someone's service dog and the fact that they are weird. It's not fiction, CP is a fucking weird guy that does weird shit. Of course people will mock him. Just like people in North America would mock or make fun of a dude name snapper...
I've heard he's a nice guy. Why are you so married to the idea of him being some kind of freak?

Don't get hurt swinging from steves sack.

Post a reply to: Did pourcel get dqed ?

The Latest