Bogle To Ride Geico 450 In 2016

GD2
Posts
16166
Joined
5/10/2014
Location
Plano, TX, USA
Fantasy
Edited Date/Time 10/27/2015 10:04pm
The GEICO Honda race team will be led by champion rider Justin Bogle in 2016 through a continued partnership with the American Honda Factory team. Bogle, who won the 250SX East title in 2014 and finished a close second in the same category this year, will take over the CRF 450 ride vacated by Eli Tomac.
"The time is right to move up, and I'm really excited it's with the GEICO Honda team," Bogle said. "Knowing everyone here and working with the same group of people will make this transition so much easier. I'm really comfortable with this team, always have been, and I trust in everything these guys do for the riders.
"Big thanks to (team owners) Jeff Majkrzak, Ziggy (Rick Zielfelder), Mike Grondahl, and everyone at Honda for believing in me and giving me this opportunity. This is what you dream about as a kid when you're racing every weekend at the local track and pushing yourself to get better. It's for all the work you put in when your friends are going out and having fun. This is the ultimate dream come true."
In the last two seasons alone, Bogle scored three wins and had 14 podium finishes in 250SX action, never finishing below fifth place. He also bagged two overall and seven individual podium finishes in one full season of Motocross.
Bogle, from Cushing, Okla., joined the GEICO Honda team as an amateur in 2011, the same year he earned the AMA Racing Motocross Horizon Award, which is given to the amateur racer best poised for success in the pro ranks.
"Justin has earned this chance and we're happy to have a spot for him, thanks to our long association and partnership with Honda," Zielfelder said. "Justin earned GEICO Honda a championship last year and almost defended it this year. He was always up front and in the mix on a 250 and we expect more of the same on a 450."
To prepare for his transition to the top tier of his sport, Bogle returned from injury and competed on a GEICO Honda CRF 450 in the last three outdoor races this year, giving him some experience at the top level.
"I wasn't going all-out when I rode a 450 those last three races, but it did give me a chance to see what I'll be up against," Bogle said. "It's the best riders in the world, the fastest guys, the guys that have worked just as hard as you have. It'll be a great challenge. But at the end of the day it's riding a dirt bike, which is something I've done my whole life.
"I'm very comfortable on the 450 and I've already been training quite a bit. I'm excited to continue the off-season work and to prepare for A1. It'll be here soon."

http://vurbmoto.com/blogs/geico-honda-promotes-justin-bogle/25973/
|
Silliker269
Posts
1040
Joined
4/25/2014
Location
Calgary, CA
10/27/2015 10:06am
Could he be a sleeper for top 5 guy ?
dak446
Posts
1052
Joined
3/28/2011
Location
Louisville, KY, USA
10/27/2015 3:19pm
Awesome news. His performance at the end of the season was great for coming in so late (probably with minimum prep time). Hopefully he can make a name for himself in the stacked 450 class
Johnny Depp
Posts
6433
Joined
10/16/2014
Location
Buda, TX, USA
10/27/2015 3:22pm
Good for him. The top 250 guys can jump right on a 450 and compete, that is established.

Now what about Mookie?
davistld01
Posts
9342
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Springfield, MO, USA
10/27/2015 3:29pm
This late in the year, being on a bike he's had experience on rather than an all new bike & team structure has to be a good thing. I think he came out well.

The Shop

GD2
Posts
16166
Joined
5/10/2014
Location
Plano, TX, USA
Fantasy
10/27/2015 4:19pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2015 4:20pm
According to TransWorld, Bogle believes he will be able to sign his own gear deals as well. Similar to what Hahn/Tomac did previously.

GEICO Honda has long allowed their 450 riders the opportunity to put together apparel sponsorship deals that are separate for the 250 side of the team (Windham with MSR/Shoei/SPY, Hahn with Alias/Shoei/VonZipper, Tomac with Alpinestars/6D/Oakley).

“I’m still unsure. As far as I know I’m able to do my own thing and there are companies we’re looking at, but nothing is finalized. Obviously everyone will know once that happens.”


http://motocross.transworld.net/news/justin-bogle-stays-with-geico-hond…


Good thing for him if he gets to sign his own deals, because I doubt a whole lot of salary is going his way this year. Probably looking at mainly gear deal money/bonuses.
daemon616
Posts
2025
Joined
2/19/2012
Location
Euless, TX, USA
10/27/2015 4:24pm
oshow
Posts
4083
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
10/27/2015 4:37pm
Could he be a sleeper for top 5 guy ?
No
Sully
Posts
9570
Joined
8/24/2006
Location
JP
10/27/2015 4:48pm
Could he be a sleeper for top 5 guy ?
oshow wrote:
No
Well then, I guess he doesn't even need to bother showing up since you've already mapped out his season.

He was running top 5 in the few outdoor races he rode until he faded from lack of prep time, so I'd say he stands a decent chance.
With the exception of Dungey, you can almost guarantee that most of the top 10 guys will have at least a couple of crappy races, so if Bogle can keep it consistent (and keep himself off the ground), he stands as good a chance as anyone.
kiwifan
Posts
9853
Joined
10/31/2009
Location
USA
10/27/2015 5:13pm
So much for those saying there will never be a Geico 450 rider like Tomac was...was hoping Bogle would go green actually, but all good.
oshow
Posts
4083
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
10/27/2015 6:28pm
Could he be a sleeper for top 5 guy ?
oshow wrote:
No
Sully wrote:
Well then, I guess he doesn't even need to bother showing up since you've already mapped out his season. He was running top 5 in the...
Well then, I guess he doesn't even need to bother showing up since you've already mapped out his season.

