DV says Eli on the 250 at MXON

PRM31
7/21/2022 5:38pm
So, what 3 results in the best score? With Anderson out, I think it’s Sexton, Craig, and Eli on the 250.
Park Boys
Fantasy
42nd
7/21/2022 6:41pm
J. Sloan wrote:
Tomac is next level material. Gajser is a win when Herlings is out racer. Team U.S.A. is going to smoke the world and stand at the...
Tomac is next level material. Gajser is a win when Herlings is out racer. Team U.S.A. is going to smoke the world and stand at the top of the podium so long as they make a wise 250 pick.
Take it down a notch. We all thought it was a sure thing in 2018 too
If it rains we lose, if it don’t we win. As long as the 250 guy don’t blow it. I really think it’s as simple as that.
7/21/2022 7:42pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2022 7:50pm
My ideal teams would be:

1. MX1 Sexton, MX2 Tomac, MX3 Craig.
Sexton and Tomac are obviously clear choices. I think Sexton is too much of a 450 rider to drop down. Tomac might be the fastest American right now, and I think even on a smaller bike he would be competitive. Plus the star 250 is the fastest 250 at the moment. He could get a good start on that bike and stay close to the front. Basically I agree with everything DV said. My only concern is Hunter in the 250 class, he would be a tough challenge for Eli. Craig is our next best American I believe, but he is for sure a better 450 outdoor rider than 250 outdoor rider. 2019 his best finish was a 10th I believe, the last time before that he rode a 250 outdoors was 2016, his best finish was a 11th. Granted he never rode a star bike outdoors, so I’m not sure.

2. MX1 Sexton, MX2 Tomac, MX3 Anderson.
Anderson is still clearly very fast, but his starts concern me. Keeping him on a 450 is obvious. He’s had good speed at MXdN before and is very pumped to represent America. I know he would give his all. He says he’s getting surgery at the end of the year, but I get being selected for a 450 would change that.

3. MX1 Sexton, MX2 Cooper, MX3 Tomac
If Justin can have a solid final 5 rounds, I think he would be faster than anyone else jumping down to a 250 besides Tomac. But I think he is a bit of a head case at the moment. Completely changing his set up, he’s clearly searching and not comfortable right now. If he can’t get it together and get a few podiums before the end of the year, this is not a good choice. But at one point when he had confidence, he was getting great starts. And that would be huge at MXdN, put him on the inside gate and let him hug the first turn tight and come out top 5.

4. MX1 Sexton, MX2 Tomac, MX3 Dungey.
Dungey has been very consistent all year long, gets pretty good starts, and does not fade. He’s used to RedBud, so he would be comfortable as well. Being on KTM would be a positive as well as he could test a few of the GP set ups and find something that works. Dungey has won and lost at MXdN, so he would be a good resource for the team.

5. MX1 Sexton, MX2 Barcia, MX3 Tomac
I do believe Bam Bam would give it his all in this event, and another case where I believe the only MX2 rider to beat him would be Hunter. Justin could also benefit from being with the KTM group, having access to MXGP set ups. If Justin were to be selected, I would love for him to race the final 4 rounds in the 250 class. Justin’s not doing very well in the points, so let him drop down and let Mosiman or Brown ride the 450 or 350. Can see if they’re worth hanging onto, and let Justin get used to the pace of the 250 class again.

6. MX1 Tomac, MX2 Sexton, MX3 Anderson.
Another case where Anderson would be stoked to have a 450 ride and would give it his all. Now for Sexton, I know he wouldn’t want to drop down but it could be so glorious. He would get all the Hannah/O’mara comparisons that DV said Tomac would get. I believe Chase has improved as a rider significantly since stepping up to the 450, and I think the 250 Honda has improved tremendously since the 250 program is back in house with Honda. The bike is clearly capable of getting good starts, maybe even better than the star bike right now. I think if Chase could swallow his pride and take one for the team, he would be viewed as an American motocross hero.
Press516
Fantasy
80th
7/22/2022 7:30am Edited Date/Time 7/22/2022 7:31am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
J. Cooper in for Puerto Rico? Grinning
I think the Puerto Rico thing is cool. And if they use it as a fund raiser for a specific and legitimate cause in Puerto Rico, I say do it every year. I would donate...

As for the team, I think the riders all should be guys that were NOT considered for team USA.

MX2 - Mosiman
MX1 - Joey Savatgy
MX3 - Aaron Plessinger or Shane McElrath

The Shop

Press516
Fantasy
80th
7/22/2022 7:35am
J. Sloan wrote:
Tomac is next level material. Gajser is a win when Herlings is out racer. Team U.S.A. is going to smoke the world and stand at the...
Tomac is next level material. Gajser is a win when Herlings is out racer. Team U.S.A. is going to smoke the world and stand at the top of the podium so long as they make a wise 250 pick.
Take it down a notch. We all thought it was a sure thing in 2018 too
Park Boys wrote:
If it rains we lose, if it don’t we win. As long as the 250 guy don’t blow it. I really think it’s as simple as...
If it rains we lose, if it don’t we win. As long as the 250 guy don’t blow it. I really think it’s as simple as that.
Pretty spot on... We thought 2018 was a win in the making until we got there and saw the track. Then everything went out the window.

