Did js7...

logan_140
Edited Date/Time 2/21/2015 12:30pm
Talk about his appeal in the transworld mag? If so can someone summarize what was said come back any earlier
|
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
644th
2/20/2015 7:57am
I was kind of wondering about the interview also. I was at a convenience store yesterday and looked to see if they had TWMX but they didn't have it. All I know is he did an interview and I wanted to read it. That is it.
Flex
2/20/2015 8:59am
He appealed it and so he is waiting on the word.
Grizz
2/20/2015 9:01am
The summary is the FIM screwed him over.

The Shop

Randy Savage
2/20/2015 9:02am
What if Jimmy's appeal goes through and they actually allow him to the starting line for outdoors... round 1.

And midway through the season, the new RMZ drops. and its super bad-ass, light, nimble, like ............a Chevy Trucks Kawasaki KX144.
logan_140
2/20/2015 9:04am
Grizz wrote:
well we already knew this lol. Racing is great this year but man imagine stewart being there putting it all on the line
tprice07
2/20/2015 9:04am
Interview has some decent info. Long story short, Coy Gibbs told James he should get on Aderall. It made James feel great daily didn't necessarily improve his racing. During his appeal he pointed out to the people that he only won a moto and an SX after starting on it.

He also pointed that the process was broken with them emailing him on a Friday at 1am their time with the suspension outcome.

In the end he said he thought about quitting but support from McGrath and Deegan as well as fans made him keep at it. His appeal process would cost $200,000 on top of the $200,000 already spent.

Rumor has it he will be back for MX.
2/20/2015 9:24am
"It made James feel great daily ..."

Cheerful

"he only won a moto and an SX after starting on it."

Wait...so '14 was the first he ever took it? What was he doing in '12 and '13 after Gibbs suggested it to him? (Assuming it was back when he rode for them, since that would actually make sense...unless they're still best buds...?)

So he first took it after Toronto and before St. Louis? Hrmrmmmm...noises of mild incredulity...
Hut
2/20/2015 9:36am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2015 9:37am
[b]"It made James feel great daily ..."[/b] :cheer: [b]"he only won a moto and an SX after starting on it."[/b] Wait...so '14 was the first he...
"It made James feel great daily ..."

Cheerful

"he only won a moto and an SX after starting on it."

Wait...so '14 was the first he ever took it? What was he doing in '12 and '13 after Gibbs suggested it to him? (Assuming it was back when he rode for them, since that would actually make sense...unless they're still best buds...?)

So he first took it after Toronto and before St. Louis? Hrmrmmmm...noises of mild incredulity...
CSI Bubba? WGAF!

It would be awesome if they gave him an appeal so he would return to racing at Daytona SX Woohoo
2/20/2015 9:59am
His appeal will be turned down flat. He will be back at MEC.

I was ridiculed here when I said James was going to get a least a one season ban..but I had taken the time to look into how WADA does things, that is what matters. It is not the FIM, the AMA, or FELD. Once you hire an external ADA, they call the shots. It will be the same with appeal.

WADA has never given speed violators less than a year..and most of the time two...and there is no precedence for a reasonable appeal. James should have saved his $200K.

I wish it were different, but that is the way it is. Can't wait till MEC and 2016...
IceMan446
2/20/2015 10:01am
His appeal will be turned down flat. He will be back at MEC. I was ridiculed here when I said James was going to get a...

I was ridiculed here when I said James was going to get a least a one season ban..but I had taken the time to look into how WADA does things, that is what matters. It is not the FIM, the AMA, or FELD. Once you hire an external ADA, they call the shots. It will be the same with appeal.

WADA has never given speed violators less than a year..and most of the time two...and there is no precedence for a reasonable appeal. James should have saved his $200K.

I wish it were different, but that is the way it is. Can't wait till MEC and 2016...
I have a feeling he will be racing this summer.

