Big 6

glgalfer551
Edited Date/Time 11/3/2015 6:19pm
Never mind the problems. Got the help needed, been a AMA member for a long time.
|
gpracer36
11/3/2015 8:14am
I race worcs and worcs only. Way too many issues with Big 6. They are put on by desert clubs, volunteers. Not saying they are bad people, just not always professional in my opinion. I just finished this season in worcs with my son and a bunch of friends. We talked about doing big 6 next year just to change it up. After talking about past bs, we are going back to worcs next year, no contest.
glgalfer551
11/3/2015 8:36am Edited Date/Time 11/3/2015 5:26pm
gpracer36 wrote:
I race worcs and worcs only. Way too many issues with Big 6. They are put on by desert clubs, volunteers. Not saying they are bad...
I race worcs and worcs only. Way too many issues with Big 6. They are put on by desert clubs, volunteers. Not saying they are bad people, just not always professional in my opinion. I just finished this season in worcs with my son and a bunch of friends. We talked about doing big 6 next year just to change it up. After talking about past bs, we are going back to worcs next year, no contest.
Raced both and have had up and downs between the series.
Tactic
11/3/2015 9:13am
I wanted to chime in as I've raced Big6 for several years and have never experienced any issues like you mention.

Are you sure you're signing up for the right class/lining up on the right line? Have you tried speaking with anyone at Big6 or protesting the results while at the races? Have any GoPro footage of you winning or passing these riders that are showing up ahead of you? Or perhaps making a post over at the D37 message boards instead?

With them using moto-tally to do electronic scoring for the last few seasons, I'd be very surprised if what you're saying is happening is truly the case, though if it really is the case that is some serious cheating and should be addressed obviously. Non-regulars win races all of the time, so I imagine there is some sort of misunderstanding somewhere along the way and can probably be cleared up easily with one of the Big6 officials.
BurtbaC
11/3/2015 9:36am
Never had any issues with scoring results as Tactic stated since they have the MotoTally system. Although I have had some miss scores day of the race but it was corrected by contacting the GP steward. Seems it would be pretty hard to cheat when all of the lap times are recorded.

The Shop

gpracer36
11/3/2015 10:48am Edited Date/Time 11/3/2015 10:49am
Tactic wrote:
I wanted to chime in as I've raced Big6 for several years and have never experienced any issues like you mention. Are you sure you're signing...
I wanted to chime in as I've raced Big6 for several years and have never experienced any issues like you mention.

Are you sure you're signing up for the right class/lining up on the right line? Have you tried speaking with anyone at Big6 or protesting the results while at the races? Have any GoPro footage of you winning or passing these riders that are showing up ahead of you? Or perhaps making a post over at the D37 message boards instead?

With them using moto-tally to do electronic scoring for the last few seasons, I'd be very surprised if what you're saying is happening is truly the case, though if it really is the case that is some serious cheating and should be addressed obviously. Non-regulars win races all of the time, so I imagine there is some sort of misunderstanding somewhere along the way and can probably be cleared up easily with one of the Big6 officials.
yes, little things like signing up then a half an hour later they have no record of it. Being shown dead last then a week later fifth. Issued a number then told I have the wrong number. The sign up guys drinking coors light...
gpracer4224
11/3/2015 2:52pm Edited Date/Time 11/3/2015 3:09pm
Never mind the problems. Got the help needed, been a AMA member for a long time.
i know who is in charge of scoring and their kids race in a different class
Titan1
11/3/2015 2:56pm
Moto-Tally is great...but there is still a ton of user error. My local series uses it, and errors are VERY common. Not so much about which class riders are in, or their number...but often-because technology isn't perfect-someone's time won't register at the check or something like that...and it shows them a lap down in the results or something.
Desrtracer
11/3/2015 4:11pm
gpracer36 wrote:
I race worcs and worcs only. Way too many issues with Big 6. They are put on by desert clubs, volunteers. Not saying they are bad...
I would like to speak to you about your issues with the Big6 so please email me. Thanks
11/3/2015 4:49pm
Worcs is definitely one step ahead big 6. The tracks are always usually maintained better than any big 6 race is also..
slipdog
11/3/2015 4:56pm
I thought this was going to be a "Free P" thread, oh well.

Free P and Big Lenny!
SPYGUY
Fantasy
725th
11/3/2015 5:04pm
Titan1 wrote:
Moto-Tally is great...but there is still a ton of user error. My local series uses it, and errors are VERY common. Not so much about which...
Moto-Tally is great...but there is still a ton of user error. My local series uses it, and errors are VERY common. Not so much about which class riders are in, or their number...but often-because technology isn't perfect-someone's time won't register at the check or something like that...and it shows them a lap down in the results or something.
That sounds like a transponder issue, not a Moto-Tally issue.
SwapperMX
11/3/2015 5:15pm
slipdog wrote:
I thought this was going to be a "Free P" thread, oh well.

Free P and Big Lenny!
Haha same !!
glgalfer551
11/3/2015 5:28pm
Its off-road racing the tracks shouldn't be maintained. Big 6 is rough by sunday afternoon
RonSkj
Fantasy
131st
11/3/2015 6:00pm
I've had transponder problems at big 6 races. 1 E-mail to the stewart and they check the hand scoring and correct it. Done!
GoonSquad250x
Fantasy
4002nd
11/3/2015 6:19pm
Its funny how fast a thread on Vital travels to the people its about!! A couple of 1st time posters in this thread.Smile

Post a reply to: Big 6

The Latest