If it gets a prep close to the national, the US team should have a good race... If it's raining and a mud track, the US goes in to survival mode. The US riders just don't practice and test for those conditions like the GP guys do.
BadBoyBobbyB
7/22/2022 7:47am
Its quite the entitlement attitude to try and demand or influence Eli Tomac into racing a 250f. The man is already agreeing to go to the race and perform for free, for your entertainment. To then try and dictate that he rides a bike he's not familiar with or uncomfortable on comes across as disrespectful. If i was in Tomac's camp I would be telling him not to enter MXON at all. Nothing to gain and risk of injury without pay. The only person Tomac is helping by even showing up is fat boy Luongo. America doesn't need Tomac to lose to a more developed European country
Johnny Ringo
7/22/2022 7:51am
Its quite the entitlement attitude to try and demand or influence Eli Tomac into racing a 250f. The man is already agreeing to go to the...
Its quite the entitlement attitude to try and demand or influence Eli Tomac into racing a 250f. The man is already agreeing to go to the race and perform for free, for your entertainment. To then try and dictate that he rides a bike he's not familiar with or uncomfortable on comes across as disrespectful. If i was in Tomac's camp I would be telling him not to enter MXON at all. Nothing to gain and risk of injury without pay. The only person Tomac is helping by even showing up is fat boy Luongo. America doesn't need Tomac to lose to a more developed European country
The shit people find to be disrespectful these days is wild
Press516
Fantasy
80th
7/22/2022 10:08am
I think it's going to be Craig... If Eli and Chase have input, Roger says they do. And Craig is going to be on a white KTM next year and that bodes well for Roger's choice. It's just a feeling, but I'm betting they choose Craig.
motokiwi
Fantasy
293rd
7/22/2022 10:41am Edited Date/Time 7/22/2022 10:42am
Press516 wrote:
I think the Puerto Rico thing is cool. And if they use it as a fund raiser for a specific and legitimate cause in Puerto Rico...
I think the Puerto Rico thing is cool. And if they use it as a fund raiser for a specific and legitimate cause in Puerto Rico, I say do it every year. I would donate...

As for the team, I think the riders all should be guys that were NOT considered for team USA.

MX2 - Mosiman
MX1 - Joey Savatgy
Puerto Rico team is the highest grade bullshit.

Ignorant yanks sending riders over on a technicality while knocking Countries like New Zealand into the b final. Heads are SO far up asses.
H4L
7/22/2022 10:46am
Strongly disagree with DV. That would be a colossal mistake on the US team if that decision was made..
Press516
Fantasy
80th
7/22/2022 10:52am Edited Date/Time 7/22/2022 10:54am
Press516 wrote:
I think the Puerto Rico thing is cool. And if they use it as a fund raiser for a specific and legitimate cause in Puerto Rico...

MX2 - Mosiman
MX1 - Joey Savatgy
motokiwi wrote:
Puerto Rico team is the highest grade bullshit. Ignorant yanks sending riders over on a technicality while knocking Countries like New Zealand into the b final...

Ignorant yanks sending riders over on a technicality while knocking Countries like New Zealand into the b final. Heads are SO far up asses.
Your opinion is noted... But that's all it is, your opinion. Get faster riders...

They raised $350,000 and put roofs on homes along with other repairs. If it's legal, it's legal...

You got beat by 2 old retired guys and a flat track racer... One was on a 250 2 stroke against 450's.
Johnny Ringo
7/22/2022 10:54am
Press516 wrote:

MX2 - Mosiman
MX1 - Joey Savatgy
motokiwi wrote:
Puerto Rico team is the highest grade bullshit. Ignorant yanks sending riders over on a technicality while knocking Countries like New Zealand into the b final...

Boo hoo
motokiwi
Fantasy
293rd
7/22/2022 11:25am Edited Date/Time 7/22/2022 11:29am
Press516 wrote:
Your opinion is noted... But that's all it is, your opinion. Get faster riders... They raised $350,000 and put roofs on homes along with other repairs...
Your opinion is noted... But that's all it is, your opinion. Get faster riders...

They raised $350,000 and put roofs on homes along with other repairs. If it's legal, it's legal...

You got beat by 2 old retired guys and a flat track racer... One was on a 250 2 stroke against 450's.
They only raise money because they know its bull crap and un-sportsman like.

Like I said - ignorant yanks with their heads so far up their own asses.

Travel to another country one day and see how tough it is for the rest of the world to race professionally, let alone travel - and y'all might have some appreciation for the riders that are there - and not taint it with y'all lack of culture and respect.
jaun
7/22/2022 2:05pm
Press516 wrote:
Your opinion is noted... But that's all it is, your opinion. Get faster riders... They raised $350,000 and put roofs on homes along with other repairs...

motokiwi wrote:
They only raise money because they know its bull crap and un-sportsman like. Like I said - ignorant yanks with their heads so far up their...

Travel to another country one day and see how tough it is for the rest of the world to race professionally, let alone travel - and y'all might have some appreciation for the riders that are there - and not taint it with y'all lack of culture and respect.
The irony of you saying "y'all" which is a yank thing can't be unnoticed 🤣
Press516
Fantasy
80th
7/22/2022 2:40pm
Press516 wrote:

motokiwi wrote:
They only raise money because they know its bull crap and un-sportsman like. Like I said - ignorant yanks with their heads so far up their...

HAHAHA!!! Jealous much? Y'all think we've never traveled? See you at MXoN next year in France.

Post a reply to: DV says Eli on the 250 at MXON

The Latest