Old-Man
2/20/2015 10:10am
Be friggen great if he was able to race Vegas...I'll be there anywaySmile
Flex
2/20/2015 10:14am
His appeal will be turned down flat. He will be back at MEC. I was ridiculed here when I said James was going to get a...

WADA allowed him to race. FIM still decided to ban him, if you read the interview you would understand. The appeal is to FIM not WADA.
SEE ARE125
2/20/2015 10:16am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2015 10:20am
Grizz wrote:
I JUST read the article, and that's what I got out of it. I think people at McDonald's run a tighter ship than the FIM.

Basically, he told the lady from the FIM when he was getting tested in Seattle that he was taking Adderall. She told him to fill out a TUE and he did, took the form to his doctor who also filled out a bunch of stuff with his entire medical history, and then sent it in. The lady called and said she got his TUE and would be in touch. Then several weeks went by and he didn't hear anything, he called and the lady said she had been on vacation, and that she LOST HIS TUE. So he sent in another one. Time went by and he heard nothing, until Mike Webb told him that he was suspended. He called the FIM about racing the Nationals and got no answer or returned calls, but the AMA and MX Sports said he could race.

Long story short, the FIM is a joke, IMO. It's good in theory, but the common denominator is that it is ran by some real morons. They've proven it time and again.

Do yourself and favor and buy the magazine. It's good to hear his side of the story. He said that if he had to choose racing or Adderall, he would choose Adderall because it improved his daily life THAT much. Shitty deal.
jeffro503
2/20/2015 10:31am
Grizz wrote:
SEE ARE125 wrote:
I JUST read the article, and that's what I got out of it. I think people at McDonald's run a tighter ship than the FIM. Basically...
I JUST read the article, and that's what I got out of it. I think people at McDonald's run a tighter ship than the FIM.

Basically, he told the lady from the FIM when he was getting tested in Seattle that he was taking Adderall. She told him to fill out a TUE and he did, took the form to his doctor who also filled out a bunch of stuff with his entire medical history, and then sent it in. The lady called and said she got his TUE and would be in touch. Then several weeks went by and he didn't hear anything, he called and the lady said she had been on vacation, and that she LOST HIS TUE. So he sent in another one. Time went by and he heard nothing, until Mike Webb told him that he was suspended. He called the FIM about racing the Nationals and got no answer or returned calls, but the AMA and MX Sports said he could race.

Long story short, the FIM is a joke, IMO. It's good in theory, but the common denominator is that it is ran by some real morons. They've proven it time and again.

Do yourself and favor and buy the magazine. It's good to hear his side of the story. He said that if he had to choose racing or Adderall, he would choose Adderall because it improved his daily life THAT much. Shitty deal.
I suppose he doesn't have any records of talking to this lady? Why is she not stepping up and saying anything? If he did in fact file it and someone else dropped the ball than that is sad to say the least.

But.....if he filed the TUE at Seattle.......I would think that's a little late.....wouldn't you? " Aww crap....we are being tested right now....can I fill out a TUE? "........I don't think it works like that.

This is his side of the story.....i sure would like to hear the side of a FIM representative. And with all that being said....if the FIM dropped the ball and lost his paperwork ( if he filed it in time ) .....then yes , I'd be getting a lawyer as well. But filing it on the night of the event......umm?
SEE ARE125
2/20/2015 10:40am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2015 10:44am
jeffro503 wrote:
I suppose he doesn't have any records of talking to this lady? Why is she not stepping up and saying anything? If he did in fact...
I suppose he doesn't have any records of talking to this lady? Why is she not stepping up and saying anything? If he did in fact file it and someone else dropped the ball than that is sad to say the least.

But.....if he filed the TUE at Seattle.......I would think that's a little late.....wouldn't you? " Aww crap....we are being tested right now....can I fill out a TUE? "........I don't think it works like that.

