Cooper Webb

aeffertz
Posts
12797
Joined
7/16/2015
Location
La Crosse, WI, USA
Edited Date/Time 12/8/2015 7:51am
This dude is the real deal.

As a guy the lives an hour from Millville, of course I have to root for the Martins, but man. Webb is just doing everything he can to not only put on a great show for us fans in the off season, but to also put money into his bank account at the same time.

I really think Cooper's name is going to be in the books as one of the greatest for this sport.
|
RUTCITY
Posts
243
Joined
5/24/2013
Location
USA, OH, USA
12/2/2015 4:58am
Agreed.

I cant decide where he will end up on the 450 though.... Thats been the hot topic with my buddies lately.

I feel like Decoster would love Webb, could he take Dean-O's spot?

JGR has to be foaming at the mouth!

Does yamaha wait for him to graduate to create the Yamaha team we have been hearing about the past few months?

Does he take Wil Hahn's KXF?

Thoughts????
kongols
Posts
24229
Joined
9/22/2009
Location
Riga, LV
12/2/2015 5:14am
Honda. Stamp it.
51xc
Posts
2190
Joined
7/27/2015
Location
DE
12/2/2015 5:15am
that yamaha seems to work for view guys at the moment and I don't really see him change to a different manufacturer for the near future.
especially after him talking about how chad reed a big role model was for him and now reed being involved with yamaha again as rider and very likely with the factory team that seems to come in 2017.
Gringoe
Posts
1586
Joined
4/12/2014
Location
MP
12/2/2015 5:35am
No idea what 450 team he will ride but I know the check will be FAT... Probably the biggest rookie salary in a long time

The Shop

Jono
Posts
535
Joined
9/17/2011
Location
AU
12/2/2015 5:39am
Is he still on 250s for 16?

Anyway i think JGR Would be perfect for him, They'll have a stacked house with Barcia, Pieck, Webb and factory phil if he stays on.
aeffertz
Posts
12797
Joined
7/16/2015
Location
La Crosse, WI, USA
12/2/2015 5:57am
Still on 250's, which I think is the right move.
51xc
Posts
2190
Joined
7/27/2015
Location
DE
12/2/2015 6:03am
Jono wrote:
Is he still on 250s for 16? Anyway i think JGR Would be perfect for him, They'll have a stacked house with Barcia, Pieck, Webb and...
Is he still on 250s for 16?

Anyway i think JGR Would be perfect for him, They'll have a stacked house with Barcia, Pieck, Webb and factory phil if he stays on.
I don't think they will keep wp and filthy if they have to pay for webb. it's not like barcia was a bargain.
RUTCITY
Posts
243
Joined
5/24/2013
Location
USA, OH, USA
12/2/2015 6:03am
aeffertz wrote:
Still on 250's, which I think is the right move.
Yeah we all know this; he has to fulfill his contractual obligations, but....

Where do you see him going when he moves up? That's where i was going with it.
MxKing809
Posts
6374
Joined
10/13/2013
Location
Big Sand Whoops, MI, USA
Fantasy
12/2/2015 7:23am
aeffertz wrote:
Still on 250's, which I think is the right move.
RUTCITY wrote:
Yeah we all know this; he has to fulfill his contractual obligations, but.... Where do you see him going when he moves up? That's where i...
Yeah we all know this; he has to fulfill his contractual obligations, but....

Where do you see him going when he moves up? That's where i was going with it.
I've heard KTM is persueing him, and I bet Honda will break out the check book to have a legitimate top young gun again. I think Yamaha will try to keep him, but I doubt that he and Martin will remain on the same brand..... much like Tomac didn't take Honda's reported larger offer to stay, some people just want a change of scenery.
TMV
Posts
1762
Joined
3/17/2009
Location
FR
12/2/2015 7:40am
Sorry but nobody can touch Tomac at the moment...
Juss
Posts
1101
Joined
4/14/2011
Location
Bakersfield, CA, USA
12/2/2015 7:46am
TMV wrote:
Sorry but nobody can touch Tomac at the moment...
This a joke?
ML512
Posts
17070
Joined
12/28/2008
Location
Wildomar, CA, USA
Fantasy
12/2/2015 7:54am
kongols wrote:
Honda. Stamp it.
Laughing No.
Zesiger 112
Posts
2391
Joined
3/4/2013
Location
Galveston, TX, USA
12/2/2015 7:56am
JGR is the best fit, yamaha, it's a team he has worked with when he was on minis, and it's back east close to home
TMV
Posts
1762
Joined
3/17/2009
Location
FR
12/2/2015 8:11am
TMV wrote:
Sorry but nobody can touch Tomac at the moment...
Juss wrote:
This a joke?
It's far from being one.

Webb is already one of the best, but he will have to beat a bunch of his generation to be the real deal.

nc97
Posts
688
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
12/2/2015 8:16am
I say he stays on blue... Yamaha has been waiting to write that check. .
12/2/2015 11:26am
Isn't he with Star threw the 2016 season? I would like to see him go JGR and be closer to home. He is very tight with his family and they are less than 4-5hrs apart. He is a great kid. Being from eastern NC he is already a local legend here. I can see him being one of the greatest! If not JGR I'd say Honda will pay what it takes. He grew up on the Honda so there are roots there....
Silliker269
Posts
1040
Joined
4/25/2014
Location
Calgary, CA
12/2/2015 11:52am
I think he stays Blue but Kawi will throw in a big offer too probably
IceMan446
Posts
4676
Joined
1/10/2010
Location
Sacramento, CA, USA
12/2/2015 12:06pm
He wont leave Yamaha.

