Chad/Tate Lessons...

Zycki11
1/17/2022 2:12pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2022 1:24pm
Oh man Chad rips Tate a new one in this episode. Interesting to hear his take and how he managed certain things throughout his career.
|
snowy816
1/17/2022 2:35pm
Zycki11 wrote:
Oh man Chad rips Tate a new one in this episode. Interesting to hear his take and how he managed certain things throughout his career.
I love Chad even more now.. Not being fake on youtube and agree 100% with what he said. he chewed his ass then explained why in a rational way. kids are given way too much now a days. and these games shit me to tears too... My 9year old is allowed only weekends and only for a couple hrs thats it get outside.
1/17/2022 2:39pm
Tate will be a better man from it. Tough love is something far to many kids are sheltered from these days.

I wonder how he crashed? They never explained why it was so dumb.
snowy816
1/17/2022 2:42pm
Tate will be a better man from it. Tough love is something far to many kids are sheltered from these days. I wonder how he crashed...
Tate will be a better man from it. Tough love is something far to many kids are sheltered from these days.

It seemed to me he did something pretty stupid and I had a feeling he went over to where the bulldozer was working? Hence why chad was so mad as he kept saying you have heaps of area to ride..
LungButter
1/17/2022 3:24pm
Meh....call me old school but I don't think the kid deserves to have that play out on YouTube for everyone to see.

The Shop

bowl
1/17/2022 3:39pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2022 3:42pm
I'm just glad Chad has not given one his kids a stupid name like danger boy ..
Like chads no frills straight up vids .
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
1/17/2022 4:14pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2022 7:48pm
enketchum wrote:
Y r they filming this?
Because it’s reality and how it should have been handled compared to these mini parents that literally scream and hit their kids over stuff like that.
Zycki11
1/17/2022 4:20pm
enketchum wrote:
Y r they filming this?
They chose to do this. It’s a simple as that
LungButter
1/17/2022 4:58pm
Zycki11 wrote:
They chose to do this. It’s a simple as that
Well… Chad and Ellie did. Something tells me not many 11 year old boys would “choose” to be put on YouTube crying while their Dad yells at them.
APLMAN99
1/17/2022 6:06pm
I feel like I just watched an episode of the Kardashian bullshit…….
MX690
1/17/2022 6:19pm
LungButter wrote:
Well… Chad and Ellie did. Something tells me not many 11 year old boys would “choose” to be put on YouTube crying while their Dad yells...
Well… Chad and Ellie did. Something tells me not many 11 year old boys would “choose” to be put on YouTube crying while their Dad yells at them.
If you think that's yelling, you've never been yelled at.
rshelbygt
1/17/2022 6:58pm
Firm-but-fair parenting. His kids will be stronger because of it. Great video.
1/17/2022 7:04pm
LungButter wrote:
Meh....call me old school but I don't think the kid deserves to have that play out on YouTube for everyone to see.
I’d call you new school. Parents are so soft now days.
DonM
1/17/2022 7:10pm
LungButter wrote:
Ha! Old school?….shit my dad would have had my bike up for sale after that…that’s old school…
rshelbygt
1/17/2022 7:11pm
Tate will be a better man from it. Tough love is something far to many kids are sheltered from these days. I wonder how he crashed...

snowy816 wrote:
It seemed to me he did something pretty stupid and I had a feeling he went over to where the bulldozer was working? Hence why chad...
It seemed to me he did something pretty stupid and I had a feeling he went over to where the bulldozer was working? Hence why chad was so mad as he kept saying you have heaps of area to ride..
Seems Chad was pissed because of Tate’s mindset going into the ride day. Tate didn’t see the point in just going there to ride with no plan. He’d rather just stay home and play Fornite. His head wasn’t in it...and he crashed almost immediately doing something stupid (whisky throttle, rock-hard slick track). Messed up his recently-refreshed bike...and could have been hurt. Chad’s opinion is that if your not focused on riding...be honest about it and stay in the van. If you’re not focused...you *will* get hurt. That almost happened...and it seems Chad thinks Tate manifested that will his pre-ride comments/approach. You could see Tate have some “ah-ha” moments when his dad was walking him through it during the chat by the van.

Glad Tate got back on the bike and finished out the day...even if it wasn’t the cool, fun, creative free-ride day Chad was hoping for. In the long run...it will probably be a more influential day for everyone involved.

ArmPumped
1/17/2022 7:33pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2022 7:34pm
bowl wrote:
I'm just glad Chad has not given one his kids a stupid name like danger boy ..
Like chads no frills straight up vids .
You know that was born out of what his father started. In Freestyle everyone had a nickname. The Godfather, The General, Twitch, Cowboy Kenny. It was a right of passage.