This is his side of the story.....i sure would like to hear the side of a FIM representative. And with all that being said....if the FIM dropped the ball and lost his paperwork ( if he filed it in time ) .....then yes , I'd be getting a lawyer as well. But filing it on the night of the event......umm?
I don't know how it works for sure, but he said you sign an anti-doping code at the beginning of the season. JS knew he had ADHD and was taking Adderall, but it makes more sense(IMO) for the TUE to be filled out at each event, because riders get injuries and illnesses and may be on or off of different medications throughout the season. It's hard to predict the flu, an injury, or something else. Like I said, I don't know how it works, but filing a TUE at each event would make more sense to me, as opposed to filing it pre-season. Maybe mom241 can shed some light, I remember her saying that a form had to be filled out at the event just before being tested.
jeffro503
2/20/2015 10:48am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2015 10:51am
jeffro503 wrote:
I suppose he doesn't have any records of talking to this lady? Why is she not stepping up and saying anything? If he did in fact...

SEE ARE125 wrote:
I don't know how it works for sure, but he said you sign an anti-doping code at the beginning of the season. JS knew he had...
I don't know how it works for sure, but he said you sign an anti-doping code at the beginning of the season. JS knew he had ADHD and was taking Adderall, but it makes more sense(IMO) for the TUE to be filled out at each event, because riders get injuries and illnesses and may be on or off of different medications throughout the season. It's hard to predict the flu, an injury, or something else. Like I said, I don't know how it works, but filing a TUE at each event would make more sense to me, as opposed to filing it pre-season. Maybe mom241 can shed some light, I remember her saying that a form had to be filled out at the event just before being tested.
I think filing for something like cold-n-flu medicine is different though right? That's a 1 - 2 week medication.....where as something like Adderall would need to be filed at the beginning of the year and then approved. An article I read on here stated that there are different groups of medication. I think Adderall was one of the things that needed special attention and was listed at the top of the page. I " think " it was mom241 that stated that Adderall was listed at the top of the page in bold letters and would of been really hard to miss.

Another words.....Adderall is a once a year type filing......not a " Night of the event " type filing. I think that's common sense , since it would cover you for an entire year.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
2/20/2015 10:51am
jeffro503 wrote:

SEE ARE125 wrote:
I don't know how it works for sure, but he said you sign an anti-doping code at the beginning of the season. JS knew he had...
jeffro503 wrote:
I think filing for something like cold-n-flu medicine is different though right? That's a 1 - 2 week medication.....where as something like Adderall would need to...
I think filing for something like cold-n-flu medicine is different though right? That's a 1 - 2 week medication.....where as something like Adderall would need to be filed at the beginning of the year and then approved. An article I read on here stated that there are different groups of medication. I think Adderall was one of the things that needed special attention and was listed at the top of the page. I " think " it was mom241 that stated that Adderall was listed at the top of the page in bold letters and would of been really hard to miss.

Another words.....Adderall is a once a year type filing......not a " Night of the event " type filing. I think that's common sense , since it would cover you for an entire year.
He said he was negligent and didn't read everything, and new it deserved a penalty. He said he thought they were testing for things like steroids, not a common medication that he has a prescription for.
IWreckALot
2/20/2015 10:52am
Grizz wrote:
SEE ARE125 wrote:
I JUST read the article, and that's what I got out of it. I think people at McDonald's run a tighter ship than the FIM. Basically...

Wow if that's the real side of the story, saying the FIM screwed him over doesn't even begin to describe the situation. Surely the FIM is so stupid as to have someone on their payroll, losing paperwork, then suspending high profile riders over it. . .
Xeno
2/20/2015 10:52am
The dog ate my homework.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
2/20/2015 11:01am
Grizz wrote:
SEE ARE125 wrote:

IWreckALot wrote:
Wow if that's the real side of the story, saying the FIM screwed him over doesn't even begin to describe the situation. Surely the FIM is...
Wow if that's the real side of the story, saying the FIM screwed him over doesn't even begin to describe the situation. Surely the FIM is so stupid as to have someone on their payroll, losing paperwork, then suspending high profile riders over it. . .
In the latest RacerX DC said he thinks Stewart is being made an example of, and strongly disagrees with the excessive penalty.
jeffro503
2/20/2015 11:08am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
I think filing for something like cold-n-flu medicine is different though right? That's a 1 - 2 week medication.....where as something like Adderall would need to...

gsxrcr28 wrote:
He said he was negligent and didn't read everything, and new it deserved a penalty. He said he thought they were testing for things like steroids...
He said he was negligent and didn't read everything, and new it deserved a penalty. He said he thought they were testing for things like steroids, not a common medication that he has a prescription for.
It is a " common medication " yes for people with ADD......but it is also extremely " common" with Athletes that use it for an advantage. ( Not saying James was using that way.....just the line of thinking through the FIM's eyes ) Taking the word of an athlete is one thing , but you still need to have your paper work filed.
Hut
2/20/2015 11:11am
Grizz wrote:
SEE ARE125 wrote:

I need to find a copy of that magazine. It sounds pretty much opposite all the high and mighty experts around here were saying.

There is a reason our Forefathers fought for independence.
IWreckALot
2/20/2015 11:12am
gsxrcr28 wrote:
In the latest RacerX DC said he thinks Stewart is being made an example of, and strongly disagrees with the excessive penalty.
I'd agree. Not only being made an example of, but being wrongly punished in the first place. Hopefully DC can make something happen so that James can race outdoors. He seems like the kind of guy that doesn't give a shit about politics and will do what's right but sometimes contractual agreements stand in your way.

Is the FIM over MX also or just SX?
Hut
2/20/2015 11:14am
jeffro503 wrote:
It is a " common medication " yes for people with ADD......but it is also extremely " common" with Athletes that use it for an advantage...
It is a " common medication " yes for people with ADD......but it is also extremely " common" with Athletes that use it for an advantage. ( Not saying James was using that way.....just the line of thinking through the FIM's eyes ) Taking the word of an athlete is one thing , but you still need to have your paper work filed.
That description says he sent paperwork in twice and they mishandled it. Sounds like an FIM paperwork issue maybe they need to be banned.
jeffro503
2/20/2015 11:16am
jeffro503 wrote:
It is a " common medication " yes for people with ADD......but it is also extremely " common" with Athletes that use it for an advantage...
Hut wrote:
That description says he sent paperwork in twice and they mishandled it. Sounds like an FIM paperwork issue maybe they need to be banned.
I haven't read the article.....so I'm going off what " SEE ARE 125 " wrote above......and that was the first time he filed was the night of the Seattle SX. Is that true or not?
Hut
2/20/2015 11:17am
jeffro503 wrote:
Hut wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
I haven't read the article.....so I'm going off what " SEE ARE 125 " wrote above......and that was the first time he filed was the night...
I haven't read the article.....so I'm going off what " SEE ARE 125 " wrote above......and that was the first time he filed was the night of the Seattle SX. Is that true or not?
I'm just reading what SEE ARE wrote as well
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
2/20/2015 11:23am
jeffro503 wrote:
Hut wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
I haven't read the article.....so I'm going off what " SEE ARE 125 " wrote above......and that was the first time he filed was the night...
Yes, when the lady testing asked if he was on any medication, he said yes, Adderall. She said ok you need a TUE for that and he filled it out then.
2/20/2015 11:32am
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Yes, when the lady testing asked if he was on any medication, he said yes, Adderall. She said ok you need a TUE for that and...
Yes, when the lady testing asked if he was on any medication, he said yes, Adderall. She said ok you need a TUE for that and he filled it out then.
Well I see where he messed up.
TerryB
2/20/2015 11:48am
Stew is gettin' fucked In his pooter.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, JUST LET THE POOR BOY RIDE HIS DIRT SICKLE!!!

Post a reply to: Did js7...

The Latest