Canard

kiwifan
Edited Date/Time 2/22/2015 1:37am
Where was he after 1st lap? Good ride to 3rd. Be good to see him get a start like Reed got today :-)
|
zook11
2/21/2015 8:58pm
If he got a start like reed he would have dominated. Canard was on it all day.
Trav138
2/21/2015 9:00pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2015 9:01pm
zook11 wrote:
If if if if if.
He didn't catch Dungey. Great race though. He needs to start winning
kiwifan
2/21/2015 9:01pm
zook11 wrote:
Probably, starts are certainly the biggest key to getting the win. Not taking that away from those who have won from the holeshot, but tough coming from say 5th or more?
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
2/21/2015 9:02pm
zook11 wrote:
Trav138 wrote:
If if if if if.
LOL Yep,

Saying "IF" Canard could get a start is no different than saying

IF Reed had his speed from 08
IF Roczen did not crash
IF Tomac could stop crashing by himslef.

IF I had a ton more skill on a bike and could ride a SX track and was a faster rider and a better starter than everyone else in the world I could dominate each week.

The Shop

kiwifan
2/21/2015 9:09pm
zook11 wrote:
Trav138 wrote:
If if if if if.
no, but he did get closer to him after a bad start did he not?
mrquick
2/21/2015 9:12pm
Everyone is talking like Dungey has this thing wrapped up but Trey is still in the mix and could very well win it all. Starting out of the top ten and finishing 3 seconds behind the leader ( like tonight ) is what's hurting Trey. If he can get within 3 seconds
of the leaders with a horrible start just think where he would be with a top 3 start. Trey will get to show his real speed at Daytona.
struth
2/21/2015 9:13pm
zook11 wrote:
Trav138 wrote:
If if if if if.
aaryn #234 wrote:
LOL Yep, Saying "IF" Canard could get a start is no different than saying IF Reed had his speed from 08 IF Roczen did not crash...
LOL Yep,

Saying "IF" Canard could get a start is no different than saying

IF Reed had his speed from 08
IF Roczen did not crash
IF Tomac could stop crashing by himslef.

IF I had a ton more skill on a bike and could ride a SX track and was a faster rider and a better starter than everyone else in the world I could dominate each week.
I reckon reed was faster in 09 on suki n possible better for a year on the honda
kiwifan
2/21/2015 9:14pm
mrquick wrote:
Everyone is talking like Dungey has this thing wrapped up but Trey is still in the mix and could very well win it all. Starting out...
Everyone is talking like Dungey has this thing wrapped up but Trey is still in the mix and could very well win it all. Starting out of the top ten and finishing 3 seconds behind the leader ( like tonight ) is what's hurting Trey. If he can get within 3 seconds
of the leaders with a horrible start just think where he would be with a top 3 start. Trey will get to show his real speed at Daytona.
ah so he was out of top ten after the start ..thanks, I was wondering where.
2/21/2015 9:16pm
Canard and Dungey have both really picked it up this year. It's far from over and they haven't even picked the fat lady or the song yet.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
2/21/2015 9:18pm
mrquick wrote:
Everyone is talking like Dungey has this thing wrapped up but Trey is still in the mix and could very well win it all. Starting out...
I hope you're right and Trey can tighten up the points. I don't care who wins, but I really want to see a close championship battle all the way to Vegas.
kiwifan
2/21/2015 9:21pm
mrquick wrote:
gsxrcr28 wrote:
I hope you're right and Trey can tighten up the points. I don't care who wins, but I really want to see a close championship battle...
I hope you're right and Trey can tighten up the points. I don't care who wins, but I really want to see a close championship battle all the way to Vegas.
by the looks of the season thus far, your wish may well come true
mrquick
2/21/2015 9:32pm
Trey started outside the top ten but on lap one was shown in tenth position. What's your problem with that? I know
you're trying to prove me wrong so get to it.
Crush
2/21/2015 9:38pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2015 9:39pm
mrquick wrote:
Trey started outside the top ten but on lap one was shown in tenth position. What's your problem with that? I know you're trying to prove...
Trey started outside the top ten but on lap one was shown in tenth position. What's your problem with that? I know
you're trying to prove me wrong so get to it.
Is this directed at me?

Mate, are you ok? You're really fucking angry with the "proving me wrong" business–Which, not to be a dick, but I did last week–Do you need a hug?

I was just posting the lap chart because it's a thread about race position... BUT as everyone knows that doesn't include starting position because these records at the end of the first lap.

Personally I was more interested in seeing how quickly he moved up.
Trav138
2/21/2015 9:47pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2015 9:56pm
kiwifan wrote:
no, but he did get closer to him after a bad start did he not?
Really doesn't prove much. Bad starts = high risk high reward type racing and racing that way can get you through the pack quickly but also put you on the ground, to many variables to predict how a race WOULD of gone with different scenarios.

I believe Trey will win a few more this year and i couldn't be happier for him. He has shown amazing strength coming back from that awful stretch of injuries and i will be pulling for him.