He was running top 5 in the few outdoor races he rode until he faded from lack of prep time, so I'd say he stands a decent chance.
With the exception of Dungey, you can almost guarantee that most of the top 10 guys will have at least a couple of crappy races, so if Bogle can keep it consistent (and keep himself off the ground), he stands as good a chance as anyone.
Okay....

Talk to me after the season.


I'm not a hater. I like Bogle, cool dude.

He wont be top 5.... That's just the facts.
Skuzzy29
Posts
864
Joined
7/28/2014
Location
Central CA, CA, USA
10/27/2015 6:32pm
oshow wrote:
Okay....

Talk to me after the season.


I'm not a hater. I like Bogle, cool dude.

He wont be top 5.... That's just the facts.
You're confusing 'fact' with 'opinion'!

I think he can be around the top 5 some times...but doubt he'll regularly be there.
oshow
Posts
4083
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
10/27/2015 6:35pm
oshow wrote:
Okay....

Talk to me after the season.


I'm not a hater. I like Bogle, cool dude.

He wont be top 5.... That's just the facts.
Skuzzy29 wrote:
You're confusing 'fact' with 'opinion'!

I think he can be around the top 5 some times...but doubt he'll regularly be there.
I'm not confusing anything.

It's a fact.

My opinion is worse.

Good luck to him.



It's a tough class.
Skuzzy29
Posts
864
Joined
7/28/2014
Location
Central CA, CA, USA
10/27/2015 6:42pm
oshow wrote:
I'm not confusing anything.

It's a fact.

My opinion is worse.

Good luck to him.



It's a tough class.
Never mind...you obviously don't know what 'fact' means! ...lol

I agree there are many that 'should' finish ahead of him...but I'm guessing you knew for a 'fact' that Short would win Seattle in 2012!
oshow
Posts
4083
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
10/27/2015 6:45pm
oshow wrote:
I'm not confusing anything.

It's a fact.

My opinion is worse.

Good luck to him.



It's a tough class.
Skuzzy29 wrote:
Never mind...you obviously don't know what 'fact' means! ...lol I agree there are many that 'should' finish ahead of him...but I'm guessing you knew for a...
Never mind...you obviously don't know what 'fact' means! ...lol

I agree there are many that 'should' finish ahead of him...but I'm guessing you knew for a 'fact' that Short would win Seattle in 2012!
He was due.


That's a fact too.
Skuzzy29
Posts
864
Joined
7/28/2014
Location
Central CA, CA, USA
10/27/2015 6:48pm
oshow wrote:
He was due.


That's a fact too.
So who else is due fact master?! ...lol
zehn
Posts
7899
Joined
1/15/2013
Location
Anchorage, AK, USA
10/27/2015 6:49pm
daemon616 wrote:
Clearly not a quad!
Sully
Posts
9570
Joined
8/24/2006
Location
JP
10/27/2015 7:57pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2015 7:58pm
daemon616 wrote:
zehn wrote:
Clearly not a quad!
It's only a quad if Ralph says it is.

oshow, unless your real name is Marty McFly, you should really think about investing in a dictionary.
GD2
Posts
16166
Joined
5/10/2014
Location
Plano, TX, USA
Fantasy
10/27/2015 8:00pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2015 8:02pm
Just in case someone is confused.



Xeno
Posts
3742
Joined
12/30/2010
Location
San Clemente, CA, USA
10/27/2015 8:08pm
Cole Seely was 3rd overall in the 2015 Supercross series. Nobody (besides Jarid) predicted that- because it's a tough class.
machine
Posts
6404
Joined
1/5/2011
Location
Collettsville, NC, USA
10/27/2015 9:06pm
I doubted the guy when he turned pro...not gonna predict anything this time. He burned me already..lol
10/27/2015 9:57pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2015 9:57pm
Xeno wrote:
Cole Seely was 3rd overall in the 2015 Supercross series. Nobody (besides Jarid) predicted that- because it's a tough class.
^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

Cracks me up when the "facts" start getting thrown around.


I'm good for $50 that Bogle finishes at least 2 races in the top 5. Any takers, that are willing to pay when they lose the bet ?
kiwifan
Posts
9853
Joined
10/31/2009
Location
USA
10/27/2015 10:04pm
Xeno wrote:
Cole Seely was 3rd overall in the 2015 Supercross series. Nobody (besides Jarid) predicted that- because it's a tough class.
Langhammx wrote:
^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^ Cracks me up when the "facts" start getting thrown around. I'm good for $50 that Bogle finishes at least 2 races in the...
^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

Cracks me up when the "facts" start getting thrown around.


I'm good for $50 that Bogle finishes at least 2 races in the top 5. Any takers, that are willing to pay when they lose the bet ?
yeah thats a solid bet, I think he will have some top 5 finishes next year as well

Post a reply to: Bogle To Ride Geico 450 In 2016

The Latest