Chad/Tate Lessons...

Related:
Create New Tag

1/17/2022 2:12 PM

Oh man Chad rips Tate a new one in this episode. Interesting to hear his take and how he managed certain things throughout his career.

|

1/17/2022 2:35 PM

Zycki11 wrote:

Oh man Chad rips Tate a new one in this episode. Interesting to hear his take and how he managed certain things throughout his ...more

I love Chad even more now.. Not being fake on youtube and agree 100% with what he said. he chewed his ass then explained why in a rational way. kids are given way too much now a days. and these games shit me to tears too... My 9year old is allowed only weekends and only for a couple hrs thats it get outside.

|

1/17/2022 2:39 PM

Tate will be a better man from it. Tough love is something far to many kids are sheltered from these days.

I wonder how he crashed? They never explained why it was so dumb.

|

1/17/2022 2:42 PM

scrubbin627 wrote:

Tate will be a better man from it. Tough love is something far to many kids are sheltered from these days.

I wonder how he ...more

It seemed to me he did something pretty stupid and I had a feeling he went over to where the bulldozer was working? Hence why chad was so mad as he kept saying you have heaps of area to ride..

|

1/17/2022 3:24 PM

Meh....call me old school but I don't think the kid deserves to have that play out on YouTube for everyone to see.

|

1/17/2022 3:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2022 3:42 PM

I'm just glad Chad has not given one his kids a stupid name like danger boy ..
Like chads no frills straight up vids .

|

1/17/2022 4:10 PM

Y r they filming this?

|

"What happens to your hands when you crash?"
"I put my hands up real quick to protect my sunglasses"

1/17/2022 4:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2022 7:48 PM

enketchum wrote:

Y r they filming this?

Because it’s reality and how it should have been handled compared to these mini parents that literally scream and hit their kids over stuff like that.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

Thanks to : Factory Effex, Simi Valley Cycles, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, Mika Metals

1/17/2022 4:20 PM

enketchum wrote:

Y r they filming this?

They chose to do this. It’s a simple as that

|

1/17/2022 4:58 PM

Zycki11 wrote:

They chose to do this. It’s a simple as that

Well… Chad and Ellie did. Something tells me not many 11 year old boys would “choose” to be put on YouTube crying while their Dad yells at them.

|

1/17/2022 6:06 PM

I feel like I just watched an episode of the Kardashian bullshit…….

|

1/17/2022 6:19 PM

LungButter wrote:

Well… Chad and Ellie did. Something tells me not many 11 year old boys would “choose” to be put on YouTube crying while their ...more

If you think that's yelling, you've never been yelled at.

|

1/17/2022 6:58 PM

Firm-but-fair parenting. His kids will be stronger because of it. Great video.

|

1/17/2022 7:04 PM

LungButter wrote:

Meh....call me old school but I don't think the kid deserves to have that play out on YouTube for everyone to see.

I’d call you new school. Parents are so soft now days.

|

1/17/2022 7:10 PM

LungButter wrote:

Ha! Old school?….shit my dad would have had my bike up for sale after that…that’s old school…

|

I’M NOT F*#$ING SWAP….OK!

1/17/2022 7:11 PM

scrubbin627 wrote:

I wonder how he ...more

snowy816 wrote:

It seemed to me he did something pretty stupid and I had a feeling he went over to where the bulldozer was working? Hence why ...more

Seems Chad was pissed because of Tate’s mindset going into the ride day. Tate didn’t see the point in just going there to ride with no plan. He’d rather just stay home and play Fornite. His head wasn’t in it...and he crashed almost immediately doing something stupid (whisky throttle, rock-hard slick track). Messed up his recently-refreshed bike...and could have been hurt. Chad’s opinion is that if your not focused on riding...be honest about it and stay in the van. If you’re not focused...you *will* get hurt. That almost happened...and it seems Chad thinks Tate manifested that will his pre-ride comments/approach. You could see Tate have some “ah-ha” moments when his dad was walking him through it during the chat by the van.