Edit Trey was in 4th right behind Dungey on lap 5
mrquick
2/21/2015 9:53pm
You Sir, didn't prove anything to me last week. Trey said he touched reeds tire and I took his word for it. Simple as that.
I did get a good laugh at you trying to explain to someone how he PUSHED reeds bike with his front tire and when he came
back down he got traction and looped out. best/funniest thing I've ever read on Vital. Priceless.
2thefront
2/21/2015 10:05pm
Trey made up almost 5 sec on reed in the main coming through the pack. I'd say he was consistently faster than reed. Gotta have starts this year though.
kiwifan
2/21/2015 10:13pm
mrquick wrote:
You Sir, didn't prove anything to me last week. Trey said he touched reeds tire and I took his word for it. Simple as that. I...
You Sir, didn't prove anything to me last week. Trey said he touched reeds tire and I took his word for it. Simple as that.
I did get a good laugh at you trying to explain to someone how he PUSHED reeds bike with his front tire and when he came
back down he got traction and looped out. best/funniest thing I've ever read on Vital. Priceless.
I think you are confusing Reed for Millsaps?
toroP
2/21/2015 10:24pm
Trey was 5.8 seconds behind Chad at the end of lap one.
mrquick
2/21/2015 10:27pm
Yep. It was Millsap instead of reed. I stand corrected. Crush has a way of bringing out my bad side.
toroP
2/21/2015 10:32pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2015 10:33pm
2thefront wrote:
Trey made up almost 5 sec on reed in the main coming through the pack. I'd say he was consistently faster than reed. Gotta have starts...
Trey made up almost 5 sec on reed in the main coming through the pack. I'd say he was consistently faster than reed. Gotta have starts this year though.
After lap one Trey averaged about a tenth faster than Chad. TC made up 2.5 seconds on Reed after lap one.
kiwifan
2/21/2015 10:32pm
toroP wrote:
wasnt it up to 8 seconds at one point?
toroP
2/21/2015 10:39pm
toroP wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
Probably, and that would be losing time to Reed.
After lap one Trey's avg lap time was a tenth better than Chad. He lost 5.8 to Reed on lap one and finished 3.3 behind.
2thefront
2/21/2015 11:43pm
toroP wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
toroP wrote:
Probably, and that would be losing time to Reed. After lap one Trey's avg lap time was a tenth better than Chad. He lost 5.8 to...
Probably, and that would be losing time to Reed.
After lap one Trey's avg lap time was a tenth better than Chad. He lost 5.8 to Reed on lap one and finished 3.3 behind.
It was 8 seconds at one point. 8 seconds down to 3.3 is almost 5 seconds as I said. Basically, you're saying he did it in a shorter amount of time than the full race distance. Regardless, Trey was absolutely blazing fast today and Reed was fast enough given that he nailed the most important part of the race and his biggest threats had to overcome bad starts. Kudos to him.
haydos25
Fantasy
3333rd
2/21/2015 11:54pm
2thefront wrote:
It was 8 seconds at one point. 8 seconds down to 3.3 is almost 5 seconds as I said. Basically, you're saying he did it in...
It was 8 seconds at one point. 8 seconds down to 3.3 is almost 5 seconds as I said. Basically, you're saying he did it in a shorter amount of time than the full race distance. Regardless, Trey was absolutely blazing fast today and Reed was fast enough given that he nailed the most important part of the race and his biggest threats had to overcome bad starts. Kudos to him.
So if Canard holeshots and wins next week do we all go through the lap times afterwards and compare from lap 2 on to see who would win? Oooooorr do we just give him props for being the best on the night?

Reed went as fast as he needed to to win, whether that was his fastest we'll never know because you only need to win by an inch. Trey went as fast as he could and because he had a bad start it was good for third. Nothing to sneeze at and given Roczen and Tomacs night it was a great ride in the grand scheme of things
BobPA
2/21/2015 11:57pm
mrquick wrote:
He had Dungey in his sights after the 5th lap and he couldn't make up the time.
mxgoon
2/21/2015 11:59pm
Anyone notice the stats in the broadcast for the top four guys.

Average starting position and average finish.

Canards stats where impressive compared to the other guys.

His starts are killing his chances though.
2/22/2015 12:00am
Canard is fast. He turn the fastest lap in the main. I think if he can get the start and be consistent, he can win the thing. He still need Dungey to do a mistake though.
Crush
2/22/2015 12:00am
mrquick wrote:
Yep. It was Millsap instead of reed. I stand corrected. Crush has a way of bringing out my bad side.
Right.

So I post Trey hit Davi. He did, you could see it. You go apeshit saying prove me wrong. You're wrong. But that's on me?

Someone needs a hug.

This week, there is a discussion about lap position, after the first lap, I post the lap chart, and you get your panties in a wad about being proven wrong again.

You need more than a hug.

Post a reply to: Canard

The Latest