Stamp that.
12/2/2015 1:15pm Edited Date/Time 12/2/2015 1:21pm
He's already ready:

Normal way to do it

https://www.instagram.com/p/-H0DTiGzf8/

https://www.instagram.com/p/9v0kwcPDse/

Cooper's way to do it

https://www.instagram.com/p/-xwaDiuCxQ/

I just compared the time between the first whoop to after the last jump.

Amart and Harrison are about 12.2 seconds (Harrison a little bit faster than Martin)

Webb is around 11:3 seconds... Taking a second just on a small part of a track on a rider like Alex Martin, who can top 5 this next season, it's huge.


Also, I would not count out Jeremy Martin on a 450 for 2017, I think he can handle the big bike really well too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzVEUeQg6G8

He was able to keep RC behind him in 2012...
Sideways
Posts
1881
Joined
9/8/2012
Location
SE
12/2/2015 1:50pm
I was not a fan of webb before, acted like a little brat most of the time.

But at the end if this year, with him racing Febvre all over the world, and the interviews he has done and his riding on the 450 has made me change my mind.
He rides with so much emotion and something always happens when hes on the track. Im slowly becoming a fan! Smile
Zesiger 112
Posts
2391
Joined
3/4/2013
Location
Galveston, TX, USA
12/2/2015 1:57pm
Going back on what I said, I think cooper kinda likes it in California, I still thing JGR is a good fit but cooper seems to enjoy having all the tracks close by and being out on his own. I'm sure he probably enjoys going back to NC but to me he seems like the kind who likes to be out on his own. having a private facility like JGR is great but I think it would get boring after a while compared to the variety in California.
kkawboy14
Posts
11486
Joined
6/5/2015
Location
USA
12/2/2015 2:26pm
RUTCITY wrote:
Agreed. I cant decide where he will end up on the 450 though.... Thats been the hot topic with my buddies lately. I feel like Decoster...
Agreed.

I cant decide where he will end up on the 450 though.... Thats been the hot topic with my buddies lately.

I feel like Decoster would love Webb, could he take Dean-O's spot?

JGR has to be foaming at the mouth!

Does yamaha wait for him to graduate to create the Yamaha team we have been hearing about the past few months?

Does he take Wil Hahn's KXF?

Thoughts????
Duuuuude, I hope he gets on the Kawasaki!
HenryA
Posts
3783
Joined
12/29/2011
Location
Stockholm, SE
12/2/2015 2:46pm
Not to spoil the party but that's what people said about Barcia too. Whistling
Zycki11
Posts
7911
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Edwardsville, IL, USA
12/2/2015 3:04pm
I like Cooper and think he has the right attitude. I really admire that he is racing for the love of racing. It is clear that he loves what he does and will continue to progress. I can't see Yamaha letting him go, or him wanting to leave. Yamaha is in the middle of a massive resurgence, the bike is amazing, and it is clearly getting better. I think you will not only see Webb stay blue, but you will see a new wave towards Yamaha in general.
dirtnapper
Posts
5454
Joined
4/14/2011
Location
Alberta, CA
12/2/2015 3:44pm
TMV wrote:
Sorry but nobody can touch Tomac at the moment...
And the post for " this has nothing to do with the topic on hand" goes tooooo........

Whistling

kiwifan
Posts
9854
Joined
10/31/2009
Location
USA
12/2/2015 9:07pm
kongols wrote:
Honda. Stamp it.
ML512 wrote:
Laughing No.
not yet anyway *wink*
brimx153
Posts
3344
Joined
5/3/2012
Location
IE
12/2/2015 9:16pm
imo Webb will stay blue ,Martin to RCH
kongols
Posts
24229
Joined
9/22/2009
Location
Riga, LV
12/2/2015 10:04pm
kongols wrote:
Honda. Stamp it.
ML512 wrote:
Laughing No.
Let`s revisit this topic in a year. Honda does not have a superstar right now. If Canard is not up there, I can see them going after Coop if he`s available. Money talks, bullshit walks. We`ll see. No one ever saw Tomac leaving Honda for Kawi but it did happen.
Rich Piano
Posts
305
Joined
11/10/2015
Location
Los Angeles, CA, USA
12/2/2015 10:47pm
He's pretty much made AC an unknown at this point.
TMV
Posts
1762
Joined
3/17/2009
Location
FR
12/2/2015 10:53pm
TMV wrote:
Sorry but nobody can touch Tomac at the moment...
dirtnapper wrote:
And the post for " this has nothing to do with the topic on hand" goes tooooo........

Whistling

You?

Title: Cooper Webb

OP's Opinion: the dude is the real deal.

Sorry but If you don't want to discuss Webb being the real deal then YOU entered the wrong thread. All the other guys talking about where he may end are the ones off topic.

Post a reply to: Cooper Webb

The Latest