Glad Tate got back on the bike and finished out the day...even if it wasn’t the cool, fun, creative free-ride day Chad was hoping for. In the long run...it will probably be a more influential day for everyone involved.

|

1/17/2022 7:14 PM

This is how to break the cycle.

|

1/17/2022 7:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2022 7:34 PM

bowl wrote:

I'm just glad Chad has not given one his kids a stupid name like danger boy ..
Like chads no frills straight up vids .

You know that was born out of what his father started. In Freestyle everyone had a nickname. The Godfather, The General, Twitch, Cowboy Kenny. It was a right of passage.

Also, He did a backflip to dirt at age 10. That's a fuckin dangerboy

|

1/17/2022 8:40 PM

DonM wrote:

Ha! Old school?….shit my dad would have had my bike up for sale after that…that’s old school…

Your Dad also wouldn’t have broadcast it to the world to get a few more likes.

|

1/17/2022 9:49 PM

LungButter wrote:

DonM wrote:

LungButter wrote:

I’m pretty sure a good amount of us dads could learn something from the way Chad handled that situation. Go to almost any track in So Cal and I’d bet you’d find at least a handful of dads that need to sit down and watch how that was handled.

|

2017 RMZ450
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

Thanks to : Factory Effex, Simi Valley Cycles, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, Mika Metals

1/17/2022 9:56 PM

The differing opinions in here are laughable. Some of you say mini parts are too often yelling and some of you say parents these days are too soft.

This is cringe

|

1/17/2022 9:57 PM

LungButter wrote:

Well… Chad and Ellie did. Something tells me not many 11 year old boys would “choose” to be put on YouTube crying while their ...more

Parents own their children and whatever earnings they bring in, so yep

|

1/17/2022 9:57 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

I’m pretty sure a good amount of us dads could learn something from the way Chad handled that situation. Go to almost any ...more

Some kids too.

|

1/17/2022 10:01 PM

Tough love, builds character. All good!

|

1/17/2022 10:09 PM

LungButter wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

I’m pretty sure a good amount of us dads could learn something from the way Chad handled that situation. Go to almost any ...more

EZZA 95B wrote:

Some kids too.

Funny you say that. My kid had a meltdown over not being able to play Fortnite before bed. I had him sit down and watch this video. He’s only 5 almost 6, but he switched gears and chilled out after watching it.

|

2017 RMZ450
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

1/17/2022 10:12 PM

Well... a few 2 cents.

1. These are Chads kids. He's the parent and he has his choice how he wants to raise the kids. Which is how it should be. It's not our business... it's between the family members.

2. I'm one of 6 kids. Youngest. 2 of the kids were "coddled" and given whatever they wanted. They never got jobs. Never took on life head on. One of the two is dead. Drank himself to death. The 2nd ... lets just say not a great dinner guest. Coddling is bad news. Life and people will attack you. If you love the kids... prepare them. Teach. It's not all peaches and creame.

If someone wants to start a thread on this and attorneys..... I could do a few pages of comments.

3. Chad, in my opinion, and my opinion only, is trying to teach his kids.....Life is not easy. You have to work. And, you do have to work. Hard. Super hard. Hard, hard, hard. The spoils go to those that work very, very hard. I agree with Chad.

4. Carry on.

|

1/17/2022 10:15 PM

In the man’s own words:

“ Tough decision on whether or not to post this on our YouTube channel “The Reeds”.
Growing up my dad didn’t always put things the most politically correct way, but always gave it to me straight.
Hoping Tate thinks the same 30 years from now 🤷🏽‍♂️😂”

|

1/17/2022 10:18 PM

And in my opinion, resilience is one of the best values you can instill in a child.

|

1/17/2022 10:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2022 10:27 PM

He didn't grow up with money and still had bugger all when he left for Europe. His family are all hardworking people and tough as nails... Very nice, hardworking people that don't take shit.

EDIT: He said on PulpMX many years ago how much commitment and effort it takes, and he wanted his kids to know that. You're either all in or you aren't.

|

1/17/2022 10:37 PM

PTshox wrote:

Well... a few 2 cents.

1. These are Chads kids. He's the parent and he has his choice how he wants to raise the kids. Which ...more

"Prepare your child for the road, not the road for your child"

|