Also, He did a backflip to dirt at age 10. That's a fuckin dangerboy
LungButter
1/17/2022 8:40pm
DonM wrote:
Ha! Old school?….shit my dad would have had my bike up for sale after that…that’s old school…
Your Dad also wouldn’t have broadcast it to the world to get a few more likes.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
1/17/2022 9:49pm
DonM wrote:
LungButter wrote:
Your Dad also wouldn’t have broadcast it to the world to get a few more likes.
I’m pretty sure a good amount of us dads could learn something from the way Chad handled that situation. Go to almost any track in So Cal and I’d bet you’d find at least a handful of dads that need to sit down and watch how that was handled.
enketchum
1/17/2022 9:56pm
The differing opinions in here are laughable. Some of you say mini parts are too often yelling and some of you say parents these days are too soft.

This is cringe
enketchum
1/17/2022 9:57pm
LungButter wrote:
Well… Chad and Ellie did. Something tells me not many 11 year old boys would “choose” to be put on YouTube crying while their Dad yells...
Parents own their children and whatever earnings they bring in, so yep
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
1/17/2022 9:57pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I’m pretty sure a good amount of us dads could learn something from the way Chad handled that situation. Go to almost any track in So...
I’m pretty sure a good amount of us dads could learn something from the way Chad handled that situation. Go to almost any track in So Cal and I’d bet you’d find at least a handful of dads that need to sit down and watch how that was handled.
Some kids too.
Monte122
1/17/2022 10:01pm
Tough love, builds character. All good!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
1/17/2022 10:09pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I’m pretty sure a good amount of us dads could learn something from the way Chad handled that situation. Go to almost any track in So...
EZZA 95B wrote:
Some kids too.
Funny you say that. My kid had a meltdown over not being able to play Fortnite before bed. I had him sit down and watch this video. He’s only 5 almost 6, but he switched gears and chilled out after watching it.
PTshox
1/17/2022 10:12pm
Well... a few 2 cents.

1. These are Chads kids. He's the parent and he has his choice how he wants to raise the kids. Which is how it should be. It's not our business... it's between the family members.

2. I'm one of 6 kids. Youngest. 2 of the kids were "coddled" and given whatever they wanted. They never got jobs. Never took on life head on. One of the two is dead. Drank himself to death. The 2nd ... lets just say not a great dinner guest. Coddling is bad news. Life and people will attack you. If you love the kids... prepare them. Teach. It's not all peaches and creame.

If someone wants to start a thread on this and attorneys..... I could do a few pages of comments.

3. Chad, in my opinion, and my opinion only, is trying to teach his kids.....Life is not easy. You have to work. And, you do have to work. Hard. Super hard. Hard, hard, hard. The spoils go to those that work very, very hard. I agree with Chad.

4. Carry on.
CPR
1/17/2022 10:15pm
In the man’s own words:

“ Tough decision on whether or not to post this on our YouTube channel “The Reeds”.
Growing up my dad didn’t always put things the most politically correct way, but always gave it to me straight.
Hoping Tate thinks the same 30 years from now 🤷🏽‍♂️😂”

CPR
1/17/2022 10:18pm
And in my opinion, resilience is one of the best values you can instill in a child.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
1/17/2022 10:23pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2022 10:27pm
He didn't grow up with money and still had bugger all when he left for Europe. His family are all hardworking people and tough as nails... Very nice, hardworking people that don't take shit.

EDIT: He said on PulpMX many years ago how much commitment and effort it takes, and he wanted his kids to know that. You're either all in or you aren't.
Sully
1/17/2022 10:37pm
PTshox wrote:
Well... a few 2 cents. 1. These are Chads kids. He's the parent and he has his choice how he wants to raise the kids. Which...
Well... a few 2 cents.

1. These are Chads kids. He's the parent and he has his choice how he wants to raise the kids. Which is how it should be. It's not our business... it's between the family members.

2. I'm one of 6 kids. Youngest. 2 of the kids were "coddled" and given whatever they wanted. They never got jobs. Never took on life head on. One of the two is dead. Drank himself to death. The 2nd ... lets just say not a great dinner guest. Coddling is bad news. Life and people will attack you. If you love the kids... prepare them. Teach. It's not all peaches and creame.

If someone wants to start a thread on this and attorneys..... I could do a few pages of comments.

3. Chad, in my opinion, and my opinion only, is trying to teach his kids.....Life is not easy. You have to work. And, you do have to work. Hard. Super hard. Hard, hard, hard. The spoils go to those that work very, very hard. I agree with Chad.

4. Carry on.
"Prepare your child for the road, not the road for your child"
PTshox
1/17/2022 10:58pm
When I was a pup my dad had this below painted on a 4x8 sheet of plywood in the basement where there was a ping pong table. I used to look at it... and go "those aren't even complete sentences". I was 5-11 yrs old at the time. He was a Medical Doc from nothing. Served in ww2. He was dead when I was 12. I was on my own.

Today... this below makes perfect sense. One thing I've learned over the years in the business world is you can teach a lot of things. But you can't teach desire. Someone has desire or they don't. If they have desire... hot burning desire you can over come 99% of the problems. The 1% ... you can go around. Desire is critical.

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”

― Calvin Coolidge

Post a reply to: Chad/Tate Lessons...

The Latest