Dear Diary

McG194
Edited Date/Time 7/13/2022 8:55pm
I guess we have to start a thread with "Dear ....." now. lol

I think dirt bikes and mountain bikes might be hurting me too much. I'm trying to get at least two rides on my KTM and two rides on my mountain bike every week. Last week Thursday I had a pretty nasty pedal strike on my Turbo Levo and didn't think nothing of it. As I was showering up last night I looked down at my foot and my toes were all kinds of purple and nasty. The good news is I already lost the big toenail on that foot to a pedal strike last fall. The bad news is I'm always in pain, so I don't even realize when I'm actually hurt.

I guess John Wayne was right "If you're gonna be dumb (or lack talent) you better be tough."

I can't be the only one who finds injuries, let's hear yours.
|
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
7/13/2022 11:35am
You want guys on this site to list injuries ? 10,000 pages...
McG194
7/13/2022 11:38am
sumdood wrote:
You want guys on this site to list injuries ? 10,000 pages...
Haha true, just injuries that you didn't know you had amuse me.

I'm 54 and I sure don't talk like my non riding friends or family of the same age.
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
7/13/2022 11:43am
Deal Rord....what did I start now.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
7/13/2022 12:20pm
Been battered and bruised a bunch, but thankfully have never broken a bone or torn anything.

The Shop

Mouse153
7/13/2022 12:28pm
I don't "find" injuries per say but I do find a bunch of cuts and bruises. At least once a week my wife will ask why I'm bleeding or where I got that bruise and most of the time I don't know. I suspect that most cuts come from working on dirt bikes but the bruises I usually don't know.
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
7/13/2022 4:13pm
Mouse153 wrote:
I don't "find" injuries per say but I do find a bunch of cuts and bruises. At least once a week my wife will ask why...
I don't "find" injuries per say but I do find a bunch of cuts and bruises. At least once a week my wife will ask why I'm bleeding or where I got that bruise and most of the time I don't know. I suspect that most cuts come from working on dirt bikes but the bruises I usually don't know.
I’m getting that old man crepe paper skin. “Why does my leg feel wet” “Oh I brushed against the gas meter” Unsure

SEEMEFIRST
7/13/2022 4:53pm
Mouse153 wrote:
I don't "find" injuries per say but I do find a bunch of cuts and bruises. At least once a week my wife will ask why...
sumdood wrote:
I’m getting that old man crepe paper skin. “Why does my leg feel wet” “Oh I brushed against the gas meter” :unsure: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/07/13/559438/s1200_7DCC025A_4780_481A_8B2F_E43C9276A6CD.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/07/13/559439/s1200_A0E2C1BD_FCA5_41FF_8F1A_682FDD332A14.jpg[/img]
I’m getting that old man crepe paper skin. “Why does my leg feel wet” “Oh I brushed against the gas meter” Unsure

That's me.
I can look at a sharp object and bleed.
tobz
7/13/2022 5:25pm
Lived with a broken wrist for 9 weeks before the doctor finally ordered an X-ray. He insisted it was sprained because I could move my fingers.

Fun times.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
7/13/2022 6:33pm
I once broke my t5 vertebra in a crash at the track. I got up and did another lap to try and shake it off.
After sitting for 10 minutes, I decided to try and do a couple more laps before I went full stiff…that hurt
Went home, worked a 60 hour week (lucky to be the boss) and then went to the Dr on Saturday morning. Found out a had a compression fracture…
All of a sudden my back pain got worse. Lol
Sometimes we can set aside the pain, to have more pleasure riding our dirt bikes. We ain’t the smartest bunch
cmotodad
7/13/2022 7:17pm
Not to upvote your broken vertebrae but we definiltly do some dumb stuff. We say we are tough but I think we might be dumb -hits.
JM485
7/13/2022 7:19pm
On 4th of July our town did a fireworks show in the main city park, which also happens to be where the skatepark is. People got there early for live music, games, etc so there were thousands of people at this thing in the evening time, and most had pretty much never even seen skateboarding before. Needless to say our park crew had a pretty sizable crowd watching all night (we're really not any good but the commoners don't know that), and I got so lost in the session and hanging out with everyone that I didn't even notice I had worn through the side of my shoe and into my foot until I got home to take a shower and realized my foot was bleeding. Laughing

Good times though, that was a session for the ages.
stone881
7/13/2022 8:10pm
McG194 wrote:
I guess we have to start a thread with "Dear ....." now. lol I think dirt bikes and mountain bikes might be hurting me too much...

I think dirt bikes and mountain bikes might be hurting me too much. I'm trying to get at least two rides on my KTM and two rides on my mountain bike every week. Last week Thursday I had a pretty nasty pedal strike on my Turbo Levo and didn't think nothing of it. As I was showering up last night I looked down at my foot and my toes were all kinds of purple and nasty. The good news is I already lost the big toenail on that foot to a pedal strike last fall. The bad news is I'm always in pain, so I don't even realize when I'm actually hurt.

I guess John Wayne was right "If you're gonna be dumb (or lack talent) you better be tough."

Better question, where did you find a rock in Florida for a pedal strike!?

My biggest problem is the crab claw hands I have from holding on to handlebars, ski poles, weights and now a mouse for the last 20 years. I never had problems with arm pump, but now my hands are constantly "pumped".
McG194
7/13/2022 8:50pm
McG194 wrote:
I guess we have to start a thread with "Dear ....." now. lol I think dirt bikes and mountain bikes might be hurting me too much...

stone881 wrote:
Better question, where did you find a rock in Florida for a pedal strike!? My biggest problem is the crab claw hands I have from holding...
Better question, where did you find a rock in Florida for a pedal strike!?

My biggest problem is the crab claw hands I have from holding on to handlebars, ski poles, weights and now a mouse for the last 20 years. I never had problems with arm pump, but now my hands are constantly "pumped".
Oh, much worse than rocks. I found the bane of my offroad existence...... Palmetto roots.

On my dirt bike they can send me on my head before I even realize they are there, on the MTB I hammer into them with my feet.

McG194
7/13/2022 8:55pm
Here's a picture that demonstrates their magnetic pull.

mayzo
7/13/2022 9:00pm
Went out for a ride with a few mate’s, back to base and sitting around having a few beers talking shit. My mate goes “What did you do to your foot” I looked down to see what he was talking about. Can’t explain the bruising, felt all ok, walked with out ant trouble. Wasn’t even sore to touch. Brushing went away after a few weeks.

Post a reply to: Dear Diary

The Latest