Cycle Gear in Katy TX

Related:
Create New Tag

11/13/2020 11:07 AM

Cycle Gear just opened a new location in Katy TX. I have never seen this much motocross and off road gear in one location. It is worth a visit if in the area.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

11/13/2020 11:20 AM

Beautiful!

|

11/13/2020 11:50 AM

Alot better than the Austin location, which has gotten less and less dirt bike stuff over the last few years.

|

11/13/2020 11:53 AM

Good selection on other brands on only their in-house? Last time i went to one years ago in north houston, it was 95% their house brand.

|

11/13/2020 11:56 AM

damn that looks sweet

|

11/13/2020 12:04 PM

1983YZ125 wrote:

Good selection on other brands on only their in-house? Last time i went to one years ago in north houston, it was 95% their house brand.

Judging by the photos they have Fox, Thor O’Neal and Bilt....and that was only the gear I saw. It looks like a good selection to me!

|

-streets-

11/13/2020 12:16 PM

wow, maybe cycle gear is trying to up their game again. When they first opened in my area, it had A LOT. Over the years, moto has faded, and the only thing they offer is there own line.

Nice to see them open one up again that is more moto focused.

|

11/13/2020 12:36 PM

1983YZ125 wrote:

swedishfishmx wrote:

Judging by the photos they have Fox, Thor O’Neal and Bilt....and that was only the gear I saw. It looks like a good selection to me!

Plus Fly and a ton of Fasthouse.

|

11/13/2020 12:38 PM

zookrider62! wrote:

wow, maybe cycle gear is trying to up their game again. When they first opened in my area, it had A LOT. Over the years, moto has faded, and the only thing they offer is there own line.

Nice to see them open one up again that is more moto focused.

25% of the store was moto and off road, but it is a huge store.

|

11/13/2020 1:12 PM

Nice, I live really close by and got an email from them about opening. I'll have to check it out this weekend and pick up a few things.

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

11/13/2020 1:21 PM

I guess everything is bigger in Texas. I've never seen a Cycle Gear that big out here.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

11/13/2020 1:56 PM

That helmet wall is amazing.

|

Check out my projects - Lukaitis Photo - NJ Motocross - The Moto Pages The Privateer's Story

For help with motorsports marketing, media, and management visit ScottLukaitis.com

11/13/2020 5:49 PM

Nice. The other Houston locations are sparse for MX stuff.

|

11/13/2020 6:43 PM

Boots for a friend who'd just landed and forgot his boots (Bay Area on our way to Hollister).
"Bolt" kits for 2018 RMZ, 2019 SXF, 2020 CRF (Always Murietta for some reason).
Last minute oil/chain lube. (EVERYWHERE there's a Cycle Gear!)
Grips. (Everywhere, again)
Tires...too many times...GAWD I HATE CHANGING TIRES! Usually in teh Bay Area.
Chain for everything form a TLR to a GSXR (Most times San Jose...for some reason...?).
Helmet for a friend who's helmet I WAS NOT gonna let him ride in (Sacramento in-route to M-Ville & onceon the way to Laguna).
At least 3 ramps (OC)
At least 2 stands (OC)

The shit I've bought last minute at Cycle Gear. It's dumb-founding.

Nice!

Btw, the place was created by dirt-bikers. Which is nice.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

11/13/2020 6:52 PM

I vividly remember getting my first non hand me down set of Gear at our local cycle gear. It was either 2006 or 2007 and it was a black and white Fox set and I got Oakley O-Frames in the "Tattoo" pattern. I remember the smell of the brand new foam from the goggles still, that's why I buy way too many goggles now.

Sadly that cycle gear closed shortly after, and now I work at a dealer five minutes away from where it used to be. I love to see parents bring in their younger children because I can see the euphoria of the kid getting new gear, they probably felt just as cool as I did in cycle gear that day.

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

11/13/2020 7:08 PM

Do you guys do a lot of riding in the area?? I’ve been staying in Houston & riding all over!! Riding Irondog tomorrow 🤘& possibly racing 3 palms tomorrow evening. Let me know if you’ll be around!

|

11/13/2020 7:32 PM

NicNak wrote:

Do you guys do a lot of riding in the area?? I’ve been staying in Houston & riding all over!! Riding Irondog tomorrow 🤘& possibly racing 3 palms tomorrow evening. Let me know if you’ll be around!

Whats your instagram handle? I'll add you to the group. I ride with a wide range of skill levels, so I'm sure you'll find someone around your speed

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

11/14/2020 5:49 AM

NicNak wrote:

USA wrote:

Whats your instagram handle? I'll add you to the group. I ride with a wide range of skill levels, so I'm sure you'll find someone around your speed

Ahh man I don’t have Instagram..ain’t nobody got time for that. Snapchat me at Nicnak492 or text me at 309-258-4671. My names Nick & I’m super outgoing!

|

11/14/2020 7:38 AM

Funny story- I don't know if it is COVID related pricing with the online places, but I bought an MX33 rear for my 450 at my local Cycle Gear last week because it was $30-ish cheaper that Rocky Mountain or Motosport!

|

11/14/2020 8:12 AM

mark_swart wrote:

Funny story- I don't know if it is COVID related pricing with the online places, but I bought an MX33 rear for my 450 at my local Cycle Gear last week because it was $30-ish cheaper that Rocky Mountain or Motosport!

DOH!

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

11/14/2020 4:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/14/2020 5:07 PM

1983YZ125 wrote:

swedishfishmx wrote:

Holigan wrote:

Plus Fly and a ton of Fasthouse.

I stopped by earlier today on the way home from riding. By far better than any other cycle gear i've been into and most dealerships. Great selection on Alpinestar boots in the store for MX, didn't see Enduro models but they had about every model MX boot, and good selection on the kid side of things it seemed.

We were trying to get my wife a new pair of goggles, was hoping for same Scott's i have as they breath very well and don't fog up. All they had was 1 pair...Didn't seem like they were short on inventory or blank spots which was disappointing. Ended up with a nice pair of 100% instead for her even in the right color to match her helmet so it all worked out.

A lot of brands posted on the wall, are not in the store but look to be online.
Was hoping to see Fly Patrol OTB pants as i've apparently put on some COVID weight laughing but couldn't find any fly in the dirt bike gear. Saw Fox, Fasthouse, Thor and O' Neil for sure but after over the boot style pants. Definitely in the minority here for what i was looking for so wasn't surprised not to see that style of pant.

Very good oil/lube section. Was impressed to see the variety and had a good selection of Motul which is my preference for my bikes. Also very good tire selection it seemed.

Definitely will keep them in mind moving forward when i'm on that side of town or when i need something last minute.

|